Author Topic: [IC] F62+F77! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards  (Read 378985 times)

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
Yes here are two smaller case mockups from earlier in the thread.  I liked most the third rendering whose top case is bent to conform to the curved Model F inner plate.  The first two are designed in the more common custom keyboard look of extruded metal.

fanpeople if you want a keyboard delivered in April/May I suggest going with the regular design.  The other design is not likely to go into production soon.

Bevo, as I mentioned earlier I decided for the F62/F77 reproduction designs as the IBM SSK is readily available on eBay and often sells for well less than the production cost of a new run.  The F62/F77 are far less available - no 60% Model M or Model F is readily available anywhere.  Also the F77 layout is very close to an SSK layout, just without separate function keys (the function keys are built into the top row of keys on an F77).

125019-0
125021-1
125023-2

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ

Very interested in knowing if this resurrection of the Model-F is a triumph or another failure because trying to emulate their early designs isn't easy, maybe that is why all manufacturers didn't even try to build these switches once IBM dropped them, it's just way too complicated.

I think it's actually a combination of multiple factors: it's very expensive to build such durable keyboards (even IBM sought to cut costs with the Model M after just a few years); 95% of computer users are fine with crappy $10 keyboards they replace in two years; and manufacturers in our modern disposable age just don't want to sell something that will last for generations, taking away their own customer demand.

As an analogy, I recently bought a Gillette safety razor manufactured in the 1960s. It cost me about $50, and now for around $5-10 a year for replacement double sided blades, I'll continue getting the smoothest shaves of my life, indefinitely. The Model F is the Gillette Fat Boy of keyboards. It just takes a very discerning consumer to appreciate it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
The Model F is the Gillette Fat Boy of keyboards. It just takes a very discerning consumer to appreciate it.

Too right Techno, makes me want to take a ride on my Harley every time someone mentions "FAT BOY"  ;D .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I'd also be one of the one interested in the more traditional TKL layout.

The 77 is the closest you will get to a traditional TKL layout aside from the Xtant.

Yeah, the current design proposal is almost exactly a TKL and it's still usable compared to a "yuck" HHKB layout. 

Remember that Ellipse is trying to revive the original look of the Model-F and at that time there was NO Tenkeyless layouts available anywhere, it was just too early for that layout to appear just yet.

Happy he has tried to keep the original look of this type of keyboard rather than going out to make it look like another Kmac or Korean designed keyboard.  It has to look like an early AMERICAN designed keyboard to help remember that these guys had done a good thing when it came to making a brilliant quality input device, for the humble PC.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
I wish there were pics of some of the options like key layout, case color, etc.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Melvang - yes you can have an HHKB-type layout with the standard layout if you are willing to have the 1U key to the left of the caps lock style key in the right shift area.  The split right shift board alters both right shift barrel positions to allow the caps lock key to the left and the 1U Function key to the right in the right shift area.

I didn't realize there would be alternate layout options available.  Will the HHKB-type layout be available on the 77-key, or just the 62-key?

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
I'd probably be interested, but I'm not going to read this entire thread to be up to date, please someone, explain me what the final version will be like, what changes have been made and so on, Will the final keyboard look like the images on the first page, AKA like the original kishsaver? What's the current price for one, are there any shipping costs to worry about, what about import changes? Whats the layout gonna be like? Will be keyboard work right away or do you need some extra equipment like adapters or software for it to work. What colours and layouts/versions are gonna be available (apart from the F62 and F77).
What will the function-layer look like? Will there be custom keycaps available with the function-layer printed on them.

All this is quite in-transparent, please help me out.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Melvang - yes you can have an HHKB-type layout with the standard layout if you are willing to have the 1U key to the left of the caps lock style key in the right shift area.  The split right shift board alters both right shift barrel positions to allow the caps lock key to the left and the 1U Function key to the right in the right shift area.

I didn't realize there would be alternate layout options available.  Will the HHKB-type layout be available on the 77-key, or just the 62-key?

