Author Topic: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars: In Limbo/Unfulfillment  (Read 413309 times)

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars
« Reply #1300 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 06:51:39 »
I think this is a good plan. It would be good to have some sort of file with all the orders that have been placed so we know if the MOQ was reached and how much money we are talking about. For my part I will search all the info and send it to you. If we have a clear picture of the GB we could help or at least know where we are standing.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1301 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 07:13:04 »
I think this is a good plan. It would be good to have some sort of file with all the orders that have been placed so we know if the MOQ was reached and how much money we are talking about. For my part I will search all the info and send it to you. If we have a clear picture of the GB we could help or at least know where we are standing.

Yep so I have got a spreadsheet going in which I'm tracking what each person was in for

In a couple of days I will post something about the initial data that's been collected

The response so far has been really great and I appreciate everyone putting in their time and faith to this effort

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1302 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 08:57:17 »
i will add i havent followed this much, so if he has been contacted or we have more updates im unaware of them when writing this post, but i think we at least need to know he is aware of the **** storm, and has consciously chosen to ignore or reply to it before we do something that could have an impact on his life in the future
Hoff contacted him saying nothing about the GB and he responded fairly quickly. He was then pressed about the GB and hasn't responded since.

Also, it's the fact that there are 3 GBs run by him where he has not even paid the manufacturer after many months.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1303 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:08:10 »
i will add i havent followed this much, so if he has been contacted or we have more updates im unaware of them when writing this post, but i think we at least need to know he is aware of the **** storm, and has consciously chosen to ignore or reply to it before we do something that could have an impact on his life in the future
Hoff contacted him saying nothing about the GB and he responded fairly quickly. He was then pressed about the GB and hasn't responded since.

Also, it's the fact that there are 3 GBs run by him where he has not even paid the manufacturer after many months.
lol, I forgot I was in on the blk on blk pbt buy too...

woe is me
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1304 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:47:57 »

I mean, if you run a GB and dont place the order and lie to everyone and steal their money, you should fully be aware there is a **** storm regardless of if you've checked the threads or not.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1305 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 10:02:53 »
The naked truth is that Ivan has not attended the thread for a long time, no updates, no information and worst, he had not paid the manufacturer; in the other hand, his reputation prevented people to set a claim within paypal´s window, just under Ivan request; but, at this point, reputation alone is not enough to ask the GB participants to keep waiting even longer until he wanted to answer. while it is his natural responsibility to keep his group buyers informed. His silence is doing this even harder, if he just post an explanation that may mitigate the GB reaction, but not like this.

The only thing is that IMSTO posted about Ivan undergoing a surgery, but even in that case, unless an emergency, he would had the chance to advice people of a longer waiting period than usual.

My two cents.

Offline cozimkorean

« Reply #1306 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 10:05:47 »
It is pretty obvious what is going on here at this point in time

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #1307 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 10:31:39 »
It is pretty obvious what is going on here at this point in time
It's very unfortunate that it's gone down this way.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1308 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 11:55:42 »
****, **** !!! I just checked my PayPal for the details and realised I have way more money stuck than I remembered :( It's a hefty sum, first time for me to shell out that money in a GB, I always keep it under the "it's lost, no biggie" barrier, but this time I was like "it's Ivan, it's the last set I want and need..."

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #1309 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 13:33:31 »
Send in the details to the provided mail address. See what happens. If the money is gone its gone. **** happens, but no more GB's on GH for me any more!

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #1310 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 14:27:58 »
IF YOU ARE PART OF THIS GROUP BUY PLEASE READ

More than a reasonable amount of time has passed for Ivan to come forward and explain the situation.
I am now putting together as much evidence as I can to present to the relevant authorities.
I am calling on everyone who has participated in an affected Group Buy to forward me their relevant PayPal transaction details so that we have a solid case if the time calls for it.
The more evidence we gather, the better chance we have of this being taken seriously and getting our money back.

Please send the following:
- Paypal invoice from Ivan for relevant GB
- Paypal receipt from relevant GB
- Your contact details, including name, geekhack username, phone number and address [optional]

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

The more evidence we get the better chance we have of getting our money back.
If any moderator wants to come forward and take sole or shared ownership of this email address for the sake of oversight please PM me.

If any of you are worried about sending me your personal information, please PM me and we can discuss you sending your evidence directly when the time calls for it.

Sent info, its not much as all I bought was the Spacebar kit but hopefully it can lead to any progress of people getting at least 50% of their money back

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #1311 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 19:45:05 »
Forwarded my invoice and payment emails.  Hopefully it helps eventually.  I forgot how much money I had tied up in this, oh well.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1312 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:16:31 »

i'd stop saying this. chances are youre not getting your money back. and if some money is recovered, who gets first dibs? use what you're doing as a way to find out just how much money is gone and not to give false hope to people about getting their money back. the most any of this will get is getting ivan in trouble with authorities. and even that seems like a huge stretch.

you should also contact imsto and whomever is doing the RS buy to see just how much money they were charging ivan for both buys. the only people that are guaranteed to get anything is possible the black on black gb people since imsto says that ivan got the caps a month ago. the money tho? yeah not gonna happen.

either way, good luck. i was so close to getting into the BoB GB too.

meaning that swiping vast sums from people is more likely to occur now than ever before and I don't know why.

because it's easy. people think they have to own everything and blindly (or not so blindly seeing as this was a trusted member) dump their money into every single GB to not miss anything. im not blaming them, because some of the stuff here is cool and i'd hate to miss out myself. but all people are doing is showing ******* how easily they can be parted from their money. and people will take advantage of it. and there is no way to really stop it other than banning GBs from GH altogether (which lets be honest, isn't going to happen.)

it's a similar problem to the whole fake artisan caps **** show
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 22:23:07 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1313 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 00:14:00 »
because it's easy. people think they have to own everything and blindly (or not so blindly seeing as this was a trusted member) dump their money into every single GB to not miss anything. im not blaming them, because some of the stuff here is cool and i'd hate to miss out myself. but all people are doing is showing ******* how easily they can be parted from their money.

In one way it's good that Ivan did the swipe of my money because it's now the end of spending any more here on Geekhack.  Think it's the last key-set I'll ever NOT own and that's fine with me.

Freedom for me now is to spend my moolah on other interests, which have nothing to do with key-caps and keyboards anymore.  Besides I've got enough now to last me for the rest of my life and the Grand Kiddies will be harassing me for years ahead, to give them part of my collection (which won't happen till I kick the bucket).
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2016, 00:16:08 by Elrick »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1314 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 03:14:18 »
Sent also my stuff, it's really painful to see that amount of money stuck ... I have to agree again with Elrick, this is the end of my spending on GB's , I have enough for my needs, now I will just enjoy what I have.

Offline JonasDK

• Let me poo on you
« Reply #1315 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 06:32:45 »
the most any of this will get is getting ivan in trouble with authorities. and even that seems like a huge stretch.

If frauding people for tens of thousands shouldn't get you in trouble with the authorities then I don't know what should....

Offline demsix

« Reply #1316 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 06:43:42 »
If Ivan really wanted to go out and steal everyone's money, surely he'd make a really popular group buy then cash out? Unless of course he's being really meta about it. The frustrating thing is how shady he's being about all this. He's responding to personal messages, but somehow can't or won't post here?

Group buys rely on having a solid reputation, his reputation is being massively damaged here. This could all be cleared up if he just responds. I hope he's ok, but he better have a good excuse for ****ing up this bad.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1317 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 06:49:27 »

More than a reasonable amount of time has passed for Ivan to come forward and explain the situation.
I am now putting together as much evidence as I can to present to the relevant authorities.
I am calling on everyone who has participated in an affected Group Buy to forward me their relevant PayPal transaction details so that we have a solid case if the time calls for it.
The more evidence we gather, the better chance we have of this being taken seriously and getting our money back.

- Your contact details, including name, geekhack username, phone number and address [optional]

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

If any moderator wants to come forward and take sole or shared ownership of this email address for the sake of oversight please PM me.

