Author Topic: [IC] GMK Carbon  (Read 335358 times)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: [IC] GMK Carbon
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:09:51 »
I got the first set of GMK Carbon.

140423-0

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:22:26 »
I got the first set of GMK Carbon.

(Attachment Link)

that is ****ing sharp/clean

can you put it on a poker?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:24:46 by kenmai9 »

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #502 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:27:28 »
Mine came in today too

Hi :)

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:51:38 »
Mine came in today too

Show Image

*single tear rolls down cheek*

yup das it
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:51:47 »
Nice try guys but the colors are far too off :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 23:56:45 »
Nice try guys but the colors are far too off :)

im dum

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:24:01 »
What are you talking about. It looks identical to your render. This set has already been made  :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #507 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:35:43 »

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:48:40 »
fix'd :)

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:50:55 »
this might cost more than skidata

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 00:53:13 »
Hi :)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #511 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 01:48:32 »
That's just savage!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 02:09:56 »
BRUTAL SAVAGE REKT!

but im still want carbon too. cant get enough orange in my laifu.  :p

Offline Gatix

• #!/bin/sh
  • console.log
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 02:52:17 »
Very sharp!

Will there be an ergodox kit just like in Carbon SA?

Offline Deeree1867

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 03:56:15 »
I really can't wait for this

Offline salasource

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:11:38 »
Looks really nice. Any chance for an ISO DE Version?

What would be the demand for such a set? What other keys do you need to cover that layout? What would be the extra cost involved? When you figured that out, you may arise to the very same conclusion of most of the group buys for the last few years at GH: There is no enough demand to justify the extra costs for set with small demand. That is the main reason why must of the sets are focused on ANSI US.
It's a sad situation. 25 up to 50 nordic-de kits may be very realistic if the set is highly attractive as this one.
Granite r4 sold 77 international kits
Pulse r2 sold 69 international kits
Nantucket Selectric sold 23 international kits (still made it, even though the price was $55 for the kit)
Mito Overcast has sold 20 so far (4 days to go)
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:13:32 by salasource »

Offline jigg4

« Reply #516 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:28:11 »

What would be the demand for such a set? What other keys do you need to cover that layout? What would be the extra cost involved? When you figured that out, you may arise to the very same conclusion of most of the group buys for the last few years at GH: There is no enough demand to justify the extra costs for set with small demand. That is the main reason why must of the sets are focused on ANSI US.
It's a sad situation. 25 up to 50 nordic-de kits may be very realistic if the set is highly attractive as this one.
Nantucket Selectric sold 23 international kits (still made it, even though the price was $55 for the kit)
Yes it is...  This is why I'm currently considering to switch to the ANSI layout while still using ISO-DE as the system language. As far as I know the major down side of this would be the missing  >< Button. Unfortunately I need this one quite often as a developer. Guess I will either have to deal with the button beeing on an FN layer or stay with ISO-DE...

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:31:53 »

Yes it is...  This is why I'm currently considering to switch to the ANSI layout while still using ISO-DE as the system language. As far as I know the major down side of this would be the missing  >< Button. Unfortunately I need this one quite often as a developer. Guess I will either have to deal with the button beeing on an FN layer or stay with ISO-DE...
Couldn't you just go ANSI with a split left shift?

Offline jigg4

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 06:43:07 »
Sounds like a good idea. I'm fairly new to this community and actually never bought key caps (just building my first 60%), so maybe you can clarify a bit: with a split shift I would need a shorter shift key cap and another keycap for the button. The keycap for this button (for me it does not have to be printed with the >< symbols) must have the same profile as the others on this row. If this is correct, I have no idea whether this keycap set or the others would support this?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:02:14 »
Has anyone tested out the light bleed on the new improved plastic?

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:21:21 »

I wouldn't recommend sticking to iso-de as system language when using an ansi layout tbh.

Have you considered just switching to us intl?
I'm from Germany and was used to iso-de, and us-intl was not just easy to adapt to, but even far superior imo.

Stuff like slash, brackets etc is far easier to reach and not cramped on a function layer for example which makes a huge difference for coding, and shortcuts in Adobe software suddenly make that much more sense since they probably were designed with us layout in mind.

I would suggest giving us-intl a chance.
I know it might be hard to let go, but the advantages make up for it imo.

