Author Topic: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard - Extras on Sunday 23/10  (Read 176299 times)

Offline soloplayer

Re: [IC]Nasu - A premium Alice layout keyboard (First prototype arrived!)
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 10:48:30 »
wake uppp!!
5 more minutes mom! Jokes aside, we're still trying to record a sound test. Gears all arrived, but making a video to go along with the sound test has been proven tricky. In any case we'll post some of the raw sounds for now and try to record a video in the meantime.
oh man everytime i bump this post, you show up lol
guess my shout works

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 10:50:01 »
dont get anything wrong, cuz i want this beautiful board so bad. so i'm tired of waiting

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:02:37 »
dont get anything wrong, cuz i want this beautiful board so bad. so i'm tired of waiting
The wait is almost over, the sale itself has been finalized for 25-30 of June. In the meantime we're having a bit of a hard time recording a sound test that reflects reality and we'd really like to post something that's at least close to the real thing.

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:04:56 »
Have you guys thought about sending to streamers for streaming? Nowadays for GB, I'd like to see how the board is structured and built, rather than single typing sound video.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

There's currently no plans to send protos to streamers at least before the actual sale. Making new protos to send out will take a lot of time and might delay the sale for months. But we might send out some units as the GB progresses.

Offline ZongZiWang

« Reply #304 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:06:25 »
Have you guys thought about sending to streamers for streaming? Nowadays for GB, I'd like to see how the board is structured and built, rather than single typing sound video.

There's currently no plans to send protos to streamers at least before the actual sale. Making new protos to send out will take a lot of time and might delay the sale for months. But we might send out some units as the GB progresses.
Possible to desolder the one you have and send to streamers to save time and also give people some ideas of it?

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:50:58 »
The wait is almost over, the sale itself has been finalized for 25-30 of June. In the meantime we're having a bit of a hard time recording a sound test that reflects reality and we'd really like to post something that's at least close to the real thing.
now that's what i'm waiting for sooo long!
have you guys finalized detail about GB method, unit quantity and price?

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #306 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 11:56:58 »
GB method will be a pre-order (FCFS style), 250 units and 350€ excluding shipping but including VAT. Price is subject to fluctuate a tiny bit due to some added material costs (the price of raw material has increased by about 20%), we're waiting on the final factory quotes but the price won't increase by more than 15€ if it increases at all.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 12:14:53 »
GB method will be a pre-order (FCFS style), 250 units and 350€ excluding shipping but including VAT. Price is subject to fluctuate a tiny bit due to some added material costs (the price of raw material has increased by about 20%), we're waiting on the final factory quotes but the price won't increase by more than 15€ if it increases at all.

wallet ✅
my body is sooo ready !
last question: will there be other plate material, like fr4 or CF offerred?

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 12:17:08 »

wallet ✅
my body is sooo ready !
last question: will there be other plate material, like fr4 or CF offerred?
Not in this run, there will be however plate files published so you can cut whatever you want.

Offline fakedSkill

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 14:29:07 »

Great news, thank you for the update!
Can't wait! 💸

Offline xElegy

« Reply #310 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 00:32:11 »
Been keeping up with this project for while now and im fairly exicted for this to finally happen. But i still have some questions.

Are there any plans for a prototype build video/stream from maybe yourself or a content creator?

Also how is the the bottom part going to turn out? Will it be color matched to the top portion or can you choose what bottom color you want?

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #311 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 04:24:11 »
Been keeping up with this project for while now and im fairly exicted for this to finally happen. But i still have some questions.

Are there any plans for a prototype build video/stream from maybe yourself or a content creator?

Also how is the the bottom part going to turn out? Will it be color matched to the top portion or can you choose what bottom color you want?

There are currently no plans for a build stream but once we record the sound test videos we will record a build/ showcase video to show how the insides are, how to assemble etc.
As far as the bottom piece goes you will be able to pick any color you want. If you want a matching top and bottom you'll be able to do that no issue, as well as combine different colors.

Offline AKiwi92

• KiwiKeebs
« Reply #312 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 10:24:52 »
Always wanted to try an Alice style board, keeping my eye on this as it looks great!

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #313 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 10:44:25 »
cant wait for pre order time tbh

Offline elsemaj

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 21:28:07 »
Have you guys determined if a polycarbonate case will be available for the group buy?

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 21:36:57 »
Ive been wanting an alice board, but all of them are so expensive. Idk if I can justify this one, but it looks great!

