Author Topic: (GB) The GeekHack 60% Nostalgia Keyset (shipped)  (Read 173893 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB) The GeekHack 60% Nostalgia Keyset
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:05:21 »
The only 60% keyboard I have is HHKB, and I am STILL tempted to get this.

Lot's of tape and some glue?  :p

Or the sacrifice of another set, and hours with a knife and some glue.

Except I don't have a Thorpe set to sacrifice, except the ones that are on the board now.

i can sell you a thorpe set lol
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:16:08 »
The only 60% keyboard I have is HHKB, and I am STILL tempted to get this.

Lot's of tape and some glue?  :p

Or the sacrifice of another set, and hours with a knife and some glue.

Except I don't have a Thorpe set to sacrifice, except the ones that are on the board now.

i can sell you a thorpe set lol

^^ no more excuses rowdy!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:25:50 »
I sense a conspiracy here.

I wonder how long it would take to do all, er, 60ish keycaps ...

And would they fit HHKB?  They are Cherry 60% - is the layout identical?

I can't believe I'm actually considering this.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:26:42 »

it includes a full hhkb layout, although now you have said it, i may have to give this a go myself, i cant see this ending well tho

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:32:34 »

it includes a full hhkb layout, although now you have said it, i may have to give this a go myself, i cant see this ending well tho

No.  I definitely don't want to sacrifice my one and only HHKB keycap set.  And not sure I can afford to buy another two sets (60% + HHKB) and sacrifice both of them.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 00:10:25 »
Wow. Just jumped in on my first group buy with Hyper Fuse and now this?! Why must I love 60% boards so much....

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #206 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 05:20:13 »
My opinion of the backspace is either have no rectangle under the 60 or just a rectangle - not filled in with anything. The kb design looks awesome but I imagine it'd be too small

/my2p
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 08:41:40 »
first wave of invoicing done

no rush at all to pay anyone, just helps me keep up with things, and fives the option for people who like to pay early

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 08:44:58 »
So all black mods and orange number row not going to be in this group buy?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 08:46:12 »

im waiting on quotes, if that were to happen, i would add it to the site so you could add it to an order, and a new invoice would go out minus shipping for those if people so wanted

as for any additional keys such as spacebars or anything missing, no new order will need to be placed, they will go in the base set

Offline babyface

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:15:46 »
Will this set cater for keyboards with even the least common layout? I.E kbt pure + fc660M?
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:18:05 »
Will this set cater for keyboards with even the least common layout? I.E kbt pure + fc660M?

i believe so, i think one version of the pure pro has a real dinky spacebar which ill look into and see what the deal with it is, everything else should be possible

i dont have those boards though so someone may be able to step in and give you a better answer
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:36:34 by BunnyLake »

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:53:40 »
Good to go with FC660M but not with the spacebar, that's Leopold "unique" spacebar with awkward stems on it.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 10:37:25 »

im waiting on quotes, if that were to happen, i would add it to the site so you could add it to an order, and a new invoice would go out minus shipping for those if people so wanted

as for any additional keys such as spacebars or anything missing, no new order will need to be placed, they will go in the base set

Thanks, sounds promising.

Good to go with FC660M but not with the spacebar, that's Leopold "unique" spacebar with awkward stems on it.

So the FC660M still has a 6.2x sized spacebar just with odd stem spacing? I thought it might have been 6x size but really have not looked into it.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 11:53:06 »
So for the Backspace GH60 logo, I propose that Bunny use this, if possible:

And if the keyboard part under the "60" proves too small for the bit to cut the legend precisely, I would go with a solid rectangle, like this:

Thoughts?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 11:58:37 »

Show Image

And if the keyboard part under the "60" proves too small for the bit to cut the legend precisely, I would go with a solid rectangle, like this:

Show Image

Thoughts?

JD for president!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:02:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thoughts?

JD for president!

yeah if you ever want anything done right, jd is the way to go

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:44:41 »
What a great Backspace idea, JD!  I don't own any 60% keyboards, but this is a very stylin' set for one!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:49:16 »

There are a few things regarding the FC660M. 
1) The space bar won't fit because of the stems.
2) No dedicated arrow keys in this set.  There are many blank 1x1 keys which may work for arrow keys, but I am not sure which row profile they are, so they may not be the same profile as the keys next to it.
3) Same as 2) applies to the insert key.

So other than the space bar, you should be able to get full coverage (just maybe not with the correct row profile).

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:10:53 »
2) No dedicated arrow keys in this set.  There are many blank 1x1 keys which may work for arrow keys, but I am not sure which row profile they are, so they may not be the same

That's because 60% keyboards aren't supposed to have dedicated cursor arrow keys, sir. Why do you think I sold my HHKB Pro JP? That thing Leopold calls the FC660 is heresy. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:22:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thoughts?

I think that the kb logo would look amazing if it's not too small - otherwise the second design is a good compromise imo

Good work o Keeper of the Faith lol :thumb:
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:29:20 »
Love the colors on this -- too bad I don't have anything 60%.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 13:31:44 »
Love the colors on this -- too bad I don't have anything 60%.

*insert small **** jokes here*

Offline Lyced

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 14:52:47 »
Provided I can scrap some funds in the next couple weeks, I'll be in.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 15:08:59 »
I would love to jump in on this! Matches my favorite hockey teams colors!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline xandr

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:30:00 »
No love for Mac users eh?

Sure, I can understand that it might not be possible to get ⌘ or ⌥ on the caps, but at least 2 "Command" keys and maybe 2 "Option" keys on 1.25 would be nice...
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 19:53:37 »
I don't own any 60% keyboards

You're addressing this the wrong way.  Appropriate course of action now is to purchase a 60% board or five.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 19:58:38 »

You're addressing this the wrong way.  Appropriate course of action now is to purchase a 60% board or five.

Thats what I did over the last couple months. 4 GH60 PCBs on the way with 38GT and KBT Pure in my possession.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 20:19:30 »

This occurred to me too.  Sad.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 20:39:12 »

I was so against 60% until I started reading the "Post your Poker" thread. Now I have a Pure in the mail and two alu cases on order ;D
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 20:44:04 »

Ya, spacebar still 6.25x but odd stem placement.

Thanks, sounds promising.

So the FC660M still has a 6.2x sized spacebar just with odd stem spacing? I thought it might have been 6x size but really have not looked into it.
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 20:46:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Thoughts?
The 2nd one I believe it would be better if we can add some blank dot within the "black keyboard" otherwise it might not looks like a keyboard.

Offline Potologue

« Reply #232 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 21:35:34 »
This set is so nice. I'll have to check back in a couple of weeks and see if my wallet can handle it by then.

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 03:25:05 »
Hi Bunny, based on your previous experiences dealing with SP, will this orange color causing the LED light to leak through/shine through the caps? I prefer they glow underneath.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #234 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:25:39 »
Hi Bunny, based on your previous experiences dealing with SP, will this orange color causing the LED light to leak through/shine through the caps? I prefer they glow underneath.

i dont use backlit boards so i cant give you an accurate answer sorry

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #235 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:35:56 »
Most SP keycaps are fairly thing, and at reasonable brightness will allow light to bleed through the top of the keycaps.

Offline Plater

« Reply #236 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:53:59 »
Ordered, can wait to receive them!

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #237 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 09:49:00 »
Most SP keycaps are fairly thing, and at reasonable brightness will allow light to bleed through the top of the keycaps.
Ok, thats what i thought.

i dont use backlit boards so i cant give you an accurate answer sorry
It's ok no worries.

Offline ferociousfingerings

Re: (GB) The GeekHack 60% Set
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 20:49:59 »
Sigh.

*gets out wallet*

LOL. This is one of the most hilarious bits of text i have seen in quite a while.

The set speaks for itself.

I also think it's humorous that this extremely orange arrangement is immediately embraced, while the little strip around the g-keys on the g710+ was a common target of criticism. I personally have nothing bad to say about orange.
Logitech G710+

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 21:19:13 »
So this closes around Nov 13th? is that correct? Ill need to see how my money situation is when i get back from out of the country a couple days before this would end. who knows, maybe ill win big in a casino or something.

but man would this set look fabulous on an that dark grey GON NS ISO HHKB GH60 i ordered recently ;)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 21:24:12 »
I think BunnyLake practices voodoo because he has total control of my wallet.  :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 22:13:54 »
I think BunnyLake practices voodoo because he has total control of my wallet.  :p

TOTALLY AGREE with that statement  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2013, 22:23:09 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 22:21:10 »
Couldn't walk by at all without placing an order.  The colours are just too 'Geekhackish' to ignore  :thumb: .

Even though I don't like to use 60 percenter's, I will install the keysets onto 2 Pure's I have buried away up in the attic.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 22:30:29 »
Couldn't walk by at all without placing an order.  The colours are just too 'Geekhackish' to ignore  :thumb: .

Even though I don't like to use 60 percenter's, I will install the keysets onto 2 Pure's I have buried away up in the attic.

At least you've got a 60% MX board.  I am considering getting one, or maybe sacrificing a Topre set to swap stems and put them on my HHKB.

But I don't think that is going to happen because I found out what my bank balance is today :eek: :(

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #244 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 22:48:25 »
well... I AM getting a 60% keyboard for this set!
I´m also trying to find an aluminum case for this keyboard (the Hammer is just perfect) http://imgur.com/a/o4Ehi#0

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 23:09:05 »
I am considering getting one, or maybe sacrificing a Topre set to swap stems and put them on my HHKB.

You do know what you've just said - to butcher a HHKB keyboard to install this keyset?

PLEASE I want pics or it didn't/won't happen.  I can just see the thorpie lovers wince at that thought of cutting off their beloved plain stems from their key-caps  ;D .  That would be beautiful to see.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 23:35:34 »
I am considering getting one, or maybe sacrificing a Topre set to swap stems and put them on my HHKB.

You do know what you've just said - to butcher a HHKB keyboard to install this keyset?

PLEASE I want pics or it didn't/won't happen.  I can just see the thorpie lovers wince at that thought of cutting off their beloved plain stems from their key-caps  ;D .  That would be beautiful to see.

Not the board - just a set of keycaps.  The only set I have is the set on there now, so I would be up for a (blank?) HHKB set, which would double the cost of this set.  Plus if I fsck it up then that is two sets down the gurgler.

Don't think I'll be doing this.

Offline HesterDW

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 05:55:57 »
I like to pretend this GB was made to celebrate the announcement of Half Life 3. :blank:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:00:54 »
I like to pretend this GB was made to celebrate the announcement of Half Life 3. :blank:

I like to pretend that HL3 has actually been announced.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 16:02:12 »

I like to pretend that HL3 has actually been announced.

i was gonna make that exact comment, but didnt wanna come off like i was being a .....