Author Topic: [IC] Custom/Switch Stickers - ONLY $1 for 128 stickers - Taking votes on color  (Read 48665 times)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
I found out today from the plotter, there is also radium available for those who would like glow in the dark stickers. It would cost $3 for a sheet though as it is expensive material.

Also tried cutting OHP, didn't work, problem is the vinyl or any material put through the plotter needs some reinforcing back surface to hold it in place while the design is cut. If there is no adhesive, the vinyl goes heywire and cut be cut. Same goes for the OHP sheet.

Can someone in the US, help with this:
Can someone in the US call them up and get me email address can't find it anywhere online. https://squareup.com/market/paper-street-plastics

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
GO GO PIKACHU STICKERS :p

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff

I can seriously have these made if you are interested :P Let me know the size

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく

I can seriously have these made if you are interested :P Let me know the size

Just kidding :P

But I support the metallic colours. I like purple, blue, white and black. :)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Am I the only one that can't find an order form link...?

Offline gnubag

this is still an IC, so no orders yet.
(even though there is imo more than enough interest to start a GB, but I think that they are looking for metallic stickers right now.)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is

this is still an IC, so no orders yet.
Yeah I just realized what forum this is in.  I just clicked the link in his signature.  How embarrassing.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
I'd be in for a couple of sheets. Purple, blue and black are preferred!
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Is there a timeline for confirming orders and making payment? Also does anyone else think at these prices it'd be a good idea to do up some GH stickers?
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Also does anyone else think at these prices it'd be a good idea to do up some GH stickers?

I don't understand the question. Of course it is a good idea :D

Offline Nask

Definitely interested :D
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
God damn it, no GH stickers. I hate GH stickers. Aargh, I should have known someone would recommend it.  :mad:

I be getting them made, it was supposed to be one of the extras, brushed silver "geekhack" 60mm x 12mm stickers, these would have release (Area around sticker not needed removed and a clear tape added on top to peel the sticker stick ti somewhere and then remove the tape) and be ready to stick as there are separated letters, so it would be too hard to align by hand for each member. You'll get a couple. :D

Damn you bueller! Oh well, there are yet other surprises too, which I know, noone will guess. :)

Oh, and I have added price for cut stickers that require release to the OP, $0.1 per sq inch, reduced prices on custom stickers! :D

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
Wow. Good deal. I've been sober from buying keyboard related things for a couple months now. If I were to start I would never stop!
SmallFry! <3

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Bueller, timeline is mentioned in the OP.

I know there is enough to go for a GB, however I am waiting on getting feedback from jdcarpe before I start the GB.

I found out that the vinyl is 3.5mil. Adhesive is good enough IMO, design is perfect, so almost 100% sure that it should pass inspection.

Meanwhile I am looking for colored metallic and sparkle vinyl. If someone in the US can help me by making a call to the paper street plastics and getting em an email so I can contact them, it would be great! I am still hunting local solutions if any.

Most likely GB would be up up in 10-15days, depending on time it takes for package to reach jdcarpe, this should give good estimate on shipping time as well.

Offline pmh1410

i'm in for Pink and Green Color
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
I'm in in in!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Scans done, I'll add them tonight.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Can't wait for this to happen!  Plus custom stickers--definitely getting a few!

Will the custom stickers be made all of the same color, or is that Pickachu design representative of the fact that they can be colorized to match the design?  And also they would be made of the same vinyl or something different? (Just trying to figure out adhesion strength).
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline elton5354

I got  this from massdrop awhile ago, but would like one in "metalized" gold!

The white parts are empty spaces
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:48:11 by elton5354 »

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
I would like 10 sheets of the moose design in a bright florecent orange. like geekhack's orange
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 14:16:34 by domoaligato »

Offline pixel5

• pixel5
Forgive my ignorance... I have a Poker II but I haven't opened it up... is the Poker II plate mounted? As I understand, plate mounted keyboards wouldn't benefit much from these right?
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Can't wait for this to happen!  Plus custom stickers--definitely getting a few!

Will the custom stickers be made all of the same color, or is that Pickachu design representative of the fact that they can be colorized to match the design?  And also they would be made of the same vinyl or something different? (Just trying to figure out adhesion strength).
For printed designs, design will be printed just as you do on a home printer, it is essentially inkject printer with special ink and printing from industrial printer. So colors would be as close they can be. For plotted stickers, they can be whatever color vinyl you want. This would be of the same grade vinyl as other vinyl used for switch sticker, except one that can be printed on. Adhesion should be quite good, given how these vinyls are generally are used for automotive decoration or signages, so they can take a beating in harsh weather as well.

I got  this from massdrop awhile ago, but would like one in "metalized" gold!

Show Image

The white part is an empty space
What size?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Forgive my ignorance... I have a Poker II but I haven't opened it up... is the Poker II plate mounted? As I understand, plate mounted keyboards wouldn't benefit much from these right?

Yes it is plate mounted and no unless you get a plate for the poker 2 which allows for switch top removal you would have to completely desolder to open switches to apply these and then resolder.