Offline klocksib

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 15:33:17 »
Definitely going in on this board as my first groupbuy.  It's stunning.

Offline Galk

• Send help
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 01:40:45 »
Been looking for a good Alice boad for a while now. I think this is it. :thumb:
Collecting pennies to afford keyboards.

Offline Finite

• peer pressured into mk hobby, pls send help
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 22:16:00 »
As far as the bottom piece goes you will be able to pick any color you want. If you want a matching top and bottom you'll be able to do that no issue, as well as combine different colors.

Hyped. Price is a bit high, but it's understandable considering what's happening (the Gothic70's price went up by over 25% due to tariffs). Hoping the shipping to CONUS won't be that bad, but I'm already expecting the worse. Customizable top and bottom pieces is a huge plus for me, especially since I absolutely love many of the color combos in the renders. I'm ready for this GB, my wallet is going to be decimated by both this and the Mode65.

Offline diskonex

« Reply #319 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 12:51:10 »
Will there be renders for Dark Grey and Navy Blue before the group buy?  Wanna see the shade of those.

Offline xElegy

« Reply #320 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 13:24:21 »
Is the sound test or showcase/build video going to happend before the actual group buy phase?

Feels kinda wierd purchasing this board without knowing beforehand.

Offline Galk

• Send help
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 01:06:14 »
Is the sound test or showcase/build video going to happend before the actual group buy phase?

Offline xElegy

« Reply #322 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 11:00:13 »

Well but that means there wont be a video about this keyboard from a streamer or content creator no?

HephaestusWorks stated that they will record a sound test and possibly a showcase/build video since they have a proto. So my question, if that is happening before the sale, is directed at them.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 June 2021, 11:02:11 by xElegy »

Offline That_One_Brodie

« Reply #323 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 15:27:16 »
With the GB coming up in a couple of days when are sale details such as time going to be announced?

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 22:18:44 »
will there be a matching wrist rest available? i want a wood or marble one!

Offline ZachL

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 07:15:29 »
Really interested in this! Are there any renders for silver or grey?

Offline Galk

• Send help
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 08:42:18 »

Well but that means there wont be a video about this keyboard from a streamer or content creator no?

HephaestusWorks stated that they will record a sound test and possibly a showcase/build video since they have a proto. So my question, if that is happening before the sale, is directed at them.

Yes i would think that you are correct in regards to the content creator statement.
I would personally like if there was at least a showcase video/steram before release so i get a good feel for what im buying exactly.

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 05:55:39 »
Hello everyone, first simple sound test is finally recorded. Excuse the tons of feedback, we couldn't figure out how to remove that without disturbing the recording and altering the sounds. That said to answer some of the questions above, we're waiting on a tripod to start recording the videos as well. The video will be a 2/1, the first part will be a showcase of the insides and assembly video and the other will be another sound test of the assembled board. And yes they will both come before the actual sale of the board.

https://soundcloud.com/hephaestus-works/nasu2/s-dauCkAep6DC

Build: POM plate, lubed with 205g0 H1 switches
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 June 2021, 06:10:47 by HephaestusWorks »

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 05:57:27 »
will there be a matching wrist rest available? i want a wood or marble one!
There will be one designed after GB is completed.

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 06:03:49 »
Hello everyone, first simple sound test is finally recorded. Excuse the tons of feedback, we couldn't figure out how to remove that without disturbing the recording and altering the sounds. That said to answer some of the questions above, we're waiting on a tripod to start recording the videos as well. The video will be a 2/1, the first part will be a showcase of the insides and assembly video and the other will be another sound test of the assembled board. And yes they will both come before the actual sale of the board.

sound so niceee! and shout out to a matching wrist rest!!
how about exact date and time for GB?

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 06:07:38 »

That's still TBA, the date currently is set for June 30th but that might be pushed back by a week or so depending on how the website progresses and of course depending on if the the tests are recorded by then. Like we mentioned we want to get everything out before we start the sale. Very sorry for the constant delays but it's a very busy time for everyone working on this project.

Offline Minahctrl

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 14:04:03 »
ISO compatible?

Offline Galk

• Send help
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 15:38:51 »
ISO compatible?

I you look at the pictute i have linked bellow you will see thet the enter key extends further out than the backslash key making ISO unlikley.
https://i.postimg.cc/1Xjn6LkQ/IMG-20201112-220006-913.jpg

Offline That_One_Brodie

« Reply #333 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 19:02:08 »

That's still TBA, the date currently is set for June 30th but that might be pushed back by a week or so depending on how the website progresses and of course depending on if the the tests are recorded by then. Like we mentioned we want to get everything out before we start the sale. Very sorry for the constant delays but it's a very busy time for everyone working on this project.

Sale still set for the 30th?

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 23:58:12 »
I cannot find where the GB will be held at. Can someone drop a link for my dumb ass, please?

Offline Dandy

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 00:14:07 »
Since today is the 30th and we still haven't seen sound tests I'd say its safe to assume it's going to be a bit more time like they mentioned above.

The is no gb link at the moment, but it'll be somewhere on keebwerk when it does go live.

Offline Galk

• Send help
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 02:23:31 »
Since today is the 30th and we still haven't seen sound tests I'd say its safe to assume it's going to be a bit more time like they mentioned above.

The is no gb link at the moment, but it'll be somewhere on keebwerk when it does go live.

Isn't this the sound test that HephaestusWorks posted 7 days ago?

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 03:14:56 »

Sale still set for the 30th?
Unfortunately not, we run into some issues with setting up the web page and configurator. The new (and final) sale date is July 10th. Exact time will be announced within the week.

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 03:16:06 »
I cannot find where the GB will be held at. Can someone drop a link for my dumb ass, please?

GB will be held at the Keebwerk website on July 10th, exact time will be announced within the week.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 22:02:12 »
Following
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 19:07:24 »

GB will be held at the Keebwerk website on July 10th, exact time will be announced within the week.

hello!!! guys??!!

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 19:19:50 »

hello!!! guys??!!
Hello there, the sale time hasn't been determined yet. The video has been recorded and is now being edited (it's going to be posted tomorrow). Along with the vid there will come an update about some final details.

Offline fakedSkill

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 01:42:21 »
Hello there, the sale time hasn't been determined yet. The video has been recorded and is now being edited (it's going to be posted tomorrow). Along with the vid there will come an update about some final details.

HYPE!  :eek:

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 01:58:52 »
Alright alright, it's here everyone! The preview video can be found here
Now for some updates. For starters regarding the colors the deep grey will most likely be removed for simplicities sake, at least for this round.
Here are some samples of the red and blue:

And here are some samples of the brass:

Finally regarding the sale, the time will be announced soon. Thank you everyone for your patience with this project! It's almost time!!!

Offline soloplayer

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 09:04:25 »
this is nutt! cant wait for this saturday!

Offline pax0s

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 21:45:46 »
Alright alright, it's here everyone! The preview video can be found here
Now for some updates. For starters regarding the colors the deep grey will most likely be removed for simplicities sake, at least for this round.
Here are some samples of the red and blue:
Show Image

And here are some samples of the brass:
Show Image

Finally regarding the sale, the time will be announced soon. Thank you everyone for your patience with this project! It's almost time!!!

Is the deep purple color still running? Are there samples of that color?

Offline Snakeyh

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 08:38:54 »
Has the time of sale been determined yet?
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 July 2021, 08:54:00 by Snakeyh »

Offline actress

« Reply #347 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 09:01:55 »
Looks like a cool board that I'd like to buy, but I'm concerned with how little info there is so close to the GB.
What are the layouts for this board? Is it only the one showed in pictures? No stepped caps?
Any form of ETA for shipping? How many units?

Offline Taziza

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 09:17:57 »
I am also looking for this keyboard: alice style + sold in EU + Gasket mount + decent price should a very good combination.

However, I am also very concerned with this project and GB, 1 day from the group by and no info is available (units, time, what extras are available - wrist rest, plates, pcb, etc.).
Hence it is understandable the team is working really hard, and building a keyboard is not an easy task. However, some additional respect (therefore transparency) for the people interested would be appreciated.

Hope more info gets available.

Offline HephaestusWorks

« Reply #349 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 09:22:45 »
Looks like a cool board that I'd like to buy, but I'm concerned with how little info there is so close to the GB.
What are the layouts for this board? Is it only the one showed in pictures? No stepped caps?
Any form of ETA for shipping? How many units?
Most of these questions have been answered in comments in the thread but we'll edit them into the post as well. The layout is the standard alice layout:

The available units will be 250 with an MOQ of 150.

As far as the ETA, it's currently 5 months but the factory will give us a better estimate once production has started. Obviously there are a lot of things that can affect that
timeline currently so please take that with a grain of salt.