Author Topic: What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?  (Read 32615 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What was in your Jul 2013 SP Crap Bag?
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:47:18 »
Well, my crap bag finally arrived today, complete with an extra customs fee of $7 tax and $12 handling.... Ah well, lets hope the bag paid off...

Yeah, I'm pretty damn happy. I was primarily hoping for some good modifiers, a stepped caps lock, some nice novelty stuff, some DSA, some blanks. Mostly not interested in selling any, but if you urgently desperately need something here else suffer major keyboard-fail, I may be persuaded to trade. Colours look way better than these potato pictures suggest :) Here we go.

(Attachment Link)
Got 2 yellow hapsters, a mystery key, a spanner, an FB1 key that shall from now on be the FBI key, and some pretty good wordy ones, and a good spread of colours. Launch, purple and grey OOPS!, Inter-cep-tion,

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
All the modifiers I got, some good ones I think, lots of stepped keys, and again a good spread of colours, also a few clears, even a clear stepped caps lock (that doesn't show up so well), and a couple of dark blue enters that I rather like.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Far variety of blanks, a lot of top row cherry profile to play with, quite a few retro blanks, 30 or so.

And heres the rest, some from various sets, some retro , a few SA blanks and others, three ALPs, a couple of long step oddballs, a bit of White on black, a bit of mostly DSA numpad keys, and a few weird errors.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Damn man, you friggin scored in just that first pic alone! Two hapsters, a green awesome face (forgot this one's name), a zoidberg, mystery cap, and that help key was pretty classy as well. Someone's got some serious luck!

I want to see the board that 'F81' came from :o

Where's the F81 key? :eek:

First picture bottom left, blueish.....perhaps it says something else but 'F81' sounded the best

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:53:50 »

Damn man, you friggin scored in just that first pic alone! Two hapsters, a green awesome face (forgot this one's name), a zoidberg, mystery cap, and that help key was pretty classy as well. Someone's got some serious luck!

The Help is missing the centre of the e, and the green Awesome face has an error too, looks like hes got a line in his mouth. But these are minor quirks and I rather like them. Pressing Size 3 does not magically let you fit into a dress that size, sorry ladies.

FB1, its actually quite a strong turquoise, doesn't show up that well. the A7s Erase,one that says 'Swaß' (Insults pirates when pressed?) and the others are the same colour
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:57:46 »

The Help is missing the centre of the e, and the green Awesome face has an error too, looks like hes got a line in his mouth. But these are minor quirks and I rather like them. Pressing Size 3 does not magically let you fit into a dress that size, sorry ladies.

FB1, its actually quite a strong turquoise, doesn't show up that well. the A7s Erase,one that says 'Swaß' (Insults pirates when pressed?) and the others are the same colour

I think the error one's are some of the best!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:04:20 »
What are the white ones with the slit in between in the first pic.

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:08:36 »

The arrow,  the three black dots, and the three lines all seem to be part of the same set, they are all slightly raised up. Most crap bags got a few of them.

31905-0

And heres another bad FB1 shot.

31907-1
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:11:54 »

The arrow,  the three black dots, and the three lines all seem to be part of the same set, they are all slightly raised up. Most crap bags got a few of them.

(Attachment Link)

And heres another bad FB1 shot.

(Attachment Link)

I'm still calling it 'F81' haha ;)

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:13:47 »

Yeah, I would just need F13-80 and a few past 81 for my 202 key IBM keyboard :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 15:10:15 »
That was a nice get, RabRhee!  One of the better collections :)

Out of all the bags cataloged so far, I think there were only a couple that were all crap (although even that is subject to what other people want from the collections) - say, a couple of bags with no sought-after novelty keycaps.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:58:37 »
Anyone got any numpad keys for the CCNG set? I just need two for a 65% design, any of the numbers from 1-3 or the delete key next to the 0 key and any of 4-6 keys.

Here is what I got in mine

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 11:05:42 »
Rain drop

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 12:02:14 »
Anyone got any numpad keys for the CCNG set? I just need two for a 65% design, any of the numbers from 1-3 or the delete key next to the 0 key and any of 4-6 keys.

Can I buy the Numpad 4 & Delete keys please?

EDIT: And a RainDrop GH key maybe :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2013, 12:11:27 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 13:30:16 »

Can I buy the Numpad 4 & Delete keys please?

EDIT: And a RainDrop GH key maybe :P

Sure! Shoot me a PM!

Offline stancato9

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 06:17:12 »
Please post pictures here of what you got in your July 2013 SP Crap Bag.

:eek:
 :))
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #163 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:04:55 »
It's taken a while (I was not allowed to open the box until we had more or less moved into the new house).

