Author Topic: GMK Mini packs (completed)  (Read 178405 times)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: GMK Mini packs
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 07:07:35 »
maybe we should try to go with MassDrop
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 13:05:29 »
Sadly it doesn't seem like we can get MOQ on anything gmk :(

Yeah it sucks. Fingers crossed the Massdrop experiment solves that, if it goes smoothly maybe GMK will start to see some benefit in playing ball.

But wouldn't going through Massdrop just involve more people and thus make it easier to meet MOQ?

That would teach GMK nothing - just that MOQ will be met by the buyers in some way.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 01:33:17 »
Yeah it sucks. Fingers crossed the Massdrop experiment solves that, if it goes smoothly maybe GMK will start to see some benefit in playing ball.

What experiment is that?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline tbc

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 02:40:19 »
not understanding how this massdrop 'experiment' works.  Don't they keep a little money from each set?

is it one of those 'buy expensive or you don't get to buy at all' scenarios?  In effect, we'd each be paying a fee to use massdrop's advertising ability to make up the difference to reach MOQ?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 08:58:01 »
I don't get the MD hate. They help you teach better numbers, have better outreach and cheaper shipping. Yes they do charge a bir, but so do many GB organisers, I can understand it is not going to the "community", but MD is a business and needs to pay those labouring.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 10:38:25 »
I think maybe massdrop could help for full set... but these little things like this are too specialized and require you to already have other Cherry/GMK sets more or less. I don't know if people outside of keyboard enthusiast would 'get it'.
I accept the home/enter/space pack is a bit strange and might not have a big appeal, but I am very surprised there is so few orders on the Retro mods pack. I would have though people would be all over that to use with existing black on white sets and they are something different that has not really been done like that since mid 1980's.
It certainly does look like deadline extension will be a must for any hope. I also need to get some pictures of the actual keys colors up since I am sure that will help.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 November 2013, 10:39:56 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 11:46:56 »
I think maybe massdrop could help for full set... but these little things like this are too specialized and require you to already have other Cherry/GMK sets more or less. I don't know if people outside of keyboard enthusiast would 'get it'.
I accept the home/enter/space pack is a bit strange and might not have a big appeal, but I am very surprised there is so few orders on the Retro mods pack. I would have though people would be all over that to use with existing black on white sets and they are something different that has not really been done like that since mid 1980's.
It certainly does look like deadline extension will be a must for any hope. I also need to get some pictures of the actual keys colors up since I am sure that will help.

Didn't a previous round come with those rgb on white mods?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 12:13:08 »
I did something like it on first round dyesubs PBT sets. Not aware of any existing Cherry or GMK doubleshots done that way.

Offline sheknet

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 02:13:32 »
just re-submit to add some more spacebars

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #259 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 12:02:10 »
Four function rows, one space homeboy, one retro mod, and ten miscellaneous spaces... come'on the function rows!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 12:09:22 »

Looking at how many have been purchased clearly the space bars  are very sought after!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 13:00:12 »
I suppose lot of people want Cherry profile 6.25 space with center stem... since Cherry G80 6.25 have that all off center.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 November 2013, 13:01:44 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #262 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 13:38:18 »
yeah you cant have enough cherry spacebars, i need to add a bunch to my order as they werent an option when i placed my order
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 14:05:04 »
So this no longer closes on the 1st dec amirite? I'd like to order some spacebars. Just like to know how many colours are there, since it's random. Thanks in advance.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 14:51:33 »
Could be any of 23 stock colors, or any left over of other customer special order colors. Nothing has reached MOQ yet so I guess I will see what another month gets us to.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 14:58:07 »
* Dubsgalore rolls for salmon and teal 7x

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #266 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 15:02:30 »
Eraser pink and cyan are possibilities. Hopefully I can get my hands on a digital camera to do some pictures of my sample ring to post up in here soon.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 16:09:07 »
Could be any of 23 stock colors, or any left over of other customer special order colors. Nothing has reached MOQ yet so I guess I will see what another month gets us to.

Thanks for answering. I'll add order when I get back to my computer. :) cheers
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #268 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 16:34:24 »
Eraser pink and cyan are possibilities. Hopefully I can get my hands on a digital camera to do some pictures of my sample ring to post up in here soon.

Teal, cyan, or pink would be awesome.  Based on Sherry's photographs of GMK samples, there was a nice teal color.  I also love the turquoise that you used for the CMYK packs.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:34:41 »
I read one of Ivan's replies about the white in the mod pack being comparable to the white in your average BoW set, but what about the Black on White & Beige kit on Sherry's site... how close is this white to the white keys in that set? I.e. retro mods are Same shade / brighter / darker than Sherry's BoWandBeige?

And I'm also curious about the space bar pack: how many different colors are GMK going to include in this bag?
 - Many
 - A couple
 - One

??

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:37:23 »
I suppose lot of people want Cherry profile 6.25 space with center stem... since Cherry G80 6.25 have that all off center.

universal 6.25?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #271 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 15:07:14 »
Yes the GMK 6.25 have a center stem to fit on Filco, Ducky and etc.

Offline muad

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 20:10:42 »
I am prepared to wait 2+ years if it means the space homeboy will be produced! I have been wanting an orange esc for some time now.

EDIT: also if it doesn't happen maybe a green, blue, orange esc pack would do well ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 20:13:21 by muad »

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:26:43 »
Oh I want that space home boy too!!!!
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 21:57:45 »
yes, yes, more space home boy, people!!!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline daetsid

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 04:24:42 »
yes, yes, more space home boy, people!!!

+1 here

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 11:05:57 »
really really interested in that space homeboy, but will this GB happen? seems moq is impossible to reach :(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #277 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 11:11:02 »
We can only try to keep chipping away at the MOQ. Hopefully when I get pictures of the real key colors up it will help bring in more orders.

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #278 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 11:14:04 »
btw I'll order during next week, was long time in hospital and it takes some days (forgot to pay the bill in hospital :D) until I can log in my eMail- account -.-

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 16:29:11 »
btw I'll order during next week, was long time in hospital and it takes some days (forgot to pay the bill in hospital :D) until I can log in my eMail- account -.-

oreders are open for another month, don't worry.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #280 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 17:36:00 »
Finally got a picture of actual colors in OP.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 00:55:21 »
resubmitted  :)

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 00:56:36 »
Buy more function packs we need black and yellow

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 04:05:44 »
Ivan...If I order 23 packs of the random colors spacebars...does that mean I get 2 of each colour in 6.25* and 7* ?

Offline mickd

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:14:10 »
I can tell you now that that would likely not be the case. He is just going to pick them out randomly from a bag full of spacebars.

There could also be a lot of the same colours in the pack that Ivan receives, so certain colours maybe more likely than others.

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #285 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 05:42:07 »
I can tell you now that that would likely not be the case. He is just going to pick them out randomly from a bag full of spacebars.

There could also be a lot of the same colours in the pack that Ivan receives, so certain colours maybe more likely than others.

so essentially it's a spacebar crap bag.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 06:31:19 »

The spacebar colors will be chosen by GMK out of on hand plastic colors. I won't have any control over which colors and how many of each will be made. Your order will be filled in random fashion and no color requests.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #287 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 06:50:21 »

crap bag.

We don't use such words when referring to GMK caps around here sir! I challenge you to a duel!

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #288 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 06:55:49 »
so essentially it's a spacebar crap bag.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #289 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 10:51:00 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 11:02:01 »
It's not crap bag, it's simply mystery colors spacebars. Some real crap bags of over runs and production errors we might be able to get at some later time. I have been talking with GMK about it.

I was going to save it as a surprise... but I think we need some more motivations so... I will buy 400 'CODE' legend 1x1 row B keys if everything here makes the MOQ to give all the orders.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 December 2013, 11:04:50 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 11:21:12 »
:eek:  GMK crap bags would be awesome!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 12:10:20 »
Ivan...If I order 23 packs of the random colors spacebars...does that mean I get 2 of each colour in 6.25* and 7* ?
probably not, but you can trade it

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 12:37:41 »
It's not crap bag, it's simply mystery colors spacebars. Some real crap bags of over runs and production errors we might be able to get at some later time. I have been talking with GMK about it.

I was going to save it as a surprise... but I think we need some more motivations so... I will buy 400 'CODE' legend 1x1 row B keys if everything here makes the MOQ to give all the orders.

:eek:  We need to order more sets...

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 12:44:18 »
finally placed an order :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 13:08:04 »

Would that be ... green ... code ... keys ... ?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #296 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 13:27:21 »
Colors will be a surprise :D

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 13:32:50 »

hmmmmmm might need to add to my order then

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 13:38:15 »
The spacebar colors are awesome. Ordered more

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 13:46:03 »
Once again, there is no guarantee on the colors of spacebar. If you would be unhappy with the least favorite color... keep that in mind on how many you are ordering as you could get that many of those color.