Author Topic: [IC] RetroBlight - Classic, now with more yellow! (On Hold -_- )  (Read 176267 times)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] RetroBlight - Classic, now with more yellow! (Full Contour SA)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 11:58:43 »
While i agree that there is an issue with how SP is doing this, i still would love to see this set happen. I don't think boycotting will be benetifital to anyone or the community, but will also open up talks on my own with them to try to get more information on the reasoning. If people would like me to head up getting this set run on Massdrop or PMK please let me know. If that were to happen I would also see to it that any and all royalties go to Frosty, fyi.

I already got a PM from someone to run this and I'll let them look after the GB.
Since, of course, someone has been given the carte blanche personally by me we should leave it to them to avoid confusion.

So the good news is that this is still being run! Only difference being that someone else has taken the reigns.  :thumb:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 12:01:02 »
While i agree that there is an issue with how SP is doing this, i still would love to see this set happen. I don't think boycotting will be benetifital to anyone or the community, but will also open up talks on my own with them to try to get more information on the reasoning. If people would like me to head up getting this set run on Massdrop or PMK please let me know. If that were to happen I would also see to it that any and all royalties go to Frosty, fyi.

I already got a PM from someone to run this and I'll let them look after the GB.
Since, of course, someone has been given the carte blanche personally by me we should leave it to them to avoid confusion.

So the good news is that this is still being run! Only difference being that someone else has taken the reigns.  :thumb:

Why aren't you doing it? I thought you were going to go with Md, in which case that already takes a huge amount of load off your back.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 12:03:59 »

Why aren't you doing it? I thought you were going to go with Md, in which case that already takes a huge amount of load off your back.

I'm simply not doing it since I don't want dirt on my hands.
It seems silly since it makes no difference whether I or anyone else does it, but it's merely a matter of discomfort that I have with SP right now.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 12:44:40 »
Hey everybody,

With permission from FrostyToasty and help from livingspeedbump, I will be making sure that this set gets created. This is quite the amazing set and I do not want to see all this hard work go to waste.

Please keep in mind that this set will most likely be ran through Massdrop. I know some people will not agree to this but in order to this see this set become a success than it is likely our best course of action. I for one do not have the time or patience to sort out the set and ship them out, Massdrop should be able to fulfill the orders much faster than just myself. Another benefit is that Massdrop does indeed bring in more interest so we can most likely keep a fair bit of these child deals, however they will all be looked over and discussed whether they stay or not. A lot is up in the air right now but I just want to let everybody know that this set WILL be made.

I just wanted to give a small update to clear up any confusion. I will give out updates as everything starts to progress. :thumb:

Cheers,
Steezus
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #354 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 12:58:35 »
Hey everybody,

With permission from FrostyToasty and help from livingspeedbump, I will be making sure that this set gets created. This is quite the amazing set and I do not want to see all this hard work go to waste.

Please keep in mind that this set will most likely be ran through Massdrop. I know some people will not agree to this but in order to this see this set become a success than it is likely our best course of action. I for one do not have the time or patience to sort out the set and ship them out, Massdrop should be able to fulfill the orders much faster than just myself. Another benefit is that Massdrop does indeed bring in more interest so we can most likely keep a fair bit of these child deals, however they will all be looked over and discussed whether they stay or not. A lot is up in the air right now but I just want to let everybody know that this set WILL be made.

I just wanted to give a small update to clear up any confusion. I will give out updates as everything starts to progress. :thumb:

Cheers,
Steezus

Glad this set is continuing.  :thumb:

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 13:34:16 »
One subject that I think can still be open up for debate is the sculpt of the set..

The set is currently set as 3-1-2-3-4-3, however the render displaying the TKL board appears to be 1-1-2-3-4-4.

