Author Topic: [IC] ePBT Origami | GB LIVE  (Read 83490 times)

Offline milka158

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | New Kit Renders | More Collabs | GB Date: May 18
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 03:03:44 »
What are the exact colors (color codes) you're aiming for?

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 04:56:39 »
Please stop putting diamonds next to Apple-style mods, thanks. Ne 1.5U supers in base?

Also the novelties render has the wrong sizes on some keys. 1.75U should be 1.5U.

Nice theme overall. Love the subs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 April 2021, 04:59:54 by jagger27 »

Offline Nukz

• ig: nukzak
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 05:36:23 »
i will announce the colors soon!

Offline Nukz

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 05:37:14 »
Please stop putting diamonds next to Apple-style mods, thanks. Ne 1.5U supers in base?

Also the novelties render has the wrong sizes on some keys. 1.75U should be 1.5U.

im sorry, wdym diamonds? thank you for pointing out about the sizes :thumb:

Offline RoyalOak88

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | Vendors !
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 05:52:16 »
I really, really, like how these keycaps are shaping up. So much, in fact, that I’ve finally decided to register in the forum just to ask if it would be possible to add an Int-south kit for south European keyboards (Italy, Spain, Portugal, not sure if any other countries are included), such as the one here:

https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/kam-superuser-int-south_3259/

Pretty please? I’d love to buy this set, but I’ve gotten a bit lazy over the years, and I would prefer having a keyboard whose labels match the letters that will appear when I type!

+1

Offline salgiza

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 11:35:31 »

I think that jagger27 is referring to the keycaps, in the macOS kit, with diamond shapes. I have a mac and I don’t know what they are, either (though I’ve seen them in other keycap GBs). They seem to be there in place of the mac command key/icon (⌘), as seen here: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/samples/apple-wireless.json , although I guess that the ^ keycaps (not found in a mac keyboard either) could be used instead (I would go with the diamonds, though).

So we have twice the keycaps (^, diamond) instead of the cmd/⌘ ones that would usually be included in a Mac kit.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 12:55:33 »

These things

I think that jagger27 is referring to the keycaps, in the macOS kit, with diamond shapes. I have a mac and I don’t know what they are, either (though I’ve seen them in other keycap GBs). They seem to be there in place of the mac command key/icon (⌘), as seen here: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/samples/apple-wireless.json , although I guess that the ^ keycaps (not found in a mac keyboard either) could be used instead (I would go with the diamonds, though).

So we have twice the keycaps (^, diamond) instead of the cmd/⌘ ones that would usually be included in a Mac kit.

Nah ^ is Control.

Offline Nukz

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:01:15 »

Show Image

These things

Nah ^ is Control.

Show Image

ohhhh ;D

Offline salgiza

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 15:02:08 »

Nah ^ is Control.

Oooh! Lol, I think I might need to go to the optician  :confused:

Offline CookieFlow

I still find kitting a bit strange for Alice users.

You either have to buy the Fourties Kit or forced into accent spacebars.
Really wish base kit would have included 2-3 split spacebars in the alphas colors.

Offline Nukz

I still find kitting a bit strange for Alice users.

You either have to buy the Fourties Kit or forced into accent spacebars.
Really wish base kit would have included 2-3 split spacebars in the alphas colors.
2c and 3u?

Offline L4ll1g470r

I know I’m late, but this absolutely screams for a unicorn novelty...

Edit: also looks like the international kitting is a bit wrong, should be , ; and . :, not ; : and . :
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 April 2021, 05:23:53 by L4ll1g470r »

Offline thicthock

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 02:18:01 »

I love the grey but would also absolutely go for what I saw in it first: a bluish grey. I think this set really screams for color novelties in different colors

Offline Shoe17

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 19 April 2021, 14:04:13 »

I love the grey but would also absolutely go for what I saw in it first: a bluish grey. I think this set really screams for color novelties in different colors

I agree with this that I liked the bluish grey more than just the grey

Offline c0d3r

I think the current grey color is perfect fine.

Offline PeppyToad

Very nice creamy color. And thanks for the thoughtful 40s kitting.
I have two nitpicks:

1. 1.25u text "Control" is centered, but it should be left-aligned.
2. 1.25u Enter in the 40s kit has too big of an arrow. It looks disproportionate relative to the other modifier icons. Could you resize and realign the icon?

Thank you! Looking forward to this set.

Offline saltimate

ok you got me interested with the 40s kitting, i didnt think you would but here we are.

uuuuh any chance of separating at least one of the alphas sets from a "base kit", not keen on buying a bunch of useless normie mods just so i can have the alphas for my 40s....

i know its not that popular but if you want to turn me on personally add another 2.25u bar to the 40s

Offline bobtheguitar

Show Image

Is that... R2 Shift and R2 Stepped Shift in the Modern kit? What for? Or are they supposed to be Caps Locks? But then those are both in the base kits, so why have them again in the Modern? Or is the stepped one supposed to be stepped Control (^)?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid!
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 April 2021, 06:24:04 by bobtheguitar »

Offline XiXora

This is a nice kit.

However, I think I see a kitting error in the International kit.
The R1 >< key is duplicated from the Base kit. Is this supposed to be a UK ISO R1 |\ Key?

Offline nvh2092

This is a nice kit.

The R1 >< key is duplicated from the Base kit. Is this supposed to be a UK ISO R1 |\ Key?
Yeah, the international kit lacks a R1 pipe key for iso uk and at the same time contains a redundant key that already existed in base.

Offline Nukz

This is a nice kit.

Yeah, the international kit lacks a R1 pipe key for iso uk and at the same time contains a redundant key that already existed in base.
resolved!

Offline XiXora

resolved!

Excellent. Better than being told a week after the GB ended that it was resolved… 😂

Offline Nukz

resolved!

Excellent. Better than being told a week after the GB ended that it was resolved… 😂
lol, who did that haha?

Offline bobtheguitar

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | GB Date: May 18
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:20:50 »
Just noticed a typo in the title of the 40s kit: should be ‘Forties’, not ‘Fourties’.

And I assume the lack of response to my post above means that the R2 Shift and Stepped Shift in the Modern kit are intentional—would still like to know what they’re for though!

Offline Nukz

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:25:25 »
Just noticed a typo in the title of the 40s kit: should be ‘Forties’, not ‘Fourties’.

And I assume the lack of response to my post above means that the R2 Shift and Stepped Shift in the Modern kit are intentional—would still like to know what they’re for though!
my bad for the 'Fourties' thing, about the modern kit, someone made it for me, someone helped me with all the kits!
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:38:11 by Nukz »

Offline bobtheguitar

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:33:39 »

my bad for the 'Fourties' thing, about the international kit, someone made it for me, someone helped me with all the kits!

It’s not the International kit I’m talking about, it’s the Modern (i.e. icon mods) kit. R2 Shift and Stepped Shift are in there, which I’ve never seen before and can’t fathom the purpose of. Seems likely they’re mistakes.

If I’m wrong, please someone correct me!

Offline Nukz

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:37:36 »

my bad for the 'Fourties' thing, about the international kit, someone made it for me, someone helped me with all the kits!

It’s not the International kit I’m talking about, it’s the Modern (i.e. icon mods) kit. R2 Shift and Stepped Shift are in there, which I’ve never seen before and can’t fathom the purpose of. Seems likely they’re mistakes.

gmk 8008 similar Modern kit

Offline bobtheguitar

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:39:48 »

Show Image

Those are Caps Locks, not Shifts. And moreover you already have Stepped and Non-Stepped Caps Lock icon keys in the base. No? (Am I going crazy?)

(For the record, I’m pro getting rid of the R2 Shift and replacing the Stepped Shift with Stepped Control (^).)
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:53:54 by bobtheguitar »

Offline Nukz

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:55:40 »

Show Image

Those are Caps Locks, not Shifts. And moreover you already have Stepped and Non-Stepped Caps Lock icon keys in the base. No? (Am I going crazy?)

