Author Topic: GEEKHACKERS.ORG TEMPORARY STORE  (Read 40634 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: GEEKHACKERS.ORG TEMPORARY STORE
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 13:16:55 »
hey folks, quick update:

the only thing i will be vending right now is USB adapters, soldapullts (ds017GH) and soldapullt rebuilt kits (DS017GH REBUILD and DS017LSGH REBUILD, for blue and black tips, respectively). thanks for your patience everyone. there will be an update on lubricant availability next week

ill be in for some more

the postal system stole my last order so ill look out for it coming back in
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 09:18:23 »
my god. we have to work something UK proxy out for you BL. like someone that lives within driving distance but has a different royal mail service provider.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 09:49:40 »
Any link as to where you get your ptfe bearings from?  I'm trying to find some here (UK) to help with my mixing but can't track them down.
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:04:03 »
hey folks,

i'm kind of back. a little bit. maybe not for long.

there will be an announcement on monday morning about krytox lube availability.

things are progressing on the panavise front. i am hoping to start a gb-style thread for the panavises done up in full GH gear next week. melvang has been incredibly helpful here, and has found both an amazing powdercoater that hopefully will become our main paint shop, and melvang himself will be doing some mechanical modifications to the vises to beef them up something fierce.

i still have quite a large stock of USB adapters, soldapullts and soldapullt rebuild kits. happy to accept orders for those items.

it is very likely that i will run several group buys for edsyn soldering stations. there will be two levels. a lower tier "learn to solder kit" that dragonxx21 and turtle are helping me test out. this set will be based on the edsyn cl1481 fixed temperature iron and kester 44. the next level up will be the edsyn 951sx station, which appears, on its face, to be a competitor to the hakko 888d. however, having used both, the edsyn station is simply on another level. the power output is nearly 2x, and the durability and build of every single part is head and shoulders above the hakko station. further, the edsyn station will come with an extremely generous warranty that i can easily promise to help with, as entire operation, including all manufacturing, service and management, is 15 minutes away from me.

looking into the future, look for geekhackers to directly vend higher-end tooling, while lower priced product and consumables will be vended by a select set of trustworthy community vendors who have copacetic product offerings.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:13:53 »
What about the solder and spool holders?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:31:45 »
i'm still debating whether to vend those myself or to distribute them to the vendors i have been working with. each soldering kit will come with a spool of kester 44, but unless i offer them only as part of higher margin packages, they are a money loser.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:33:23 »
on the upside, i'm quite happy with them. the spools and holders are very cool little toys and extremely convenient for soldering with.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:36:16 »
Ah well I've already got the hakko, don't need another station, was just interested in some solder and the holder :P
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:48:28 by SpAmRaY »

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:41:55 »
The 951sx looks pretty cool.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 00:44:25 »
it is quite cool. however, it's the kind of station that will last you 15 years and is very easy to break stuff with. the kit you're testing will last nearly as long but is much much harder to break stuff with

Offline imcarzy15

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 10:59:27 »
how nice
i am 16 years old now!!I want one 456 or 356keyboard!!

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 11:06:12 »
Hey mkawa, what about the spacebars???

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 16 November 2013, 22:06:13 »
i'm being told next week?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 04:28:10 »
Definitely keen to get a lube kit when you've got more stock, seems it's impossible to buy Dupont stuff in Australia if you want less than a 44 gallon drum.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 06:27:37 »
The Geekhackers temporary store is now closed. Please look forward to more information on our permanent operations in the very near future :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 06:44:46 »
I am sad :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 15:12:43 »
I am sad :(

I was temporary after all.

Hopefully it has proven sufficient successful that a permanent store is a no-brainer.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 08:10:19 »
I am loving the Soldapullt, it is amazing, threw away the Chinese crap I was using. Thanks ming. I also realised why I was initially hesitant on going this route, it was because I thought I would damage the tip fairly easily, but the tip has a much higher MP than what we use and thus there is little fear of melting it with the iron.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 09:13:55 »
:D