Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3514444 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #9650 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:07:03 »
the little faces were not working earlier

Seems like if you quote a picture, the faces don't work.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9651 on: Wed, 03 September 2014, 21:11:05 »
the little faces were not working earlier

Seems like if you quote a picture, the faces don't work.

This is a very well known thing.  And I believe that if you quote a quote of a picture, it works.  Or something like that.  There's some way to have a picture quoted and have everything work just dandy.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #9652 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 05:37:27 »
well it seems as though gh refuses to let me post the picture but the MX spring definitely has a bigger diameter

I meant the diameter of all Alps springs should be the same, only their length might differ. MX springs have a bigger diameter and don't fit into Alps switches (and vice versa afaik).

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #9653 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 06:39:16 »
well it seems as though gh refuses to let me post the picture but the MX spring definitely has a bigger diameter

I meant the diameter of all Alps springs should be the same, only their length might differ. MX springs have a bigger diameter and don't fit into Alps switches (and vice versa afaik).
ah sorry, read your reply wrong :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9654 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 07:22:11 »

Reported fohat.digs' post to bring it to the mods'/admins' attention. PMing or a friendly report seems to do  more for fixing problems than complaining idly.

I thought that multiple people have been complaining about this for years, literally.

A parallel nuisance is the inability to attach a photo in a PM.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9655 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 08:25:09 »

I thought that multiple people have been complaining about this for years, literally.

I use imgur or Flickr so I don't really know. I'm not that into the GH attachment since it will lose photos and it's good to have a backup in case anything happens again to GH in my opinion.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #9656 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 14:18:13 »
So is the forum completely crapping out or what? Every other thread I try and load stops part of the way through and if I try and go back a page it does the same thing in every thread......maybe I need to clear my cache....also still getting 504 errors.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9657 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 14:22:07 »
So is the forum completely crapping out or what? Every other thread I try and load stops part of the way through and if I try and go back a page it does the same thing in every thread......maybe I need to clear my cache....also still getting 504 errors.

It's working fine for me; just loading slowly. Was doing that yesterday.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #9658 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 14:58:32 »

Been doing it for me for a couple of days.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9659 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:04:46 »
no problems here
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #9660 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 15:41:30 »

I use imgur or Flickr so I don't really know. I'm not that into the GH attachment since it will lose photos and it's good to have a backup in case anything happens again to GH in my opinion.

Some people might like the ability to attach files to PMs for things like hex files and CAD drawings. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline philstahlfeld

« Reply #9661 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 16:37:32 »
So I really like using programmer Dvorak, but I'm going to be pair programming with someone who uses QWERTY and we'll be doing so on multiple machines. My ideal solution would be to have a keyboard that I can carry around with me that has programmer Dvorak and QWERTY that I can toggle with a button or a switch. Is there a keyboard out there that I can do this with? Ideally, I'd like to just be able to flash different layouts to the keyboard.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #9662 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 16:42:43 »
So I really like using programmer Dvorak, but I'm going to be pair programming with someone who uses QWERTY and we'll be doing so on multiple machines. My ideal solution would be to have a keyboard that I can carry around with me that has programmer Dvorak and QWERTY that I can toggle with a button or a switch. Is there a keyboard out there that I can do this with? Ideally, I'd like to just be able to flash different layouts to the keyboard.

The WASD V2 can do that afaik. Apart from that you could go for a programmable keyboard like a Phantom - that would require some soldering work though.

Offline philstahlfeld

« Reply #9663 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:29:49 »

The WASD V2 can do that afaik. Apart from that you could go for a programmable keyboard like a Phantom - that would require some soldering work though.

It looks like the WASD V2 can do Dvorak, Colemak, Mac mode, and QWERTY mode, but not programmer Dvorak :/
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/media/v2-user-guide.pdf

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #9664 on: Thu, 04 September 2014, 18:39:19 »
It looks like the WASD V2 can do Dvorak, Colemak, Mac mode, and QWERTY mode, but not programmer Dvorak :/
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/media/v2-user-guide.pdf

Ah okay well then an option is a programmable keyboard. With one of those you could set programmer dvorak on one layer and QWERTY on another and switch between the two with a key combination. You could also get a custom controller for a Filco for example - works the same way but is less work as you don't have to solder.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #9665 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 01:50:47 »
Does anyone know exactly how close Cherry and SP DCS profiles are? I'm considering getting the mods from http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/greentea-set/ to go with some WoB Cherry doubleshots alphas I have, and wasn't sure how well they would match in terms of feel and appearance.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9666 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 05:22:20 »

Does anyone know exactly how close Cherry and SP DCS profiles are?

dcs is SP's copy of the Cherry profile. They're very similar. The feel will be a bit off but the heights and the shapes should be fine. If someone reminds me, I can take a picture comparing the two profiles this afternoon.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #9667 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:25:05 »
When shipping bare PCB's with nothing on them (enablers) is there any reason why I would need to put them in ESD bags or would regular ziploc bags work fine?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #9668 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:41:11 »
When shipping bare PCB's with nothing on them (enablers) is there any reason why I would need to put them in ESD bags or would regular ziploc bags work fine?

If there's nothing on them there's nothing that could get fried so I don't see an issue with that.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9669 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:49:36 »

I'd prefer ESD just to be on the safe side. I've received most of my PCBs with ESD bags.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #9670 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 11:57:25 »
The reason I ask is because of the general caution people around here take when shipping stuff.  For what its worth Enablers have landed and they were just shrink wrapped in a heavy plastic.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #9671 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:05:25 »

dcs is SP's copy of the Cherry profile. They're very similar. The feel will be a bit off but the heights and the shapes should be fine. If someone reminds me, I can take a picture comparing the two profiles this afternoon.

If you could take a picture of that and a picture comparing the thicknesses underneath, that would be really awesome!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9672 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:13:44 »

If you could take a picture of that and a picture comparing the thicknesses underneath, that would be really awesome!

Grey Clover is SP, everything around it is GMK.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9673 on: Fri, 05 September 2014, 13:58:42 »
right is SP, left 2 are GMK

the cherry mount is the same thickness as ALPS mount, so don't fret about that.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #9674 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 04:37:59 »
edit: nvm it fixed itself again.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 September 2014, 04:41:27 by frosty »

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #9675 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 04:42:09 »
There are a few server issues right now, the admins are working on it.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #9676 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 08:56:04 »
If an mx blue switch lost it clickiness, is it because of the stem or the left? I once experience an mx clear lost most of its tactility because of a bad left. I was able to fix by replacing the bottom switch. Is it the same with  mx blue? I was hoping it is because I have enough switch bottom and I have order from techkeys an mx blue.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9677 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 09:05:15 »

If an mx blue switch lost it clickiness, is it because of the stem or the left?

Could be wear in the housing or the stem I think. It definitely can't hurt to try swapping out the bottoms.

For some reason though, I have a nagging feeling it's now likely the stem. But that's just my gut feeling at this moment.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9678 on: Sat, 06 September 2014, 17:23:11 »
How does one go about programming a 38GT?

Edit: Nevermind, I think this is it
http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=aikon_down&sca=Firmware&sfl=wr_10&stx=&nca=
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 September 2014, 17:37:22 by Lastpilot »

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #9679 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 03:15:31 »
Thanks for some badass pictures (get it).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9680 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 04:59:55 »

Could be wear in the housing or the stem I think. It definitely can't hurt to try swapping out the bottoms.

For some reason though, I have a nagging feeling it's now likely the stem. But that's just my gut feeling at this moment.

The MX blues click is caused by that little white bit hitting the bottom of the switch.

Loss of that could be due to a small hair, fibre, grain of sand or liquid getting into the switch and dampening the internal movement.

If you are getting a replacement switch, you are probably looking to desolder the existing switch - so just replace the entire switch.  They are plentiful, so you won't need to replace it again in a hurry.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #9681 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 07:41:12 »

The MX blues click is caused by that little white bit hitting the bottom of the switch.

Loss of that could be due to a small hair, fibre, grain of sand or liquid getting into the switch and dampening the internal movement.

If you are getting a replacement switch, you are probably looking to desolder the existing switch - so just replace the entire switch.  They are plentiful, so you won't need to replace it again in a hurry.

Ahh ic, Thanks. I'm getting some mx blue switch from techkeys. For .06/piece it is a nice deal. I do hope there is some way to fix a non-clicky blue.

Offline ChThoniC

« Reply #9682 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 00:00:28 »
What's the current recommended tenkeyless with cherry browns?
The last one I got says 3-5 months to ship from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VDKLLM/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks!

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #9683 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 00:07:16 »
Elitekeyboards no longer seems to have any leopolds. Any idea what is going on anyone?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9684 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 00:49:28 »
What's the current recommended tenkeyless with cherry browns?

QFR, Filco, Kul, Ducky. Great username btw, I love that band :).

Elitekeyboards no longer seems to have any leopolds. Any idea what is going on anyone?

Seems like they stopped carrying Leopolds in favor of the KUL boards.

Offline Kaibz

« Reply #9685 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:05:01 »
Is it possible to mod or add a LCD like this one https://www.pjrc.com/tech/8051/board5/lcd_128x64.html to the Ergodox or is it impossible because the Teensy can not deal with a keyboard AND a lcd or because there are not enough pins on the teensy to deal with it (as numlock and vernum have to be dealt with) or is it even because the Ergodox pcb is not designed to "accept" a lcd?
(I'm asking this because i'd like to recreate the behaviour of a logitech G13 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard with an Ergodox (for the left hand) and i wonder if it's that's even possible)
Sharing the knowledge

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #9686 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:33:04 »
Is it possible to mod or add a LCD like this one https://www.pjrc.com/tech/8051/board5/lcd_128x64.html to the Ergodox or is it impossible because the Teensy can not deal with a keyboard AND a lcd or because there are not enough pins on the teensy to deal with it (as numlock and vernum have to be dealt with) or is it even because the Ergodox pcb is not designed to "accept" a lcd?
(I'm asking this because i'd like to recreate the behaviour of a logitech G13 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g13-advanced-gameboard with an Ergodox (for the left hand) and i wonder if it's that's even possible)
i think with a ton of hardwiring and other stuff you can, but it's not worth it.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9687 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 09:34:04 »
Is it possible to mod or add a LCD like this one https://www.pjrc.com/tech/8051/board5/lcd_128x64.html to the Ergodox

I don't know if the Teensy will drive the LCD but I think you could get it running with an Arduino or Raspberry PI. Then you could integrate it into your setup. Or make a cousin case for it.

i think with a ton of hardwiring and other stuff you can, but it's not worth it.

Definitely untrue. What's not worth it to you could be someone's biggest wish and worth investing the time and effort into.

Offline Kaibz

« Reply #9688 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 11:30:36 »
Thanks a lot for your answers, i was hoping that a chip that could control a full keyboard and a lcd at the same time would exist.
I'm actually going though a lot of threads looking for "LCD" and 'Keyboard" and i can't find much, as you have all been here for a long time i was wondering if you had heard about a project about a custom keyboard with integrated lcd on geekhack?

Sharing the knowledge

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #9689 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 12:14:51 »

Definitely untrue. What's not worth it to you could be someone's biggest wish and worth investing the time and effort into.

never thought of it that way. sorry! haha but yea good luck in your journey for the lcd panel thingy, rmb to post pictures if you get it!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9690 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 12:45:11 »
i was wondering if you had heard about a project about a custom keyboard with integrated lcd on geekhack?

I can't recall of a thread that has that.

I'm at microcenter and they're selling an RPi addon that's got an lcd screen. That might work.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 September 2014, 12:54:53 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Kaibz

« Reply #9691 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 13:01:43 »
I'm going to have a look at that.
Of course i will post everything i find if i complete it.
Thanks again for the help.
Sharing the knowledge

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #9692 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 13:04:55 »

At microcenter, they've got a modded ducky zero out as a tester.

Sorry for the potato.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #9693 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 22:57:07 »
What is KMAC? How do you know that a keyboard is a KMAC? I saw the IC of codyeatworld on KMAC PCB + Plate which will be produce by GON. I was wondering what really makes it a KMAC? Is it the PCB? Case? Or both? Sorry for the stupid question though.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9694 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 23:22:10 »
Show Image

Sorry for the potato.

Is that an actual keycap set?

If not, why hasn't someone done one yet?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #9695 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 23:25:28 »
Show Image

Sorry for the potato.

Blanks in corresponding color?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9696 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 23:30:43 »
Show Image

Sorry for the potato.

Blanks in corresponding color?

The legends!  "BLACK SWITCH", "RED SWITCH" and so on.

Offline nahka

• Did you see that, Fio?
« Reply #9697 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 00:23:20 »
Do the ISO sets in group buys usually include the letters Ö Ä Å or just 2 blanks?

Poker II
    Reds

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9698 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 00:27:11 »
I've noticed that occasionally after I walk around on carpet for a bit and then touch my Kingsaver, I'll get a static discharge and the keyboard will stop working for a few seconds, then go back to normal. Is that harmful to the keyboard at all?

An update on this just in case anyone ever experiences a similar issue:

A few days ago I remembered that I had switched the keyboard's USB connection to the powered hub instead of directly into my computer. Switched it back to the computer and I haven't had the problem a single time since. Must've been a grounding issue with the hub.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #9699 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 00:38:42 »
Would there be any sort of limitations I should be aware of if I wanted to use an unpowered USB hub for a mouse and keyboard?

By unpowered I mean just drawing power completely from the one USB port and not another usb port or wall wart.

IE would LED lighting on keyboard and "gamer" mouse such as Naga be to taxing?