Khers' LZ Masterpiece
10 (29.4%)
Kwerdenker's TGR/Singa Unikorn
10 (29.4%)
Tyson's Noxary X60
14 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: Tue, 17 December 2019, 12:06:58

Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - November - Vote!  (Read 15770 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - November - Vote!
« on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 12:06:58 »
So evening all, welcome to the poll for November, we've had a LOAD of boards nominated this month, all of them awesome in their own way. I'll be honest, i picked a couple of these because we were so swamped with nominations, i think we are foregoing the other parts of the process! But anyway, here they are:

Khers' LZ Masterpiece

Some beautiful photos here

Kwerdenker's TGR/Singa Unikorn

More of their photos can be found here

Tyson's Noxary X60

Full shoot can be found in the GMK DMG thread here

As always, the poll will last for 7 days. Good luck all!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: Keyboard of the Month - November - Vote!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 12:54:09 »
This will be hella hard! :confused:

Second to last KOTM as well so KOTY is closing in! This has been a crazy year and A LOT of great entries. Like for real, 2019 has been THE year for this community.

Edit: We need a list of most wins per maker. I feel Noxary had a lot of winners last year...
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 December 2019, 16:32:10 by funderburker »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 15:59:48 »
Yeah this is a hard one for sure. Interested to see how it plays out.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 11:30:46 »
This will be hella hard! :confused:

Second to last KOTM as well so KOTY is closing in! This has been a crazy year and A LOT of great entries. Like for real, 2019 has been THE year for this community.

Edit: We need a list of most wins per maker. I feel Noxary had a lot of winners last year...

We had 2 X60s win this year. As for nominations, I'd have to delve deeper.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 02:43:27 »
Nice boards but ignoring lightint there's not a lot of colour.  And still only one full bottom row!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 05:28:23 »
Nice boards but ignoring lightint there's not a lot of colour.  And still only one full bottom row!

Is there requirements what dictates a KOTM entry? I do agree that there's not a lot of colour but classics are great for a reason.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 07:14:38 »

Is there requirements what dictates a KOTM entry? I do agree that there's not a lot of colour but classics are great for a reason.

Requirements are simple - the board has to be first posted (finished and working) in the month It's nominated.  Someone nominates it, if others agree and it gets in the top 3 counting +1s it gets in the final vote.

So if you see a board you like nominate it, now easier as you don't have to wait 'til the end of the month for there to be a thread.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 08:22:59 »

Requirements are simple - the board has to be first posted (finished and working) in the month It's nominated.  Someone nominates it, if others agree and it gets in the top 3 counting +1s it gets in the final vote.

So if you see a board you like nominate it, now easier as you don't have to wait 'til the end of the month for there to be a thread.

Oh, I know the real requirements, I was more asking you if the uncolourful and non-full bottom row boards somehow aren't worthy to be nominated. But yeah, it's just a trend and coincidence. What I think though is that KOTM doesn't get enough exposure and mostly (but katushkin probably knows better) voters are the same people each month. It's not bad but our preferences may make KOTM look a bit stale.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 08:33:52 »

Oh, I know the real requirements, I was more asking you if the uncolourful and non-full bottom row boards somehow aren't worthy to be nominated. But yeah, it's just a trend and coincidence. What I think though is that KOTM doesn't get enough exposure and mostly (but katushkin probably knows better) voters are the same people each month. It's not bad but our preferences may make KOTM look a bit stale.

FWIW this month I voted for Tyson's X60 specifically because of how much planning and effort went into it. I don't know if the other two boards up for nomination have similar backstories.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 09:40:24 »
Oh, thanks for the nomination!

Some really nice keyboards in contention this month!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 09:57:53 »
SDU + WKL TKL, how can I not vote for that? Overall the boards look great, I was very tempted to vote for the X60. I always have a hard time voting for an ISO board, that big enter is an eyesore.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 10:07:58 »
SDU + WKL TKL, how can I not vote for that? Overall the boards look great, I was very tempted to vote for the X60. I always have a hard time voting for an ISO board, that big enter is an eyesore.

I don't like you. ISO is just fine.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 10:13:53 »

I don't like you. ISO is just fine.

:p

I'm sure it doesn't impede any productivity but it just stands out like a sore thumb.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 16:27:31 »

Someone reading my reply didn't, random discussion bumps = more exposure which is good :thumb:

Personally I rarely vote for the winner, I have my criteria but they clearly don't align with the current voters!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline richfiles

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 21:11:17 »
I'm starting to feel like my vote is cursed! I haven't picked a winner in ages!  :rolleyes:
Well... That's not entirely true...
All these keyboards are winners! They're friggin' amazing, and it's so hard to pick between them all!  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 21:13:30 by richfiles »
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)