(For the record, I’m pro getting rid of the R2 Shift and replacing the Stepped Shift with Stepped Control (^).)
im losing my minds haha, lemme do that real quick!

Offline Nukz

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:57:30 »

Show Image

wait, stepped control? does something like this exist? :eek:

Offline bobtheguitar

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:05:01 »

Show Image

Very unusual. I think I’ve seen it as text but not as an icon before. But the reason (my reason for suggesting it, anyway) is for boards that require a stepped key (e.g. Zambumon’s Sar).
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:08:24 by bobtheguitar »

Offline Nukz

« Reply #131 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:07:08 »

Show Image

Very unusual. I think I’ve seen it as text but not as an icon before. But the reason would be for boards that require a stepped key (e.g. Zambumon’s Sar).
hmmmm, what should i remove/change?

Offline bobtheguitar

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:10:45 »

Show Image

Very unusual. I think I’ve seen it as text but not as an icon before. But the reason would be for boards that require a stepped key (e.g. Zambumon’s Sar).

Well IMO remove the R2 Shift and either change the stepped key to stepped Control (if you’re feeling adventurous) or remove it (if not.)

But perhaps consult someone more knowledgable than me, too!

Offline Nukz

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:16:12 »

Show Image

Well IMO remove the R2 Shift and either change the stepped key to stepped Control (if you’re feeling adventurous) or remove it (if not.)

But perhaps consult someone more knowledgable than me, too!
https://imgur.com/HaoCpgj :rolleyes:

Offline XiXora

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 13:36:11 »
Stepped control is in a few kits, yes. I'm intending to use it for Sar, and/or Thermal+.

Whilst were changing that kit, it'll need two 1.5U control (^), and two 1u alts (⎇) for 7U Mac/HHKB.
I'm usually asking for the Supers… not the other way around 🤣

Offline azzipa

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 22:06:14 »
nice looking set, glwgb (soontm:thumb:

weeb umka?

I know I’m late, but this absolutely screams for a unicorn novelty...

gaff (and deckard) would approve

i'm guessing this is too late since GB starts in less than 3 weeks, but 1.5 supers and 1u alts would be great for us mac users who also don't like using the incorrect/stupid/non-mac icons.

Offline Nukz

Re: [IC] ePBT Origami | Pricing Announced! | GB in 10 Days
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 14:44:35 »
Pricing Announced! :p

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 01:58:01 »
These prices are delicious!

Offline prognostics

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 09:09:14 »
Base kit with Alice support makes me excited to hop in day 1. Great kitting and prices.   :thumb:

I feel that every update was a solid improvement over the previous iteration, I will be following anything else you release through your discord.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 11:33:43 »
Agreed.

Happy to you see listening to feedback and that alice support got added in basekit  :thumb:

Offline Izeri

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 03:21:32 »
What's the MOQ?

Offline tsakuyo

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 05:24:18 »
Is there still a possibility to change a tiny thing?
It would be absolutely fantastic if the novelties had the same line thickness.
I know you bought them from thenounproject, so I can imagine that you just had to take what's available.
Have you tried to match them already? Or is it not a concern to you?
Either way, if I can offer my help, I would gladly rework these icons to match each other.
Nothing fancy, just the line thickness.

Good job otherwise! And great pricing.
I really like the set, the colors, the monokei, the deskmat. It's just the line thickness  ;D.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 07:48:44 »
Any word on the missing keys in the Modern kit yet? :)

Offline Nukz

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 11 May 2021, 14:17:24 »
What's the MOQ?
100 for both base kits

Offline tr0oper

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 08:14:04 »
I don’t know if there is any point providing feedback so close to GB opening, but I only signed up to geekhack yesterday, and this theme is very near and dear to me, so I’ll share my thoughts.

