Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3512330 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #3450 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:05:42 »
Everyone talks about getting custom plates, but no one ever says where they got them from (besides The Beast and WFD of course).  Are there sites like ExpressPCB but for plates?

People have machine shops that they're not willing to share publically for various reasons. Some people have a good relationship or know someone there or don't want people flooding the shop with orders which means they can't get their own. Metalliqaz recommended BigBlueSaw.

You can always just PM The_Beast or WFD to get something made. I'm pretty sure they'll help you out.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3451 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:07:27 »
Everyone talks about getting custom plates, but no one ever says where they got them from (besides The Beast and WFD of course).  Are there sites like ExpressPCB but for plates?

One-off plates I always get from The_Beast. I also found a place local to me with a laser cutter, but the end result was not as good as what I've gotten from the place The_Beast uses.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3452 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:09:31 »
Why are you so awesome jdcarpe?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3453 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:10:30 »
Why are you so awesome jdcarpe?

That's not a simple question, CPT. ;D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #3454 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:16:41 »
I got mine cut by a place called Yorkshire Profiles. £30 each for two prototype plates, insanely fast turnaround and brilliant service overall. The cuts were very clean also and the plate came perfectly flat.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3455 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:37:12 »

Almost all custom plates on here were from group buys. I don't think there are any websites that allows you to just easily order one. Although, there are plenty laser cutting resources, but they're not cheap and require files. I got some of my prototype plates cut from Beast or my local place.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:38:54 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3456 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:39:34 »
Almost all custom plates on here were from group buys. I don't think there are any websites that allows you to just easily order one. Although, there are plenty laser cutting resources, but they're not cheap and require files.

They definitely aren't.  I could do it pretty cheaply if I were to make a bunch of them since I have Industrial Metal Supply and a hackerspace with the right equipment nearby, but just one is expensive.  And I know some shops near me won't even talk to you if you're only looking at running one.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3457 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:08:35 »
Isn't that exactly what I just said? Getting one costs a lot, that's why most custom plates on here are from group buys.

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #3458 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:09:47 »
Isn't that exactly what I just said? Getting one costs a lot, that's why most custom plates on here are from group buys.

I think he meant "they definitely aren't" towards the part that said "they're not cheap"
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3459 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:34:07 »

I was affirming what you said.  They definitely aren't was referencing the fact that they aren't cheap and I don't know of any websites that let you do just one easily.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3460 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:35:01 »
Poker 2 is programmable and it *SHOULD* support LEDs already since there is suppsoed to be a fully LED supported variant.
The Poker X aka Poker ver 1 has holes with solder pads for LEDs at every switch location, but there are no traces going to the LEDs, other than the 7 that come standard. If you install LEDs in other switches, you will have to manually wire every LED location. Then jumper power for the LEDs off one or more existing LED locations. That's why I charged $25 to do an LED mod to the original Poker.

Thanks!!  So Poker II would be my best bet then (in addition to being programmable and already with a plate)?  In terms of resistors being preinstalled?  I know I'll have to remove the solder covering the LED holes first and solder in LEDs, but do I need to add resistors as well?

- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3461 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:38:32 »
Poker 2 is programmable and it *SHOULD* support LEDs already since there is suppsoed to be a fully LED supported variant.
The Poker X aka Poker ver 1 has holes with solder pads for LEDs at every switch location, but there are no traces going to the LEDs, other than the 7 that come standard. If you install LEDs in other switches, you will have to manually wire every LED location. Then jumper power for the LEDs off one or more existing LED locations. That's why I charged $25 to do an LED mod to the original Poker.

1) I know I'll have to remove the solder covering the LED holes first and solder in LEDs, but do I need to add resistors as well?

Right, that's what I meant by my quote. The SMD resistors *should* already be on the PCB. It doesn't make sense to have two PCBs: one with and one without the SMD resistors.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #3462 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:38:39 »
If you want full LEDs, then poker2 will be the easiest one to do it on. It already has SMD resistors on there.

Refer to THIS post a few pages back. Man this thread moves way too quick.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3463 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:42:10 »
Damn I completely forgot about that post. Let me add it to the OP.

Offline QueenXenon

• Polymer Princess
« Reply #3464 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:44:49 »
I got mine cut by a place called Yorkshire Profiles. £30 each for two prototype plates, insanely fast turnaround and brilliant service overall. The cuts were very clean also and the plate came perfectly flat.

People have machine shops that they're not willing to share publically for various reasons. Some people have a good relationship or know someone there or don't want people flooding the shop with orders which means they can't get their own. Metalliqaz recommended BigBlueSaw.

You can always just PM The_Beast or WFD to get something made. I'm pretty sure they'll help you out.

Big Blue Saw has it's own built in 'drafting application', which since I currently don't have CAD is beneficial.  Is CAD significantly better than BBS's application such that it's worth getting my hands on CAD?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3465 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:46:31 »
Big Blue Saw has it's own built in 'drafting application', which since I currently don't have CAD is beneficial.  Is CAD significantly better than BBS's application such that it's worth getting my hands on CAD?

Yes. I wouldn't trust anything but legit CAD software (Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCAD, etc) for drafting.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #3466 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:49:30 »
For 2D CAD drawings, I really like QCAD from RibbonSoft. There is a "community edition" which is free to compile from source. I compiled it on Ubuntu with no problems at all.

in memoriam

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3467 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:50:29 »
For 2D CAD drawings, I really like QCAD from RibbonSoft. There is a "community edition" which is free to compile from source. I compiled it on Ubuntu with no problems at all.

FWIW, I have Solidworks and AutoCAD. Inventor can be had for free from AutoDesk though.

Offline boogerlad

« Reply #3468 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 01:15:56 »
Can anyone provide a link so that I may understand how the wiring works for open(nkro) matrix? I've seen http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42302.msg862665#msg862665 and http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20898.0 but I'm still not clear with how it works. Where do the diodes go? How to prevent short circuit? How to interface with Teensy?

Offline Jalberstone

« Reply #3469 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 01:34:50 »
I got a DK9008G2 PRO PBT with clears about a month ago from mechanicalkeyboards.com, and from the first day I got it, I noticed that there is something wrong with my spacebar. It feels like something is blocking it from hitting the bottom(I know cherry stabilizers don't bottom out but bear with me). Its not as crisp as the spacebar on my ducky shine II and there is a really loud and annoying squeak every time i press the spacebar. I took it off and cleaned the inside and looked at the keyboard and saw that nothing was blocking it. Then I swapped the spacebars on my two boards and then there was no problem on the pro with the shine II spacebar, everything felt crisp and there was no squeak. On my shine II with the pro spacebar, it had the same problems: there was the annoying squeak and it did not feel good to press. I emailed MK yesterday but I haven't heard from them yet. Is there anything I can do?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3470 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 02:06:21 »
I got a DK9008G2 PRO PBT with clears about a month ago from mechanicalkeyboards.com, and from the first day I got it, I noticed that there is something wrong with my spacebar. It feels like something is blocking it from hitting the bottom(I know cherry stabilizers don't bottom out but bear with me). Its not as crisp as the spacebar on my ducky shine II and there is a really loud and annoying squeak every time i press the spacebar. I took it off and cleaned the inside and looked at the keyboard and saw that nothing was blocking it. Then I swapped the spacebars on my two boards and then there was no problem on the pro with the shine II spacebar, everything felt crisp and there was no squeak. On my shine II with the pro spacebar, it had the same problems: there was the annoying squeak and it did not feel good to press. I emailed MK yesterday but I haven't heard from them yet. Is there anything I can do?

Don't take my word but sounds like an issue with the wire.  I don't have any boards with cherry stabilizers so I don't have any experience with them but that is what I would take a close look at.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline keyit

« Reply #3471 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 03:47:47 »
when soldering SMD diodes, ive seen people remove one side of the pre-applied solder. is it to make the SMD sit flush against the pad? thanks!

EDIT: nvm, found WFD's video that explained it.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 03:57:28 by keyit »
boop

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3472 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 04:50:05 »
when soldering SMD diodes, ive seen people remove one side of the pre-applied solder. is it to make the SMD sit flush against the pad? thanks!

EDIT: nvm, found WFD's video that explained it.  :thumb:

Posting a link would help anyone who searched for this later on :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3473 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 05:23:31 »
Can anyone provide a link so that I may understand how the wiring works for open(nkro) matrix? I've seen http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42302.msg862665#msg862665 and http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20898.0 but I'm still not clear with how it works. Where do the diodes go? How to prevent short circuit? How to interface with Teensy?

I don't know how to answer your questions EXACTLY but these links might help you:

Matt30's Brownfox build log

Matt30's M0110 build log

Soarer's Teensy USB Adapter guide

jdcarpe's Lowpoly/Direct Wire/Prototype Board thread

Sounds like you need to A) Lube you stabilizer and B) Reseat your stabilizer wire.
Don't take my word but sounds like an issue with the wire.  I don't have any boards with cherry stabilizers so I don't have any experience with them but that is what I would take a close look at.

« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 05:25:22 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Narcix

« Reply #3474 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 05:58:51 »
Where can i find a white keycool 87 with mx blues?
Keycool 87 Grey PBT with mx blues

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3475 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:09:58 »
Where can i find a white keycool 87 with mx blues?

Did you try checking MechanicalKeyboards.com? I know they just started carrying them. You can try QTan's shop too. I think that's where jdcarpe got his.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3476 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:12:47 »
Did you try checking MechanicalKeyboards.com? I know they just started carrying them. You can try QTan's shop too. I think that's where jdcarpe got his.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=383

Direct Link ;)

Offline Narcix

« Reply #3477 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:22:47 »
Mmmh...buying it form mk.com would be alot more expensive than buying the grey one from QTan's shop.....
D:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3478 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 06:24:31 »

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=383

Direct Link ;)

Thanks, I can't get to MK.com at work.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3479 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 07:16:40 »
What was the longest spacebar that was somewhat mass produced enough to be possible to locate on ebay for a decent price with Cherry mount?  The reason I was wondering is because I found this.  It appears to be in the neighborhood of 9.75x or 10x by counting the singles above it.

Edit:  Also do we have a keyswitch ID thread?  I have 3 in other tabs I was wondering about
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:19:55 by Melvang »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3480 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:32:20 »
1) What was the longest spacebar that was somewhat mass produced
2) enough to be possible to locate on ebay for a decent price with Cherry mount? 
3) Also do we have a keyswitch ID thread?  I have 3 in other tabs I was wondering about

1) I've heard of 15x, not sure how common they are
2) I don't know. Maybe 10x
3) This thread was supposed to be it since Keyswitch IDs are easy but I'm starting to think there might need to be a new thread for that.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3481 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:35:04 »
1) What was the longest spacebar that was somewhat mass produced
2) enough to be possible to locate on ebay for a decent price with Cherry mount? 
3) Also do we have a keyswitch ID thread?  I have 3 in other tabs I was wondering about

1) I've heard of 15x, not sure how common they are
2) I don't know. Maybe 10x
3) This thread was supposed to be it since Keyswitch IDs are easy but I'm starting to think there might need to be a new thread for that.

3)b  If you don't mind CPT I could start one.  Although I think I might have identified one of the 3 I have pulled up in different tabs that I found on Ebay.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #3482 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:39:46 »
What was the longest spacebar that was somewhat mass produced enough to be possible to locate on ebay for a decent price with Cherry mount?  The reason I was wondering is because I found this.  It appears to be in the neighborhood of 9.75x or 10x by counting the singles above it.

Edit:  Also do we have a keyswitch ID thread?  I have 3 in other tabs I was wondering about

I had one of these puppies (http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:LeadingEdgeDC2014.png) and that thing had a LONG spacebar. I think that wyse might be longer. Then again, mine was Alps too >.>
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3483 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:44:12 »

I had one of these puppies (http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:LeadingEdgeDC2014.png) and that thing had a LONG spacebar. I think that wyse might be longer. Then again, mine was Alps too >.>

Nice looking board but yeah I believe that the one I posted is about 1 unit longer.  I got bids in on a couple boards to harvest caps in hopes of converting some to Cherry mounts.  Any idea how difficult this might be?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3484 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:45:22 »
3) If you don't mind CPT I could start one.  Although I think I might have identified one of the 3 I have pulled up in different tabs that I found on Ebay.

Nope I don't mind.

Nice looking board but yeah I believe that the one I posted is about 1 unit longer.  I got bids in on a couple boards to harvest caps in hopes of converting some to Cherry mounts.  Any idea how difficult this might be?

Cut stems off, reposition, then use putty/glue to glue stems in the proper location. Ta-da, stem mod. It might be tedious and take some time but the concept is simple.

Offline boogerlad

« Reply #3485 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:56:01 »

I don't know how to answer your questions EXACTLY but these links might help you:

Matt30's M0110 build log

Thank you so much for your assistance. What is the maximum number of rows and columns for a teensy2.0? I know row+column = how many pins are needed, but which pins on the Teensy are valid? Everything except for 2*(vcc, gnd), PD6, and RST? How does the tmk firmware know which pin is mapped to a row/column?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #3486 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 08:59:22 »

Matt30's M0110 build log

Thank you so much for your assistance. What is the maximum number of rows and columns for a teensy2.0? I know row+column = how many pins are needed, but which pins on the Teensy are valid? Everything except for 2*(vcc, gnd), PD6, and RST? How does the tmk firmware know which pin is mapped to a row/column?

Hate to tell ya but this is starting to get beyond the scope of Simple Q&A but here or here would be good threads to further pursue this topic.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3487 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 09:01:44 »
What is the maximum number of rows and columns for a teensy2.0? I know row+column = how many pins are needed, but which pins on the Teensy are valid? Everything except for 2*(vcc, gnd), PD6, and RST? How does the tmk firmware know which pin is mapped to a row/column?

Isn't all the Teensy info in the Soarer thread? And you can look up the Hasu TMK firmware thread for more info as well.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #3488 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 10:48:58 »
the teensy 2.0 can use all the pins.
the teensy 1 has 2 pins dedicated to led's
for the pinouts of the teensy 2.0 go here
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/pinout.html

edit1:
26 pins total

poker layout = 14 cols + 5 rows = 19 pins
75% layout = 15 cols + 6 rows = 21 pins

this is not counting the led's that you can use the remaining pins for with led's

you also need to look at hasu's firmware for more information.
It is the thread that helped me the most with my alps hardwired keyboard.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.0

edit2: I do not know a way to say this in text on a webpage to show that I am not trying to be a **** with this statement but here is a shot at it.

If you do you know anything about coding or are looking for someone to write the firmware for you, I would suggest that you not continue down this path.

If you have a willingness to learn basic code structure in C programming language then I am sure we will help you get the information you need.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 11:22:07 by domoaligato »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3489 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 11:50:23 »
Nyan Cat Set: what profile is it: looks OEM, but dye sub... So unsure.  And is it on pure white PBT or off-white?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #3490 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 11:53:53 »
Why do windowed stepped-caps lock key make people so wet?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3491 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 11:54:29 »

That is simply, not a simple question.

That question deserves a thread in off-topic.  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3492 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 11:54:58 »

Like most things on this forum: personal preference. They look nice with an LED underneath.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3493 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 13:32:48 »
Nyan Cat Set: what profile is it: looks OEM, but dye sub... So unsure.  And is it on pure white PBT or off-white?

I don't know anything about this set but I did find a picture from BunnyLake. The set compared to a 3D.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #3494 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 13:35:00 »
Thank you.  It appears it's thin PBT, DSC profile, so semi-close to Cherry profile.  Also looks pure white from all the photos, at least before the dye.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #3495 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 13:35:09 »

dcs profile good sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Narcix

« Reply #3496 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 13:46:55 »
Dunno if this is the right place to ask, pardon me if it isn't.
if i buy a keyboard and 2 keycaps from qtan's store, will they be shipped in the same package?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3497 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 13:47:37 »
Dunno if this is the right place to ask, pardon me if it isn't.
if i buy a keyboard and 2 keycaps from qtan's store, will they be shipped in the same package?

I honestly don't know but if its literally 2 caps I don't see why not. You can try PMing him or posting in his vendor forum.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #3498 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 17:23:22 »
I was looking at the '356mini' photo album on deskthority. I noticed he was using screws on PCB mount cherry stabilisers, as you can see in this photo. Is it normal to do this? Can it be done with them stock, or do I need to modifiy them?
rest of album here : http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/356mini-t5185.html
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #3499 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:47:53 »
This is regarding Cherry MX keychains, do these allow you to remove the switch, or are the switches glued in?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:51:11 by mohitgarg »