Author Topic: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (DONE!)  (Read 881325 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (Taking Orders)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:17:42 »
Bese Sets hit 50!! That is the big price break...small breaks after that.  Mods (White on Orange) are almost there too!!

Orange on White mods still have a ways to go.

Yay!

Really hope the white on orange mods make it, as there is a nearly 50% price reduction :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:49:40 »
I'm going to have to pull out of this GB, since I have been enlightened by GMK.

Sorry, I thought the earlier I inform, the better it would be.

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:54:08 »
Just ordered.

Edit: Disregard my first order...just realized I made a mistake in it.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:56:31 by Kabuks »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:25:14 »
I think it would help with poly on white mod order number to include a mock up of an all-white kit.  From just looking at the current pictures, one can quickly scan the first post and not notice that white mods are offered as well.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:26:21 »
 :eek:

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 11:53:32 »
I think it would help with poly on white mod order number to include a mock up of an all-white kit.  From just looking at the current pictures, one can quickly scan the first post and not notice that white mods are offered as well.

Yesss, let's get some visibility for the orange-poly on white mods!

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 12:07:34 »
All - If you have an addition, change, or removal to an order PLEASE PM me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 13:38:22 »
All - If you have an addition, change, or removal to an order PLEASE PM me.

A valuable request that would benefit from being placed at the beginning of the OP in big letters ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 09:45:31 »
Really surprised that we haven't hit the 50 mark on the Modifers and Tsangan. For those that have chosen only to get the alpha set, what's your reasoning? Just curious.

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 09:53:57 »
Really surprised that we haven't hit the 50 mark on the Modifers and Tsangan. For those that have chosen only to get the alpha set, what's your reasoning? Just curious.

Probably split between the two different mods available. People with poly on white mods obviously aren't getting tsangan that doesn't match

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 10:08:33 »

Well, for myself, I am fairly broke at the moment, but the alphas are irresistible. The modifiers are nice enough, but for the cost I will make do matching the alphas to either yellow/red Tai Hao modifiers, or make do with what I have. Now the poly on white mods are added I may consider a set of them later, but for now, the alphas are what impressed me most.

Don't look at it as screwing up the modifiers and Tsangan orders, think of it as getting the alphas to a higher level sooner :)
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 11:55:15 »
but the alphas are irresistible
haha, same here

I think maybe people placed their bets on Toxic.

The GB presentation could use some loving, the standards have risen recently (well for some). Maybe add some closeups of the awesome doubleshot showing off capabilities of the poly part?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:57:01 »
but the alphas are irresistible
haha, same here

I think maybe people placed their bets on Toxic.

The GB presentation could use some loving, the standards have risen recently (well for some). Maybe add some closeups of the awesome doubleshot showing off capabilities of the poly part?

See Hashbaz's album:  http://imgur.com/a/pYV1D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:10:11 »

Well, for myself, I am fairly broke at the moment, but the alphas are irresistible. The modifiers are nice enough, but for the cost I will make do matching the alphas to either yellow/red Tai Hao modifiers, or make do with what I have. Now the poly on white mods are added I may consider a set of them later, but for now, the alphas are what impressed me most.

Don't look at it as screwing up the modifiers and Tsangan orders, think of it as getting the alphas to a higher level sooner :)

Tai Hao is OEM profile, and these are SP profile - different.  Maybe that will grate on your sensibilities, maybe not ...

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:20:17 »

Tai Hao is OEM profile, and these are SP profile - different.  Maybe that will grate on your sensibilities, maybe not ...

Ah yes, this is true, well noted. I will just have to reuse some mods from elsewhere, it would be hard work tripping over the OEM mods to get to the alphas.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:49:47 »
its going to be nice when the replica font is on other sets in the future, it looks so much better. i look forward to more replica sets in the future :)

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 20:39:57 »
Definitely can't wait to see more sets with this new font.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:19:28 »
Orders are slowing down...Deadline is November 28th

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (Taking Orders DEADLINE 11/28)
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:22:46 »
Are the order numbers in the OP still up-to-date?

Haven't we even reached 50 Mod sets yet? Kinda disappointing...

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:24:35 »
Yayy that mod need more people
come on guys ;)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:25:09 »
We are very close to 50 mods so they should make the price break.

The white mods are even more disappointing...only 14 sets ordered.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:30:45 »
In attempts to gather more interest, I will guarantee 50 level pricing on mods.

Order up guys!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:33:22 »
Hmm, I am wondering why this is. I thought the very first Cherry font GB would explode and people would order just for the sake of participating in the first GB with these legends. Maybe this set was too extravagant with all the translucent stuff.

Hopefully Raindrop Round 2 with Cherry legends is next - this would be a guaranteed success :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:43:09 »
Yeah I thought I'd be in for the first Cherry GB but I'm just way overextended for this time of year, lots of group buys happening and Christmas just around the corner!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline cruk

• :> keys
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 08:45:59 »

Order up guys!

Great initiative  :thumb:

I've already placed my order for a base+mod few days earlier, excited for the set!

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 10:54:24 »
we havent hit 25 in white mods? :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 13:12:10 »
Orders are slowing down...Deadline is November 28th

I thought more people would be interested in this.  Maybe they've been spoiled by GMK of late - especially reading the tail of the Toxic GB thread.

We are very close to 50 mods so they should make the price break.

The white mods are even more disappointing...only 14 sets ordered.

The orange mods hit the spot for me :)

Order up guys!

That's a significant saving - thanks i3oiler!

C'mon people - order, order order! :)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 14:43:00 »
we havent hit 25 in white mods? :(

Nope - Order Up!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 14:54:18 »
Yeah I thought I'd be in for the first Cherry GB but I'm just way overextended for this time of year, lots of group buys happening and Christmas just around the corner!

This is exactly where I am as well.  I really like the look of this set and all it represents, but just can't swing it right now. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 13:14:19 »
Did you get me added on white mods? Or should I order again to replace my old order?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 15:57:12 »
Come-on, lets get some love for this GB. It's basically the orangesicle set everybody's been clamoring for... MORE ORDERS

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #231 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:23:58 »
 ^-^ not much time, I'll have to decide fast.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 17:27:27 »

Order up guys!

Thank you for this. 
Just ordered.  Great set, thanks for organizing the group buy!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 04:31:37 »

Buy now, decide later ;)

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #234 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 05:25:33 »

Buy now, decide later ;)

Get that on a T-shirt!

Offline Joxx

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 15:14:15 »
Hello,
I was wondering when would those be entering production and when , aprox, they will be shipped out?
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #236 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 15:21:32 »

Buy now, decide later ;)

Get that on a T-shirt!

Anyone around here in the T-shirt business?

Offline Rabbit

« Reply #237 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 13:48:16 »
I like ORANGE Translucent on WHITE Mods,what if there are less than 25 sets until the deadline, Can I plus WHITE ABS ON ORANGE ABS if that happens? Will you PM me about that or I still can get ORANGE Translucent on WHITE Mods with a higher price?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 09:21:42 »
Did you get me added on white mods? Or should I order again to replace my old order?

Got it

Hello,
I was wondering when would those be entering production and when , aprox, they will be shipped out?

Payments will start on the 28th and probably take 1-2 weeks.  Production will take 3-4 weeks.

I like ORANGE Translucent on WHITE Mods,what if there are less than 25 sets until the deadline, Can I plus WHITE ABS ON ORANGE ABS if that happens? Will you PM me about that or I still can get ORANGE Translucent on WHITE Mods with a higher price?

25 will happen, even if I have to buy them.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #239 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 12:24:11 »
I'm in for a base set and a translucent on white mod set (and a GH key of course)

:thumb:

Don't feel like I can't support this set tbh seeing as what it stands for :)
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 08:11:26 »
8 more days - get your orders in!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 10:09:21 »

Order up guys!

Thank you for this. 

I notice my name isn't in the OP in the "ordered" section.  Did my order not go through?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 10:23:31 »

Order up guys!

Thank you for this. 

I notice my name isn't in the OP in the "ordered" section.  Did my order not go through?

Got it -
OP updated

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 10:27:16 »
UPDATE

Need 13 more Base Sets to hit 75 price drop
Need 4 more Mod (white on orange) to hit 50
Need 28 more Mod (orange on white) to hit 50
Need 22 more numpads to hit 50 (ouch!)
Need 16 more Tsangans to hit 50
Only at 6 ISO's might need to check with SP on pricing for under 25

Offline xun911

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 13:18:35 »
order ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 13:23:27 »
These order numbers are... underwhelming

That's unfortunate, this is a really attractive set.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Melanic

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 21:13:01 »

Order up guys!
Does this include the Orange PolyCarb on White ABS mods?

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 21 November 2013, 21:22:51 »
Need 28 more Mod (orange on white) to hit 50

Only 3 more to go until 25 is reached :D.  If everyone purchased two sets of Orange on White Modifiers to reach the 50 quantity, It would cost an extra $14.14 for the second set...
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 01:51:05 »
Not quite - you'd be paying $72 for 2 sets instead of $50 for 1 so $22 extra
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #249 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 02:44:01 »
Not quite - you'd be paying $72 for 2 sets instead of $50 for 1 so $22 extra

Did you take the currency exchange rate into account?

Also daylight saving?