Author Topic: who do you think has the worst police force?  (Read 5624 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
who do you think has the worst police force?
« on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:52:30 »
i've never been to new york (thankfully) but holy hell does the NYPD seem like a bunch of bastards.

here in cali they're pretty bad also. they tend to follow the policy of shoot now, and wait for your paid vacation courtesy of the police union.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline moogle

Re: who do you think has the worst police force?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:53:41 »
i've never been to new york (thankfully) but holy hell does the NYPD seem like a bunch of bastards.

can confirm; see location

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:54:29 »
Worst as in corrupt or **** at their job or power crazed?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:55:13 »
Worst as in corrupt or **** at their job or power crazed?

isn't all that the same?

if they are corrupt, they are **** at their job because they're power crazed

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:58:38 »
Well I'll be dammed...

That makes perfect sense.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:14:16 »
LAPD isn't that great

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:18:27 »
LAPD isn't that great

not at all. remember the dorner incident?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:30:56 »
Russia.  But I'm biased.

Actually our friends' house burned down (it was one of those 3-floor rentals for college students), and police assured them that it would be monitoring the house and not letting anyone unauthorized walk in and steal stuff, while everything was secured after the fire.  My friends came back 2 days later when they were allowed to come in and found that a bunch of stuff was missing (=stolen).  They went to the police department to complain, saying that there was supposed to be a guard watching the house, and they got literally laughed out of the building. (That's in Boston).
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:33:32 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:38:34 »
NYPD is pretty cool iunno what you're sayin

LAPD seems kinda lame

Ukraine is super corrupted, that sounds bad.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Sai

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:55:07 »
I'd say myanmar police force. since the country is like no. 2 or 3 on the corruption list, the police is no better.
you kill someone and if you have money, you won't be jailed.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 20:59:32 »
Nuff said:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 21:02:58 »
Nuff said:

Show Image

we have those here.

they're in the school side of the department

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 21:08:09 »
The competition be stiff.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:38:24 »
China or NK

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:59:40 »
Where's NK?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:02:07 »
north korea?

Offline BGD

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 23:15:58 »
You ain't seen nothing till you've been in South Africa. They're a massive joke.

Offline iri

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 05:16:57 »
RUSSIAN POLICE BRUTALITY SHOCKING VIDEO NOT FOR THE LIGHT-HEARTED

Show Image
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 10:31:05 »
nah, happens all the time in India. they've got convicted rapists in parliament, and they've got rapists everywhere, and on any day you'll see a few dozen corpses floating down the ganges.

Right I think Indian police "win" the award.
http://m.timesofindia.com/city/chandigarh/Four-cops-arrested-for-minors-gang-rape/articleshow/27669011.cms
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Malphas

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:11:03 »
An associate of mine had the Russian police ask to see his passport, then prompty demanded a bribe to get it back when he handed them in. Someone who isn't me - ahem - once bought cocaine from the police in Mexico.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:13:20 »
An associate of mine had the Russian police ask to see his passport, then prompty demanded a bribe to get it back when he handed them in. Someone who isn't me - ahem - once bought cocaine from the police in Mexico.

Oh god the Mexican police. My dad got the same run around. Ticket or bribe. When converted to USD the bribe was a measly 5 dollars.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:16:00 »
RUSSIAN POLICE BRUTALITY SHOCKING VIDEO NOT FOR THE LIGHT-HEARTED

Show Image

I wouldn't call that brutality.  That guy deserved it for putting up a fight.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:19:15 »
Sarcasm

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 14:45:49 »
An associate of mine had the Russian police ask to see his passport, then prompty demanded a bribe to get it back when he handed them in.
some time and a qualified lawyer, and these people can successfully continue their career at a supermarket security.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 16:32:14 »
Sadly not here. Slap on the wrist and paid vacation. And like the Catholic Church did with pedos. They get reassigned to other cities.

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 22:37:19 »

ROFL, nice to see a fellow SWIMmer on GH.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:35:30 »
NYPD is certainly the most racist police department.  But that comes from the top.  Mayor Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelley deserve the blame for that.  The average NYPD cop will however rush in when there's danger, and they do try to help when there's a disaster.  However, they also unjustly harass innocent african americans and hispanics.  And they have a tendency to beat people.  They do beat a lot of people.  And torture.  They shoved a plunger up the butt of Abner Louima, because they thought he was a gay prosititue.  But he was neither gay, nor a prostitute.  He was just black.  At night.  Which is a crime to Mayor Bloomberg.   The NYPD also kills people.  Like Amadou Diallo, who was shot 41 times for carrying take-out Chinese food in a bag to his home in the Bronx.  Does that make the NYPD the worst?  Maybe it does.

Still, as bad as the NYPD Is, I think the New Orleans PD might be a little bit worse.  They are just plain incompetent.  And the ones who aren't incompetent are corrupt.  During Hurricane Katrina, in 2005, the NOPD simply abandoned their posts.  And they let prisoners drown in their own jail.  That was out of pure cowardice and incompetence. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline iri

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:47:52 »
They shoved a plunger up the butt of Abner Louima, because they thought he was a gay prosititue.
hmmm. here they use batons for that.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 01:03:53 »
They shoved a plunger up the butt of Abner Louima, because they thought he was a gay prosititue.
hmmm. here they use batons for that.

Yeah, Russian Police are getting pretty bad on the gay bashing.  But that comes from Putin.  CAUTION:  You may not want to say anything.  I'm sure the NSA is spying on this, and I'm also sure Obama shares his intel with Putin.  Or Putin spies on Obama.  Either way, don't risk a comment. 

But yeah, the homophobia in Russia is getting pretty bad. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline iri

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 03:26:14 »
Yeah, Russian Police are getting pretty bad on the gay bashing.  But that comes from Putin.  CAUTION:  You may not want to say anything.  I'm sure the NSA is spying on this, and I'm also sure Obama shares his intel with Putin.
i can say that putin is a mother****ing ***gotish ****face. or, more precisely, путин -- мудоблядская перхоть подзалупная. but can obama hear me from inside his tent?..

48972-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 04:47:52 »
Yeah, Russian Police are getting pretty bad on the gay bashing.  But that comes from Putin.  CAUTION:  You may not want to say anything.  I'm sure the NSA is spying on this, and I'm also sure Obama shares his intel with Putin.
i can say that putin is a mother****ing ***gotish ****face. or, more precisely, путин -- мудоблядская перхоть подзалупная. but can obama hear me from inside his tent?..

(Attachment Link)
"Yes we can!"
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Trent

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 01:07:38 »
I'll tell you which police force is awesome: Chicago.

• Sweet talk your way out of all traffic violations (I drive like a true Chicagoan and have never been pulled over, you have to be driving pretty bad or unlucky)
  • Primary focus is on bad neighborhoods
  • I've always seen them primarily care about crime and etc, not traffic nonsense

Then again I'm a white male that can speak with excellent diction, so my interactions with the police may be biased  :))
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 01:15:30 »
I'll tell you which police force is awesome: Chicago.

• Sweet talk your way out of all traffic violations (I drive like a true Chicagoan and have never been pulled over, you have to be driving pretty bad or unlucky)
  • Primary focus is on bad neighborhoods
  • I've always seen them primarily care about crime and etc, not traffic nonsense

Then again I'm a white male that can speak with excellent diction, so my interactions with the police may be biased  :))

As someone from SE WI, I assure you that all you FIBs are most certainly driving "pretty bad".  :P

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 02:36:23 »
Philippine cops are sh*t too. But I prefer to call them noobs.

FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 04:41:33 »
I'll throw South Africa into the ring, our police are so bad that we have a huge private security industry, they are also insanely corrupt generally speaking.

Offline frowni

• i love typing!
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 05:24:29 »
Just watch this....this is where i live ;)

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 12:54:53 »
Liberia, trust me!

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 07:53:20 »
I sometimes complained about Dutch police,

until I had to deal with police in another country.

Now I think they are awesomely patient and understanding brothers and sisters of the law.

Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 15:23:05 »
I'm currently looking for a photo of me and 4 policemen and numerous local girls in Phuket. Why? Because were in Hard Rock, which was a very cool go-go bar.