I would like 10 sheets of the moose design in a bright orange. like geekhack's orange

wait what! there are moose stickers :o

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
dang it got too excited

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!

Well basically, you would need to desolder your switches to open them. Way too much trouble in my opinion just to sticker the switches. If it had a special custom plate that allows for opening the switches without desoldering it would be different, but no stock keyboard has these.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline pixel5

• pixel5

Well basically, you would need to desolder your switches to open them. Way too much trouble in my opinion just to sticker the switches. If it had a special custom plate that allows for opening the switches without desoldering it would be different, but no stock keyboard has these.

Well I won't complain about not being about to use stickers. I got a plate mounted keyboard for a really good price. GLWGB
Poker II

Quickfire Rapid
BUY MY CRAP

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff

Yes it is plate mounted and no unless you get a plate for the poker 2 which allows for switch top removal you would have to completely desolder to open switches to apply these and then resolder.

I would like 10 sheets of the moose design in a bright orange. like geekhack's orange

wait what! there are moose stickers :o

dang it got too excited

We can have them, you have a design in mind ;)

Offline elton5354

What size?

The small one to the right please

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
This look good?

If yes, I'll add it to OP as list of available custom stickers, so we can increase the numbers.

Offline elton5354

The face and hand should have no material on it. Like on the picture, it's white.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
The face and hand should have no material on it. Like on the picture, it's white.

Thus those parts are cut out in the file I uploaded :P

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
damn! $1 a sheet...O_O WHERE DO I ORDER!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Samples ready to be sent to jdcarpe.

Note, the geekhack logo, is release ready, it has tape on top to stick to whatever surface. Also spider, doesn't look so good after the cut and most likely will be canceled, this is not set in stone, I will wait for input from jd.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
The things you offer get better every day!

Can't wait for the actual GB. I am in for at least 10 sets :)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Updated OP with the colors, man that was tiring, this is as correct as I can get them.

Fluorescent colors aren't scanned properly but I hope you'll get the idea of what color they are, real bright like safety orange.

I don't know anything about wood grains, so if someone can identify the grains, please help me do so.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Added a table for the extra vinyl options to the OP

Also added a link to google spreadsheet where you can see all the custom stickers requested so far

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
The colour table helps a lot.

Thanks mohit!

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
mmmmmmmm orange peel

Offline gnubag

sent you a pm with a sticker design and some questions.

are those all the green tones from the table?
was looking for a more toxic green but I guess the Pakistan Green has to do it for me.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
So the colors posted are the final colors, in the sense that there won't be additional versions of metallic or glittery kinds? 
If you are looking to get a poll of people's opinion on popular colors, perhaps you could add a google form to submit with color selection and sheet count.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
sent you a pm with a sticker design and some questions.

are those all the green tones from the table?
was looking for a more toxic green but I guess the Pakistan Green has to do it for me.

PM replied, yes those are all the greens that are available. If you want some other color feel free to link me to it (Must ship to India), pricing would be vinyl cost + $0.5/sheet excluding shipping.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 August 2013, 20:34:15 by mohitgarg »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
So the colors posted are the final colors, in the sense that there won't be additional versions of metallic or glittery kinds? 
If you are looking to get a poll of people's opinion on popular colors, perhaps you could add a google form to submit with color selection and sheet count.

NO, these are not the final colors, these are the ones available locally, I can get the metallic colors and sparkling ones, those sheets would cost around $3-$4 depending on numbers with MOQ of around 30-40 sheets.

I've been trying to call Paper Street Plastics, but they didn't answer the phone. They are the best dealers for vinyl online.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
Number 40, Black Carbon Fiber, 3 sheets, Moose shape if possible, ship to Québec,Canada.

I have no clue how group buy works :/ Just PM me the total price and PayPal address i gotta forward my money to, and then i'll send in my address. Or if it works a different way just PM me what i gotta do please.

Please accept my apology for being inexperienced into group buy @_@

Love you all for taking care of my poor soul :)
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
This is just an IC you can't yet place orders.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
This is just an IC you can't yet place orders.

What does IC means

?
. .
 l
__

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline BlueBär

NO, these are not the final colors, these are the ones available locally, I can get the metallic colors and sparkling ones, those sheets would cost around $3-$4 depending on numbers with MOQ of around 30-40 sheets.

I've been trying to call Paper Street Plastics, but they didn't answer the phone. They are the best dealers for vinyl online.

If we don't reach that MOQ, can we order smaller sheets from somewhere else for a slightly higher price?

What does IC means

Interest check. Look at which subforum you're in :p

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech

What does IC means

Interest check. Look at which subforum you're in :p

Oh glad to know!
Then yes i am defenetly interested into this product. Also keyboards.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
If we don't reach that MOQ, can we order smaller sheets from somewhere else for a slightly higher price?

Yes, I am open to the idea. I'll probably list a couple of other vendors and list pricing for these options.

Offline Defying

• (suffer on)
Interested.

Offline komar007

• komar's blog
Interested too.
GH60 rev. B w/ ali's case|Cherry G80-3000 HFU/05|IBM Model M (51G8572)
Check out the GH60 project! | How to make a keyboard