Offline jigg4

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 07:36:35 »
I would like to try out the "full switch", but we do not have admin rights on our notebooks at work, which makes the switch impossible.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 09:08:39 »
Has anyone tested out the light bleed on the new improved plastic?

Yes I have with skidata and it is very good.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 19:02:06 »
those fake carbon made me feel much better after I missed the skidata.

because if I got the skidata so many keycaps would get wasted to made it look like carbon.

I need the carbon to heal me right now because I'm so much pain from Skidata markup </3

now, if I paid 300$ I can get 2 sets of GMK Carbon instead of Skidata base set and color pack and no keycap would get wasted as well.

Thanks for made it happen <3
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 19:04:35 by oatmicro »

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 19:11:41 »

because if I got the skidata so many keycaps would get wasted to made it look like carbon.

I need the carbon to heal me right now because I'm so much pain form Skidata markup </3

now, if I paid 300$ I can get 2 sets of GMK Carbon instead of Skidata base set and color pack and no keycap would get wasted as well.

I honestly don't think you got the right idea. Carbon with the custom colour MOQ might make it more expensive than Skidata, and there's no way you will be getting "two sets" for the price of one, as SKIDATA+ was originally priced at cost (during the GB).

I'm posting with the intents of stopping misinformation from happening, so I will be objective with what I have to say.

Also, I want to point out, custom colours may seem like a good idea for the sake of having a custom colour, but it will potentially be more risky to run due to the custom plastic compound mixture, which might not be as robust as the standard GMK colours which have undergone extensive testing and reformulation to prevent lightbleed and other issues.

I wish GMK Carbon success and have every intent as a GMK fan of wanting to see it succeed, but I must to point out that Skidata colours are literally the same as the mockups posted (90% or higher match), and that going with a custom GMK compound might end up becoming complete disaster.

Even if the orange wasn't so similarly matching, is there really a market or need for another Orange set?

Once again:

1) If you insist on using a custom colour, you have to understand the downsides of it.
The colour is not extensively tested by GMK and may have issues.
Some issues being lightbleed and swirls on the plastic:

Do you really want something that will turn out like that? Going with a custom colour will potentially look like that. It would be absolutely garbage.

2) If you do not go with a custom colour, then you literally have the same colours as Skidata+.
I don't think it's worthwhile to make such a similar set, as you can already find a used beige set and pair it up with Skidata+.

Just my thoughts on the options. Either way, I don't think enough research has been done by the OP, and your options aren't great. In fact, it is a really bad idea to go with custom colours, but if you go with the standard orange, then you will literally have Skidata+.

Just wanted to share my experience from all the research I have conducted, and hope this helps.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2016, 19:17:58 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #525 on: Wed, 22 June 2016, 19:56:36 »

I need the carbon to heal me right now because I'm so much pain form Skidata markup </3

I honestly don't think you got the right idea. Carbon with the custom colour MOQ might make it more expensive than Skidata, and there's no way you will be getting "two sets" for the price of one, as SKIDATA+ was originally priced at cost (during the GB).

I'm posting with the intents of stopping misinformation from happening, so I will be objective with what I have to say.

Also, I want to point out, custom colours may seem like a good idea for the sake of having a custom colour, but it will potentially be more risky to run due to the custom plastic compound mixture, which might not be as robust as the standard GMK colours which have undergone extensive testing and reformulation to prevent lightbleed and other issues.

I wish GMK Carbon success and have every intent as a GMK fan of wanting to see it succeed, but I must to point out that Skidata colours are literally the same as the mockups posted (90% or higher match), and that going with a custom GMK compound might end up becoming complete disaster.

Even if the orange wasn't so similarly matching, is there really a market or need for another Orange set?

Once again:

1) If you insist on using a custom colour, you have to understand the downsides of it.

Show Image

Do you really want something that will turn out like that? Going with a custom colour will potentially look like that. It would be absolutely garbage.

2) If you do not go with a custom colour, then you literally have the same colours as Skidata+.
I don't think it's worthwhile to make such a similar set, as you can already find a used beige set and pair it up with Skidata+.

Just my thoughts on the options. Either way, I don't think enough research has been done by the OP, and your options aren't great. In fact, it is a really bad idea to go with custom colours, but if you go with the standard orange, then you will literally have Skidata+.

