Author Topic: [GB (almost) CANCELLED] BSP DYE SUB  (Read 99067 times)

Offline mbc

• -delete-
Re: [GB (almost) CANCELLED] BSP DYE SUB
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 05:26:35 »
I have to say, that this whole thing appears to be a giant cluster****, with all ppl involved.
BSP not being true to their word
Sherry claiming possession over something he doesn't have
The organiser being unable to resolve the issue with the participants
And the participants filing paypal disputes knowing this would only worsen everything

What a shame

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 05:33:52 »
I have to say, that this whole thing appears to be a giant cluster****, with all ppl involved.
And the participants filing paypal disputes knowing this would only worsen everything

What a shame

It is a shame, I didn't dispute with paypal, I was hoping things would work out. I wonder about if his account is suspended, would the refund be able to go back into paypal? I'm not sure if the OP paid directly through them or not.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 05:54:31 »
Assuming you guys will all get your refunds eventually, it certainly won't be the full amount. It's past paypal's refund time frame, which means kboardvintage will have to make refund payments on a different transactions. He can't refund the initial paypal fees. For fairness, the question is who will take the hit on this second paypal fee on the refund payment.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 07:53:39 »

What a shame
sorry but sherryton does have possession over it. If he didn't BSP wouldn't have cancelled the orders. Also if you look at the model identifiers for the keys it has his name in it lol.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 08:18:13 »
My impression was Sherry made an order for X amount, reaching MOQ. BSP started producing and when vintage approached BSP about samples, he was offered the same items being produced. BSP then modify X to X+19 to accommodate for the new total. Sherry seeing this unfair treatment by BSP (no/lower MOQ for vintage) and contacted them about it. Obviously I don't know what he said, but I'm under the impression it's something like "Don't sell those sets or I demand a refund on all of my orders" to hold enough weight that BSP went back on their transaction with vintage, after the keycaps were paid for already.

I'm pretty sure the thing with Sherry's name is just the order code, something to identify the items. So yes it was his order, but it wasn't Sherry's items in the sense that he ordered those 19 sets. It's not like BSP took sets from Sherry and sold them to vintage. They simply produced more of the same items, hence why options were limited and the only different item offered at the time were blank sets.

The above is my impression based on the whole ordeal, no I do not have proof to back up what I'm saying, this is just my speculation.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 08:40:11 »
I find it weird that BSP recalled keyboardvintage's order at all unless Sherry paid to have his order exclusive beforehand.

For instance, when I order things at work we always pay an extra fee so that the items are exclusive and under NDA. Otherwise they could make our pats to others, distribute our drawings, create knockoffs etc. I find it hard to believe Sherry ordered this and if so, BSP is doing it purely out of good will to Sherry. They are more likely to want the entity who made the large order to be happy rather than break the contract of the smaller order. They honoured something they in no way had to honour unless specified, and instead cancelled the other order. Was there any specification on the invoice regarding cancellations keyboardvintage? You should be able to get compensation out of that if it.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 09:40:00 »
How the FXXK do you do business if you tell one customer you have to meet MOQ and then tell another one customer he doesn't need to?  HOW?  BSP sets the rules and they need to enforce and honor it.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 09:52:52 »
Wow this is weird. So if I was sherry I would demand that BSP not let another person piggy back on my MOQ. Just saying its business and no one else was willing to put up the money. Sherry has done a lot to bring many cool things to the community and invested his own money. So we repay him by cutting him out of loop on his own order lol.
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 09:57:03 »
I don't understand why people toss around such strong statements, like someone is repaying someone bad for good and all that.  It's not like this was done with a malicious intent.  Where small communities are involved, I think it'd be better to work together on this where such a situation arises.  The real victims here are the people who paid to get dye sub PBT sets by BSP and are now out of money and without a clear perspective.  And perhaps kboardvintage if he's going to lose money on this too.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 17:13:52 »
I don't understand why people toss around such strong statements, like someone is repaying someone bad for good and all that.  It's not like this was done with a malicious intent.  Where small communities are involved, I think it'd be better to work together on this where such a situation arises.  The real victims here are the people who paid to get dye sub PBT sets by BSP and are now out of money and without a clear perspective.  And perhaps kboardvintage if he's going to lose money on this too.

I find it weird that BSP recalled keyboardvintage's order at all unless Sherry paid to have his order exclusive beforehand.

For instance, when I order things at work we always pay an extra fee so that the items are exclusive and under NDA. Otherwise they could make our pats to others, distribute our drawings, create knockoffs etc. I find it hard to believe Sherry ordered this and if so, BSP is doing it purely out of good will to Sherry. They are more likely to want the entity who made the large order to be happy rather than break the contract of the smaller order. They honoured something they in no way had to honour unless specified, and instead cancelled the other order. Was there any specification on the invoice regarding cancellations keyboardvintage? You should be able to get compensation out of that if it.

There seems to be 2 separate things going on:
1.  Keyboardvintage's order wouldn't have existed without Sherryton's initial MOQ order.
As a business, if i paid to produce the said item, and someone piggy backs on my order, you'll be sure i'd be upset.
BSP screwed up and tried to sell a product line that someone else put into order.
Sherryton found out and instead of losing his MOQ order which he has every right to cancel, they cancelled keyboardvintage's order.

2.  People are now upset that their $$ is held up.  This is keyboardvintage trying to negotiate with BSP to authorize the order.
BSP already said they were going to cancel his order, he's trying to get them to honor it.
This is what's holding up the $$ side on refunds.  He's still trying to get this GB to be processed, so he hasn't formally asked BSP to refund the $$ as shown from his post:
So for those who want their  money back asap, I cannot do anything about this. I understand your position but the money is still at BSP's hands. I am trying to keep this GB going, because WE have the right to get what we purchased. They do not have the right to cancel an order based on NOTHING, although some would argue this was sherry whatsoever, well they offered me a product, I purchase it, end of the discussion about jumping on others MOQ, I didn't ask for that, I initially request for samples.. .
As the Contract of Sales of goods states (under the european normative, this is a clear breach of contract, and so far I am trying to persuade them that what they are doing is not legit.

Again i don't know exactly how the court system handles these types of things in Europe, but if OP's going to go after BSP legally, I'd predict this would take a long ass time to settle.
Also the amount of $$ talked about in this situation for the US Legal system would be handled in Small Claims court if that. 
Does OP deserve some compensation from BSP for them ****ing up?  Absolutely. 
And it looks like BSP is trying to do that with this:
About the blank orders, I do not know why Sherry keeps saying that those would be cancelled. So Sherry, please, do not keep screwing up things here. The blank sets are NOT canceled. Actually BSP is trying to send me the Blank + RGB blank with 1 set of each color (DYESUB sets) which is not acceptable for me, because is not what I purchased.
So it looks like BSP is trying to correct the problem with the Blank orders that seem to be able to go through, and giving OP a set of each dyesub color.
I assume they will refund the other purchase $$.

Is OP directing his anger at the wrong person?  I think so. 
Could OP handle this a bit better instead of attacking sherryton?  I'd say yes, but he decided instead to attack sherryton.
Conclusion: Sherry, u are giving me a HUGE headache with this situation, and I really hope that u can have a lovely bath with your 400sets. Plus the MOQ stated by BSP was a big bull**** (yes, I got quotations for 25, 50 and 100 MOQ ;), deal with it :D)

Btw for those who are arguing that MOQ shouldn't matter, the additional orders shouldn't make a difference, I have to ask you why do you think SP doesn't sell our GB item orders directly to other people?  Why doesn't SP overproduce some sets and sell them from their store?  Why doesn't SP sell the keys that are on sale from techkeys or keypop?  Don't let your personal bias with sherryton blind you on the fact that BSP made this error, its up to them to fix it.

Offline litster

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 19:14:20 »
ProjectD is a good man and a smart man.

Offline kboardvintage

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 06:40:08 »
OP updated.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 11:54:20 »

2x

Whatever personal beef you have with sherry doesn't apply (he's not a perfect businessman, however, he's gotten better). Simply ask yourself, if you were in sherry's shoes, what would you have done? I would have done the same
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 12:01:28 »

2x

Whatever personal beef you have with sherry doesn't apply (he's not a perfect businessman, however, he's gotten better). Simply ask yourself, if you were in sherry's shoes, what would you have done? I would have done the same

i wouldnt have only because i would rather this community love me as a business man rather than squeeze every penny.  but in reality BSP is the bad guy in this case, not Sherry.  IF they promised something they should follow through, even if they screwed up.  They messed up the MOQ.

now if SHERRY owned the legends to these sets that would be a different situation.

i asked myself this:  would |3oilermaker have done this? i doubt it... i dont know for a fact but that would be my guess.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #214 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 12:10:09 »

2x

i asked myself this:  would |3oilermaker have done this? i doubt it... i dont know for a fact but that would be my guess.

i love techkeys as much as the next guy, but has techkeys ordered a full keyboard set by themselves??
I think the TMNT set is the 1st one he's doing, and he turned that into a GB to offset some of the cost.
the fullsets he sells are ones he buys off the various GBs.

different situations, hard to say how someone will act.
but if a 400 MOQ order at say 80 a set (im guessing), that's $32,000 we're talking about here.
if i dropped $32K on an order you're damn sure i'd make sure im the only one who should have the rights to sell it.

Offline litster

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 12:13:51 »
I asked myself this: if <insert any name> spent tens of thousands dollars of his or her own money on an order with BSP to meet the BSP-imposed MOQ, would <insert same name here> have contacted BSP to ask them WTF and ask them to fix the fxxkup they created?  I bet your ass that he or she would.  I don't know for a fact but that would be my guess.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 12:19:02 »

I asked myself this: if <insert any name> spent tens of thousands dollars of his or her own money on an order with BSP to meet the BSP-imposed MOQ, would <insert same name here> have contacted BSP to ask them WTF and ask them to fix the fxxkup they created?  I bet your ass that he or she would.  I don't know for a fact but that would be my guess.

You better believe that's a paddlin'!

Offline Topre

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 14:09:27 »

Nope, I would have cancelled my order on the spot. No second chance for that big of a **** up.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 14:10:56 »

Nope, I would have cancelled my order on the spot. No second chance for that big of a **** up.
I don't think you would've. BSP have some of the most desired keycaps in the world. It's not as if Sherry could've just gone to another company and got the same keycaps. BSP is the one and only source - if he wants the keycaps he must do business with them even if they do **** up.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Topre

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 14:13:46 »

I don't think you would've. BSP have some of the most desired keycaps in the world. It's not as if Sherry could've just gone to another company and got the same keycaps. BSP is the one and only source - if he wants the keycaps he must do business with them even if they do **** up.

Actually, I would have. I care about ethics more than money. Also, how much money can Sherry be making by selling keycaps? I'm sure 400 sets will take over a year to sell. There are much faster ways to make profits if he is actually looking for money.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #220 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 14:16:20 »
Actually, I would have. I care about ethics more than money. Also, how much money can Sherry be making by selling keycaps? I'm sure 400 sets will take over a year to sell. There are much faster ways to make profits if he is actually looking for money.
Well in that case you'd fail to deliver what the customer wants. Sometimes you have to tolerate mistakes, even if they are larges ones, in order to gain a superior product.

If Sherry wasn't making a good profit do you think he'd pour money into these high MOQs?
github

Offline Topre

« Reply #221 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 14:23:24 »
Well in that case you'd fail to deliver what the customer wants. Sometimes you have to tolerate mistakes, even if they are larges ones, in order to gain a superior product.

If Sherry wasn't making a good profit do you think he'd pour money into these high MOQs?

I don't doubt he will be making good profits. But it will take a while before he breaks even and start making profit. I don't own any keycap companies so I don't know exactly how many he would sell. But he is selling more than one set of keycaps anyway, so it's not like that is his only product he needs to get rid of. At $95 (not sure about this), how long will it take him to sell enough sets and break even? After he sells everything his profits won't be more than three quarters of what he spent. There are much faster ways to earn money if he was actually looking to.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #222 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 14:44:59 »
Vendors/hobbyist salespersons need to keep in touch with their buyers.

I know we all have a million things going on like life,work and selling keycaps. But if you want that 2nd "hobby" business to work you better be ready for ridicule. And its good customer service to keep us informed.

If you can't handle a second business or side job then DON'T DO IT!

This is just an observation from a newb getting used to group buys.

But i build boats and do HVAC on the side so i know when i'm over my head. Some vendors don't.

Offline litster

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 15:30:15 »

I don't doubt he will be making good profits. But it will take a while before he breaks even and start making profit. I don't own any keycap companies so I don't know exactly how many he would sell. But he is selling more than one set of keycaps anyway, so it's not like that is his only product he needs to get rid of. At $95 (not sure about this), how long will it take him to sell enough sets and break even? After he sells everything his profits won't be more than three quarters of what he spent. There are much faster ways to earn money if he was actually looking to.

Topre, it is pretty obvious from your posts that you have no idea what you are talking about.  What's so unethical being done here?  You would have canceled your order if you were Sherryton?  How funny! 

"oh crap, I paid BSP tens of thousands of dollars to order up to MOQ that BSP requires for any order, and then someone else rides my order's coattail and don't have to order up to MOQ, I must now cancel my big order because that is the ethical thing to do."  Yes, that makes soooooo much sense.

Offline litster

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 15:31:52 »
Vendors/hobbyist salespersons need to keep in touch with their buyers.

I know we all have a million things going on like life,work and selling keycaps. But if you want that 2nd "hobby" business to work you better be ready for ridicule. And its good customer service to keep us informed.

If you can't handle a second business or side job then DON'T DO IT!

This is just an observation from a newb getting used to group buys.

But i build boats and do HVAC on the side so i know when i'm over my head. Some vendors don't.

Who are you referring to? 

Offline Topre

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 15:33:59 »

Topre, it is pretty obvious from your posts that you have no idea what you are talking about.  What's so unethical being done here?  You would have canceled your order if you were Sherryton?  How funny! 

"oh crap, I paid BSP tens of thousands of dollars to order up to MOQ that BSP requires for any order, and then someone else rides my order's coattail and don't have to order up to MOQ, I must now cancel my big order because that is the ethical thing to do."  Yes, that makes soooooo much sense.

How is what BSP did not unethical? They are telling two people different numbers for MOQ. Everyone should be following the same MOQ, but yet they are doing this for greed. They wanted to make a few extra bucks so they tell one person that there is no MOQ and he is fine to order what ever he likes.

Offline litster

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 15:46:21 »

How is what BSP did not unethical? They are telling two people different numbers for MOQ. Everyone should be following the same MOQ, but yet they are doing this for greed. They wanted to make a few extra bucks so they tell one person that there is no MOQ and he is fine to order what ever he likes.

Topre, you really don't have a clue what you are talking about.  You have all the subjects mixed up.  Re-read what you posted.  Made the font larger for you in case you don't find what you said that contradicts yourself.

Offline Topre

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 15:58:47 »

Topre, you really don't have a clue what you are talking about.  You have all the subjects mixed up.  Re-read what you posted.  Made the font larger for you in case you don't find what you said that contradicts yourself.

I'm reading, can you make it bigger? Anyway I guess I made it confusing about what I was talking about. If I was Sherryton, I would have cancelled my orders because I prefer to not work with an unethical company.

Offline litster

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 16:31:49 »
I'm reading, can you make it bigger? Anyway I guess I made it confusing about what I was talking about.

Or you have no idea what you are talking about and doing an about face now.

If I was Sherryton, I would have cancelled my orders because I prefer to not work with an unethical company.

Right.  Because it makes soooooo much sense:

"oh crap, I paid BSP tens of thousands of dollars to order up to MOQ that BSP requires for any order, and then someone else rides my order's coattail and don't have to order up to MOQ, I must now cancel my big order because BSP screws.  I must now ask for a refund for what I already ordered, lose money on exchange rate both ways, lose money on return shipping, and send all the goods I received from BSP back, like nothing happened."

You are so smart.

Offline Topre

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 16:46:27 »
I'm reading, can you make it bigger? Anyway I guess I made it confusing about what I was talking about.

Or you have no idea what you are talking about and doing an about face now.

If I was Sherryton, I would have cancelled my orders because I prefer to not work with an unethical company.

Right.  Because it makes soooooo much sense:

"oh crap, I paid BSP tens of thousands of dollars to order up to MOQ that BSP requires for any order, and then someone else rides my order's coattail and don't have to order up to MOQ, I must now cancel my big order because BSP screws.  I must now ask for a refund for what I already ordered, lose money on exchange rate both ways, lose money on return shipping, and send all the goods I received from BSP back, like nothing happened."

You are so smart.

I never really did an about-face. I been ****ting on BSP since page 6.

I don't think BSP shipped the stuff to Sherryton at the time he found out that they were sharing the same production thing. I wouldn't mind losing a bit on exchange rate, but there is nothing to be lost from shipping. If the stuff was already shipped, then that would have been my last business deal with BSP.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 July 2013, 16:48:34 by Topre »

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #230 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 11:38:50 »
Any news/updates?

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 20:53:27 »
Any news/updates?

his update in the OP on 7/5:

About BSP, the people responsible of dealing with my order are now on holidays (as they just told me via phone) and will be back somewhere end of July. I have already request a full refund, but apparently within the "backup" team left, no accountant is present...so SURPRISE, your money is still at BSP's hands, at least until August.

I will be off on holidays for the becoming 3 weeks, but I will connect once in awhile to update here, if necessary.

So 3 weeks i'd say end of july for any news

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 00:51:14 »

lol, lets not act like boiler is a saint.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 02:34:49 »
How i can refund money ?  :(

G.B go to the Refund Prograss ?

LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 12:47:52 »
any word on refunds?

Offline alixinhzai

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 18:58:30 »
And now Aug, any update Vintage?

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #236 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 05:40:05 »
I'm hoping for some good news soon...

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #237 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 09:14:07 »
Still waiting for refund..

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 09:18:41 »
An update is needed.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 09:25:13 »
He's not logged in since July 5th.  Doesn't seem to be actively resolving the situation.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #240 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 09:36:58 »
He's not logged in since July 5th.  Doesn't seem to be actively resolving the situation.

Wonder if is ' 3 week holiday' was extended??  ???

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 11:58:34 »
There probably still isn't anything he can do. BSP are most likely still holding the money.
github

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 12:41:38 »
I"m terribly sorry to see a group buy practically totally destroyed like that. I feel deeply sorry for all parties involved. Still, I think it was a mistake to rush too quickly into this group buy. There are probably some communication and other errors along the way leading to nothing getting done.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 18:07:36 »
This is one long vacation he is taking...

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 22:25:49 »
I emailed him, hopefully he responds.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:08:14 »
Well, 3 emails later, and a big fat nothing.

I guess most people got their money back from paypal earlier. Those who held out like me, trusting the OP are SOL it seems.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 18:49:21 »

I guess most people got their money back from paypal earlier. Those who held out like me, trusting the OP are SOL it seems.

Sadly it seemed he got balled by paypal and in the front page he said to start a chargeback and he'd take the hit as a "scammer" they locked his account and everything, maybe you can call paypal
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 19:36:09 »

I feel your pain sleepy :\

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 21:04:26 »
Oh well, what should I do then? I paid via bank transfer :/

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 27 August 2013, 21:35:49 »

I feel your pain sleepy :\

This and the Prof's GB is why I'm not going to do any more groupbuys anytime soon.

Oh well, what should I do then? I paid via bank transfer :/

We can be SOL together.  :p