As I see it, there are three options from which we can choose from. 3-1-2-3-4-3/1-1-2-3-4-3/1-1-2-3-4-4

I would really like to hear everybody's opinion on this on. I personally don't see 3 at the top as the best looking profile. I'd also like to add that if we are quick with this then we can possibly get this set ran rather fast and ahead of other sets waiting as they are adding finishing touches.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 13:36:20 »
1-1-2-3-4-4 is my favorite, and most true to vintage boards  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:05:28 »
I opened the files and checked, and the renders for the G80 are correct, only the TKL is wrong because it was a sudden and later addition after someone requested a render on a black case.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 16:39:59 »
I opened the files and checked, and the renders for the G80 are correct, only the TKL is wrong because it was a sudden and later addition after someone requested a render on a black case.

Ah ok, thank you very much for the clarification. That is actually good though, people can see two of the three options. The only difference for the third option is that the bottom row is 3 rather than 4.

My personal vote is with LSB as well with a 1-1-2-3-4-4 look.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #359 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 17:08:47 »
One of the main reasons why I chose to go with 3-1-2-3-4-3 is because the profile works better with the r3 relegendable keys.
However, I can still see it working well with 1-1-2-3-4-4

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #360 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 17:12:32 »
One of the main reasons why I chose to go with 3-1-2-3-4-3 is because the profile works better with the r3 relegendable keys.

Ah that is a good point. Although I don't have high hopes for the relegendables, we'll definitely keep them in but they may be difficult to reach MOQ. If I recall correctly Skidata+ had some issues reaching MOQ for their relegendables.

At the moment we're just discussion all the kits and seeing if any could be added or what not. We're also looking over the color palette to ensure that they look as close to the renders as possible, I think that is a very important factor in this.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #361 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 17:31:18 »

Ah that is a good point. Although I don't have high hopes for the relegendables, we'll definitely keep them in but they may be difficult to reach MOQ. If I recall correctly Skidata+ had some issues reaching MOQ for their relegendables.

At the moment we're just discussion all the kits and seeing if any could be added or what not. We're also looking over the color palette to ensure that they look as close to the renders as possible, I think that is a very important factor in this.

I agree, i think it will be more benefitial to make this able to mix/match with other sets than have relegendables. I also have doubts that it would reach moq

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 00:24:33 »
1-1-2-3-4-4

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #363 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 01:07:57 »
1-1-2-3-4-4

Thanks MOZ, I think that's a good choice. ;)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #364 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:32:07 »
1-1-2-3-4-4

Its a tried and true sculpt at this point (Modern Selectric, Carbon, Jukebox, Troubled Minds, Nantucket Selectric, Retro SA, Pulse round 2) all use that same sculpt.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 23:35:10 »
1-1-2-3-4-4

Its a tried and true sculpt at this point (Modern Selectric, Carbon, Jukebox, Troubled Minds, Nantucket Selectric, Retro SA, Pulse round 2) all use that same sculpt.

Yeah I personally think it's a better option. I understand the r3 at the top for relegendables but if they're used like in the render then it wouldn't be a problem anyways.

Anybody else have any input on the sculpt?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #366 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:29:37 »
1-1-2-3-4-4 :)

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #367 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:55:25 »
One subject that I think can still be open up for debate is the sculpt of the set..

The set is currently set as 3-1-2-3-4-3, however the render displaying the TKL board appears to be 1-1-2-3-4-4.

As I see it, there are three options from which we can choose from. 3-1-2-3-4-3/1-1-2-3-4-3/1-1-2-3-4-4

I would really like to hear everybody's opinion on this on. I personally don't see 3 at the top as the best looking profile. I'd also like to add that if we are quick with this then we can possibly get this set ran rather fast and ahead of other sets waiting as they are adding finishing touches.