I also had some pics of a couple strippers and myself playing on the beach in Puerto Rico outside my hotel. Local police were taking the photos for us.

Oh....the WORST police? I try not to play that game, but I have given cash to police/military in several countries.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 21:05:34 »
American cops are really tame compared to tons of other countries. They are almost a joke here.

The worst would likely be a militarized police force controlled by a dictator like in some African and South American countries.

Offline Blusey

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 21:17:16 »
Some of the police in the UK are one hell of a joke...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 21:34:02 »
Around Kalgoorlie here in WA, there's a corrupt sergeant that will look the other way when nailing you with a laser speed gun.

Produce the moolah and he disappears back into his Falcon and all is forgotten.  The worse thing is he knows me by my name and address.

I had to fork out $400 cash or get fined, since I'm on my last demerit point I figured that was cheap.  Thank god for dirty pigs, we desperately need them  :thumb: .

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 21:37:44 »
As a norwegian I find it hard to understand why so many people seem to hate the police where they live.
Nothing but respect for our police force and I believe most norwegians would agree with me.
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 22:34:46 »
As a norwegian I find it hard to understand why so many people seem to hate the police where they live.
Nothing but respect for our police force and I believe most norwegians would agree with me.

I somewhat agree with this. Cops get a bad rap (and this is coming from an ex-dealer.) 80% of the time if a cop stops you on the street or pulls you over they have some reason or report information as to why they did so. At least in America. Yes there are dirty cops all over the world but they certainly aren't the majority, they are just the ones that make the news.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 04:33:54 »
I'll throw South Africa into the ring, our police are so bad that we have a huge private security industry, they are also insanely corrupt generally speaking.

I think the majority of the patrol cops, the guys on the street are pretty good, actually. Sometimes they can get frustrated with having to keep to the rules when they see criminals doing stuff which should be punished far more seriously than it is. And they are fighting a losing battle, with crime escalating all the time and them being more and more limited by the laws and regulations. It's not fair on them and they get blamed for not being able to reduce the crime.

Criminals don't get much incentive to stop, crime does pay there. If the choice is living on the street and begging, or stealing to get enough to eat and the "punishment" is that you go to a nice warm prison with free food and roof over your head, it's not hard to see why people turn to crime.

There is also a lot of corruption, though, but usually only at higher levels, in my limited knowledge. My brother has worked as a police reservist in the Gauteng area.

SA needs the Scorpions reinstated and given freedom to investigate anyone again. It's very telling that Zuma got them disbanded when they were investigating him. He's really bad for the country and I wish more people would understand that. Hoping that Mandela being in the public conciousness again makes people compare him to Zuma and wake up. SA needs better leadership, who can start to fix the education and justice systems properly.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."

"No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated."

"Unlike some politicians, I can admit to a mistake."

"Let there be justice for all. Let there be peace for all. Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the soul have been freed to fulfill themselves."

- Nelson Mandela

Sorry for the wall of text, but I feel quite strongly about this subject.

I find the same here in Finland. You do get the odd rebelious "youth" badmouthing them, but it's rare, and usually for no reason other than being "badass".
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 05:53:39 »

In general I think we've got a decent police force here, there doesn't seem to be any major problems with the system, but there will always be bad apples. I have heard stories of cops who really shouldn't be working with people(power trippin' yo), but I still think that we've got a decent force overall and that most cops here are doing their best to keep people safe.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 18:41:43 »

I somewhat agree with this. Cops get a bad rap (and this is coming from an ex-dealer.) 80% of the time if a cop stops you on the street or pulls you over they have some reason or report information as to why they did so. At least in America. Yes there are dirty cops all over the world but they certainly aren't the majority, they are just the ones that make the news.

if a "good cop" doesn't report his fellow officers, he's lumped in with them as a bad cop.

anyway, behold more racist pedophile cops

http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/29/judge-hands-down-unbelievably-lenient-sentence-for-cop-who-fingered-suspects-anuses/

also, lets not forget these corrupt judges and police unions that protect them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 December 2013, 18:43:45 by demik »

Offline iri

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 01:43:30 »
TWO YEARS IN JAIL FOR 25 ANUSES?!

-Ray Bradbury