Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2119410 times)

Offline GeorgeK

Re: GMK DOLCH [taking orders]
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:13:30 »
Can't remember off the top of my head - I'll pop it off later and take a look :)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:14:15 »
This would fit so good on my FILCO with clears. But i really don't know if i should order it. I have 3 DCS sets already and i want to go for a DSA now. But damn this one looks so classy and nice. Really torn :confused:

Get it! How often does a GMK Dolch GB turns up and Ivan is doing us a bug favor. It's now or never :D

Try to win me over by telling me why this set is so special and so good:) I don't quite know the difference between this set and the standard ABS Doubleshots.
And yes, i know he's doing us all a favor, this set seems to be very popular. Great job with launching this GB! :thumb:

Actually I don't own a GMK set but I've ordered the GMK mini packs of esc and space bar and they're really nice to type on. Imagine if I get the full set. Oh I can't wait :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Zwi

• hi.
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:26:45 »
I've been waiting for this set for years!

Does anyone know if the base set will cover all the keys needed for the Leopold FC660M? I have a feeling the spacebar will be an issue but I can easily fix that.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:41:01 »

Does anyone know if the base set will cover all the keys needed for the Leopold FC660M? I have a feeling the spacebar will be an issue but I can easily fix that.

I was questioning the fc660m spacebar, too. Anyone know?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:42:40 »
Leopolds are not compatible with other spacebar since they made the spacing stupid for no reason. Leopold owner should have plate modified/new plate cut with correct spacebar stabilizer size for permanent fix to problem.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:44:45 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:46:15 »
*uck!!
My wallet is bleeding again!
ty Ivan
 :p :thumb:
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:49:46 »

I was questioning the fc660m spacebar, too. Anyone know?

buy extra spacebars and stem mod?

Offline Zwi

• hi.
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 11:52:41 »
Leopolds are not compatible with other spacebar since they made the spacing stupid for no reason. Leopold owner should have plate modified/new plate cut with correct spacebar stabilizer size for permanent fix to problem.

Thats what I figured. What about the other keys? Like the shorter right shift key on the FC660M. In the base set picture it looks like smaller shift key is included. Just want to make sure it is the correct one.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:09:01 »
For FC660, you will need also ODD pack for second 2.25 shift on right side.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:09:31 »
Is the ODD set going to have those mini spacebars that fit the ergoduck.

I know the specs aren't finalized.

Offline Zwi

• hi.
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:19:57 »
For FC660, you will need also ODD pack for second 2.25 shift on right side.

Thanks, order submitted!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 12:23:11 »
Does the ODD support the spacebar or the pure pro?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:01:33 »
Dolch COLOR pack: is that teal color going to be a custom one?  Or is it the currently existing cyan from CMYK? 

Also, would be awesome to have a 7x spacebar in that color  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:08:20 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:03:52 »
Dolch COLOR pack: is that teal color going to be a custom one?  Or is it the currently existing cyan from CMYK? 

Quote from: IvanIvanovich
Yes it is same as the Code key with cyan color.

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:04:20 »

Ivan if the color set is going to be like the code key you should show a picture of it so people who don't know can see it.

Show Image

Taken from: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50591.msg1319598#msg1319598

Not sure if this is what you're asking but here it is :)

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:12:42 »
Try to win me over by telling me why this set is so special and so good:) I don't quite know the difference between this set and the standard ABS Doubleshots.
And yes, i know he's doing us all a favor, this set seems to be very popular. Great job with launching this GB! :thumb:

1) Aesthetics.
2) It's s accurate of a replica as it can get of one of the most popular sets around due to point 1 above.
3) Doubleshot and thick abs. Made by the same equipment used to make the original. It might as well be the original already except this is a group buy.
4) Everything you hear about thick keycaps apply to them, even if they're abs. They're still thick and of very good quality.

If I'm not wrong, this is a keycap made by the same company so you can see how it is http://www.geekkeys.com/gmk-white-esc/

5) This groupbuy took a long time to come. And it will probably not come again for a very long time. If along the way in your keyboard journey, you start to realise why these caps were so sought after, I'd rather you be glad you got them, rather than regret that you had the chance and have to wade through tons of classified threads to find these again lol.
6) If for some reason you don't like these, you can always sell them off again rather easily. I'm pretty sure there will be people who have missed this and are looking for a chance to get hold of one from another member. Or if they joined after this gb ended and only realised why they were so good after the gb ended and were unable to get one.
7) Based on those reasons above, you don't really have a reason not to get one, unless it's cause of finanicial issues. Friend's birthday? Get a dolch. your birthday? Get a dolch. Lamp died? Get a dolch. Thermostat too cold? Get a dolch.

Hope this helps!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:23:58 »
Space bar sizes: GMK only has 6.25 as smallest Cherry spacebar profile. 3 is the largest that is available in row B profile. Boards that have spacebar between 3 and 6.25 you will be on your own to find anything else than the stock spacebar that came with your keyboard.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:26:34 »
Gonna place an order forsure  :thumb: Been waiting for this for so long and that color pack is sick  :thumb: :thumb:
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline redeye

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:32:53 »
ordered, Cheers Ivan

Offline skuko

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:38:31 »
Another noob question, I'm afraid: Would I face any problems buying these keys for my Filco?

I hear some 1.25 cherry caps don't jive well with costar stabilizers.

i have a pbt cherry profile set and it the enter and shift keys grind on the stab wire.

this is abs though, so it may fit properly, but i'm not sure i want to take a 150 euro risk on that :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:46:31 »
Another noob question, I'm afraid: Would I face any problems buying these keys for my Filco?

i have a pbt cherry profile set and it the enter and shift keys grind on the stab wire.

this is abs though, so it may fit properly, but i'm not sure i want to take a 150 euro risk on that :)

Who made those cherry profile pbt caps?? Are they imsto caps?

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:52:16 »
MINILA spacebar... it should fit as far as I know unless Minila has something stupid non standard stem spacings? Does a stabilized shift key fit on there? If so we are good.

Doesn't look good - Minila spacebar below, right shift above.  Does this mean a no-go?

Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:53:08 »
Ergo duck using shifts for spacebars...

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 13:59:41 »
MINILA spacebar... it should fit as far as I know unless Minila has something stupid non standard stem spacings? Does a stabilized shift key fit on there? If so we are good.

Doesn't look good - Minila spacebar below, right shift above.  Does this mean a no-go?

Show Image

Do you happen to have any other sets laying around that you could compare other shift keys to this spacebar?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 14:48:46 »
miniLA Spacebar is 3x, so a 2.75x shift won't fit it. I've tried a bunch of them. You have to get a 3x key.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 15:01:54 »
Just to be clear: This is an ABS doubleshot set, DCS profile, correct?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 15:02:29 »
Just to be clear: This is an ABS doubleshot set, DCS profile, correct?

Nope this set is cherry profile but yes doubleshot abs

DCS is an SP profile this set is a GMK set
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 May 2014, 15:13:44 by SpAmRaY »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #127 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 15:06:43 »
Ivan,
Can you please change my order from 1x Dolch F'n'A pack to 4x Dolch F'n'A pack?
(I want 16x windowed keys :) )
I saved the link but for some reason it doesn't work.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 15:55:58 »
The only way to know why GMK is so awesome is to put your fingers on it. And by the way, since when does "PBT >> ABS" become consensus? A lot people don't know how awesome ABS is just because they never try GMK set. And don't ever base your judgement about PBT and ABS on SP made caps. SP double shot never does ABS the justice. I'm getting rid of all my SP sets after I realized how awesome GMK is.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline skuko

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 16:02:59 »

yeah imsto pbt cherry profile....exactly these on my filco. "collecting dust" in a bag in my drawer now, because i don't want to screw with the caps.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 16:13:19 »
The only way to know why GMK is so awesome is to put your fingers on it. And by the way, since when does "PBT >> ABS" become consensus? A lot people don't know how awesome ABS is just because they never try GMK set. And don't ever base your judgement about PBT and ABS on SP made caps. SP double shot never does ABS the justice. I'm getting rid of all my SP sets after I realized how awesome GMK is.
+1

I was die-hard PBT until I tried my first GMK key... I didn't know I could love ABS until we met, and now I lust after a full set of GMK. Turning tricks on the corner until July baby  :p :p
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 16:14:01 »
Ordered mine, thanks a lot for doing this
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 16:16:50 »

1) Aesthetics.
2) It's s accurate of a replica as it can get of one of the most popular sets around due to point 1 above.
3) Doubleshot and thick abs. Made by the same equipment used to make the original. It might as well be the original already except this is a group buy.
4) Everything you hear about thick keycaps apply to them, even if they're abs. They're still thick and of very good quality.

If I'm not wrong, this is a keycap made by the same company so you can see how it is http://www.geekkeys.com/gmk-white-esc/

5) This groupbuy took a long time to come. And it will probably not come again for a very long time. If along the way in your keyboard journey, you start to realise why these caps were so sought after, I'd rather you be glad you got them, rather than regret that you had the chance and have to wade through tons of classified threads to find these again lol.
6) If for some reason you don't like these, you can always sell them off again rather easily. I'm pretty sure there will be people who have missed this and are looking for a chance to get hold of one from another member. Or if they joined after this gb ended and only realised why they were so good after the gb ended and were unable to get one.
7) Based on those reasons above, you don't really have a reason not to get one, unless it's cause of finanicial issues. Friend's birthday? Get a dolch. your birthday? Get a dolch. Lamp died? Get a dolch. Thermostat too cold? Get a dolch.

Hope this helps!

