Author Topic: Pokémon GO!  (Read 117563 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Pokémon GO!
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 08:34:45 »
pokevision is dead :(

But I caught a Porygon at the weekend in Manchester. SO AWESOME. It's only like CP170 but whatever.

Also I just caught Lugia on Pokemon Silver after spending about 90 minutes trying to catch him. Good feeling.

I spent an hour trying to catch Articuno in Red last week. Forgot how tough they were in the older games.
Didn't catch it; fainted it and moved on.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #401 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 09:25:38 »
this level 20+ grind tho
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline R1N3

« Reply #402 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 09:31:50 »
this level 20+ grind tho
I'm level 30 now and I want to kill myself. Almost walked both of my dogs to death.. no snorlax no gyrados no mew or two.. I got pretty lucky on a single high cp dragonite with **** IV and a few near perfect IV vapes.. regardless, I don't wanna take one more step in this game.

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #403 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 09:45:35 »
Just imagine if you had actually walked those eggs instead of using bluestacks! Haha.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #404 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 09:47:07 »
this level 20+ grind tho
I'm level 30 now and I want to kill myself. Almost walked both of my dogs to death.. no snorlax no gyrados no mew or two.. I got pretty lucky on a single high cp dragonite with **** IV and a few near perfect IV vapes.. regardless, I don't wanna take one more step in this game.

i'm only level 22 and i'm just about fed up with this game. they nerfed pokeball success rates and increased the dodginess of the pokemon, so now i'm wasting upwards of 6-7 pokeballs sometimes on frickin ~100 CP weedles and pidgeys

not to mention now that pokevision is dead I can't find anything that's near me anymore, I could have gotten a lapras at work this morning if it was still up
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 August 2016, 09:48:49 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline R1N3

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 09:48:46 »
Just imagine if you had actually walked those eggs instead of using bluestacks! Haha.
Lol I never actually did that. I was trying out this thing I heard about called trolling. I knew it was against forum rules but mods were asleep so I got away with it xd

Offline mrhead

« Reply #406 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 10:09:57 »
Lol I never actually did that. I was trying out this thing I heard about called trolling. I knew it was against forum rules but mods were asleep so I got away with it xd

Oh....you mean people can lie on the internet?  I don't believe you!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 10:10:57 »
I've been playing since Day 1, level 30 now, caught 144 Pokes, however now that I've had to relocate again (!), there aren't as many Pokestops or Gyms near where I live, compound that with the recent "updates", I will start slowing down and takes things easy from here on.

Also, I think I have moved to the equivalent of Mt.Moon, have 5 Clefables all 1800+ CP. DOn't ask how many Zubats I've caught :/

Offline mrhead

« Reply #408 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 10:23:48 »
I've been playing since Day 1, level 30 now, caught 144 Pokes, however now that I've had to relocate again (!), there aren't as many Pokestops or Gyms near where I live, compound that with the recent "updates", I will start slowing down and takes things easy from here on.

Also, I think I have moved to the equivalent of Mt.Moon, have 5 Clefables all 1800+ CP. DOn't ask how many Zubats I've caught :/

You're located in Johannesburg?  Seems like a very interesting place to live.  I saw District 9 so I definitely know!

I have been surrounded by geodudes for the last few days.  Anywhere between 6-9 of them show up on the 'nearby' window.  When I catch one, another one seems to take its place (or fail to catch it after the recent updates).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #409 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 17:26:57 »
I spent an hour trying to catch Articuno in Red last week. Forgot how tough they were in the older games.
Didn't catch it; fainted it and moved on.

Man, I ended up looking up catching ratios to see what I could do to make it easier. Apparently there is a glitch in the 2nd generation where only sleep affects your ability to catch a pokemon, burn, freeze and paralysis don't affect them as they should.

Also the wiggle method with the buttons I believed as a kid is completely bogus hah.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #410 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 21:14:37 »
Haven't really had time to play, just vaguely following the ****show that is Niantic PR
I love Elzy

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #411 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 21:35:19 »
Pokémon GO is tough where I live; only a few poké-stops and 2 gyms. After a few weeks of playing (when time allows, that is) I'm only at level 8 with my beef-iest pokémon being around 300CP  :-[

Fun game though! Wish my town was more accepting of poké life  :rolleyes:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #412 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 01:24:42 »
You're located in Johannesburg?  Seems like a very interesting place to live.  I saw District 9 so I definitely know!

I have been surrounded by geodudes for the last few days.  Anywhere between 6-9 of them show up on the 'nearby' window.  When I catch one, another one seems to take its place (or fail to catch it after the recent updates).

I was in India for the last three months, then had to attend something in DC, so went their via London, that's when I caught Mr.Mime and a Tauros. Then flew back to Johannesburg. Have to go to India again after 3 months. This is so hectic, at least I get to travel across the land, searching far and wide.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #413 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 09:58:18 »

I was in India for the last three months, then had to attend something in DC, so went their via London, that's when I caught Mr.Mime and a Tauros. Then flew back to Johannesburg. Have to go to India again after 3 months. This is so hectic, at least I get to travel across the land, searching far and wide.

Like a true Pokemon trainer!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #414 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 11:00:28 »

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #415 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 11:46:14 »
Just hit lvl 20 today. Pretty good for a small town with only ~10 pokestops and 3 gyms within walking distance

Offline mrhead

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 11:54:01 »
Just hit lvl 20 today. Pretty good for a small town with only ~10 pokestops and 3 gyms within walking distance

Nice!  I'm also level 20.  My coworkers were talking about how they've managed to hold down a gym for 3 days without conflict (they're located in another area of town).  On my way back, I wiped out their entire team and took over the gym.  Hey, it's not my fault they chose the wrong team.

Offline E3E

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 17:38:41 »

I hit level 17 within the first week and then stopped playing. My first pokestop is 12 km away and gym is like 20 km. Nothing in walking distance and the game is too grindy to play alone over here, so it's like, eh. I don't even bother now.

If I lived closer to some areas, for sure.

And yeah, I was hooked like crazy at first. I spent $46 in the shop to get to that level, more or less. Though if I could do it again, I'd have just bought Lucky Eggs and a lot of Pokeballs and used them from the beginning. No incense.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 August 2016, 17:41:56 by E3E »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #418 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 10:30:36 »
There was a Snorlax across the street from my workplace, I walked over there to catch him and two ultra balls and a razzberry later he disappeared

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

then on the walk back 4 of my 5k eggs hatched

krabby, bellsprout, meowth and poliwag

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

RNGesus not being good to me today
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 August 2016, 10:32:10 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline mrhead

« Reply #419 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 10:39:08 »
There was a Snorlax across the street from my workplace, I walked over there to catch him and two ultra balls and a razzberry later he disappeared

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

then on the walk back 4 of my 5k eggs hatched

krabby, bellsprout, meowth and poliwag

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

RNGesus not being good to me today

Haha... don't feel bad.  With the update, I've had more low level pokemon (geodude, pidgey mostly) bolt on me after a razz and 1-2 balls thrown at them.

On a side note - I held that gym for most of the weekend (the one I snagged from my coworkers).

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 11:41:18 »
I was kinda annoyed, cuz my coworker got the GPS glitch just as we were getting ready to walk across the street, so he got the Snorlax before we even left our building.

Then I saw said Snorlax on the firehouse gym as I was on lunch, totally rekt it with my Vaporeon.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 14:43:51 »
I was kinda annoyed, cuz my coworker got the GPS glitch just as we were getting ready to walk across the street, so he got the Snorlax before we even left our building.

Then I saw said Snorlax on the firehouse gym as I was on lunch, totally rekt it with my Vaporeon.
I have 3 snorlaxes now, 2 out of 10k eggs, and 1 I caught wild.

sorry for your loss :p

Offline E3E

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 14:54:47 »
Haha, I caught three Snorlax in my neighborhood like the first week. I didn't realize I was lucky in that sense. Spawns haven't been as exciting since though.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #423 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 15:34:28 »
Decided to update and jump back in

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #424 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 06:48:02 »
Decided to update and jump back in

don't buy pokeballs, success rates have been "glitched" since the last update. takes like 10 pokeballs to catch a cp150+ pidgey sometimes, it's bull****

realized there was a new update, let's see what's "glitched" this time around
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 06:50:00 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #425 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 07:23:34 »
i recently started, im 11!

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #426 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 09:12:10 »
capture rates are still just as bad as before, I sent in a support request to Niantic threatening to charge back all my Pokecoin purchases since the previous update unless I get an explanation/response/ETA on a fix. I doubt I'll get a response, but I figure it's at least worth a try.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #427 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:20:14 »
Decided to evolve my first pokemon

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 18:48:33 »
Show Image

When you evolve Eevee again, change the name to Rainer or Pyro first. That's how you'll get Vaporeon and Flareon.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #429 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:03:58 »
Finally hit level 29 last night. The grind to 30 will be fun.

Can't wait to capture those max cp wild mons.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #430 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:04:35 »
Man, I'm still on 9.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 20:17:43 »
Show Image

When you evolve Eevee again, change the name to Rainer or Pyro first. That's how you'll get Vaporeon and Flareon.

They patched that like 4 weeks ago!

Offline E3E

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 20:31:21 »

Yeah, but the cap is 40. If you wan't that true max CP, it's gonna be a couple lightyears away, as they say at the Pewter City gym :P

Offline raymogi

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 20:40:45 »

Yeah, but the cap is 40. If you wan't that true max CP, it's gonna be a couple lightyears away, as they say at the Pewter City gym :P

Yeah but for now it's capped at 30 for wild mons. In the future of course that will change.

Offline E3E

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 20:51:36 »

Yeah but for now it's capped at 30 for wild mons. In the future of course that will change.

Oh, that's really interesting. So the CP scaling cap is bound to level 30? I had no idea. Congrats then.  :thumb: Game is such a grind to play, but I'd definitely be more into it if I had the chance to play often with friends.

Are hatched pokemon able to exceed this then?

Offline raymogi

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 20:58:13 »

Oh, that's really interesting. So the CP scaling cap is bound to level 30? I had no idea. Congrats then.  :thumb: Game is such a grind to play, but I'd definitely be more into it if I had the chance to play often with friends.

Are hatched pokemon able to exceed this then?

Yeah for now it's capped at 30. It definitely is a grind. I'm in permanent egg and incense mode cause where I live there's not many stops around.

Hatched mons are capped at 20.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #436 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:49:19 »
I've got 2 Pokestops just behind the office, one on the corner opposite at the front, and one on the corner in the opposite direction also at the front.

I can get the two behind the office most times (near where I sit, too), but the front ones are just a bit too far away.

At home there is one about 5 minutes walk away, and that's it :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 06:12:18 »
Show Image

They patched what? Because that's still how you can guarantee which one it evolves into.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 06:14:54 »
capture rates are still just as bad as before, I sent in a support request to Niantic threatening to charge back all my Pokecoin purchases since the previous update unless I get an explanation/response/ETA on a fix. I doubt I'll get a response, but I figure it's at least worth a try.

Just asking, you know how to make Great curved throws right?

Offline mrhead

« Reply #439 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 09:23:51 »
Show Image

They patched what? Because that's still how you can guarantee which one it evolves into.

They have NOT patched this.  I've evolved 3 Eevee into one of each successfully with the name changes.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #440 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 10:49:54 »

Just asking, you know how to make Great curved throws right?

does that actually have an impact on capture success rates? Niantic themselves openly admitted that capture success rates were "glitched" after the throw accuracy update from 8/4, which seems consistent even through this latest update.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #441 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 10:55:58 »
Show Image

They have NOT patched this.  I've evolved 3 Eevee into one of each successfully with the name changes.
They didn't patch it. That's what I did with this one just switched the name back. Did they say they were going to patch it? Seems odd that they would out it in only to take it out.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 10:57:27 »
Show Image

They didn't patch it. That's what I did with this one just switched the name back. Did they say they were going to patch it? Seems odd that they would out it in only to take it out.

it works a limited number of times then cannot be used again. it worked for my first two of each eevee evolve type, then hasn't worked since
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 11:17:28 »
Show Image

it works a limited number of times then cannot be used again. it worked for my first two of each eevee evolve type, then hasn't worked since
Seems like a dumb decision to put in only to take out.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:35:18 »
pretty sure they never took it out, it's always been that way
tp thread is tp thread

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:51:24 »
The reason that the name change is in there is it was in the old games and the show (or movie? idr). It's not something that they would patch, that just doesn't make sense.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 18:21:58 »
The reason that the name change is in there is it was in the old games and the show (or movie? idr). It's not something that they would patch, that just doesn't make sense.
It's from the show and I agree it just doesn't make any sense to put it there in the first place if they planned to take it out.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 18:23:25 »
It was never taken out, it just doesnt work if you already have all 3.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 18:24:07 »
This seems like the most logical reason

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 19:01:27 »

Really disappointed that I got my Flareon already then. I coulda used another Vaporeon or 2