Just wanted to share my experience from all the research I have conducted, and hope this helps.

hi, kind boy , calm down and take it easy. i always show my great respect to the great and hard work  you and your team have done on skidata。
however, custom legend and custom color as well good arrangement in lay-out and color -way is made by tombery and many kind boys who have proposed many ideas. ofcoure i agree with you on the risk of using custom colors. i think we should pay respect to the great work tombery have done on this GMK Carbon.
TA set has been launched by intelli78 (sorry for i could not remember his name exactly). Mr intelli78 has said TA will replicate the original TA as exactly as possible , so this set have been made using old moulds , causing crooked legend even some color of legend blending with bottom color and light-bleeding.Some flaws in TA will not appear in GMK Carbon due to old- moulds. meanwhile ,i agree with you on light-bleeding arising from new compound mixture. this has a possilbility of appearing on carbon.
Just my opinion of my own , not everyone, i don't like and use light on keyboard  , light-bleeding or not  are both ok for me . and light -bleeding doesn't mean low quality and only means :1, custom color plastic chosen, 2, formula for mixing the new color or custom color is not adequete. you have done a lot to help GMK to improve to re-formula the mixture.
Participating in your GB and tombery's is depending on everyone's choice,but we have no right to interfere with others choice . AS well, i appreciate your feel on not-so -good remarks on markup on skidata. but that doesn't ignore your great work on skidata.
Ofcouse , i thank you very much for putting forward the potential risk and believe tombery could figure it out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:56:54 by shower_king »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 00:26:41 »

Once again:

Show Image

Thanks for the input.

We will point out with GMK the importance of no lightbleeding. Even if we go for custom colors. Afaik GMK has reformulated every plastic color they have. Also GMK introduced new colors.

But either way if we go with available GMK colors, i dont think GMK Carbon is literally Skidata+. It has different colorway. It looks different.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #527 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:32:12 »
If it looks different how was I able to replicate it and dupe several members into actually thinking that I  had the keyset?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #528 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:35:47 »
And I don't mean to discredit your set. I think the color way is awesome. When I put it together on my board it looked great.

I just want people to be aware that this set is partially redundant and given the amount of GMK interest checks and current GMK group buys it may be better to rethink what exactly you want to accomplish with this set. Carbon already exists as SA , does it really need it's own GMK set?

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #529 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:40:25 »
And I don't mean to discredit your set. I think the color way is awesome. When I put it together on my board it looked great.

I just want people to be aware that this set is partially redundant and given the amount of GMK interest checks and current GMK group buys it may be better to rethink what exactly you want to accomplish with this set. Carbon already exists as SA , does it really need it's own GMK set?

While the set is fairly similar to Skidata in some ways, that doesn't mean this set can't or shouldn't be made. Same goes for if the set is already in SA. CLEARLY there is interest in this set in gmk so if you want it, but it. If you don't want it, don't buy it. There is absolutely no reason to come in here leave negative comments.

Offline Butter

« Reply #530 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:47:19 »

I don't like SA so having it made in GMK will be a dream come true.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #531 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:52:15 »

what do you mean by redundant?

the picture that you posted has like $300 worth of key cap sets , with  skidata base ($145), color pack ($68), and let's say that some beige alphas would cost about $90.
carbon is going to cost ~$150

Offline nugglets

« Reply #532 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 11:58:23 »

what do you mean by redundant?

the picture that you posted has like $300 worth of key cap sets , with  skidata base ($145), color pack ($68), and let's say that some beige alphas would cost about $90.
carbon is going to cost ~$150

And about 100 keys you would never use if you just wanted the Carbon look which, obviously, many of us do.

I'm not really into paying an extra $100+ for keys I won't use.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #533 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:15:40 »
Its disturbing to me, seeing how people suddenly seem to develop the need to bash on Carbon GMK tbh.

As far as I can tell, the set was very well received by the community, has been finalized (with loads of suggestion of the community taken in consideration) and seems to already be planned to go on MD.

Idk what peoples intentions might be, but from an outside perspective it seems like pure bashing on a successful project.
You can say you don't mean to discredit the set, but honestly thats what it feels like to me since I can't actually see any other purpose of doing so.

The comparison of Skidata and Carbon also seems rather random to me personally since as far as Im aware, Skidata doesn't even remotely have the same colored alphas as Carbon (or am I missing something here?).

