Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB  (Read 474201 times)

Offline salmo

• messmore.org
Re: [INVOICING - DEADLINE JULY 31] Tai Hao 110 Coloured DS Set GB - $9/set
« Reply #1350 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 08:58:08 »
I understood the first part, but What do you mean by "All things considered, it's pretty amazing for a company to bring a new product to market for someone to buy on Amazon in 6 months, and they don't do this on the side.  "?

I mean it usually takes a company more than 6 months to bring a new product to market (from an idea to sitting on shelves).  Elton's on track to beat that, and this isn't his job.  He's organizing this for free on the side.   In fact, some times the folks running GB's take a bit of a loss due to people flaking out, unexpected costs they have to absorb, etc.  And they have jobs and families and lives and stuff.  It's easy to forget that when you're paying money for something, but he's really doing a solid job here.  And he's very open and responsive.

But when this is all done, you'll have some cool stuff (for cheap) that you can't buy off the shelf anywhere and you contributed to make it happen.  That's pretty awesome.

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1351 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 09:03:26 »
I understood the first part, but What do you mean by "All things considered, it's pretty amazing for a company to bring a new product to market for someone to buy on Amazon in 6 months, and they don't do this on the side.  "?

I mean it usually takes a company more than 6 months to bring a new product to market (from an idea to sitting on shelves).  Elton's on track to beat that, and this isn't his job.  He's organizing this for free on the side.   In fact, some times the folks running GB's take a bit of a loss due to people flaking out, unexpected costs they have to absorb, etc.  And they have jobs and families and lives and stuff.  It's easy to forget that when you're paying money for something, but he's really doing a solid job here.  And he's very open and responsive.

But when this is all done, you'll have some cool stuff (for cheap) that you can't buy off the shelf anywhere and you contributed to make it happen.  That's pretty awesome.

yeah that couldn't be more clear to read for a newb. Thanks!

Offline Rancid Ska

« Reply #1352 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 09:30:15 »
I'm all paid up and good to go!  Looking forward to some sweet double shots!
KBT Race (Green LED) | KBT One | KBC Poker

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #1353 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 14:49:26 »
Hi elton, i saw the group very late so can i oder

2x Black
1x Red
1x Yellow
1x Green
1x Blue

All without the spacebar! Is it still possible?

Offline codymaust

« Reply #1354 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 15:02:31 »
Unfortunately, I have to wait until the last day to pay my invoice :(

I will be paying though

Offline tgujay

« Reply #1355 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 15:45:39 »

2x Black
1x Red
1x Yellow
1x Green
1x Blue

No.
Gotta collect them all

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1356 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 16:04:19 »

2x Black
1x Red
1x Yellow
1x Green
1x Blue

No.

He was asking Elton not you.....
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #1357 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 17:37:59 »
Elton already closed ordering on July 12, and already turned someone down earlier. IMO, it's not necessary for him to personally respond to each new person asking to place an order.
To anyone wanting to get in late, wait until Elton delivers orders, and there will be plenty for sale everywhere.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1358 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:01:01 »
Or maybe someone who wants to back out could reassign their order?  If that doesn't create too much shipping confusion for elton :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KeyPop

• * Vendor
  • www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
« Reply #1359 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:10:59 »
Just a reminder if you're short on orders we're always here to fill in the gaps!

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1360 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:14:24 »
If you need sets they'll be for sale from keypop.net not long after people receive their sets.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1361 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:22:51 »
Just a reminder if you're short on orders we're always here to fill in the gaps!

Just curious - will you be making/sourcing 6.25x space bars with matching profile and/or colour?

Given the number of sets of Tai Hao that have sold, just selling the space bars might be a profitable undertaking ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KeyPop

• * Vendor
  • www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
« Reply #1362 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:23:26 »

Just curious - will you be making/sourcing 6.25x space bars with matching profile and/or colour?

Given the number of sets of Tai Hao that have sold, just selling the space bars might be a profitable undertaking ;)

We're working on something ;]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1363 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 19:43:09 »

Sweeeeet :D

Offline salmo

• messmore.org

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #1365 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 20:55:55 »

if that's the case, and you guys can match profiles and colors I think you should consider the off stemmed stepped capslock too, if possible that is :)
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Defying

• (suffer on)
« Reply #1366 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:04:54 »

Oh yes. If they match profile + color.. expect 5+ orders from me.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1367 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 01:46:53 »

if [...] you guys can match profiles and colors [...]

Better to stay realistic here und don't get expectations too high. Keypop.net bought 45 of each color. I don't see where they could possibly source spacebars that match color and profile for numbers in this ballpark. Matching colors will be very hard anyways.

I expect a "working on something" to mean a white and maybe a black spacebar in a fitting profile.

Offline Poom

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #1369 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 02:27:05 »
thanks to all. I hope there will be a group sale again then I will give up my order early enough.

So long must my old Filco keycaps still standing.     ;D

Offline lyrill

« Reply #1370 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 06:50:27 »
thanks to all. I hope there will be a group sale again then I will give up my order early enough.

how long have u used them? which model?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1371 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 11:19:20 »
Paid.  Finally!

:-X

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1372 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 16:46:24 »

Thank you.  I hope the sets won't go under the MOQ after the deadline though!

Offline rinv

• pandadvantage
« Reply #1373 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 22:51:18 »
i submitted an order yesterday without realizing the orders were closed.
sad to have missed it. really hope keypop has some blue sets for me to buy~

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1374 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 02:57:59 »
i submitted an order yesterday without realizing the orders were closed.
sad to have missed it. really hope keypop has some blue sets for me to buy~

You might just squeeze in if someone else cancels - there is some small concern whether some colours will drop below MOQ if a few people do not pay on time.

Maybe, just maybe, Elton will let someone else step up and take their orders if you are prepared to pay there and then.

Otherwise yes, it is likely that a vendor or two might have a few sets for sale, and you might even see them coming up in Classifieds.

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #1375 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 04:17:29 »
Paid.  Finally!

Offline TaNaKa$_

« Reply #1376 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 04:40:45 »

how long have u used them? which model?

i've two brand new FILCO Majestouch-2 full size with german layout. after one week the keycaps goes shiny. after 8 weeks the lettering the right alt key button broke slowly ( I use the key extremely often while playing DayZ).

I am very disappointed by the quality of the Filco keycaps. On the one hand the keybaord is of very hight qualitty on the other Hand
the keycaps are bull**** (they are not for everyday use). so I have the alt / ctrl keys replaced with new ones, double shots from elitekeyboards.com.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #1377 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 20:20:16 »
Finally checked my other email address and saw the invoice, paid now!  I forgot to change the shipping address within Paypal, will you be using the addresses we submitted instead?
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline mexilew

« Reply #1378 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 20:25:19 »
sorry, but can you refund my order? my friends decided not to buy the keycaps as they said it was too long. im really sorry for the inconvience

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1379 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 21:10:23 »
sorry, but can you refund my order? my friends decided not to buy the keycaps as they said it was too long. im really sorry for the inconvience

Ok

Finally checked my other email address and saw the invoice, paid now!  I forgot to change the shipping address within Paypal, will you be using the addresses we submitted instead?

I'll ship with the address you provided in the order form.

Offline purple_haze

« Reply #1380 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 00:56:29 »
sorry it was a little late, but you are now paid.
Das Keyboard Silent S MX Browns | Filco Majestouch 2 MX Browns | Filco Majestouch MX Blues TKL

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1381 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 00:44:16 »
sorry it was a little late, but you are now paid.

Not late at all! Late is after the deadline. :P

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1382 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 02:27:21 »
Just paid now. 

I somehow missed my invoice.  Sorry about that.  Too many e-mails and sometimes my mind starts going into zombie-mode after a long day at work. 

Offline Talfrey

« Reply #1383 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 04:23:40 »
I paid... a while ago. Not sure if I need to confirm this, but everyone else did.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1384 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 05:28:36 »
I paid... a while ago. Not sure if I need to confirm this, but everyone else did.

No need to confirm - we are all just so excited that we have to share our excitement ;)

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #1385 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 06:08:04 »
My status is still "Invoiced" two weeks after payment :(
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline Talfrey

« Reply #1386 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 07:13:22 »
I don't appear on the order list at all, but I paid, just want to confirm I am still okay?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1387 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 07:21:19 »
You are on the list Talfrey. 

Also I updated your order heissler.

Offline heissler

• I engineer invisible stuff
« Reply #1388 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 07:37:35 »
Thanks! I'm hyped :-)
Has trouble not spending money on keyboards

Offline meeekus

« Reply #1389 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 10:55:52 »
Hopefully those last 98 invoiced orders are end of the month paycheck people.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #1390 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:06:28 »
Indeed
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline Sai

« Reply #1391 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:45:12 »
paid
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Tranquilite

« Reply #1392 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 00:29:23 »
paid

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1393 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 02:27:55 »
I'm still getting some messages from people asking why I'm not shipping their key caps yet..mainly from people who doesn't speak/read English well..

The Schedule:
  • Invoicing: Deadline will be July 31st, 2013 (May extend few more days for people with monthly paycheques)
  • Payment Submission to Tai Hao: 1-3 days after payment deadline after I sort everything out
  • Production Lead Time: Around 6 weeks for them to produce and pack each set into individual bags
  • Shipping to me: After production, shipping to me will take around 4 weeks. Some may get it sooner because I'm sending some directly to some people with large orders (>100 sets)
  • Shipping to you: After I received the key cap sets, I will start packing and shipping them out. May take a week to ship them all.
  • So all in all, I'll get the caps maybe end of September or early October.

So please understand this..
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 July 2013, 02:29:32 by elton5354 »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1394 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 04:05:57 »
Although it hurts for me to say so, but I have to. I will have to drop, my PayPal buddy has backed out, 3 of the 7 orders were for him, and we were paying using his PayPal. :(

I ha ordered:
2x red
2x yellow
1x green
1x blue
1x black

If anyone wants, they are welcome to take over my order.

Offline Tama

« Reply #1395 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 04:58:35 »
Am i too late to order 2 sets of blue?

I have the cash to pay right now.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1396 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 05:09:03 »

Send me a PM with your information.

PP email
Full name and address

Offline Tama

« Reply #1397 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 05:19:04 »

Send me a PM with your information.

PP email
Full name and address

cool thanks, sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1398 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 05:20:35 »
Is it worth listing, maybe in the first post or two, the quantities of each colour that people have dropped out from buying?

So that anyone who arrives late to order can still grab someone else's commitment?

Or would that be too much of an organisational headache?

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1399 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 05:29:53 »
Sent you a message, please have a look elton.