Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 580814 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (PLEASE CHECK ON YOUR NUMBER)
« Reply #1250 on: Tue, 01 September 2015, 19:15:01 »
Got my swag today

Show Image

Me too!  ;D The quality of the shirt is pretty good and it fits nicely.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1251 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:33:13 »
I've  made arrangements to meet with both the powdercoating company and an anodizing company the next two days. If possible I will see another company that does a Cerakote process. All are different, all offer advantages and disadvantages. All have told me that they have samples on site that I will at least be able to take pictures of. DrHubble has not shown pictures of the anodized Mira prototype because I still have it in hand for the companies to look at. As soon as I see them it will be shipped to him and he will show more pictures. Be excited, it's a great looking board!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1252 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 22:45:32 »
mfw clothing enthusiast gb
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1253 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 23:24:52 »

I went over the pictures and have a question hubbs. How are we mounting the plate to the case? It doesn't look like the bottom has accommodations for it unless you have the screws to attach both case halves go through the plate as well.  I don't remember seeing the top half of the case so maybe you had it attach there?

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1254 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 23:26:46 »
Show Image

I went over the pictures and have a question hubbs. How are we mounting the plate to the case? It doesn't look like the bottom has accommodations for it unless you have the screws to attach both case halves go through the plate as well.  I don't remember seeing the top half of the case so maybe you had it attach there?

Plate is mounted on the underside of the top casing.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline filphil

« Reply #1255 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 23:35:00 »
Show Image

Plate is mounted on the underside of the top casing.

A la KMAC2. Got it! Thanks frosty

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1256 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:23:29 »
Made it across the pacific ocean :D

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline ocodo

« Reply #1257 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:02:27 »
No letter for me in Singapore, and now I'm sad :(

Offline ocodo

« Reply #1258 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:03:54 »
I just (cleverly!) noticed that the demo case is winkeyless.... is this the only option,  because I love me my Super key.

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #1259 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:06:05 »
I just (cleverly!) noticed that the demo case is winkeyless.... is this the only option,  because I love me my Super key.

Both are being  offered. It's down abit in the op but info is there.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1260 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 01:25:44 »
I've  made arrangements to meet with both the powdercoating company and an anodizing company the next two days. If possible I will see another company that does a Cerakote process. All are different, all offer advantages and disadvantages. All have told me that they have samples on site that I will at least be able to take pictures of. DrHubble has not shown pictures of the anodized Mira prototype because I still have it in hand for the companies to look at. As soon as I see them it will be shipped to him and he will show more pictures. Be excited, it's a great looking board!
Cerakote would be so incredibly awesome, but I'm fairly sure it would come with a substantial price tag, if gun coatings are any indication - a full handgun goes for ~$150 and something AR-15 sized (probably closer to an entire keyboard in surface area) is in the $250 range. That said, you can get some seriously sweet colors and the finish is extremely durable, so it would certainly be an intriguing option for the Hubble Mira. Looking forward to seeing more - thanks for all your hard work ninjadoc!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #1261 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 04:01:48 »
Got my Mira swag today. Looks great, feels great and fits great. Lovely materials they've used for the garments.

Such a shame they had to screw up the print so badly by going the el cheapo route. This is going to scratch off the instant it gets touched by a seatbelt, a falling leaf or even a dirty look.

I'm surprised anyone is actually printing like this any more, especially a big name like Teespring.

Oh well, as long as the print is still there when the Mira shows up I'll deal with it.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1262 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:03:20 »
So I've made my tour and received an education on aluminum coatings. I'll briefly mention them and when I'm back in town (next Tudesday) I'll pontificate about the advantages and disadvantages of them. Until then - a reading assignment - https://www.saf.com/how-to-specify/how-to-decide-between-anodizing-painting-and-powder-coating/

First anodizing - I didn't make it there because I spent to much time at the cerakote place. I've talked to theanodizer on the phone, sent them pictures, asked questions, and found out their base colors - clear, black, red, blue, pewter, violet, green, gold - there is no color change charge associated with these but until I have or see samples I can't tell you how they look. There is a good chance they will be reasonable and they have a reputation of putting out a good product. We will see what they tell me and I'll try to see them next Friday.

Second - the cerakote place. I was impressed. So much so they have one of my keyboards to cerakote and in a week or so we will know what cerakote looks like on a keyboard. http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/ These are the colors that are available and you can read about cerakote on that site. Apparently there is a two week course in Oregon that you take in order to be "certified" in the application of cerakote. This is a small shop and he is willing to work with us on this. He can use a base color and fill in the engraving of the "Mira" with a different color. In reference to MythicalWagu's post the cost is less than coating a gun (remember they have to disassemble the gun, coat all the pieces, and reassemble it). It is durable, only 1 - 3 millionths of an inch thick,normally doesn't chip and is scratch resistant.

Third - powder coating. I saw them last Thursday and was not impressed by that shop. It will work, you can get a good product, but I won't give that place our business. There are a few others I will check out and get back to everyone on. In closing I found this site - http://www.prismaticpowders.com - which is an interesting variation on powder coating that is close by. I'm going to see one of their "certified applicators" when I return from my trip.

In closing there are some good options, and if we stick with basic colors they will be reasonable. Cerakote seems like it will give a great product and we'll know more after I get my board back. The basic anodizing colors would give us some unique boards but we need to see samples before we make that leap and see a price. Powder coating has been done in the past and looks good.Powder coating using the prismatic colors would truly produce some unique results. As soon as I know more you will.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1263 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:15:13 »
So I've made my tour and received an education on aluminum coatings. I'll briefly mention them and when I'm back in town (next Tudesday) I'll pontificate about the advantages and disadvantages of them. Until then - a reading assignment - https://www.saf.com/how-to-specify/how-to-decide-between-anodizing-painting-and-powder-coating/

First anodizing - I didn't make it there because I spent to much time at the cerakote place. I've talked to theanodizer on the phone, sent them pictures, asked questions, and found out their base colors - clear, black, red, blue, pewter, violet, green, gold - there is no color change charge associated with these but until I have or see samples I can't tell you how they look. There is a good chance they will be reasonable and they have a reputation of putting out a good product. We will see what they tell me and I'll try to see them next Friday.

Second - the cerakote place. I was impressed. So much so they have one of my keyboards to cerakote and in a week or so we will know what cerakote looks like on a keyboard. http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/ These are the colors that are available and you can read about cerakote on that site. Apparently there is a two week course in Oregon that you take in order to be "certified" in the application of cerakote. This is a small shop and he is willing to work with us on this. He can use a base color and fill in the engraving of the "Mira" with a different color. In reference to MythicalWagu's post the cost is less than coating a gun (remember they have to disassemble the gun, coat all the pieces, and reassemble it). It is durable, only 1 - 3 millionths of an inch thick,normally doesn't chip and is scratch resistant.

Third - powder coating. I saw them last Thursday and was not impressed by that shop. It will work, you can get a good product, but I won't give that place our business. There are a few others I will check out and get back to everyone on. In closing I found this site - http://www.prismaticpowders.com - which is an interesting variation on powder coating that is close by. I'm going to see one of their "certified applicators" when I return from my trip.

In closing there are some good options, and if we stick with basic colors they will be reasonable. Cerakote seems like it will give a great product and we'll know more after I get my board back. The basic anodizing colors would give us some unique boards but we need to see samples before we make that leap and see a price. Powder coating has been done in the past and looks good.Powder coating using the prismatic colors would truly produce some unique results. As soon as I know more you will.

Thanks for the info sir,  cerakote looks great!

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1264 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 21:45:46 »
Show Image

To answer your question and whet everyone's appetite

Offline filphil

« Reply #1265 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 22:29:02 »
I like how it has the mira star cutout in the plate. All the small things over the board =D

Offline Bucky

« Reply #1266 on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 22:43:24 »
The prismatic powder coating looking interesting but the cerakote option still intrigues me most. Even if color options were limited but we had the option to choose the infill color on the Mira that would be unique. Interested to see more updates on finishes.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1267 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 03:51:37 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I suppose the plate is going to be secured by pressure exerted from the top and bottom part of the case?
If the inner gap between the top and bottom case is slightly thicker than the plate, the plate won't be held firmly and there will be vibration?
If the plate is slightly thicker than gap between the top and bottom case, there will be large gap between the top bottom part when the board is assembled?
Even if the machining is perfect, but sandblasting and anodizing will still have an effect on the dimension.
Hmmmm. I am worried :rolleyes:
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1268 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 08:30:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I suppose the plate is going to be secured by pressure exerted from the top and bottom part of the case?
If the inner gap between the top and bottom case is slightly thicker than the plate, the plate won't be held firmly and there will be vibration?
If the plate is slightly thicker than gap between the top and bottom case, there will be large gap between the top bottom part when the board is assembled?
Even if the machining is perfect, but sandblasting and anodizing will still have an effect on the dimension.