The argumentation, Skidata + orange Modpack combined with GMK Beige alphas creates something similar to Carbon to me also seems lacking at best.
Would you also argue if you take the word Skidata rearrange the letters, take some away and add a few others its Carbon?!

You could argue the same way that combining Olivetti, Dolch, Dolch Color Pack some Cyan and Purple creates something remotely similar to Hyperfuse,
so Hyperfuse redundant right?

Even if you manage to put something together similar enough to be happy with, you still end up missing novelty (rather important to Carbon imo), different legends and potentially different colors.

If people don't see the need to get involved in a gb because they feel like they can already create something similar from their sets thats perfectly fine, but don't try to discredit a set because you personally don't see the need of owning one.

I see Carbon SA as an iconic set that very much deserves to be made in GMK.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:32:11 by FoC_Tow »

Offline blighty

« Reply #534 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 12:16:41 »
Even if this goes with the stock colours, Carbon will have text + symbols on the mods/enter key, so that will set it apart from Skidata+.  Also, assuming the tab key is shot properly, it won't look like originative's charred orange set either.  I'm curious to see how the market will react to this buy once it goes live. 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 13:03:30 »
If an iconic set is sought after in different profiles, why not deliver? Different strokes for different folks.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
[IC] GMK Carbon
« Reply #536 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 14:01:21 »
Woah guys, I never said that I don't want to see this set made or anything.

I specifically said that as a GMK fan, I definitely would love to see more sets happen, and wanted to offer my knowledge on potential flaws with custom colours.

Regardless, there's no doubt that colourwise (if you neglect legend styles), it is already possible to create this set with pre-existing keys and have a close colour match, but it is really up to the end user to decide on what they want to buy - this is really irrelevant to my post earlier, as I was focusing on the potential light bleed issues associated with custom colour mixtures.

Once again, I'm only posting to help, and hope that the production results will be great, as opposed to absolutely garbage when Triumph Adler was made.

Of course people are free to choose what they want to buy, and it is similar to Skidata, but my intentions are just to inform the OP about possible flaws with custom colours.

Just happy to discuss and offer my thoughts on GMK production and QC.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 14:38:08 »
In fact, it is a really bad idea to go with custom colours, but if you go with the standard orange, then you will literally have Skidata+.

You basically said don't make custom colors (it is a really bad idea) but if you don't go custom colors you have a set that was already made.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is that saying if not that the set shouldn't be made? Because you actually did say that it's not "worthwhile" to do so.

Not trying to argue, here, but those are your own words.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
[IC] GMK Carbon
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 15:09:32 »
In fact, it is a really bad idea to go with custom colours, but if you go with the standard orange, then you will literally have Skidata+.

You basically said don't make custom colors (it is a really bad idea) but if you don't go custom colors you have a set that was already made.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is that saying if not that the set shouldn't be made? Because you actually did say that it's not "worthwhile" to do so.

It's extremely difficult to run a GMK GB successfully and if it is possible to find a set that satisfies your needs already, then I would personally not go the length of a fully custom set. I am not against the above, but absolutely want to remind everyone that it isn't a short term or simple task.

Personally I'm just like OP and wanted to create my own custom set, which ended up being more work than I ever imagined, so I understand this better than anyone else.

It is more or less a personal sentiment on the responsibilities that come with it, and not a remark on OP's abilities. Then again, maybe it didn't need to be said. I know better than anyone the extent of responsibilities required to run a good GB, and that will require quite a bit of time and personal sacrifice of the OP to do so.

That said, I do fully support the production of this set so if he is committed enough, I don't see why it will be an issue.

It's just my personal thoughts on the topic, not really a statement to discourage anyone. In fact, I've said it many times that I wish GMK Carbon success and am sorry to see it being misinterpreted.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2016, 15:11:47 by Karura »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 16:21:07 »

It's extremely difficult to run a GMK GB successfully and if it is possible to find a set that satisfies your needs already, then I would personally not go the length of a fully custom set. I am not against the above, but absolutely want to remind everyone that it isn't a short term or simple task.

Personally I'm just like OP and wanted to create my own custom set, which ended up being more work than I ever imagined, so I understand this better than anyone else.

It is more or less a personal sentiment on the responsibilities that come with it, and not a remark on OP's abilities. Then again, maybe it didn't need to be said. I know better than anyone the extent of responsibilities required to run a good GB, and that will require quite a bit of time and personal sacrifice of the OP to do so.

That said, I do fully support the production of this set so if he is committed enough, I don't see why it will be an issue.

It's just my personal thoughts on the topic, not really a statement to discourage anyone. In fact, I've said it many times that I wish GMK Carbon success and am sorry to see it being misinterpreted.

Hey,

i share your concerns about the custom colors. I wrote already an detailed EMail to Christoph regarding the possible lightbleed. Yanbo will also speak with Christoph the next comming week. I think we will find a solution for it. This is in interesst of everyone (GMK, me, Massdrop and the buyers) that GMK Carbon has to be a flawless keyset. In the worst case scenario we can backup and take the original GMK colors. I hope this will not go that far.

By the way, you did far more then me in running SKIDATA+. As you know GMK Carbon will run through Massdrop, so i have never experienced the real headeck of a GB like you. In this regard you deserve the respect and i am happy i did participated in your GB.

Yes it needs it's own GMK set. There is a demand for it.
Wanna teach us about redundant things, or dictate us which keyset is allowed to be made?

Its disturbing to me, seeing how people suddenly seem to develop the need to bash on Carbon GMK tbh.

As far as I can tell, the set was very well received by the community, has been finalized (with loads of suggestion of the community taken in consideration) and seems to already be planned to go on MD.

Idk what peoples intentions might be, but from an outside perspective it seems like pure bashing on a successful project.
You can say you don't mean to discredit the set, but honestly thats what it feels like to me since I can't actually see any other purpose of doing so.

The comparison of Skidata and Carbon also seems rather random to me personally since as far as Im aware, Skidata doesn't even remotely have the same colored alphas as Carbon (or am I missing something here?).

The argumentation, Skidata + orange Modpack combined with GMK Beige alphas creates something similar to Carbon to me also seems lacking at best.
Would you also argue if you take the word Skidata rearrange the letters, take some away and add a few others its Carbon?!

You could argue the same way that combining Olivetti, Dolch, Dolch Color Pack some Cyan and Purple creates something remotely similar to Hyperfuse,
so Hyperfuse redundant right?

Even if you manage to put something together similar enough to be happy with, you still end up missing novelty (rather important to Carbon imo), different legends and potentially different colors.

If people don't see the need to get involved in a gb because they feel like they can already create something similar from their sets thats perfectly fine, but don't try to discredit a set because you personally don't see the need of owning one.

I see Carbon SA as an iconic set that very much deserves to be made in GMK.

Well said! I couldn't say/write up it better.  :thumb:

Offline need

« Reply #540 on: Fri, 24 June 2016, 08:11:01 »
Those discouraging comments are so annoying to read to say the least, their attitude really show their immaturity to a point of making me sick.

Who do you think you are compared to Tombery?
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 June 2016, 08:13:21 by need »

Offline jediofthecode

« Reply #541 on: Wed, 29 June 2016, 10:31:26 »
I for one am very excited for this set, and Cannot wait. I will be ordering 2!!
You do you homie!

Offline VereChi

« Reply #542 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 09:08:35 »
Is there any updates about the progress?
Can't wait to place orders on massdrop this month!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #543 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 11:56:49 »

The drop will start probably the week after next  :)

Offline lawnzie

« Reply #544 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 12:13:29 »

how long will it go on for?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #545 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 14:16:15 »
how long will it go on for?

Like all other Massdrop drops, GMK Carbon will be purchazable for two weeks.

Keep in mind there will be two drops: One for the base kit and second for its novelties.

Offline _joe_king

« Reply #546 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 14:34:38 »

Soooo excited!

Offline codywanks

« Reply #547 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 15:12:08 »
Keep in mind there will be two drops: One for the base kit and second for its novelties.

2 separate drops? Doesn't that mean paying double shipping?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 15:38:52 »
2 separate drops? Doesn't that mean paying double shipping?

My thoughts. It's logical if you purchase both base kit and novelties you have to pay shipping once. I'll speak to Massdrop about that. I am sure we'll find a solution for this.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #549 on: Sun, 03 July 2016, 19:57:21 »
looking forward to this.
any price drop if the base kit reach 250 even 500?