I love 3-1-2-3-4-3 personally, sounds like I might be the only one. R3 for f-keys looks so much better for f-rows that are disconnected from the numrow, like a lot of TKL+ boards are. It'll look like ****e though on anything in the 75% category where they're smushed up next to each other, it's probably more versatile just to stick to the standard 1-1-2-3-4-4 sculpted profile.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #368 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 00:59:43 »
1-1-2-3-4-4

I have to admit that when I first started this interest check I was not very familiar with the SA family at all.
Looking at it now I think that this will best work with 1-1-2-3-4-4.
I realize that most other SA sets use this same profile and it would be nice if those coloured mods could be used to compliment those other sets too  :thumb:

Offline BigTinz

« Reply #369 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 09:32:03 »
How well would the mod kit mesh with SA commando alphas: http://keypuller.com/commando-23/ ?

Definitely interested in mods/numpad/relegends.

Offline Butter

« Reply #370 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 09:47:36 »
One vote for 1-1-2-3-4-4

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 10:04:49 »
How well would the mod kit mesh with SA commando alphas: http://keypuller.com/commando-23/ ?

It wouldn't work very well unfortunately.
In an effort to accommodate the r3 shift issue they used a profile of 1-2-3-3-3-4

Offline ehwc

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:16:48 »
1-1-2-3-4-4!

The more I look at those renders, the more I can't wait for this set to be produced.. :)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 17:23:46 »

It wouldn't work very well unfortunately.
In an effort to accommodate the r3 shift issue they used a profile of 1-2-3-3-3-4

Calm Depths and Penumbra used that sculpt as well, but no others that I can think of off the top of my head.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:06:54 »
I just wanted to give a small update letting everyone know that this is still very much alive. With help from LSB we have discussed this with Massdrop already, it looks like we'll just be waiting our turn now. I believe there is 2-3 more sets in front of us but they too are finishing up small details. It will give us more time to generate interest as well and for everyone to save up the money. ;)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:30:56 »
Patiently waiting.  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 18:13:22 »
I just wanted to give a small update letting everyone know that this is still very much alive. With help from LSB we have discussed this with Massdrop already, it looks like we'll just be waiting our turn now. I believe there is 2-3 more sets in front of us but they too are finishing up small details. It will give us more time to generate interest as well and for everyone to save up the money. ;)

NICE, one of the few key-sets worth owning here on Geekhack/MassDrop   ;) .

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #377 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 10:37:33 »
I can try to nail down a relative date for the drop, shouldn't be terribly soon, but I feel like knowing is always better than just waiting and having it start up all of a sudden.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:36:29 »
I can try to nail down a relative date for the drop, shouldn't be terribly soon, but I feel like knowing is always better than just waiting and having it start up all of a sudden.

I think that's a really good idea. It can help people prepare for the sale and provide some comfort. There is a flood of custom keysets nowadays.

As for everyone else, thank you very much for your support. I hope this becomes a very successful sale and that everyone will be pleased with the outcome. :thumb:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:37:41 »
One more thing to note, I completely forgot about homing keys when it came to this keyset  :-[
You might want to do something about that  :))

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:41:25 »
One more thing to note, I completely forgot about homing keys when it came to this keyset  :-[

Ahh thank you very much, I completely missed that as well. :p

From what I see looking at other GBs it seems that the general consensus is for scoops. Perhaps if there is enough interest then we can add a kit for bumps/bars as well.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:44:06 by Steezus »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:43:09 »

Ahh thank you very much, I completely missed that as well. :p

From what I see looking at other GBs it seems that the general consensus is for bars. Perhaps if there is enough interest then we can add a kit for scoops (eww gross lol) as well.

Yes! Can't wait!  :p

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #382 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 22:30:11 »
We got some more beautiful renders thanks to thesiscamper. Here's some ErgoDox love. ;)

As long as we can get enough interest we can definitely provide ErgoDox support. :thumb:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #383 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 01:34:13 »
All these thesiscamper renders are going to make many people poor and SP/GMK/MD rich.

I spot a conspiracy, thesiscamper is actually hired by SP! :o

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #384 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:30:51 »
All these thesiscamper renders are going to make many people poor and SP/GMK/MD rich.