Both as far as I know.  The only difference between the HHKB and normal is the placement of the barrels on the left shift.  With normal, you can use the HHKB style split left shift but the keys will be swapped, HHKB fixes that, and the split backspace, but thats a 2 unit, so that is the same for both HHKB and normal.  The only difference there is in the caps which can be swapped on a whim provided you can swap the barrel stabilizer insert.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Ellipse

Success!  Success!  Success!

I just assembled the F62 prototype complete inner assembly and can confirm that this Model F redesign project is a success!  It truly deserves the Model F moniker.  We will be going forward with the group buy before month end.  I will definitely continue testing and making the final pre-production adjustments as the prototypes are not 100% (nor were they expected to be perfect!).  I have made and will keep making design adjustments even as small as 0.1 mm to make them good.

Keys buckle correctly and are recognized on the computer - the new capacitive flippers do their job just as well as the originals so far.  There are no ghost signals as of yet.  The keyboard sounds eerily similar to my little used, original refurbished 77 key 4704 with Ensolite foam (the project uses Neoprene/EDPM type foam from McMaster-Carr) - you can tell the difference between the two but it was a lot closer than expected.  Of course it does sound different from my worn out F's with degraded foam (the F77 original, and just about each Model F in my collection, sounds different from just about every other Model F!).  The keys are crisp and have a solid amount of musicality to them like the original 77 key 4704 - far from the point where it would annoy most people in my view (some F's have more musicality, some have less).

One interesting note is that the improved manufacturing processes and tolerances have allowed for a more consistent sound to each key - granted the keys do sound different from each other and still have a mildly musical quality to them, though they are less random in their sound.  These better tolerances also make for more consistent barrels.  In test measurements I have noticed very low sample to sample variation.

Also the final barrel molds were completed - these samples will be with the final barrel design.  Each barrel will have a number on its underside since I ordered a multi-cavity mold.  IBM gave a code to each barrel so they could know when a mold cavity needed to be adjusted if it was producing out-of-spec injection-molded parts.

I will continue making the hand adjustments to the prototypes and making those adjustments in the CAD files.  Before opening orders I want the prototypes to be as close to the final production units as possible and I want to take photos and make a video beforehand.

Olumin - the final version will look like the originals but is not 100% the same on the inside - for example a new USB controller instead of IBM's terminal controller.  $325 is the price for the keyboard.  I will also do a group buy for brand new Unicomp keys (check their web site for pricing and options available).  Yes caps can be swapped with Model M or Model F caps, or Unicomp caps.  Yes you have to pay taxes, fees, shipping if applicable to your country (these ship from New York).  You can adjust the layout afterwards but it will be a regular Model M style layout in a 60% form factor as the default.  The keyboard works once you plug in the USB cable, or you can configure it.  You can set any function layer you want (any suggestions on default function layers to include with the F62/F77?).  Yes you can order F1, F2 etc. front printed keycaps as long as Unicomp does not run out of stock.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:23:57 by Ellipse »

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
Re: [IC]Success! F62+F77 Orders open end-Jan.-New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F
« Reply #859 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:32:59 »
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to make this a reality. How easy is it to program the layout? Never used xwhatsit's controller before.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #860 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:40:07 »
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to make this a reality. How easy is it to program the layout? Never used xwhatsit's controller before.

My wife could use xwhatsit's software.  It has a very nice GUI.

Ellipse, what did you end up using for the voltage threshold if you don't mind me asking?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #861 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:48:08 »

Ellipse, what did you end up using for the voltage threshold if you don't mind me asking?

lol is there any need to flash any files or anything? Or do you just plug it in and let the GUI handle everything?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #862 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:50:11 »

lol is there any need to flash any files or anything? Or do you just plug it in and let the GUI handle everything?

Just download the software, it autodetects the keyboad, change what you need to, hit the save button.  done.

