Author Topic: Chase Freedom Credit Card: Spend $500 in First 3-Months and Earn $200 Cash Back  (Read 4450 times)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
Chase.com offers $200 Cashback with New Chase Freedom Credit Card Approval after you Spend $500 in First 3-Months. 5% cash back categories rotate each quarter. Currently there's 5% cash back on Amazon purchases up to $1,500 from now through 12/31/13.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=6H8X&SPID=F6YD&AFFID=lw9MynSeamY-ld21iMGesGWyu8cLvTn5DA&pvid=K0YclFJqEeOIrOZWJb0cRASIU8_0_0_0_Qt61&jp_cmp=cc/311076/aff/3-10002108/na

Please note, please refer to the forum thread for additional details.
http://slickdeals.net/f/6445532-chase-freedom-credit-card-spend-500-in-first-3-months-and-earn-200-cash-back

Additional Details:
- For a limited time, earn a $200 bonus after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 13.99%-22.99%.
- 5% Cash Back on up to $1,500 spent between October 1 and December 31, 2013 at Amazon.com and select department stores
- You'll enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months like gas stations, restaurants and Amazon.com. It's free and easy to activate your bonus each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% Cash Back on all other purchases
- No Annual Fee
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline missalaire

Is this the best offer for this card? No.

- I personally got $350 when signed up, but that only lasted 2 days.
- $200 is pretty good, but $250 and $300 was offered in the past (late 2011, early 2012)
- Just sharing this so you know there could be better offer since you can only get this card bonus once in lifetime.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple of points, feel free to correct if I am wrong:

1) If you have recently applied for this card with sign up bonus of $100, you can write a secure message to chase and Chase will honor the current deal. I was told by Chase that Chase will honor any current deal for up to 90 days. So, if you applied for this Freedom Card within the last 3 months, you have a high probability of Chase matching the current promo. But still YMMV.

2) Most of the Chase signup promos are only one time per person for the life time. So, if you have already got the Freedom visa card with sign up bonus and even if you have canceled the card, your chances of getting the sign-up bonus again is close to 0%. But your chances improve if you have a Freedom Master card and now applying for the Freedom Visa Card, but still YMMV!

3) For new folks approved for the card, just don't cancel the card immediately after getting the sign up bonus since this is a card worth keeping. It doesn't have any annual fee and the 5% rotating bonus is good if not the best. Also, you will not be getting the bonus again with chase even if you cancel the card and reapply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline missalaire

missalaire, Pacifist and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lol I think you're a little too young.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Oh wow that is a good deal..

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
missalaire, Pacifist and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lol I think you're a little too young.

but the cash tho

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
I notice that the interest rate is significantly higher for this card than other ones Chase has offered me.  Let's see... send me a galaxy of 22% and 19% offers, and I take the 12% one.  Maybe you'd pay attention and send me another 12% offer.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
I don't own any credit cards, but the way I see it, if you pay off the bills at the end of the month, they won't make anything off of you. Its the stupid people who buy more than they can who the cc's profit on

Offline phx

no annual fee? dont see the harm of trying this out I guess.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
I don't own any credit cards, but the way I see it, if you pay off the bills at the end of the month, they won't make anything off of you. Its the stupid people who buy more than they can who the cc's profit on

Yep, those people are also responsible for such high CC resale prices. They know they can get their money back (or even more) so they'll keep on bidding.

On topic: This is literally free money they're giving you. However, you just have to know when to stop buying.

Offline missalaire

Wew just got approved for this card :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Here's the kicker. They'll cancel your card eventually. Had it happen to my uncle. He paid before it was due and they weren't making money off him. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I've had my card 3 years and always paid on time. Still haven't been cancelled.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Here's the kicker. They'll cancel your card eventually. Had it happen to my uncle. He paid before it was due and they weren't making money off him. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I've had multiple cards over the past 13 or so years and always pay off my balance, never had an issue.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Do you have monthly/yearly fees? I believe his was fee free. Hence the no money making. I envy his credit and money management.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
No fees here

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Do you have monthly/yearly fees? I believe his was fee free. Hence the no money making. I envy his credit and money management.

On my two main cards we use no fees on my oldest card a $12/yr fee, I only keep it because its 13yrs old.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
I've been looking into having Chase as my main bank for a while (currently have Wells Fargo).

When did you get the $350 bonus? I want to wait for a time where I can get the most cash back from switching, but I have no clue when these deals happen. Should I just subscribe to Chase's email list or something?

Offline phx

got my card

also sent them a message asking to confirm the cash back deal ($200 back after spending $500 in first 3 months), they confirmed it and said it will be added to the account 1-2 months after the third month ends.

I'm liking the deals on this card better than my AMEX. also a lot of places dont take AMEX :\
so I guess it's pretty handy to have 2 credit cards.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Oh man, have you earned something back?
You are a happy man!!!
Don't complaim ...
PLEASE!
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline missalaire

I've been looking into having Chase as my main bank for a while (currently have Wells Fargo).

When did you get the $350 bonus? I want to wait for a time where I can get the most cash back from switching, but I have no clue when these deals happen. Should I just subscribe to Chase's email list or something?

I did not personally get that bonus, I recently signed up and got approved for the $200 cashback that's going on now. That was a copy + paste from the Slickdeals thread on this deal. I believe the $350 bonus was 2-3 years ago. They seem to be lowering the bonuses year after year so who knows if you'll be able to get that much again.