Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474201 times)

Offline bianco

Re: Tai Hao 104 Coloured DS Key Caps Set Group Buy - $9/set
« Reply #750 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 02:17:43 »
Yes, the green looks a bit "washed out".  Looks like the top part is very thin and is showing small spots of the white shots underneath.

Show Image

that is a nice deep red.
hope this gb goes through!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #751 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 04:39:33 »
You'd think they would provide the best sample they could to potential group buyers, but maybe this is just a random sample.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #752 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 04:40:26 »
China don't give a fu

Btw I like that the green samples are $$
I love Elzy

Offline Poom

« Reply #753 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 08:58:45 »
I cant get my head around it, why cant they make 6.25 spacebars?

Offline tgujay

« Reply #754 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 09:20:55 »

They don't have the mold.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Poom

« Reply #755 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 09:27:55 »

Oh thanks, anyone know where I can get matching color spacebars? or at least close to them. especially within Europe.

Offline Poom

« Reply #756 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 09:33:08 »
these keys work with both cherry and costar stabilizers?

Offline Bencze

« Reply #757 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 10:41:43 »
Is there any way to know what I ordered? I think it was 3 sets (shipping) but not sure which... :/
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline elton5354

« Reply #758 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 11:49:30 »
these keys work with both cherry and costar stabilizers?

Yeah

Is there any way to know what I ordered? I think it was 3 sets (shipping) but not sure which... :/

A set of blue, red, and yellow

Offline zulios

« Reply #759 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 12:12:12 »
May I confirm my order with you too elton5354 ?
Should be 2 black, 1 yellow 1 red, right  ?

Tipro matrix - mx black

Offline tgujay

« Reply #760 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 13:58:22 »

Oh thanks, anyone know where I can get matching color spacebars? or at least close to them. especially within Europe.

No idea within Europe, I'm just going to WASD for off color spacebars of the same profile.  Signature Plastics have similar colors but different profile.
Gotta collect them all

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #761 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 17:56:59 »
Seems like orders have slowed down quite a bit.

Green, Black and Yellow seem to stagnate at ~320 orders. Maybe we should drop one of them by voting.

I have ordered 7 sets. If one color is dropped I'd fill up my order to 7 sets again with one of the "unpopular" colors to help them reach MOQ.

Before dropping a colour I would perhaps ask Tai Hao if they can reduce the MOQ on the other colours, and let them know we'll do 500 on some colours as it is currently anyway. I reckon we could push for 400 orders on the others, that's still worth it for Tai Hao to manufacture.

EDIT: If that fails, I would also be happy to fill up my order of 7 sets if we drop a colour. Unless it is black which is dropped as I really only want coloured modifiers / highlights with the other colours. If black is dropped I'd have to bail on the whole GB which would be a shame.

Same here, will join for 1 of each sets, but if 1 color fails, I might be out...
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #762 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 21:41:32 »
I think you should reduce quantity of MOQ :D

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #763 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 22:17:25 »
Ok, I just made my order of 1x Black and 1x Blue, but after reading the struggle with the MOQ in the comments, I'd like to add 1x Red and 1x Green to my order. Christmas is going to be nicely themed this year.

Appreciate it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #764 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 22:33:34 »
Ok, I just made my order of 1x Black and 1x Blue, but after reading the struggle with the MOQ in the comments, I'd like to add 1x Red and 1x Green to my order. Christmas is going to be nicely themed this year.

Appreciate it.

No love for yellow?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline elton5354

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #766 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 22:49:11 »
You guys can view your orders here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akw9rY8oi1o6dG9PUmRBblFrZ1NES1F6OHhTYWhXU0E&output=html

Just a though - does KeyPop and the like want everyone knowing how many they ordered?

Offline Defying

• (suffer on)
« Reply #767 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 22:52:44 »
Can you change my order to:

1x Red
1x Blue
1x Black

Please? Thank you :)

Offline elton5354

« Reply #768 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 22:55:23 »

Just a though - does KeyPop and the like want everyone knowing how many they ordered?

He did announced he ordered 10%  of the orders before..I can put it down/ hide their orders if they want.

Can you change my order to:

1x Red
1x Blue
1x Black

Please? Thank you :)

Sure

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #769 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 23:07:48 »
well i submitted an order, this is just to good to pass up, and im going to need some caps for for my ansi150 phantom... I just recently realized i wont have any caps to fit the bottom row lol

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 23:36:02 »

Appreciate it.

No love for yellow?

Haha, I would have a really hard time already fitting red and green in anything I'd use, and only stretched it because of Christmas really. So sorry.

Offline DarSee

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 00:14:47 »

Appreciate it.

No love for yellow?

Haha, I would have a really hard time already fitting red and green in anything I'd use, and only stretched it because of Christmas really. So sorry.

Being in the fall with the leaves changing colors and all,
I could see red and yellow being used for Thanksgiving colors. 

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #772 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 00:34:53 »

Appreciate it.

No love for yellow?

And yet we don't celebrate this holiday in my country, you're out of luck. Sorry  :D

By the way, has any decent solution for the spacebars been thought of yet? There's no way to make the 7x fit, is that correct? Is there any way to organize a Group Buy for colored spacebars that match the colors of this GB?

Offline actionbastard

« Reply #773 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 00:40:16 »
XArmor U9BL-S | Ducky DK9008G2 PRO | ErgoDox (soon)

Offline legodt

« Reply #774 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 00:46:38 »
Do orders go out when 500 orders are received for a color or when the color is available?

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 00:56:19 »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akw9rY8oi1o6dG9PUmRBblFrZ1NES1F6OHhTYWhXU0E&output=html

err..  could you change my yellow order to red?

Thank you

But red has already reached MOQ... You're doing it wrong...
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #776 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 01:15:13 »
elton, there is a discrepancy in my order, it is 1 black not 11.

Offline pcandkbguy

« Reply #777 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 01:20:15 »
Just placed my order for 1 set of blue and 1 set of green. Looks like all is in order on the group form for me as well.

Excited to see these, can't pass on the price.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 04:23:25 »
No love for yellow?

Good thinking, that man!  Except down here it is the middle of winter atm ;)

By the way, has any decent solution for the spacebars been thought of yet? There's no way to make the 7x fit, is that correct? Is there any way to organize a Group Buy for colored spacebars that match the colors of this GB?

I think most people are either getting one from WASD (which would match profile, but not colour) or from SP (which would be a much closer match for colour, but have a (slightly) different profile.  Your choice if you prefer profile or colour match :)

There might even be a GB for space bars, but I think someone else will need to organise that.

Offline Poom

« Reply #779 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 05:12:37 »
If someone can organize another group buy for 6.25 spacebar of matching profile and color, woudl be lovely! and ill definitely get a few more sets.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #780 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 05:50:23 »
If someone can organize another group buy for 6.25 spacebar of matching profile and color, woudl be lovely! and ill definitely get a few more sets.

Matching the profile AND the colour is the problem at the moment.

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #781 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 10:36:47 »
Does SP sells single spacebars with custom colors? Or would it have to be a Group Buy? I don't think I've seen the option to do so.

I don't think I'd mind the slightly different profile, as long as the colors match.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #782 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 11:33:39 »
Does SP sells single spacebars with custom colors? Or would it have to be a Group Buy? I don't think I've seen the option to do so.

I don't think I'd mind the slightly different profile, as long as the colors match.

It's not very slight.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Galaxy

« Reply #783 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 11:59:09 »
Another long time lurker here, finally signed up to get in on this group buy.

do not forget to go back and order that set of black that you neglected to order your first time through. You may think you can mix and match another color in with your existing black keys, but think about the font mismatches, people... Think. About. The. Fonts!

I didn't think about the fonts. Please add a set of blacks to my order.

Actually, please adjust my order to 1 of every color.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 June 2013, 12:21:15 by Galaxy »
Filco Majestouch 2     Ducky Zero DK2108

Offline tgujay

« Reply #784 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 12:53:48 »
Another long time lurker here, finally signed up to get in on this group buy.

do not forget to go back and order that set of black that you neglected to order your first time through. You may think you can mix and match another color in with your existing black keys, but think about the font mismatches, people... Think. About. The. Fonts!

I didn't think about the fonts. Please add a set of blacks to my order.

Actually, please adjust my order to 1 of every color.

That's the spirit.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #785 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 12:59:09 »
Is there anywhere else we can advertise this GB? I'd hate for anyone to not be able to get the color they really want.

Offline Quiksmage

« Reply #786 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:36:33 »
Hi, I just heard about this and made an account to ask.

I have a ducky dk9008? I think that's the name

and a Das keyboard

Do these keycaps (spacebar specifically) work on these keyboards? If so, I'm in for 1 of each color =D.

Thank you kindly.

Offline Topre

« Reply #787 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 14:37:52 »
Hi, I just heard about this and made an account to ask.

I have a ducky dk9008? I think that's the name

and a Das keyboard

Do these keycaps (spacebar specifically) work on these keyboards? If so, I'm in for 1 of each color =D.

Thank you kindly.

No, the spacebar will not fit on the Ducky DK9008 or Das Keyboard. All the other keycaps will fit fine.

« Reply #788 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:04:50 »
Does this 7x spacebar fit the CM Storm Quickfire TK?

Thanks!

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:07:31 »

Thanks!

nope. cm storm uses a 6.25x

Offline Halvar

« Reply #790 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 15:10:38 »

Elton please help ...  it seems that I screwed up my order. What I really wanted was 1 of every color, not 2 yellow and 0 black. Could you change that for me? Thanks a lot!

Offline elton5354

« Reply #791 on: Thu, 27 June 2013, 18:53:22 »
Updated

Offline Topre

« Reply #792 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 01:14:57 »

Thanks!

Nope, the Cooler Master Storm TK uses a 6x spacebar.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #793 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 01:36:36 »

Thanks!

No man you're all wrong it uses a 6.5x...
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #794 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 02:03:04 »

Thanks!

Just summarise and say it does not have 7x ;)

Offline Topre

« Reply #795 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 03:46:09 »

Thanks!

Nope, the groupbuy does have 7x spacebars. Infact, that is the only kind of spacebar it has.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #796 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 03:54:26 »
They were talking about the spacebar of the Coolermaster Storm TK...

But yes this GB only offers a 7x spacebar

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #797 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 04:15:15 »

Thanks!

Nope, the groupbuy does have 7x spacebars. Infact, that is the only kind of spacebar it has.

Sorry, I meant that the Quickfire TK does not have a 7x space bar.

Offline Topre

« Reply #798 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 04:33:24 »

Thanks!

Sorry, I meant that the Quickfire TK does not have a 7x space bar.

Yep, the Quickfire TK has a 6x spacebar.

I guess I have to put a smiley face for people to understand it was a joke. :))

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #799 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 05:01:02 »
Joined geekhack just for this groupbuy.
First of many, I should hope.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.