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #863 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:52:15 »

Just download the software, it autodetects the keyboad, change what you need to, hit the save button.  done.

sounds good thanks. Do you have a link where I can download it?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #864 on: Tue, 19 January 2016, 23:57:09 »

sounds good thanks. Do you have a link where I can download it?
I was right,  http://downloads.cornall.co/ibm-capsense-usb/0.9.0/

You will want the .zip.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 January 2016, 00:00:12 by Melvang »

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #865 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 01:58:27 »

I just assembled the F62 prototype complete inner assembly and can confirm that this Model F redesign project is a success!  It truly deserves the Model F moniker.  We will be going forward with the group buy before month end.  I will definitely continue testing and making the final pre-production adjustments as the prototypes are not 100% (nor were they expected to be perfect!).  I have made and will keep making design adjustments even as small as 0.1 mm to make them good.

Keys buckle correctly and are recognized on the computer - the new capacitive flippers do their job just as well as the originals so far.  There are no ghost signals as of yet.  The keyboard sounds eerily similar to my little used, original refurbished 77 key 4704 with Ensolite foam (the project uses Neoprene/EDPM type foam from McMaster-Carr) - you can tell the difference between the two but it was a lot closer than expected.  Of course it does sound different from my worn out F's with degraded foam (the F77 original, and just about each Model F in my collection, sounds different from just about every other Model F!).  The keys are crisp and have a solid amount of musicality to them like the original 77 key 4704 - far from the point where it would annoy most people in my view (some F's have more musicality, some have less).

One interesting note is that the improved manufacturing processes and tolerances have allowed for a more consistent sound to each key - granted the keys do sound different from each other and still have a mildly musical quality to them, though they are less random in their sound.  These better tolerances also make for more consistent barrels.  In test measurements I have noticed very low sample to sample variation.

Also the final barrel molds were completed - these samples will be with the final barrel design.  Each barrel will have a number on its underside since I ordered a multi-cavity mold.  IBM gave a code to each barrel so they could know when a mold cavity needed to be adjusted if it was producing out-of-spec injection-molded parts.

I will continue making the hand adjustments to the prototypes and making those adjustments in the CAD files.  Before opening orders I want the prototypes to be as close to the final production units as possible and I want to take photos and make a video beforehand.

Olumin - the final version will look like the originals but is not 100% the same on the inside - for example a new USB controller instead of IBM's terminal controller.  $325 is the price for the keyboard.  I will also do a group buy for brand new Unicomp keys (check their web site for pricing and options available).  Yes caps can be swapped with Model M or Model F caps, or Unicomp caps.  Yes you have to pay taxes, fees, shipping if applicable to your country (these ship from New York).  You can adjust the layout afterwards but it will be a regular Model M style layout in a 60% form factor as the default.  The keyboard works once you plug in the USB cable, or you can configure it.  You can set any function layer you want (any suggestions on default function layers to include with the F62/F77?).  Yes you can order F1, F2 etc. front printed keycaps as long as Unicomp does not run out of stock.

This is amazing news, I was almost certain there would be some more delays while things got sorted out so this is really a surprise. Cannot wait to see some photos!

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #866 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 08:00:37 »
Amazing! Ellipse you made my day!
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #867 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 08:13:38 »
I may have to try to raise some funds for this.. the Canadian dollar hurts really bad right now though.

Maybe it's time to liquidate my extra boards for a Kish...

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #868 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 09:25:05 »
Please some pics for the F77.  I am in, but for me it would really be comforting to have some visuals / description for the F77.  Thanks :)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #869 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 10:47:51 »
I may have to try to raise some funds for this.. the Canadian dollar hurts really bad right now though.
:'( That graph tells the whole story

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #870 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 11:46:39 »

Maybe it's time to liquidate my extra boards for a Kish...

Australian here, same issue. I sold my HHKB Type-S for this. No regrets. Of course that only covers about half the cost...
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #871 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 12:00:30 »
Can we get a carbon fiber infused case with little pink pony's hopping around with clacks as legs?

This is entirely possible.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #872 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 13:43:01 »
SUCCESS! now the wallet hurt begins  :confused:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #873 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 13:45:21 »
I'll admit I STRONGLY doubted this would happen.

