Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474239 times)

Offline actionbastard

Re: Tai Hao 104 Coloured DS Key Caps Set Group Buy - $8/set
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 14:05:03 »
Awesome! In for 3.

Edit : Can you change my order to 1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Red?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 June 2013, 15:08:58 by actionbastard »
XArmor U9BL-S | Ducky DK9008G2 PRO | ErgoDox (soon)

Offline tgujay

« Reply #651 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 15:09:39 »
Did the counter for Red stop at 500 or do we really have exactly 500?
Gotta collect them all

Offline elton5354

« Reply #652 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 15:26:42 »
Did the counter for Red stop at 500 or do we really have exactly 500?

I just didn't update the OP yet.

Awesome! In for 3.

Edit : Can you change my order to 1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Red?

Thanks.

Ok

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #653 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 22:45:37 »
yellow and blue color is still 323 sets, so sad , zzzzzzzzz  :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #654 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 22:49:01 »
Yellow and green are still thusly.

Blue is second with 449 - nearly at MOQ.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #655 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 22:49:14 »

Yellow is really the only one I care about too.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #656 on: Wed, 19 June 2013, 23:51:24 »

Yellow is really the only one I care about too.

Good man - we need a few more like you :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline elton5354

« Reply #657 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:09:09 »
I might as well open up a GB for SP space bars if there are enough interests.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #658 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:17:38 »

+1

What is the expected price for these space bars?  Most of those in this GB will probably need to add that to the expected cost for the number of sets they have ordered of Tai Hao sets.

Also is there any decision on whether to add the $1 for the extra caps to this set?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #659 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:20:39 »
Yeah, I think I will add the extra $1 since there have been orders regardless of it.  Unless they skipped that part and didn't read it.. I haven't had any messages regarding that as well..except a couple when I first mentioned it..

So I have to confirm with the colour guys..

Red - RBV
Green - VV
Yellow - YCF
Blue - BFK

Let me know.

Offline jabar

« Reply #660 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:24:24 »
A slightly different spacebar color will be much more off-putting than a normal white or black spacebar from SP.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #661 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:24:42 »
Yeah, I think I will add the extra $1 since there have been orders regardless of it.  Unless they skipped that part and didn't read it.. I haven't had any messages regarding that as well..except a couple when I first mentioned it..

Red - RBV
Green - VV
Yellow - YCF
Blue - BFK

Let me know.

I'll probably end up dropping a set if that dollar gets added.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #662 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:29:42 »
A slightly different spacebar color will be much more off-putting than a normal white or black spacebar from SP.

I'll add black and white space bars as well to the list

I'll probably end up dropping a set if that dollar gets added.

That's unfortunate. Probably will be more drops if I had to guess..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #663 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:36:27 »

Red - RBV
Green - VV
Yellow - YCF
Blue - BFK

Let me know.

If you still have the SP colour thingies, is it possible for you to put one or two of the sample Tai Hao key caps onto each respective SP colour thingies and take a photo, so we can see exactly how close the matches are?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #664 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:38:07 »

If you still have the SP colour thingies, is it possible for you to put one or two of the sample Tai Hao key caps onto each respective SP colour thingies and take a photo, so we can see exactly how close the matches are?

Yeah for sure.  I'll do it tomorrow when there is sunlight.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #665 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:47:44 »
That's unfortunate. Probably will be more drops if I had to guess..

Most likely.  If the addition was for something to help out a majority of people out there, like a more common space bar size, I'm sure people wouldn't object, but that set really is helping a minority of people.  Depending on how many sets people are ordering, that dollar could add up to half a set or a full set.  It also adds to the shipping weight which will drive up prices more than $1 since that's being distributed between the orders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #666 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 00:53:34 »
Most people are probable ordering a maximum of 10 sets (e.g. 2 of each colour).

At an extra dollar per set that would take the total from $80 to $90 - which is still unbeatable value for 10 complete keycap sets (minus space bars).  If you add, say, another dollar for space bars, that would be a round $10 per set - still a considerable bargain.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #667 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 01:27:27 »
Most people are probable ordering a maximum of 10 sets (e.g. 2 of each colour).
Funny you should say that--I guess I just ordered the max,  then. 2 of each should keep me customizing Cherry MX boards for the foreseeable future!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #668 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 01:32:55 »
It's not necessarily the max, just a general feeling from lurking around this thread for a while.

Nothing to stop you from ordering another couple of sets of yellow, if you want ;)

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #669 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 02:00:31 »
why do you not produce   6.25x spacebar ???????

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #670 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 02:28:01 »

I'd buy one for each of my 7 sets.

As mentioned in the thread the colors probably won't match 100%.

I think a pure white spacebar that closely matches the white legends would look best. Is it set in stone that you will use SP spacebars? I mean the profile won't match and it might look weird. I know you mentioned before that WASD won't offer discounts, but I think their white spacebar would look good with all the sets and will have the same profile.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #671 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 03:10:59 »

I think a pure white spacebar that closely matches the white legends would look best. Is it set in stone that you will use SP spacebars? I mean the profile won't match and it might look weird. I know you mentioned before that WASD won't offer discounts, but I think their white spacebar would look good with all the sets and will have the same profile.

Yeah I can't really understand getting a "close" match with colour and no match at all with profile... I'd also prefer a couple of black WASD spacebars, because the profile at least will be correct and the black will be very close if not perfect.

Furthermore, I can't imagine a whole lot of folks decking out an entire keyboard with just one colour caps... I would've thought they'd be used for modifiers / numbers / arrows / only alpha / everything but alpha / etc, so in most cases it would be possible to get away with a black or white spacebar. But maybe that's just me...
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #672 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 04:48:33 »

Yeah I can't really understand getting a "close" match with colour and no match at all with profile... I'd also prefer a couple of black WASD spacebars, because the profile at least will be correct and the black will be very close if not perfect.

Furthermore, I can't imagine a whole lot of folks decking out an entire keyboard with just one colour caps... I would've thought they'd be used for modifiers / numbers / arrows / only alpha / everything but alpha / etc, so in most cases it would be possible to get away with a black or white spacebar. But maybe that's just me...

I suspect a lot of people are planning to mix and match the Tai Hao sets.  I know I am!  Blue and yellow would go well together.  And yellow and green.  Red and yellow for a Macdonalds look?  Blue and green for that special Christmas theme?

In those situations if the space bar was about the same colour, it would look fine.

The WASD colours are also very pale compared to those in the Tai Hao pictures.

Even a slightly different colour space bar stands out, as does one of a different profile.

I guess it is up to people to decide whether they prefer about the same colour but a different profile, or a noticably different colour but about the same profile.

« Reply #673 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 05:03:53 »

I suspect a lot of people are planning to mix and match the Tai Hao sets.  I know I am!  Blue and yellow would go well together.  And yellow and green.  Red and yellow for a Macdonalds look?  Blue and green for that special Christmas theme?

In those situations if the space bar was about the same colour, it would look fine.

The WASD colours are also very pale compared to those in the Tai Hao pictures.

Even a slightly different colour space bar stands out, as does one of a different profile.

I guess it is up to people to decide whether they prefer about the same colour but a different profile, or a noticably different colour but about the same profile.

True, hadn't thought of that.  Obviously there's not going to be a GB for WASD spacebars but that's what I'll be doing lol.

And btw Elton, I'm happy to pay the extra $1 per set, it's going to push the order over $100 I think but still... bargain! And you never know when a few blank keys might come in handy  :)
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #674 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 05:37:34 »
I have no problem with the extra buck for the 1.25x modifiers, also will take part in the SP spacebars if it starts.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #675 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 05:45:55 »
I have no problem with the extra buck for the 1.25x modifiers, also will take part in the SP spacebars if it starts.

Actually the extra $1 will be for 1.5x modifiers and 1x modifiers.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #676 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 07:27:25 »
why do you not produce   6.25x spacebar ???????

Read the thread before posting.
Gotta collect them all

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 08:55:02 »

My bad. Point is, even for $1 extra for something I have no idea about, this is a great buy.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #678 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 08:58:57 »
Yeah, I don't really want to do another GB...ok forget about the SP space bar then! :D

Offline tgujay

« Reply #679 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 09:05:06 »

My bad. Point is, even for $1 extra for something I have no idea about, this is a great buy.

1.5x mods are for boards without Windows keys.
Gotta collect them all

Offline tgujay

« Reply #680 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 09:05:58 »
Yeah, I don't really want to do another GB...ok forget about the SP space bar then! :D

I'm just going to buy my spacebard afterwards on WASD, unlike some on here I really don't care if the color isn't a perfect match, I actually think it will look pretty cool.
Gotta collect them all

Offline oppz197

• Hai there
« Reply #681 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 10:29:08 »
so its 8$ for 104 keys? Where in toronto?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #682 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 10:47:32 »
Nothing to stop you from ordering another couple of sets of yellow, if you want ;)
Sorry to say,  but yellow is my least wanted,  since I'm afraid the legends will blend in too much,  but I went ahead and ordered two for the team!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #683 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 13:40:21 »

Going to be $9 per set now for the extra 6 keys. So 110 key caps for $9.