If any of you are worried about sending me your personal information, please PM me and we can discuss you sending your evidence directly when the time calls for it.

woof

some people have problems
and some people lose their discretionary money on the internet
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline qwack

« Reply #1318 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 07:08:30 »
If frauding people for tens of thousands shouldn't get you in trouble with the authorities then I don't know what should....

The problem is more, who would we have to refer to in order to settle the case? Regarding a previous suggestion, not sure Ivan's local PD has any power regarding this kind of affair based on trust and mutual consent with no written agreement. Heck, you'd better check that Ivan did not add the "I am not a business, I do that on my free time, any problem on this GB in on you" disclaimer to his messages.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1319 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 10:02:52 »

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

whilst i think it is a good effort to try and collect some official evidence at this point

just to play devils advocate i wanna throw a few points out there

whilst the gbs have been going on for a while, it is only recently that this info of non payment of orders has come to light, and i dont think a reasonable amount of time has passed to give ivan a chance to come and explain his actions based on this new evidence

whilst ivan has had a good reputation in the past, i think its also worth noting many of his buys in the past have taken extremely long time before shipping, and in these instances i think it would also be fair to assume on previous occasions that production did not take as long as delays, he tends to ship promptly on receipt of the goods so i would think there have been previous cases of delayed payments to manufacturers

given for instance that imsto both produced, and shipped ivan the keys without contact or payment, i would again assume similar things like this have happened before, leading imsto to feel comfortable to both manufacture and ship the goods prior to receiving money, something that certainly isnt the standard for an individually run gb

im not suggesting whats going on isnt ****ed, or even will be fixed, but i think there is enough bits and pieces that aside from the lack of communication from ivan, things may be no different than normal right now for him

things look very bad, and im sure they are very bad, but i think before anything is done with the evidence collected, there needs to be a greater push for solid communication from ivan

he is a long standing member who has met several users in real life, whilst the gbs are old, the scandal is new, and the clock needs to be reset to give him a chance to reply, we are already outside of the paypal window, so a month or so before anything is done with the evidence to give what was a trusted user a chance to defend themselves and be made aware of the issues i think is reasonable

he has done some things like recently shipped the other old pbt buy, which seem out of character for someone who had already decided to run off with the money from 3 gbs, it woulda cost a ton to ship and it had already been delayed long enough nobody would have thought anything of waiting another couple of months on that one

to reiterate the gathering of evidence is good, but please show good judgement on when and how it is used at least until more time has passed or we receive further info

most logical analysis I've read so far

everyone else is too quick to bad mouth someone who has been around years, contributing countless sets during this time

----------

I'm personally unfollowing this thread too, too much hate and insults going around
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline cozimkorean

« Reply #1320 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 10:13:36 »

most logical analysis I've read so far

everyone else is too quick to bad mouth someone who has been around years, contributing countless sets during this time

----------

I'm personally unfollowing this thread too, too much hate and insults going around

I think people have the right to be upset. Looking at all the evidence/time/lies that have been brought to our attention it's quite reasonable to the draw the conclusion that Ivan has took off with the money. I'm not in favour for hating on people but I do advocate justice, and frankly the little/no communication for months on end when a update just to say 'I here this is whats going on' takes minutes would help defend himself from the justified allegations. The spot Ivan has put himself in is ultimately his own fault and the assumptions of him committing fraud at this time is fairly obvious.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1321 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:14:36 »
I think people have the right to be upset. Looking at all the evidence/time/lies that have been brought to our attention it's quite reasonable to the draw the conclusion that Ivan has took off with the money. I'm not in favour for hating on people but I do advocate justice, and frankly the little/no communication for months on end when a update just to say 'I here this is whats going on' takes minutes would help defend himself from the justified allegations. The spot Ivan has put himself in is ultimately his own fault and the assumptions of him committing fraud at this time is fairly obvious.

They're upset because they didn't understand what they were getting into. It's an group buy run through an Internet forum. Shouldn't need to spell out that any money you put into these should be considered risky. