Author Topic: Do you wash your new keycaps after receiving it?  (Read 15039 times)

Offline Austin Powers

Do you wash your new keycaps after receiving it?
« on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 01:35:55 »
I always wanted to ask this but afraid some people would say "it's a pointless thread".I'm sure out there, there's someone curious about this. So here it goes, do you put them on straight away or having patience to clean it and wait it to dry?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
Re: Do you wash your new keycaps after receiving it?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 01:40:27 »
I dunk them in rubbing alcohol for a few minutes and let them dry for an hour in the sun.

Imagine where the other persons hands have been >.<
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 01:51:02 »
Generally not.

Nearly all sets and individual key caps I get are new, and I tend to trust the sender.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 01:52:33 »
If they are from a GB, no.

If they're from another member, I soak them in warm soapy water for an hour shaking them once to twice and then let them air dry. Akimbo says to put them in a pillow  case and throw them in the dryer on low to speed up the process, but I've never been that impatient to put on a set of caps.

Somtimes I'll soak them over night if they are really dirty (like a used model M's caps seem to be)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:08:03 »
For a new set of keys, I wash them in warm soapy water and then air dry. Then I take paper towel with isopropyl alcohol and rub each keycap. Its not that I don't trust the sender, I don't really trust the manufacturing process. Plus, I'm a biology student so I can get paranoid about small details regarding germs.

Its still not as bad as when I received an old, used model M. Washed them with soap and water, left them in the soap water overnight, then clean with isopropyl alcohol. Repeat three times.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:10:02 »
For a new set of keys, I wash them in warm soapy water and then air dry. Then I take paper towel with isopropyl alcohol and rub each keycap. Its not that I don't trust the sender, I don't really trust the manufacturing process. Plus, I'm a biology student so I can get paranoid about small details regarding germs.

Its still not as bad as when I received an old, used model M. Washed them with soap and water, left them in the soap water overnight, then clean with isopropyl alcohol. Repeat three times.

My god, ever since I finished my biochem series I can't stand leaving food out even for 30 minutes.. I get OCD of germs at the microscopic level as well as scratches.. Wash my hands like 10 times a day >.<
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:15:34 »
How bout second hand keyboard?

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:25:41 »
I didn't wash my new key caps as they were... well... new.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:53:44 »
Yes I do. I use acetone to make sure that all the bacterias are gone lol
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 02:55:40 »
I work in IT, my body is impervious to germs picked up off of keyboards. Got sick constantly the first couple of years though  :mad:
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SoniStreet

• Mental Kings E-Sports Club
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:05:59 »
OP, I assume you mean second hand? Because I just ordered dark greys from WASDKEYBOARDS and they are factory-new, so there is no way I would need to clean them. it really sounds like you mean someone has used your keycaps, which in it's self doesn't really sound new.
FILCO Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:16:48 »
Nope.avi

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline oaklandishh

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:21:14 »
Not unless they look nasty. Think of all the little children in third world countries who are rolling in trash for fun and growing up fine. I think I will be  find  from a little second hand key cap usage.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:24:46 »
Not unless they look nasty. Think of all the little children in third world countries who are rolling in trash for fun and growing up fine. I think I will be  find  from a little second hand key cap usage.

Yeah my sister is one of those people that washes their hands constantly and uses that purell ****, consequently she has no immune system and is sick CONSTANTLY.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Austin Powers

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:42:36 »
OP, I assume you mean second hand? Because I just ordered dark greys from WASDKEYBOARDS and they are factory-new, so there is no way I would need to clean them. it really sounds like you mean someone has used your keycaps, which in it's self doesn't really sound new.

Thick PBT produced my imsto are counted as second hand keycaps?

I'm new to this though. I forgot to add in "how to wash thick pbt keycaps". Some plastic material resists certain chemical. Tried googling them but can't find them. :(

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 03:57:29 »
Fit them onto the keyboard, then immerse the whole thing in 2 feet of cold water with bleach in, making sure its connected to the PC and powered up so all that cleaning electricity can swill around.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 04:54:24 »
What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 04:55:59 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 September 2013, 05:09:17 by cactux »

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 04:56:28 »

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 05:03:01 »
Yes, I do generally.
It is because not only I need to clean bacteria but also I need to have the keycap shinier.
Usually, I dip the keycaps in dishwasher soap for about 30 minutes before I wash and clean them with a small toothbrush.
I like linear switches

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 06:30:56 »
So far I've only washed used keycaps. I just put them in hot soapy water for a while, scrub a little bit and rinse a few times then throw them in a sock and tie a knot in it and put it in the dryer on low for a bit.  :thumb:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 07:17:50 »
I always wash keycaps from second-hand boards.

Pull them off, mix a spoonful of powdered laundry detergent (I like Charlie's) and a spoonful of Oxi-Clean (or Biz) in a liter of hot water and soak for 20-30 minutes. Rinse several times (at least 3) in a wire strainer or colander.

I lay out a T-shirt on the bed, and "sling" each key once to throw the water out of the underside, and toss it aside. Within another 20-30 minutes they are dry and ready to use.

This is enough to perfectly clean 99% of any keys I have ever gotten, and I avoid heat.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 07:22:30 »
Nah, I don't clean them. I have a rock-solid immune system, eating of street food laced with unimaginable amounts of germs, dust and what not. :D

Offline quake4mhg

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:40:01 »
Yes yes. I wash at least 2 times, first with Lysol, second time with liquid detergent. No matter where I get it.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:46:00 »
Of course not, why on earth would anyone do that?

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:54:06 »
Surprisingly enough for me, IT person who always washes hands after touching someone elses keyboard, no except for when getting a complete keyboard (from ebay).  I guess I just do not want a dumpster dived keyboard.  Never thought about it getting second hand key caps.
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 21:32:49 »
I don't wash my caps when I receive it, expect one time there was a insect in the bag with the keycaps

Offline SoniStreet

• Mental Kings E-Sports Club
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 01:59:25 »
I don't wash my caps when I receive it, expect one time there was a insect in the bag with the keycaps

But that only happens with green key caps, coze they are made in the jungle.
FILCO Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 02:17:24 »

But that only happens with green key caps, coze they are made in the jungle.

The green ones are not ripe yet - leave them for a while and they turn red.,
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 02:19:59 »
Why would you do this? Real question, if they are factory direct what would washing them accomplish?

Offline mattics

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 02:55:01 »

My god, ever since I finished my biochem series I can't stand leaving food out even for 30 minutes.. I get OCD of germs at the microscopic level as well as scratches.. Wash my hands like 10 times a day >.<

I am surprised you guys are ok with keyboards, mice and desks given the amount of germs all over them  :))

But in all seriousness, is this not doing much more harm than good? Surely you are better off in the long run exposing yourself to harmless (or not very harmful) germs and letting your immune system get some "target practice" for when it needs to fight off what is potentially an illness? I hear that people who picked their nose (and eat it I presume) as a child (or still do as an adult) usually have a better immune system because of this.

Having said that I would 100% clean used keycaps though, just as I would shower every morning, or wash my hands after going to the toilet or otherwise getting them dirty. But just not 5 showers per day  :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 06:53:50 »
Why would you do this? Real question, if they are factory direct what would washing them accomplish?

Some people just like to clean everything and I suppose there could always be some dust or possible grease or oil residue depending on where they originate and also due to shipping etc.

Offline BliTzKiN

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 10:31:34 »
OCD :D

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 10:32:32 »
I don't even clean dirty, used caps. I just put them in a Ziploc bag, and stick them in my box.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 10:37:44 »
Only second-hand caps by soaking them in soapy water.  No reason to go crazy, as living in large cities my whole life, there is no way to avoid exposure to viruses and common bacteria while leading a normal life.  Keycaps aren't any worse than public transportation support handles and rails, etc. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 10:41:28 »
Yes yes. I wash at least 2 times, first with Lysol, second time with liquid detergent. No matter where I get it.

when i read this, i pictured you and ivanivanovich, side by side, cleaning keycaps together LOL

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 11:07:14 »
Fit them onto the keyboard, then immerse the whole thing in 2 feet of cold water with bleach in, making sure its connected to the PC and powered up so all that cleaning electricity can swill around.

same process, only I use acetone and bleach.

only buy pbt keys though, those silly abs melt away pretty quickly in that bath  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 11:51:07 »
I toss my caps into a bowl of warm water and add denture tabs. Wait 20 minutes. Longer if they're really dirty. Then let them sit on a towel in front of a fan to dry. Do this for caps I've typed on for a while (clean all my daily drivers about once a month) and for secondhand caps I get. Caps from GBs I don't bother with until I get them dirty.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 12:09:53 »
I toss my caps into a bowl of warm water and add denture tabs. Wait 20 minutes. Longer if they're really dirty. Then let them sit on a towel in front of a fan to dry. Do this for caps I've typed on for a while (clean all my daily drivers about once a month) and for secondhand caps I get. Caps from GBs I don't bother with until I get them dirty.

i have been wanting to try the denture tabs method. what brand do you go with? the thread on this site about the denture tabs had some whacked-ass sweedish denture tabs brand that doesnt exist in the US.

these tabs have a ton of chemicals in them and i just want to make sure i am not going to damage a set of WYSE and Model M caps that really need a good cleaning.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 12:16:32 »

i have been wanting to try the denture tabs method. what brand do you go with? the thread on this site about the denture tabs had some whacked-ass sweedish denture tabs brand that doesnt exist in the US.

these tabs have a ton of chemicals in them and i just want to make sure i am not going to damage a set of WYSE and Model M caps that really need a good cleaning.

I use generic denture tabs from Giant or Safeway.  They do a good job, but some keycaps will need a bit of extra scrubbing with a paper towel or rag to remove built-up crud.

They may have a lot of chemicals, but if they're safe enough to use on dentures, I suspect they're not going to harm keyboard caps.  Plus, they leave them with a nice minty-fresh smell.   ;D

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 13:07:07 »
Nope!

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 13:24:48 »
Yeah. I received some dirty caps a while ago and was appalled that the user didn't even bother to rinse the keys once. No one wants another persons finger grime with their keys!!

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 15:33:23 »
when i read this, i pictured you and ivanivanovich, side by side, cleaning keycaps together LOL

LOL indeed IvanIvanovich was Lysol.  Haha this made my day.

And no I never clean my keycaps, I only get keycaps new or from group buy which is also new.  It didn't cross my mind about the factory germs because otherwise you have to clean every new keyboard/mouse that you buy.

:P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline morflleh

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 00:45:19 »
i clean it with wet wipes only

Leopold FC700R
Pure Pro

Offline Dansor

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 11:14:15 »
Hmm... I never even thought of that up until now.

But now that you mention it... ugh... all those disgusting microbes and adorable water bears on my 2 precious second-hand keycaps...

I need to find some lysol!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 11:16:38 »
If it's new then no. But if it's a buy from someone then yes.
But I tend to wash them before sending them out if I were to sell them. ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 21:24:06 »
no............but i did stay at a holiday inn express :confused:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline scruffles

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 03:52:00 »
I lick them.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 04:10:16 »
Only when they are second hand. If the sender tells me they are clean / barely used etc. then I do not bother.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 05:32:04 »
I never wash my clacks, too scared