Do you not see the screw holes? It is mounted to the top the same way the LZ boards and the OTD boards are.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1269 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 09:17:25 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you not see the screw holes? It is mounted to the top the same way the LZ boards and the OTD boards are.
I am sorry boss. I have never seen any OTD and LZ board.

Edit:
If you have screwed the plate to the top part of the case, how are you going to screw the bottom half?

This is what I meant.

110490-0

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:01:57 by yuktsi »

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1270 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:15:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I am sorry boss. I have never seen any OTD and LZ board.

Edit:
If you have screwed the plate to the top part of the case, how are you going to screw the bottom half?

This is what I meant.

(Attachment Link)

What? You have LZ and OTD in your signature!

Offline filphil

« Reply #1271 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:19:52 »
It looks like a screw will go from the bottom of the case through the plate and thread in to the top casing.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1272 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:22:02 »
It looks like a screw will go from the bottom of the case through the plate and thread in to the top casing.
Then that could be a problem. Hmmmm.
Especially when the plate is not held firmly by the top bottom of the case.
I really want this Mira and hope it will be good.
More
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:25:14 by yuktsi »

My collection

More

Offline filphil

« Reply #1273 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:31:15 »
I'm only going by the looks of it. It's possible that the prototype isn't 100% finished. In sure hubble and the gang have this under control. Ninja had multiple duck boards and hubble owned a 360c at one point.
Ninja is saying the mounting is like otd boards and I know you've had a few of those yourself. Were  those issues present with your ownership of the otd keyboards?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1274 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:40:03 »
I'm only going by the looks of it. It's possible that the prototype isn't 100% finished. In sure hubble and the gang have this under control. Ninja had multiple duck boards and hubble owned a 360c at one point.
Ninja is saying the mounting is like otd boards and I know you've had a few of those yourself. Were  those issues present with your ownership of the otd keyboards?
I am not sure about the older OTD and LZ, but none of my boards are mounted like that.
Perhaps ninja doc and hubble could show us more.
hmmmm

My collection

More

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1275 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:46:06 »

More

After reviewing the Mira you are correct in the attachment. I will address this with DrHubble and get back with everyone.

Offline filphil

« Reply #1276 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:52:17 »
And this, ladies and gents, is why this is in [IC] stage.  Glad we're trouble shooting and moving things along. 

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1277 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 13:44:42 »

More

After reviewing the Mira you are correct in the attachment. I will address this with DrHubble and get back with everyone.

Nylon washers or rubber O-rings on either side of the plate would help fill any gaps.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1278 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 20:47:03 »

More

Hubble is assembling the prototype now and we'll know how it fits. The prototype has clear anodizing, cerakote i believe will be equivalent, powder coating will add a little more thickness to it.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #1279 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 21:44:01 »
So spoiler, the Mira is awesome, and there is 0 rattle in the plate. Im not completely done assembling, but yall are going to love it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1280 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 21:49:00 »
So spoiler, the Mira is awesome, and there is 0 rattle in the plate. Im not completely done assembling, but yall are going to love it.

Can't wait!

Do you have a guesstimate on when the GB will open? Need to make sure I have enough room. I'm a little tight this month, but if it happens soon I can clear up some space...

Also, are we confirmed that Zealios will be part of this once it opens up? I'm ordering some Purple ones this month, but wanted to get some Zealio Clears on this board and wasn't sure whether I should order them now or wait 'til the Mira GB starts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2015, 23:00:20 by romevi »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1281 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 22:31:12 »
cerakote... cerakote... cerakote...

* Binge hopes this works like Beetlejuice.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1282 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 22:32:10 »
I thought everything worked like that

Cyan... Cyan... Cyan...

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1283 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 23:49:08 »

Do you have a guesstimate on when the GB will open? Need to make sure I have enough room. I'm a little tight this month, but if it happens soon I can clear up some space...

I'm kinda hoping October.... I have 3 paychecks in October  ;D

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #1284 on: Sat, 12 September 2015, 15:47:57 »
The board looks amazing. I so want in.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1285 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 10:47:35 »

I'm kinda hoping October.... I have 3 paychecks in October  ;D

Yeah, anyway to get a rough (or very rough) estimate on when the billing will start?
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1286 on: Sun, 13 September 2015, 21:50:15 »
Just curious if all the pre-order envelopes went out already.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 05:12:25 »

Doesn't sound like they mean anything based on the fact that they went out to the wrong people

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 09:18:58 »

Doesn't sound like they mean anything based on the fact that they went out to the wrong people

Ah, not a big deal. BTW the hoodie is keeping me warm while I stargaze :)

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #1289 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:01:27 »
Okay sorry for disapearing for a bit. I have been busy with a lot of stuff lately.

But without further ado, I present to you the Hubble Mira!

sorry i lost my card reader, so potatoes only for now :-[

okay so here is my unbiased review of the Mira prototype:

things that are great:
  • Its undeniably beautiful, i had friends stop by and without knowing what it was thought it was awesome
  • The weight is perfect. Not too heavy, not too light.
  • The pcb and plate fit great and mount securly to the case
  • There is no rattle or shaking in the plate when installed

things that will be fixed:
  • The blockers are too tall, so i had to mutilate a couple shift keycaps. Easy fix.
  • Minor spacing issues with the escape and left control keys
  • USB hole is not large enough and is slightly too far right (about a mm)
  • the screw threads are not deep enough on the weight, another easy fix
  • The anodizing on the board was done poorly, we have already chosen a different shop, so no worries here

I hope you are excited as I am! Once we confirm the fixes with the shop and nail down our coating options I will announce a start date for the GB!

As far as anodizing we have located a company that has given us very fair prices with the ability to create custom options. Essentialy how it will probably work is that there will be no charge for base colors (Gold, black, blue, green, red, violet, bronze, blue pewter, and titanium), and if there are 10 or more people who want a custom color, they can pay a small amount and we will get it made. Ninjadoc has samples from this shop, so you can see when he posts them what it should look like.

Offline Data

« Reply #1290 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:03:35 »
Sweet Baby Jesus...

It looks so sharp with Zealios.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1291 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:04:32 »
ouch the shifts
I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1292 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:09:42 »
Okay sorry for disapearing for a bit. I have been busy with a lot of stuff lately.

But without further ado, I present to you the Hubble Mira!

sorry i lost my card reader, so potatoes only for now :-[
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It's outta this world.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #1293 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:19:09 »
Feel like I'm living in the future... Gold Mira with purple zealios sounds like a plan

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1294 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:31:12 »
...those shifts...seriously?  :confused:  Wellp that's one less set of RA2.0 out there, guys.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #1295 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 12:45:54 »
very nice, Doc.

couple questions -
1. can we round the blockers to the same radius as the base? seems like those 90 degree corners could be problematic
2. is it possible to get a blank (non-anodized) case?
3. are we any closer to nailing down a price?

looks beautiful! can't wait for the GB to start. thanks again for all your hard work

Offline Bucky

« Reply #1296 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 13:31:55 »
Happy I sold my other keyboard to wait out the Mira, this looks really awesome. Excited to see what Ninjadoc has for samples.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #1297 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 13:56:47 »
...those shifts...seriously?  :confused:  Wellp that's one less set of RA2.0 out there, guys.

Well i didnt pay an outragous amount of money for a prototype that nobody could even use! It is the only keyset I had on hand so the sacrifice had to be made. Its nothing personal :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1298 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 13:57:38 »

Well i didnt pay an outragous amount of money for a prototype that nobody could even use! It is the only keyset I had on hand so the sacrifice had to be made. Its nothing personal :p

Shoulda bought a Tai Hao set or something, man!  :O

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #1299 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 13:58:29 »

Shoulda bought a Tai Hao set or something, man!  :O
I dont have money to spend on that right now  :))