I'm located downtown Toronto.  I am going to set a date and time for GTA members to pick up at Pacific Mall.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Tai Hao 104 Coloured DS Key Caps Set Group Buy - $9/set
« Reply #684 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 15:10:55 »
Sorry to say,  but yellow is my least wanted,  since I'm afraid the legends will blend in too much,  but I went ahead and ordered two for the team!

That's ok :)  There have to be a few non-believers out there to balance the rest of us lunatics :p :))

Thank you for supporting team yellow! :blank:

Fine by me :)

Offline vnaut

« Reply #685 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 18:41:31 »
Will the GB be extended? We've reached the red quote but I do vaguely remember Elton mentioning that the GB would only go a month.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #686 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 19:11:01 »
Will the GB be extended? We've reached the red quote but I do vaguely remember Elton mentioning that the GB would only go a month.

I imagine this will keep going for a little while to see if any colours other than red will meet MOQ.

Offline oppz197

• Hai there
« Reply #687 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 20:35:09 »

I'm located downtown Toronto.  I am going to set a date and time for GTA members to pick up at Pacific Mall.
Can i pay when i pick em up too young for a paypal accout

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #688 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 20:44:54 »

How old do you have to be to have PayPal?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #689 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 20:46:46 »
I think you need to be 18 years old.  PayPal needs your CC and bank account.

EDIT:
Actually you can open one up at the age of 13 with your parents..

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/student-accounts
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 June 2013, 20:48:35 by elton5354 »

Offline oppz197

• Hai there
« Reply #690 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 21:13:27 »
My parent would 100% not let me to do that. They think im crazy and gonna do drugs or something with a paypal account  :eek:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #691 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 21:18:24 »
k gimme some blue son.
I love Elzy

Offline tgujay

« Reply #692 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 21:27:21 »

How old do you have to be to have PayPal?

We're grabbing click clackers young now ray, converting them at a young age only helps our cause.
Gotta collect them all

Offline AcidFire

• Axios - The Open Source Modular Ergonomic Keyboard
« Reply #693 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 22:58:38 »
can you bump me up to 4x blue and 4x black?
Thinking on it, throw 2x yellow in that mix for me as well. I believe that should put me at 10 sets.

« Reply #694 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 23:06:14 »
Okay lads, one more push for home.

Everyone that said they were waiting to see if the extra keys would be in or out for the extra dollar, they're in, so start placing orders.

Anyone who wants to be a ***** and not pay $1 extra...

You'll be getting 110 keycaps (or keyfaps as I originally typed lol) for $9. That's 8.18 (recurring) cents per keycap. CENTS PEOPLE.

Seriously, there probably isn't a better use of ~8.2 cents in existance. You cannot buy anything as useful and/or as cool as a doubleshot keycap for ~8.2 cents these days.

BUY MOAR!!!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #695 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 01:02:05 »
can you bump me up to 4x blue and 4x black?
Thinking on it, throw 2x yellow in that mix for me as well. I believe that should put me at 10 sets.

Done!

Okay lads, one more push for home.

Everyone that said they were waiting to see if the extra keys would be in or out for the extra dollar, they're in, so start placing orders.

Anyone who wants to be a ***** and not pay $1 extra...

You'll be getting 110 keycaps (or keyfaps as I originally typed lol) for $9. That's 8.18 (recurring) cents per keycap. CENTS PEOPLE.

Seriously, there probably isn't a better use of ~8.2 cents in existance. You cannot buy anything as useful and/or as cool as a doubleshot keycap for ~8.2 cents these days.

BUY MOAR!!!

I couldn't have said it any better. Nicely said!  :D

Offline dko2o

« Reply #696 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 02:54:01 »
so we cant chose whether we want to add those keys for $1 or not? Also becoz there blank i don't think i have a use for them. all the 1.5 are going to be blank right?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #697 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 10:55:55 »
so we cant chose whether we want to add those keys for $1 or not? Also becoz there blank i don't think i have a use for them. all the 1.5 are going to be blank right?

We can't because these need the same 500 MOQ, so it's either in or out and I chose them to be in. They are blanks.

Offline serrin

« Reply #698 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 01:57:06 »
Can you change my order to:
Red x 2
Blue x 2
Black x 1
Yellow x 1
Green x 1

Let's hit those minimum buys!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #699 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 02:54:20 »
To show my support for yellow, please add two (2) more yellow sets to my order :)

Thank you.