PLEASE, kb gods, make this GB easy and smooth for the sake of GH.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #874 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 13:46:31 »
SUCCESS! now the wallet hurt begins  :confused:

Right? I was going to try and pay the Duck Octagon v2 next month, but the wallet permits only one. Sorry, Duck; I've dreamed of owning one of your boards for years, but a new Model F is a chance of a lifetime.  :-\

Offline geniekid

[SNIP]

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #876 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 16:24:14 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #877 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 18:26:41 »
SUCCESS! now the wallet hurt begins  ???

Right? I was going to try and pay the Duck Octagon v2 next month, but the wallet permits only one. Sorry, Duck; I've dreamed of owning one of your boards for years, but a new Model F is a chance of a lifetime.  :-\

Live a little, get BOTH  8) .

Time to fill your world with some decent keyboards and never stop at getting just one.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #878 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 18:30:18 »
cswanic I will be taking lots of photos with different layout possibilities and also some videos of the prototypes in operation before orders open. 

Offline Jedi

« Reply #879 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 19:35:51 »
You da man, I know you're a stickler for attention to detail, just go easy at first, Elrick is gonna be all over those pics like a kid watchin p04n.  Totally appreciated! :thumb:

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #880 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:37:07 »
In the buckling spring graphics, the wall of the keycap seems a little curved. It looks more like a SA profile cap, but most if not all model F do not use SA caps. The walls of model F caps are flat.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #881 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:39:14 »
In the buckling spring graphics, the wall of the keycap seems a little curved. It looks more like a SA profile cap, but most if not all model F do not use SA caps. The walls of model F caps are flat.

All F and M caps are the same profile.

Offline Ir0n

« Reply #882 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:10:00 »
Will the usb cable be detachable from the outside? o.o I have a lot of nice sleeved cables
looks like you can are but I wanna make sure because I might just get a new one for it

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #883 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:36:50 »
Nope ir0n.  It's very easy to open up though - just 4 regular screws to get inside though, plus another screw for the metal strain relief.  You can probably use that cable and route it from the inside. 

Some DT and GH users like Hypersphere are planning to mod their F62 with a USB extension cable so you can detach the USB cable without opening up the keyboard.  There's plenty of room inside to fit an extension cable.  You may need to file down the hole to make it slightly larger.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #884 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:48:32 »
Nope ir0n.  It's very easy to open up though - just 4 regular screws to get inside though, plus another screw for the metal strain relief.  You can probably use that cable and route it from the inside. 

Some DT and GH users like Hypersphere are planning to mod their F62 with a USB extension cable so you can detach the USB cable without opening up the keyboard.  There's plenty of room inside to fit an extension cable.  You may need to file down the hole to make it slightly larger.

Yeah, this is what I did to my last Model F. Helps you have the option to keep it stock as well, and is super easy to do.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #885 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:17:55 »

Yeah, this is what I did to my last Model F. Helps you have the option to keep it stock as well, and is super easy to do.

If you want to live the dream - keep the original cable as is.  Remember that WE are in this GB because it's a Model-F creation hence you don't defame or remove any original appointments delivered in this package.

It would be sacrilege to mix Smirnoff with Pickle Juice, so why would you disembowel a perfect Model-F to run a removable usb cable?  You'll be cutting off it's 'originality' just so you could be with the "hip crowd" here on GH Central, damn them all to hell, leave this keyboard as is   >:( .

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #886 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:26:33 »

If you want to live the dream - keep the original cable as is.  Remember that WE are in this GB because it's a Model-F creation hence you don't defame or remove any original appointments delivered in this package.

It would be sacrilege to mix Smirnoff with Pickle Juice, so why would you disembowel a perfect Model-F to run a removable usb cable?  You'll be cutting off it's 'originality' just so you could be with the "hip crowd" here on GH Central, damn them all to hell, leave this keyboard as is   >:( .

So where does this put me?
125134-0

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #887 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:27:23 »
LOL. Okay, Elrick, now you're taking it a little too far. It's just going to be a plain Jane micro to A USB cable delivered with it, connected internally to an Xwhatsit controller. There's certainly no mystic secret sauce to preserve in that portion of these keyboards! I say it's fine to set up for a removable cable, for those who want it. It'll make it easier for someone to transport the their keyboard around and scoring major bragging rights.

Offline Ir0n

« Reply #888 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:29:12 »

(Attachment Link)

A guy with a snazzy tiny at-at  that likes putting stickers on stuff

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #889 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:30:25 »

(Attachment Link)

Thats my AT-AT posing with my AT.

Offline Ir0n

« Reply #890 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:31:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #891 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:37:01 »

Yeah agreed. The total replication of this is what makes it very special. On the other hand if you are going to tote this around (maybe you want a workout?) having a removable cable is always good, and using an extension usb is definitely the way to go.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #892 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:42:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Your All Terrain Armored Transport with your Advanced Technology keyboard?

(Please let me be right. I did all that un-abbreviating straight from memory.)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #893 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 00:24:58 »
Yeah agreed. The total replication of this is what makes it very special. On the other hand if you are going to tote this around (maybe you want a workout?) having a removable cable is always good, and using an extension usb is definitely the way to go.

Geez Louise, this is me and you should know what I'm like by now  ;) .

You can customize your own F62/F77 any way you like, bugger what anyone else thinks here on GH, especially that old Geezer ............. what's his name ........ ?

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #894 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 01:34:11 »
Show Image

#ZumaMustFall. That ass has made being a keyboard and PC enthusiast a curse.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #895 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 01:40:00 »
Show Image

That is where our Dollar is going, hence why the fuss? 

We have a so-called advanced democratic system (Australia) and both 2 party system, guarantees a lower dollar to boost our 3rd world industries of Agriculture and Mining.  Wait on, this is nothing to be proud of here at all but the media keeps telling us this everyday, on how lucky we are.........  :'(

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #896 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:01:52 »
Show Image

That is where our Dollar is going, hence why the fuss? 

We have a so-called advanced democratic system (Australia) and both 2 party system, guarantees a lower dollar to boost our 3rd world industries of Agriculture and Mining.  Wait on, this is nothing to be proud of here at all but the media keeps telling us this everyday, on how lucky we are.........  :'(

Don't complain too loudly, I would give a pinky for our currency to be back at the level the aus dollar is now to the US dollar :) Although I was surprised to see how much it has lost over the last couple years. Still pretty lucky though as far as I know your income levels/quality of life are some of the best in the world  ;)

But this is a depressing topic, let's get back to the amazing Model Fs that are incoming!

Just a quick poll: What colours / layouts / Model are you guys going for?

I'm going F62 black with blank black keys (HHKB style - I know sorry Elrick I just love that fn key, I probably would have gone standard layout and just had a 1u shift on the right but blank black key limitations have forced me this way - Unicomp not making std right shifts and also not making unstepped capslock keys)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #897 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:02:50 »
Just a quick poll: What colours / layouts / Model are you guys going for?

I'm going F62 black with blank black keys (HHKB style - I know sorry Elrick I just love that fn key, I probably would have gone standard layout and just had a 1u shift on the right but blank black key limitations have forced me this way - Unicomp not making std right shifts and also not making unstepped capslock keys)

Going for an F77 done in standard Industrial Gray with Dark Blue Legends on Pebble and Cream keys via Unicomp.

Nothing too customized plus it should be delivered easily, it's the weirdos here on GH that would order something off world and demand lots of extras on their Model-Fs that will have them waiting for some time.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #898 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:06:02 »
Can we get a split spacebar with green sparkle embeded keycaps. Also backlit RBG LEDS that are programmable with a remote to control the light patterns as well as bluetooth data trasfer?

Offline Ir0n

« Reply #899 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 04:38:28 »

I think I'm going F62 as well..I already have a Model F AT and its pretty similar but i don't know.. opinions ? :p
hoping I can get it painted red lol
I might mod it and put a USB plug on the back of it using a small panel usb mount and cut out a plate for it
just makes moving it around more easy in my opinion