It does, you've actually won me over pretty fast! But now im concerned, and here's why; I already have a thick set, it's PBT, but it's thick. Now the problem is that the thickness causes a rattle when put on my costar stab buttons on my FILCO because the inner wall is too thick and the stabs hit it while im typing. Again, i'm torn. I have more information thanks to you, but i'm torn :confused:
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 16:38:12 »

yeah imsto pbt cherry profile....exactly these on my filco. "collecting dust" in a bag in my drawer now, because i don't want to screw with the caps.

Show Image

Yeah I'm thinking the insides of imsto thick pbt could be different than the thick abs GMK caps. Maybe someone who has both handy could do a couple photos of the bottoms of some of the stabilized caps.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 16:47:23 »
Yes, that would be awesome.
God this community is friendly. It feels so good to be a part of it.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 17:15:15 »

It does, you've actually won me over pretty fast! But now im concerned, and here's why; I already have a thick set, it's PBT, but it's thick. Now the problem is that the thickness causes a rattle when put on my costar stab buttons on my FILCO because the inner wall is too thick and the stabs hit it while im typing. Again, i'm torn. I have more information thanks to you, but i'm torn :confused:

I've never actually heard or seen anything like this to be honest, so I can't really help you there haha sorry :(

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 17:52:20 »

I've never actually heard or seen anything like this to be honest, so I can't really help you there haha sorry :(

I've heard of this problem before. Usually it's solved by sanding the insides of the caps.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 17:58:12 »

I've heard of this problem before. Usually it's solved by sanding the insides of the caps.

Sanding a cap. /ouch
Sanding a new cap. /ouch
Sanding a GMK cap. /ouch

:'(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:27:06 »

1) Aesthetics.

Hope this helps!

I had the same problem with IMSTO caps, with multiple sets. Right now I have Cherry caps which are the same as what will come in this GB and have not had any issues with them.

Offline feizor

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:27:15 »

Sanding a cap. /ouch
Sanding a new cap. /ouch
Sanding a GMK cap. /ouch

Sell the Filco, buy cherry stab keyboard = win

Offline skuko

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:44:47 »

1) Aesthetics.

Hope this helps!

I had the same problem with IMSTO caps, with multiple sets. Right now I have Cherry caps which are the same as what will come in this GB and have not had any issues with them.

in case you still have some imsto caps, can you please take the cherry enter and imsto enter and take a photo of the inside please?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:47:50 »

Sanding a cap. /ouch
Sanding a new cap. /ouch
Sanding a GMK cap. /ouch

They are talking about imsto caps not gmk.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #142 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:50:58 »

1) Aesthetics.

Hope this helps!

in case you still have some imsto caps, can you please take the cherry enter and imsto enter and take a photo of the inside please?

Sorry I don't. I recentlysold them, but there are tons of people on this forum that have both.

I do have a comparison pic but its not modifiers. (credit to ethos for the pic)
65823-0

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 18:56:30 »
In for base and color!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 20:03:03 »
I'll have to disagree here, the tightest caps I ever had were the GMK purple mods on cherry mx clear stems.

Yes, I bought those as well and guess what........they fitted perfectly on my LH-GZ and have removed them to re-settle them into a current GON keyboard.  No problems at all in fitting any Korean Kit  :thumb: .

GMK is only for the decent keyboards whilst the Filco's, Leopold's and WASD's will only ever get SP made keys.

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 20:17:52 »
Why all the SP hate in this thread lol. What did they do to wrong us?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 21:02:58 »
Oh, f*ck me...and here I was excited for the TaiHao ABS Dolch group buy...

Sh*t's expensive, but so tempting...not too familiar with Cherry profile, though.
<<< Click to view

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 21:14:27 »

I'm not sure about your case but in my case, I did not see any issue with Imsto, GMK and SP. Imsto and GMK have similar profile and they all work correctly on Filco, QFR with Costa Stabilizers. Indeed, we need the Teflon tape to make the Costa Inserts tightened into the keycap stem. If we make them right, everything is good but we put them into incorrect position like I had in the example, the stabs will hit back to the keycap and that perhaps the situation you faced.
65832-0
Don't worry too much, this GB is all about GMK Dolch keycap, it is all good for your Filco, Ducky, KMAC, Cherry G80, etc.
I like linear switches

Offline Chonzer

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:07:15 »
Just wondering why the arrow keys in the colour pack are in R2 R3 profile instead of R4. How different would they feel to a normal arrow key set? I'll still probably buy the colour pack just for the esc, enter and windows keys but it would be nice if those arrow keys would have a normal profile. Do you guys think those arrow keys would feel weird because they are not molded in the normal profile?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 23 May 2014, 22:17:12 »
@ivan: is it possible to get the current numbers we are at for each set in the OP and updated every few days? I found that really helped drive participation and ordering in the granite GB. When people could see which sets were lagging behind or were at risk of not hitting the MOQ, the thread would get behind them and make it happen.

With the buzz we have in this thread right now I feel like it could only help.