I’m looking at the base set, and it seems to be missing an R2 home button. This is mandatory, and I won’t even consider such a large base set with so many keys if it is missing R2 home. It also strangely seems to have 2x R3 pgUp and 2x R2 pgDn. Is this a mistake?

User DotMatrix had made some great observations in a much earlier post. I agree with all the points there. I can see you have obviously addressed some of the issues raised.

Looking at the early posts from others, it appears a previous version of this set had a paper plane? This immediately tells me that little to no thought and research has been done on the theme, and gives me the feeling the extent of the effort extended only as far as searching for ‘origami’ on the noun project and randomly selecting good looking ones.

Origami has both a historical, traditional and cultural significance in Japan, as well as many modern artists from all over the world. Look up Robert J. Lang and google image, he is from your State. After that you could check out John Montroll, or Gonzalo Garcia Calvo, and so many more. I have to mention Akira Yoshizawa (RIP) the father of modern origami. I would expect an oragimi themed key set to acknowledge and pay respects to the lifelong contributions of such masters.

For a set with this specific theme, to me it would be all about the novelties. The current set is not there in my opinion. For a well crafted set of ‘origami novelties’ I would happily pay double of what the current one is priced at, but I would like to see a few more keys so I have options with my customisation. The R4 novelties have the right idea. If I want to use one of those R4 keys as my esc, I have choices. I can chose from 3 images, and I can have each in either light or dark. This is not the case for the R1 keys, which I find somewhat lacking. I would like to see dark versions of these keys. I also want to see the 1.5 icon on the 1.25, and vice versa. Also, the R3 1.5 buttons, they are exactly the same. Maybe on in dark? I know every combination would be asking too much, but maybe something more that what there currently is?

Maybe I’m nuts, but I’d be happy to even buy multiple different sets of novelties. Origami is a broad enough topic that you could develop multiple origami sub-themes into their own novelty set (keys where the model is specific to an artist, keys where the logo is origami diagram instruction symbols, keys depicting the relationship of origami to mathematics, keys showing origami applied in engineering etc.). This is where I see the bulk of the “work” going into designing for such a theme.

Having said all that, when the GB opens, I will probably pick up the novelties anyway, because it’s origami on keycaps! If I thought they were spectacular however, then I’d be picking up the ‘complete’ set.

I must however admit that I love the mat. It’s everything I want, and I’ll 100% be picking that up! (Maybe even 2)

I will also say that colours are something that look great to me. I would absolutely love this set if it had awesome origami novelties.

Overall, I am disappointed, I feel this set could be so much more.

This is the first time I am going to participate in a GB. Good luck with it, I’ll be picking up something at least.

Offline IRLRaptor

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 08:17:55 »
Very clean set, cant wait to see these.

Offline dvdrl

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 10:37:49 »
Not sure whether the kit renders haven’t been updated yet, but the International kit is still missing a “, ;” key. It’s necessary to complete  German layout support.

Offline Lazesummerstone

• ҠѤӋϚΔΡѕ
    • MY Keycap set - Transmutation
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 15:32:53 »
Oof suddenly feeling absolute regret for trading my cream colored Thinkv2 board this week.  :eek:
I bought my first videogame console by folding tiny origami cranes and making them into earrings which I sold at Xmas. This set kinda resonates with me!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 20:58:11 »
I still wish the novelties were reworked.

They do feel pretty lazy, I understand they were bought directly and not designed by yourself.
But at least reworking them with the same line thickness seems like the minimum to do.

Granted I have very little knowledge in Origami, but I still find the ones you choose to be very odd choices, besides a few.

I support the idea of having 2 novelties kit.
This could be an animal novelties kit, but as some people (and I also early in the IC) pointed out there are many more shapes and concepts in Origami than animals.
I would have really like to see a kit with things like Origami flowers, geometrical shapes etc.

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 21:22:16 »
It also strangely seems to have 2x R3 pgUp and 2x R2 pgDn. Is this a mistake?

Good find. Can we get confirmation that this will be fixed for the GB?