Author Topic: Hello from Brazil  (Read 1096 times)

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Hello from Brazil
« on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 09:01:39 »
Hi, my name is Woody and I'm an alcoholic.
8-))

I'm new in the GH forum but I do have some experience in the mechanical keyboard world. To be totally honest I've been a bit stingy until today, nevertheless I do live in a country where mechanical keyboards are really expensive.

I did say "some" because I'm 41 years old and until so far I was still using those china made rubber dome keyboards at home only because of their prices. I had the pleasure to use some IBM model m variants at work a few years ago and I remember that I used to love it ...

I'll not list my collection, nobody will get envy of a bunch of trashy keyboards (one retired ps2 model m 90, one dell and 5 ash trays).

My main interest right now is the GH60 and the GHPad projects. I do love the poker layout and I did already asked my wife's permission to engage into this new project (to my luck this project uses the atmega32u4 - it's a good excuse because she knows that I'm studying this uC). My procrastination project list is already huge but I do love the idea of building my own keyboard.

I've been reading the forum and I'm amazed to see the amount of crazy guys here projecting and building awesome keyboards!

thanks for the forum, thanks for the pictures.
Woody
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 February 2013, 23:33:44 by agodinhost »
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hello from Brazil
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 February 2013, 23:30:11 »
Welcome to Geekhack!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli