Author Topic: GMK Mini packs (completed)  (Read 178403 times)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
Re: GMK Mini packs
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 05:13:09 »
Ivan, I didn't read the thread and just made a new order for the space bars. Hope that is ok :|

Did you order something before? If yes, this was overwritten with your new order...

Yes, I had. So I lost my previous order?

Offline TDub

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 05:21:34 »
Random spacebars.... this is going to be fun  :cool:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 05:34:27 »
Ivan, I didn't read the thread and just made a new order for the space bars. Hope that is ok :|

Did you order something before? If yes, this was overwritten with your new order...

Yes, you lost your initial order. Just make another one with everything you want this time.

If you had read the thread you would have known that ;)

Any new order will replace older order.

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 05:36:38 »

Yes, you lost your initial order. Just make another one with everything you want this time.

If you had read the thread you would have known that ;)

Any new order will replace older order.

So sorry, I didn't read the thread :P

Thanks!

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:57:43 »
I want to call dibs on some spacebars!

If you get 7x black, Dolch dark and light grey, or beige, let me know, and I'll trade you one of mine for them. I won't really need 6.25x spacebars, so if you do want those, even better. Let the trading begin!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 10:59:16 »
If you haven't saved the URL of your original order to edit it just put in a complete new order.

thanks, updated order.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:29:01 »

If you get 7x black, Dolch dark and light grey, or beige, let me know, and I'll trade you one of mine for them. I won't really need 6.25x spacebars, so if you do want those, even better. Let the trading begin!

I ordered one set, I'll take your 6.25x, you can have my 7x spacebar, if Ivan can arrange this then great, although I do understand if it would be too much to ask.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:36:49 »

I ordered one set, I'll take your 6.25x, you can have my 7x spacebar, if Ivan can arrange this then great, although I do understand if it would be too much to ask.

He already said nope

Your order will be filled in random fashion and no color requests.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:40:10 »
No, I wouldn't ask that of him. We're all going to have to receive our orders and see what we get. For all I know, I might get the colors I'm looking for!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 12:41:36 »
No, I wouldn't ask that of him. We're all going to have to receive our orders and see what we get. For all I know, I might get the colors I'm looking for!

It's like playing the lotto, only you know your going to win something :D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:55:49 »
In an ideal world I would accommodate substitution requests, but it's a massive undertaking packing the orders and keeping things straight without making lot of errors. So far my packing error rate is quite low and I really strive to keep it that way. Keeping all items to be identical as described is an easy way to do this. After I sort all the appropriate keys into sets I can grab the set ordered and pack it without having to go oh... but exception XYZ.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 14:00:46 »
No problem Ivan, as I mentioned in my post, that would be upto you and I understand that it can be a very hard task.  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 20:45:56 »
Resubmitted my order. Looking forward to this random spacebar draw :D.

Offline tbc

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 22:36:08 »
if I made a mistake on my order and didn't provide a number for an international order, should I just resubmit?  even though I want to order the exact same thing.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 08:41:24 »
I'm not even sure why the phone is required for customs... it doesn't even appear on the labels.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 09:02:51 »
if I made a mistake on my order and didn't provide a number for an international order, should I just resubmit?  even though I want to order the exact same thing.

I just changed mine since I did the same thing.  :-[

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:35:13 »
Ordered. Please note my shipping address is correct, with the company name listed first.

Thanks! :thumb:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 11:54:43 »
I don't think it is required. When ordering a label on-line, this is what it says next to the phone number field:

"Phone number is requested when shipping with GXG [Global Expresss Guarantee] and recommended when shipping with Priority Mail Express International." 

Says nothing about First Class International.  When I've added it to my labels, it didn't show up on the printed label at all--maybe only when scanning the label with appropriate equipment, connected to the USPS database.  I've been shipping without a phone number just fine.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline V1ral

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 12:33:56 »
Do you have to fill out a customs form when you print labels online? When I went to the post office to mail a package overseas, I had to fill one of those out and a phone number or email address was required. The description for the field said something about using the information in case there was an issue passing customs.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #219 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:17:07 »
Did everyone already forget how much they liked the CMYK pack and Purple mod packs? Lots of people were kicking themselves for not ordering. Those people need to get in here and order because these are going to be just as good if not better.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:20:18 »
Well, at least it looks like there's a possibility to end up with spacebars... :/

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:25:30 »
Did everyone already forget how much they liked the CMYK pack and Purple mod packs? Lots of people were kicking themselves for not ordering. Those people need to get in here and order because these are going to be just as good if not better.

Listen to this man!!  :p

I was thinking the same thing - soooo many people punched themselves when the first pics came up in the media threads...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:36:27 »

Yes! I want to order a CMYK pack, please.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #223 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 14:39:03 »
Yes I have to file customs when do postage online. I use stamps.com and it tells me phone is a required field regardless of the mail class on international. In the past I just entered my own phone when I didn't have the recipients.

It could be a long time before any of these are repeated if ever... so ordering now would of course be wise.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 14:45:14 »
I had to enter my own number when sending to bunny recently. Sometimes I get asked for theirs and sometimes for mine.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 15:07:32 »
If you use USPS.com to create labels, it doesn't require a phone number for First Class International.  You do fill out a report of the contents and whether the package is a gift.  It's pretty simple, you just itemize the package with constituent names and brief description + value and approximate weight.  You get a shipping discount when you create labels on-line at USPS.com: any international mail or domestic mail that's Priority or faster.  It's why I haven't registered for Stamps.com to use cheaper 1st class shipping, since there's a subscription fee.  Most of the time it's cheaper/faster to ship domestic Priority mail, unless it's for small bubble mailers.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 15:41:01 »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:46:54 »
Ivan Dec 1 wont do the job, I think we need more time for this to happen. Are other websites aware of this GB?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:48:18 »

I was mostly replying to V1ral above.

Offline muad

« Reply #229 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 12:35:27 »
I linked this to reddit but there didn't seem to be much interest. Somehow Reddit thinks geekhack is the devil...

Ivan Dec 1 wont do the job, I think we need more time for this to happen. Are other websites aware of this GB?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 13:01:10 »
I'm sure 'Reddit' doesn't think that or even knows about GH.  But a small group of people in a certain subreddit might--whatever helps people feel superior ;)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 13:04:51 »
Has anyone posted this at OTD, KBDmania, etc? I don't have/can't seem to make account there and often I loose patience waiting for those sites to even load  :rolleyes: Due to the small number of Korean address on my form I will guess the answer is no... if not can someone do so please?

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 14:19:59 »
Has anyone posted this at OTD, KBDmania, etc? I don't have/can't seem to make account there and often I loose patience waiting for those sites to even load  :rolleyes: Due to the small number of Korean address on my form I will guess the answer is no... if not can someone do so please?

I'd be suprised if it wasn't already up at KBD, but i'll post it there for ya

Offline V1ral

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 12:24:39 »

I was mostly replying to V1ral above.

Sorry if I derailed the thread, I was curious if there really is a way around the "required" phone number. I don't ship things very often, and even less internationally.

Offline rao2100

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 22:25:14 »
Signed up.

Ivan, would it be possible to offer beige space bar to complement the PBT sets Sherry sold a while ago?

Thanks.
| KMAC LE Vintage Blues | LZ-S Ergo Clears | Filco TKL MJ2 Ninja Reds | CM QFR - Blues | IBM Model M SSK 1991 |

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 12:07:48 »
You can take a gamble and order the random spacebar... you could get a beige one. In any case you will have a spacebar to use with that BSP set.

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 13:50:10 »
Ordered.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 04:12:26 »
Let's just hope it can happen.
I am aiming for spacebars and Esc pack  :thumb:
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline mattics

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 02:34:57 »

Same for me! I had bigger plans and would love to support the numbers but unfortunately I can't justify the cash at the minute. Any idea what date you will be invoicing Ivan?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 03:29:48 »

Same for me! I had bigger plans and would love to support the numbers but unfortunately I can't justify the cash at the minute. Any idea what date you will be invoicing Ivan?

OP says orders close 1st December.

But the biggest two options are only half way to MOQ.

I might have seen a post earlier in the thread where it was indicated that ordering would be left open for a bit longer to reach MOQ.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 03:57:06 »
200 is a great number, just not great enough. I already ordered as many space bars as possible.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 08:02:10 »
200 is a great number, just not great enough. I already ordered as many space bars as possible.

Yeah 200 on any other GB would be seen as a big success but a fail on a GMK buy...

I don't get their reasoning behind such high MOQs - do they genuinely not make enough money with less than 400 orders to make it financially viable?  Or is it just that they can't be arsed to deal with "small" orders?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline sheknet

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 08:31:29 »

Yeah 200 on any other GB would be seen as a big success but a fail on a GMK buy...

I don't get their reasoning behind such high MOQs - do they genuinely not make enough money with less than 400 orders to make it financially viable?  Or is it just that they can't be arsed to deal with "small" orders?

Yes when compared to the other 3 sets, 200 is sooo marvelous already :\

Offline mattics

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 09:25:42 »

OP says orders close 1st December.

But the biggest two options are only half way to MOQ.

I might have seen a post earlier in the thread where it was indicated that ordering would be left open for a bit longer to reach MOQ.

I saw the 1st December but didn't know if Ivan was going to invoice on that day or a few days later. Either way I assume this is going to have to run a little longer to get more numbers, though I don't know if that is even possible :/

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #244 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 09:53:54 »
ordered!
-wd

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #245 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 12:01:55 »
1 December was cut off for production to happen before the holiday period. If it needs extended to reach the MOQ, then it does.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 06:28:23 »
Time for a bump, come on people!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 06:29:53 »
Sadly it doesn't seem like we can get MOQ on anything gmk :(

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 06:38:33 »

Well, with a little more time I think we can reach MOQ for the ESC pack and the spacebars.

But I agree, it's a little disappointing to always fight for those little packs and not even think about full sets :(

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #249 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 06:39:24 »

Yeah it sucks. Fingers crossed the Massdrop experiment solves that, if it goes smoothly maybe GMK will start to see some benefit in playing ball.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED