Author Topic: [IC] MW Pavilion | GB is Live! Sept 23-Oct 24  (Read 21595 times)

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
[IC] MW Pavilion | GB is Live! Sept 23-Oct 24
« on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 16:44:19 »

GB: Sept 23 – Oct 24 2022
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2022, 16:56:18 by Cylent »

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | A New Set Emerges
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 16:45:15 »
Updates:
05/07/22 | Alt Base Kit Question added to IC form
05/13/22 | Kitting Changes! (Click More to see all kitting changes)
More
-Alternate Base Kit with Cherry-style legends added
-Removed Numpad Kit and placed Numpad in both base kits.
-Separated Mod Novelties from Accent Kits.
-Added 3 R1 Novelties to Mod Novelties.
-Removed 40s accents from accent kits
-Added 40s accent novelties to 40s Kit
-Removed 1u shift from Base and added to 40s
-Added R1 Side-profile butterfly/moth novelties to accent kits
-Added Cherry-style accent arrows to accent kits

05/18/22 | Added Cherry Legend Board Renders
06/06/22 | Updated 40s Kitting
More
-Changed serif icons in 40s Kit to Mod novelties.

06/13/22 | Full Vendors Announced!
07/18/22 | NorDe Kit Updated, UK Iso now in Base
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2022, 10:52:26 by Cylent »

Offline snicket

• Formerly lucalink
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 17:04:06 »
Looks Great! GLWIC :thumb:

Offline Backspace2

• Third most used key on the keyboard is Backspace!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 18:57:40 »
Font isn't my favorite, but I like the accents GLWIC  :thumb:
Yes

Offline Esperianterra

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 08:58:42 »
I LOVE the idea of a muted set that can match any colors accents.

Add a morpho and you will be getting so much money out of me holy ****. (Morphos are my favorite butterflies, followed directly by monachs and luna moths...)

(im in danger)

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 20:59:37 »
Ooh, great set! GLWIC!

Offline Heinze

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 23:32:17 »
When I started to read this thread, I thought 'man do I need a butterfly/moth based set?'
Well, I do. Certainly need this mint set.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 11:42:00 »
Thank you all for the kind words. For those who would prefer a standard font/mods (aka cherry style) I am not against an alternate base kit that meets those preferences. Please fill out the IC form with that feedback if you'd prefer cherry style legends. 

Below are newly-made tests of the reworked mod novelties. From what I can see I am pleased with the quality and crispness of the lines, and do not believe further revisions are necessary.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Cherry-style alt base kit IC question added!
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 13:16:36 »
Alt Base Kit Question added to IC form
A number of people have expressed interest in an alternate base kit with cherry-style legends. A new question on the IC form has been added to gather interest in cherry-style legends for MW Pavilion. See an example render below.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Cherry-style alt base kit IC question added!
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 13:48:24 »
Alt Base Kit Question added to IC form
A number of people have expressed interest in an alternate base kit with cherry-style legends. A new question on the IC form has been added to gather interest in cherry-style legends for MW Pavilion. See an example render below.

Show Image

Great job on this!!! Accent is :chef :-*

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Kitting Update! | IC Form v2
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 16:03:27 »
05/13/22 | Kitting Changes! | IC Form v2
-Alternate Base Kit with Cherry-style legends added
-Removed Numpad Kit and placed Numpad in both base kits.
-Separated Mod Novelties from Accent Kits.
-Added 3 R1 Novelties to Mod Novelties.
-Removed 40s accents from accent kits
-Added 40s accent novelties to 40s Kit
-Removed 1u shift from Base and added to 40s
-Added R1 Side-profile butterfly/moth novelties to accent kits
-Added Cherry-style accent arrows to accent kits

Updated Renders with the Cherry-style legends coming in the next few days!
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 May 2022, 16:11:57 by Cylent »

Offline taims

Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Kitting Update! | IC Form v2
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 May 2022, 19:53:47 »
No SEA vendor?

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Updated Kitting & Renders
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 16:26:13 »
Board Renders with Cherry-style Legends Added!

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 04:42:13 »
Appreciate the Cherry legends, makes the novelties stand out more. Those ISO enters really make me regret ANSI  :'(

Would you consider a full novelties 40s kit so it matches the Cherry base as well?
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 10:45:59 »
No SEA vendor?

I am in the process of finding and confirming vendors, and expect to have at least one vendor that can ship to the Philippines/SEA region. Stay tuned for updates.

Appreciate the Cherry legends, makes the novelties stand out more. Those ISO enters really make me regret ANSI  :'(

Would you consider a full novelties 40s kit so it matches the Cherry base as well?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean - if you mean replace all of the mod key legends in the 40s kit with novelties from the mod novelties kit, then my initial concern would be the high number of repeated illustrations across the mods. There are only 11 unique illustrations in the mod novelties kit, and the accent novelties cannot be turned into mod novelties (see FAQ for explanation on this).

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 13:07:38 »

I'm not entirely sure what you mean - if you mean replace all of the mod key legends in the 40s kit with novelties from the mod novelties kit, then my initial concern would be the high number of repeated illustrations across the mods. There are only 11 unique illustrations in the mod novelties kit, and the accent novelties cannot be turned into mod novelties (see FAQ for explanation on this).

Ah, yeah, that’s what I meant. Since the 40s kit seems to have only 9(?) different mod legends I figured it might be possible, but no harm if it’s not. Just seemed a good way to have 40s support for both bases in the one kit.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 18:26:23 »

Ah, yeah, that’s what I meant. Since the 40s kit seems to have only 9(?) different mod legends I figured it might be possible, but no harm if it’s not. Just seemed a good way to have 40s support for both bases in the one kit.

Thanks for the idea. I spoke to a few people in the 40s server and we'll try to see if it will be possible and/or reasonable to replace the legends of the mod keys in the 40s kit with the mod novelty illustrations, but it may take a while to rework everything. No promises that we'll be able to make the change, but we'll give it a shot. :thumb:

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 00:27:33 »
Thanks for the idea. I spoke to a few people in the 40s server and we'll try to see if it will be possible and/or reasonable to replace the legends of the mod keys in the 40s kit with the mod novelty illustrations, but it may take a while to rework everything. No promises that we'll be able to make the change, but we'll give it a shot. :thumb:

Whoa, glad to hear you’ll experiment with it! I hope it goes well, but no stress  ;D

Offline Meowsaur

• I don't like that.
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 27 May 2022, 13:26:35 »
Wonderful colours on this, definitely interested in a Cherry-style set and an ISO/spacebar accent kit.
Here's hoping for a UK vendor!

Quick question on this front..

Due to the high amount of contrast on the mods and alphas I do believe MW can make these colors in dyesub. If there are issues I have prepared a contingency plan to use slightly different colors that shouldn’t change the feel of the set but should avoid issues of greys in dyesub turning red.

Am I correct in assuming this will be established in prototypes before the GB goes live?
Slightly wary about colours being liable to change mid-GB (see: GMK Necro, albeit different circumstances).

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 28 May 2022, 13:01:00 »
Wonderful colours on this, definitely interested in a Cherry-style set and an ISO/spacebar accent kit.
Here's hoping for a UK vendor!

Quick question on this front..

Due to the high amount of contrast on the mods and alphas I do believe MW can make these colors in dyesub. If there are issues I have prepared a contingency plan to use slightly different colors that shouldn’t change the feel of the set but should avoid issues of greys in dyesub turning red.

Am I correct in assuming this will be established in prototypes before the GB goes live?
Slightly wary about colours being liable to change mid-GB (see: GMK Necro, albeit different circumstances).

Hi, I'm so happy you like the set  :D

I am working on a UK vendor. Regarding colors, I should receive at least a first round of color samples before the GB (the plan is sometime in August). Those initial samples should tell us pretty clearly whether the greys will cause problems, though I do not think there will be issues. If we need to make changes based on those samples it should be before the GB.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 May 2022, 19:29:32 by Cylent »

Offline Banur

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 29 May 2022, 08:51:20 »
The colours are really neat but small nitpick: I'm afraid the butterflies on the novelties have fluttered to a happier place: https://www.emilydamstra.com/please-enough-dead-butterflies/
Those in the renders and the moths seem to be alive and kicking though.

GLWIC!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 30 May 2022, 09:06:26 »
The colours are really neat but small nitpick: I'm afraid the butterflies on the novelties have fluttered to a happier place: https://www.emilydamstra.com/please-enough-dead-butterflies/
Those in the renders and the moths seem to be alive and kicking though.

GLWIC!

The colors are great ;D

I was aware during the design process for Pavilion that the way insect specimens look when they are pinned is different from how they look when they are alive. I disagree with the author of the article you linked that there is something inherently problematic about creating art that displays the shape of the butterfly's wings unrealistically, or that art depicting a living butterfly is the most effective way to convey its positive symbolism. There are other important considerations other than realism when creating art, including:
-The audience's ability to easily recognize the art,
-The audience's ability to connect that art to other examples of similar art in their mind, and
-The overall feeling and impact of the art.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2022, 16:57:52 by Cylent »

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | 40s Kitting Update
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 15:02:05 »
40s Kitting Update:
The Forties kit for MW Pavilion has been redesigned to allow 40s users to chose between the Cherry and Serif fonts by using the Mod Novelties as agnostic legends. The goal is to keep this kit at $30 or less. 40s users can buy the base kit as well for a combo-kit around the price of a GMK base kit, or mix-and match the 40s with another set.

More

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 June 2022, 15:05:22 by Cylent »

Offline Mr Chrome

Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | 40s Kitting Update
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 00:08:53 »
40s Kitting Update:
The Forties kit for MW Pavilion has been redesigned to allow 40s users to chose between the Cherry and Serif fonts by using the Mod Novelties as agnostic legends. The goal is to keep this kit at $30 or less. 40s users can buy the base kit as well for a combo-kit around the price of a GMK base kit, or mix-and match the 40s with another set.
Show Image

More
Show Image

Whoa, looking good! Nice work!  :D

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | UK & OCE Vendors!
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 13 June 2022, 13:39:36 »
Update: Full Vendor List Announced!
China: MilkyWay
US: Mechs & Co.
CA: Kanatakeys
EU: EloquentClicks
UK: Prototypist
SEA: ZionStudios
OCE: Allcaps
India: Stackskb

A big thank you to all my vendors for agreeing to support MW Pavilion. See you at the GB in September!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Note on NorDeUK Kitting
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 09:53:24 »
Note for NorDeUK users:
As I make progress on production files behind the scenes, I'm expecting to work on a few changes for the NorDeUK kit in the near future. A number of users have expressed a need for additional support, so here's the anticipated changelog. LMK what you think.
-Cherry-style UK ISO added
-adding Estonian and Faroese (3 keys added in total)
-adding 1.5u '#, *', and ~# (see KAT Napoleonic for examples, this should allow for ansi iso options).

The goal behind these changes is to increase compatibility while keeping the cost of the kit as close to what it would be with the current kitting as possible. While the heart of this set is the serif legends, adding at least UK ISO in cherry-style should let more iso users who don't like the serif font into the project.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Kitting Update
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 13:05:46 »
Kitting Update
Changelog:
-UK Iso moved to Serif Base
-UK Iso added to Cherry Base
-added Estonian and Faroese (3 keys added in total) to NorDe Kit
-added R2 1.5u *', and ~# to NorDe (this should allow for ansi iso options).

New Kit Images Below
More

Offline Penguinsula

Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | UK Iso -> Base, NorDe Updated
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 08:18:36 »
This NorDe update is great! Thanks!

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | UK Iso -> Base, NorDe Updated
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 11:03:14 »
Update:
Production files - I will be working on finishing up production files over the next few days. I will let y'all know when they're done.
Renders - MarktheWeeb and I have been working on making some sweet renders to release and advertise with during the GB and while they're still in-progress I can guarantee they will be bangers.
Artisan - Stella and I will be working on an esc + enter artisan combo over the month of August.
Prototypes - Deskmat prototypes should be in production, MW should be working on color samples.
Quotes - Kitting should be finalized and quotes are in-progress with MW.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Tentative GB Date Sept 16
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 15:32:01 »
Update: Tentative GB Date set for September 16.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | Tentative GB Date Sept 16
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 15 September 2022, 20:06:31 »
Update:
US Pricing has been announced! However, I still have yet to receive artisan renders and quotes. :( Therefore I must delay GB until Sept 23. I am hopeful that this will be the last delay, my apologies for the difficulties I've had getting this set into GB in the last month.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
Re: [IC] MW Pavilion | GB is Live! Sept 23-Oct 24
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 16:56:28 »
Group Buy is LIVE!