I'll be here waiting for the check to arrive   ;D

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #385 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:37:24 »

You deserve it.  Those renders are sexy!
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #386 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 03:42:07 »

You deserve it.  Those renders are sexy!

Thanks, although I doubt SP will be sending me anything any time soon  :))

Offline monksoffunk

• 25keys
« Reply #387 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 05:44:20 »
Those renders are so beautiful...
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 February 2016, 05:46:15 by monksoffunk »

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 16:40:41 »
I'm up for it, as a couple of RetroBlight sets will allow me to let the dream of Penumbra / Solarise die, and (wait for it...) I reckon I'm close to endgame for boards, keysets and the like. Thank <insert deity of choice> I never bothered with artisan keys.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline GaM3 Is H4rD

« Reply #389 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 16:22:11 »
Can't really wait till this set online.

Offline AgentZen

« Reply #390 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 05:59:19 »
I really love it.
KUL ES-87 w/ Clears (GMK Hyperfuse) | Working on: Custom 60% w/ 65g feelios (BSP blanks)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 07:20:22 »
Steezus hasn't been on for a while. Is this project still happening?

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 08:04:58 »
Steezus hasn't been on for a while. Is this project still happening?

Sure doesn't look good!  :(

Offline Jedi

« Reply #393 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 08:20:04 »
Not much we can all do but wait for SP to get caught up.  Shouldn't be but another 4-8 weeks max in which case more can come in to fill the pipe.  Steezus has been in, just what can we do but wait it out a bit.  We certainly don't want to rush an order in then be all up in arms about why its taking so long.  The real question is, which profile of the easily 4+ we have in IC right now, is gonna be next?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #394 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 09:18:12 »
Yeah, this will definitely happen, I'll make sure of that  :thumb:

Just give it some time though. 1976 just ran, Jukebox is next up to bat, and then hopefully I can get this. But spacing the retro/vintage themed SA kits out a bit is probably a good idea as well.

This is definitely a very special kit, and something I'm very excited to actually throw on a few keyboards  :thumb: Frosty did an amazing job with it for sure.

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #395 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 10:01:10 »
Yeah, this will definitely happen, I'll make sure of that  :thumb:

Just give it some time though. 1976 just ran, Jukebox is next up to bat, and then hopefully I can get this. But spacing the retro/vintage themed SA kits out a bit is probably a good idea as well.

This is definitely a very special kit, and something I'm very excited to actually throw on a few keyboards  :thumb: Frosty did an amazing job with it for sure.

That's good to hear!

For one reason, or another, too many GB's have crashed and burned lately, so when the OP disappears for two months, it's not exactly confidence inspiring.

Offline kle5635

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 18:29:00 »
Is this set still running? And does anyone have any idea if Penumbra is gonna be back up this year?

Offline Jedi

« Reply #397 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 20:33:16 »
x
Is this set still running? And does anyone have any idea if Penumbra is gonna be back up this year?

This is still in the Interest Check stage and yes, please read LivingSpeedbump's post 2 above yours.  There is little that can be done until Signature Plastic is caught up on the latest runs and the pending runs that they already have planned ahead of this one. 
Penumbra is a separate thread.  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51026.msg2116288#msg2116288 is the place to post questions about Penumbra.  Again, though if another keys uses Signature Plastics, then yes they are delayed as well.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #398 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 21:11:44 »
This set is going to happen, we're just waiting our turn with Massdrop. MD wants to spread out the SA sets so they aren't back to back as well. I'm not going to be on geekhack that much or possibly not at all but this set is still going to happen.

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #399 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 21:50:39 »
This set is going to happen, we're just waiting our turn with Massdrop. MD wants to spread out the SA sets so they aren't back to back as well. I'm not going to be on geekhack that much or possibly not at all but this set is still going to happen.

Fabulous news!

Thanks VERY much for the update.  :thumb: