Author Topic: What did you lose in the mail today?  (Read 4093 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
What did you lose in the mail today?
« on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:40:47 »
This is the thread where you can vent all your shipping issues.  Did something not show up after saying it was delivered?  Did something just not show up after months of waiting?  Or did the post decide to desecrate your package in unholy ways?  Tell everyone why you hate your post office.

For me, it's some hinges and clasps for some woodworking projects I was waiting for over a month now to get to me from China.  Now it's official some 45-50 days out, it's not going to make it here except by act of god. 

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: What did you lose in the mail today?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:41:51 »
Good post man.. Going on 5 weeks for a non tracked package from Australia with 3 clacks. 1 rare 1 medium 1 common.

Offline Snigeln

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:43:15 »
This is a sad, sad topic..
HHKB Pro JP Ducky Mini Ducky G2Pro

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 20:52:44 »
200 o rings for e cigs from china that are supposed to work with caps too

paid $2, its been over a month, don't really care anymore at this point and even forgot the website that i ordered from

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:00:38 »
I lost a set of Cherry doubleshots from the UK.  Never doing international shipping again.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:01:44 »
today? nothing.

but my hardest lost was $350 sneakers.

ill never forgive USPS for that.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline regack

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:11:40 »
UPS has mis-delivered so many packages 1 block away to [123 Queue St] instead of [123 Qwerty St] that I have a category in my email called 'UPS Fail'.  Most recently it was $89 of stuff from Amazon that vanished into the nether on December 4th.  Many times the packages are found in the mailroom at the apartment building at [123 Queue St] but sometimes they are never found.  Most annoying is that when looking at tracking it always says 'Delivered.'

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 21:36:06 »
I too am missing some packages from China.  Shipped on Oct. 27th.  I will just reorder when I get around to it.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 00:21:47 »
UPS has mis-delivered so many packages 1 block away to [123 Queue St] instead of [123 Qwerty St] that I have a category in my email called 'UPS Fail'.  Most recently it was $89 of stuff from Amazon that vanished into the nether on December 4th.  Many times the packages are found in the mailroom at the apartment building at [123 Queue St] but sometimes they are never found.  Most annoying is that when looking at tracking it always says 'Delivered.'

That sucks.  And of course, the USPS will offer you no recourse for the continued fail.  Any chance of becoming friends with whoever lives at 123 Queue St?

I get lots of my neighbor's mail delivered to my apartment.  It makes me worry about how much of my stuff is delivered to someplace else.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 00:23:40 »
Difficult for me to know, because almost everything I buy comes from overseas and takes 2 to 5 weeks to arrive.

Only one thing I have lost so far - a PS/2 to USB adaptor.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 00:25:03 »
Im so sad of mine
I bought a gold storm trooper girldc keycap that never came, seller is nowhere to be found online now
And I paid a heck of price for it and no tracking since shipping to my coutry is expensive already
Its been on shipping since August

Im a trooper freak and it is my dream cap, I have to buy another one and luckily ethos has been very generous with the price
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 00:26:04 »
today? nothing.

Biggest fail in that situation is spending $350 on sneakers.  Second biggest fail is not insuring a $350 package.

Of course the whole idea of insurance really grinds my gears when I think about it.  It's like a protection scheme.  "Sure, pay the toll and I'll take this package where you want it to go.  Of course, it would be a SHAME if something happened to it... tell you what: give me a few more under the table and I'll make sure it stays safe"
effing bastards... what am I paying you postage for if you're just free to lose it at will!?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 00:28:55 »
Oh, just thought of another lost-in-the-mail story.

Buy controller from bpiphany, EU->US.
1st controller sent.
(weeks go by)
1st controller apparently lost in the mail.
2nd controller sent.
(another week goes by)
2nd controller received.
(more weeks go by)
1st controller received.

crazy

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 00:32:18 »
today? nothing.

Biggest fail in that situation is spending $350 on sneakers.  Second biggest fail is not insuring a $350 package.

Of course the whole idea of insurance really grinds my gears when I think about it.  It's like a protection scheme.  "Sure, pay the toll and I'll take this package where you want it to go.  Of course, it would be a SHAME if something happened to it... tell you what: give me a few more under the table and I'll make sure it stays safe"
effing bastards... what am I paying you postage for if you're just free to lose it at will!?

Only cost $8 to insure $500 international, might as well honestly. Probably adds up in the long run but it's just a small fraction.

OT:

Lost a package to Bunnylake when I first joined ($8 in kit kats and some $70 sweater) :|
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:07:46 »
Oh, just thought of another lost-in-the-mail story.

Buy controller from bpiphany, EU->US.
1st controller sent.
(weeks go by)
1st controller apparently lost in the mail.
2nd controller sent.
(another week goes by)
2nd controller received.
(more weeks go by)
1st controller received.

crazy

I hope this is what happens to me.. The package I "lost" was sent before 2 that I have received. So maybe it'll magically arrive.

Offline eujin1994

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 02:09:46 »
Feng's Vortex group buy, the day he start editing the OP to "shipping out", so I assume is from November 22 or around that date. I don't blame Feng for shipping it late or anything. I love him  :p. I want my parcel to come in one piece. I think my local government is the worst, maybe there is serious political issues apart this world that I don't know. The former politician wins the previous election. Petrol price and the economy price increased. This is not due to inflation. It's the politician increasing the price even the GST goes up. Before the election, there are postman delivers to wrong house. Literally wrong house and refuse to call the recipient for more information.

Back to topic, anyway, 1st parcel from USPS, when it reaches to my country, it goes to the local post office and their workers tries to deliver them. This parcel is 1month+ old still not here yet. My 2nd one got delivered after 30days sharp, to the wrong house and the owner is kind enough to let me know that my parcel dropped by his house by mistake. He also open them by mistaken. Damn, I hate wrong owners open the box and let the smell flew away. Paid double the shipping for USPS Priority Intl and fast delivery. Maybe I shouldn't buy USPS Priority. The box appearance looks attractive that if any postman in my local country sees them, they might steal the box and open it. Hoping for my vortex keycaps to come safely and the right house. My house is located in the main district and they still friggin' deliver to the wrong house. :mad:
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 02:11:19 by eujin1994 »

Offline Rendom

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:21:59 »
Not today, but

Universal TKL Plate from WFD
MX Jack O Lantern + OG Tricolor (Same shipment)
MX Blank Candycorn

Starting to think that there's someone among us that works as a postman.
QFR - MX Blue

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:36:06 »
Not today, but

Universal TKL Plate from WFD
MX Jack O Lantern + OG Tricolor (Same shipment)
MX Blank Candycorn

Starting to think that there's someone among us that works as a postman.

i've been compromised

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:42:37 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 03:41:09 »
Clears from mkb. Tracking showed it came to the UK, but no one sent over and it was deem unclaimed. :(
Really disappointed.
On a side note, anyone knows where I can get clears ? Other from MKB.com preferably somewhere around EU.
Thanks.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 05:31:51 »
4x teensies (or it were 5?)
1x garbage bluetooth keyboard
3x ergodox pcbs
5x arduinos mini
ahhhh
I just lost the count ...
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Sai

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 06:55:53 »
2 x dolch sets for me and balanar.

- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 07:19:11 »
Shouldn't this be in another subforum?  :-X

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 11:36:56 »
today? nothing.

Well I'm glad I didn't ask you for those 350 or else I'd have to care what you think.

But I agree. It was stupid of me to not insure them.

But usps has guidelines on their insurance and just because you insure it doesn't mean you'll get the full value.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:14:39 »
This year:

-Filco TKL MX Brown without case (5 months)

-GH60 PCB and stabilizers (4 months)
  • CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline eujin1994

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:35:45 »
Assuming it's not coming. Vortex DS PBT is 32days old after it is shipped out. Not blaming the seller, blaming my local custom and the local post office new employee that delivers.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:51:30 »
been waiting 5 months for secret package to make my dreams come true

been dealing with seller for 2 months for my 'endgame' cherry keyboard

international shipping mann....

conus i've been 100% successful with since February

Offline colinm478

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:54:03 »

You live on qwerty street?

I'm jealous

Oh, and I lost one package, ever. It was a ... water pipe. I called my local post office and the manager told me he was going to look around for it. He called me an hour later that he had found it, and he ran it over to my house on his way home.

I love my post office.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:58:06 by colinm478 »

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:22:04 »
Metoo

I was traded Australia with clacks when 7weeks ago.
He is scammer.

I naver forget him  >:D
Be careful

Good post man.. Going on 5 weeks for a non tracked package from Australia with 3 clacks. 1 rare 1 medium 1 common.
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:40:38 »
Metoo

I was traded Australia with clacks when 7weeks ago.
He is scammer.

I naver forget him  >:D
Be careful

Who?

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 01:23:31 »
This thread is really upsetting... But I guess I'll tell you what my FIRST and hopefully only loss package is...(Ordered in july 2009)
a head scratcher that costed 50 cents free shipping..

Offline moonexe

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 05:16:59 »
Back when I was still into collecting playing cards, a friend of mine sent me a package for a trade that never reached its destination. So he sent another one... Same problem. I think he sent about 4 packages total, and in the end I never did receive my part of the trade...
Worst part is he actually spoke to a manager about it, got a partial refund for the first two or three packages and was told the personel would be retrained, yet the next package still got lost. :rolleyes:

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout