Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474180 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [In Production] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB - $9/set
« Reply #1850 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 17:46:01 »
Swiggity swag I won't be around then :( QQ guess I have to wait for my caps

Where are you going?  You're not coming with me to swim in keycaps at Elton's house?

There will be no swimming in keycaps please.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline gigibecali

« Reply #1851 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 05:15:55 »

Where are you going?  You're not coming with me to swim in keycaps at Elton's house?

You guys have really weird fantasies :)
IBM M - UK  |  QFR reds  |  QFR blacks  |  HPE 87 browns  |  HPE 87 blues

Offline elton5354

Re: [In Production] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB
« Reply #1852 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 12:58:06 »
So next week on the 24th I have to go to the customs office to sign documents, clear customs, and probably pay taxes for the 25 boxes..  After that they will release them and I'll get the delivery.  1 more week guys and the fun will begin...

It better go smoothly, and not like the show Border Security..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1853 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 14:14:49 »
So next week on the 24th I have to go to the customs office to sign documents, clear customs, and probably pay taxes for the 25 boxes..  After that they will release them and I'll get the delivery.  1 more week guys and the fun will begin...

It better go smoothly, and not like the show Border Security..

Good luck!

And remember - pictures of the boxes at least, please :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline purple_haze

« Reply #1854 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:39:50 »
when is america getting their keys shipped?
Das Keyboard Silent S MX Browns | Filco Majestouch 2 MX Browns | Filco Majestouch MX Blues TKL

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1855 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:42:47 »

I'm getting them next Friday.

Pictures? Definitely. When had I ever disappoint in that category? ;)

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #1856 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 20:30:36 »

Every time I see this hint of keycap swimming, it reminds me of Dom Deluise as Caesar in "History of the world part 1". After he has a treasure bath, he removes something that got 'stuck', hands it to a slave and says 'wash this'. I just know I would end up with those keycaps :P So as Rowdy says, no swimming please.

feature=player_detailpage#t=194
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #1857 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 15:49:16 »

Every time I see this hint of keycap swimming, it reminds me of Dom Deluise as Caesar in "History of the world part 1". After he has a treasure bath, he removes something that got 'stuck', hands it to a slave and says 'wash this'. I just know I would end up with those keycaps :P So as Rowdy says, no swimming please.

feature=player_detailpage#t=194

Don't worry guys I shower everyday and I wear deodorant, it will be fine.  :D

No I'm not going to swim in keycaps don't worry.  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1858 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 16:54:59 »

Damn I can't believe this opened in May.. right around when I joined.

And its finally coming to an end!! Congrats elton.. almost there

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1859 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 18:05:17 »

Damn I can't believe this opened in May.. right around when I joined.

And its finally coming to an end!! Congrats elton.. almost there

This is about average for group buys, especially those with large MOQ.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1860 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 18:44:36 »
Can't wait.....I've got a lot of caps incoming from this GB!

Thanks again for hosting this GB and the one for the Spacebars!

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #1861 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 04:13:49 »

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #1863 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 06:19:39 »
I can't wait for my key sets!I 'm so psyched at how these turned out! The only bummer is I never got the green set; at least I got everything else!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1864 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 10:07:11 »
I can't wait for my key sets!I 'm so psyched at how these turned out! The only bummer is I never got the green set; at least I got everything else!
don't worry that's why I got the green one, to make you jelly down the road.

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline mark_thaddeus

« Reply #1865 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 18:49:04 »
Thank you but I won't be as jelly since my theme revolves around blue, white, red, black combination of some sort for every build I've made, so having green keycaps would be off (for me at least)  :thumb:

Offline elton5354

Re: [Shipping] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB
« Reply #1866 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 13:03:37 »
At Canada Border Service Agency. What a hassle. Made me open up a business number and all sort of things. Now waiting for the papers to be processed. Once it's all done, I'll have to go to the import agency to drop off the documents.

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #1867 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 13:40:47 »
At Canada Border Service Agency. What a hassle. Made me open up a business number and all sort of things. Now waiting for the papers to be processed. Once it's all done, I'll have to go to the import agency to drop off the documents.

Making stuff together, compressed cocaine keycaps to be smuggled through the Canada border. Overall a good plan, but they make an unsatisfactory clunk when bottomed out.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1868 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 14:06:35 »

Thank you Elton for your continuing dedication to this massive GB, although at this stage you can hardly fail to see it through ;)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1869 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 14:09:44 »
Thanks elton for all your efforts!

Offline xpistalpetex

« Reply #1870 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 20:05:42 »
thank you elton

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1871 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 09:37:56 »
Thx Elton! :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline bianco

« Reply #1872 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 10:14:49 »
thank you Elton!

Offline Neal

« Reply #1873 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 11:21:50 »
Good job Elton :D

Offline anotherbaal

« Reply #1874 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:04:47 »
Thanks Elton!
See you soon!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1875 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:08:02 »
NP..getting them in the morning. Can't wait..

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1876 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:08:41 »

Good luck!  I hope you bring a truck with you and an army of muscled men to carry all those caps home :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1877 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:09:52 »

Good luck!  I hope you bring a truck with you and an army of muscled men to carry all those caps home :)

The truck is coming to my house.  I hope they will help me unload the boxes though! haha..

EDIT:

I'm going to start printing those shipping labels from PayPal on the weekend, so if you get an email that says your order is shipped, it's not.  I'm just going to print all those out beforehand.  I'll update on the google doc whether your order is shipped or not.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:17:53 by elton5354 »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1878 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:53:02 »
Last chance...  I am willing to take over your order if you have had a change of heart.  :P

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1879 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:54:18 »
Last chance...  I am willing to take over your order if you have had a change of heart.  :P

My order of 60 sets? ;)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1880 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 00:59:14 »

The truck is coming to my house.  I hope they will help me unload the boxes though! haha..

EDIT:

I'm going to start printing those shipping labels from PayPal on the weekend, so if you get an email that says your order is shipped, it's not.  I'm just going to print all those out beforehand.  I'll update on the google doc whether your order is shipped or not.
May the force be with you...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #1881 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 01:02:52 »

My order of 60 sets? ;)

Haha, maybe I should be careful with that statement.  I might have to start a store if I took over that order.  ;)  I see a lot of people have not paid yet and the caps are close to shipping, so I figured there is no harm in trying...  :P

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1882 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 01:07:57 »
Updated a new google doc without the unpaid orders...lol

EDIT: The paid sets are the only sets I've ordered, so there are no extra sets for unpaid orders.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2013, 01:17:08 by elton5354 »

Offline xpistalpetex

« Reply #1883 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 01:35:48 »
woot woot go elton

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #1884 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 04:58:54 »
 ^-^
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2013, 01:12:55 by PointyFox »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1885 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 05:22:27 »
Just noticed the spreadsheet says I didn't pay, but I paid on July 16th.  :(

Can I get a refund if you didn't order enough sets?   :'(

Don't worry! I guess it's just a minor mistake and it was not updated in the spreadsheet.

I think Elton ordered so many sets himself to be prepared for cases like this. I am convinced Elton will make sure you get the sets you already paid for :)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1886 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 07:59:53 »
You are right..sorry. I just counted all the paid orders on PP and it's 362 and I have 361 paid orders on my google doc.  You are one unlucky guy.  Lol.  I'll get you your sets from my stash.

Offline hbdongdg

« Reply #1887 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 08:25:24 »
I can't wait the caps.... :(

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1888 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:43:52 »
Well I just received them. Came in a skid.... They just dropped it on my front porch lol

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1889 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:45:37 »
Well I just received them. Came in a skid.... They just dropped it on my front porch lol

Show Image

Unpackaging time!!!!!
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1890 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:46:06 »
Haha, they probably had no idea what's inside :D

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1891 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:48:04 »
They were like where do you want them? In the house....they looked confused lol

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1892 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:52:21 »
They were like where do you want them? In the house....they looked confused lol

hahaha  :))

Soooooo many caps!! Dafuq  :p

Offline YongJK

« Reply #1893 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:56:41 »
What's wrong with TaiHao Spacebar ?
It is impossible to mount at all.

Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1894 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 12:58:30 »

Interesting--those aren't on their 5x spacebar that I have.  They almost look like something for Alps switches, which they produce.  Hrmm...  wire cutter and snip those off carefully?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1895 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:06:17 »

Is that their 7x spacebar? Have you tried cutting these pieces off carefully?

Offline YongJK

« Reply #1896 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:11:02 »

Interesting--those aren't on their 5x spacebar that I have.  They almost look like something for Alps switches, which they produce.  Hrmm...  wire cutter and snip those off carefully?

Is that their 7x spacebar? Have you tried cutting these pieces off carefully?
I will verify from my buyer next week.
Since those sets are theirs.
Or I will ask them to lend me a unit to try.
FYI, it is 7x spacebar
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:12:41 by YongJK »
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #1897 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:17:10 »
They look like stabilizer mount spot for ALPS stabilizers.  At least on Matias, the stabilizers are similar to Costar where you get a plastic piece to insert to the side, except on ALPS the stems are squared.

Maybe try it clip it off like people said.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline meeekus

« Reply #1898 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:28:46 »
I was expecting pics of a kiddy pool with elton swimming in caps, so disappointing.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1899 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 13:37:35 »
Sorry, I just had a work out bringing in the boxes. 

I also don't know anything about the space bars...hopefully you can use it by snipping off that part..