Sorted them into colours today, as the lease on the only available space expired when dinner was nearly ready, so we just sorted them into colours for now.

Im summary, mainly white on black DS or other blank blacks, lotsa whites with various colour legends (including a smattering of raindrop and one or two CCnG), a few of each other colour (including only two pink, which is a shame as I was going to give all the pink ones to my daughter), a few random ones that are not Cherry MX, three transparent, a few aqua, a few from the Turtle Power set, the eagle-eyed viewers might notice two (2) Hapsters, half a dozen from the Coffee set, a random assortment of retro DSA (including a few partially formed "geekhack" keys and a complete WASD, and five space bars (including two red DSA).

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 06:54:07 »
Two hapsters! I'm jealous!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:06:47 »

Basically I paid about $30 each for them.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:13:07 »
It's taken a while (I was not allowed to open the box until we had more or less moved into the new house).

Sorted them into colours today, as the lease on the only available space expired when dinner was nearly ready, so we just sorted them into colours for now.

Im summary, mainly white on black DS or other blank blacks, lotsa whites with various colour legends (including a smattering of raindrop and one or two CCnG), a few of each other colour (including only two pink, which is a shame as I was going to give all the pink ones to my daughter), a few random ones that are not Cherry MX, three transparent, a few aqua, a few from the Turtle Power set, the eagle-eyed viewers might notice two (2) Hapsters, half a dozen from the Coffee set, a random assortment of retro DSA (including a few partially formed "geekhack" keys and a complete WASD, and five space bars (including two red DSA).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

theflyingracoon is looking for those 1x blank DSA browns

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 07:13:45 »

I refreshed the sp store page for weeks waiting to buy one but had a heart attack at the cost + shipping to Australia. Still, I'll probably get one next time around just for the fun of it.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline RabRhee

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:00:12 »
Grats on the hapster pair, most got one or none. My personal favourite of yours is the orange one at the top of this picture that looks like a cat with it's tail upwards (or maybe a swan?) :) The camera and folder ones are not bad too, look non MX though.

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:02:45 by RabRhee »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #169 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:11:06 »
Grats on the hapster pair, most got one or none. My personal favourite of yours is the orange one at the top of this picture that looks like a cat with it's tail upwards (or maybe a swan?) :) The camera and folder ones are not bad too, look non MX though.

(Attachment Link)

I'm guessing the camera and folder are Alps or ML

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 11:34:50 »

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What length are those spacebars?

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 00:56:53 »
Still pretty bummed out that I missed this. Is July the only run of crap bags that they do? Also, how much do they cost?

Offline Amble

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 01:28:08 »
Still pretty bummed out that I missed this. Is July the only run of crap bags that they do? Also, how much do they cost?

Probably will have one in December if past history tells us anything. They cost way too much and it is better to buy from people willing to sell some of theirs imo.  Unless you are going for the unicorn vomit look.

Where are you sellers at?
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 September 2013, 01:45:22 by Amble »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 03:41:55 »
Anyone get interesting mana bottles?
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 06:38:31 »

I refreshed the sp store page for weeks waiting to buy one but had a heart attack at the cost + shipping to Australia. Still, I'll probably get one next time around just for the fun of it.

I skipped end of last year, but thought I'd take a gamble this time.  Two Hapsters, one WoB Awesome Face, a few other odd or unusual ones, and 98% crap - was it worth it?  You decide.  Will I buy again?  Maybe, depends on finance next time they come around.

(Attachment Link)

Definitely not MX.  Pics later as it is late now and I have work tomorrow.  Still haven't unpacked.

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What length are those spacebars?

Haven't measured them yet.  They seem about the same size as QFR so I'd say 6.25x.

Last one was end of last year.  I was too new around here middle of least year to take much notice.  Mine cost US$66.25 shipped to Australia.
Anyone get interesting mana bottles?

I got no mana bottles.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 05:39:28 »
Nice Thread! Thx!   In the Crab Bags, bunch of Crabs  :mad:
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 October 2013, 07:13:41 by sprit »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 10 October 2013, 23:48:12 »
Nice Thread! Thx!   In the Crab Bags, bunch of Crabs  :mad:

You're welcome :)

It's nice to see what people got this time around - it might help someone decide next time whether to get a Crap Bag or not.

For me - I'm still undecided whether to get another one.  Yes I got two Hapsters and a few other interesting key caps, but on the other hand most of it is unusable.  And factor in the shipping cost to Australia and, well ...

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #177 on: Fri, 11 October 2013, 00:07:26 »
For my eyes it looked like FBI, I threw it away.    :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2013, 05:45:52 by sprit »