Author Topic: [IC] 60% sized GHPad Case (ie 5-row)  (Read 2642 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
[IC] 60% sized GHPad Case (ie 5-row)
« on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 06:21:21 »
Looking to order some of these cases from i.materialise, they do free shipping on orders over 99 EUR so I'm hoping we can hit that mark and save some cash. This will be a 3D printed case in Polyamide which will then be dyed black and polished at the 3D printers. The case is sized to fit 5x4 GHPads - I might do the 6x4 layout later but there are already plenty of old numpads on Ebay you can hack apart for those cases in the mean time.

Price is $30USD + $3 PP fees + shipping

Hoping a couple of people can help me out and do proxying for US and UK people. If there are only a couple of orders per country I'll take care of it and post them from here but there is considerable money to be saved if we can organise proxies for larger orders. Let me know if you can help!
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 July 2014, 06:24:15 by bueller »
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Re: [IC] 60% sized GHPad Case (ie 5-row)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 06:39:26 »
+1
 :D
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 09:15:55 »
Tough crowd!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 10:37:46 »
How about doing a bundle deal? I would be interested if I had a PCB too... yes I know abo one, but it's a 6 row and I don't like the idea of snapping off the PCB if having one that is made 'right' is possible instead.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 10:48:55 »
How about doing a bundle deal? I would be interested if I had a PCB too... yes I know abo one, but it's a 6 row and I don't like the idea of snapping off the PCB if having one that is made 'right' is possible instead.

Actually I was thinking about this just earlier and I'm guessing there's still not too many people that actually have the PCB's at this point. Might see how much a small run of PCB's and plates will cost and then try again.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 10:56:28 »

Actually I was thinking about this just earlier and I'm guessing there's still not too many people that actually have the PCB's at this point. Might see how much a small run of PCB's and plates will cost and then try again.

Get with phatdood9 about the 5-row GHpad PCB. He had some made, and I'm guessing it would be cheaper to do a reorder than to pay setup costs for a new PCB run.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 10:59:10 »

Get with phatdood9 about the 5-row GHpad PCB. He had some made, and I'm guessing it would be cheaper to do a reorder than to pay setup costs for a new PCB run.

Cheers JD!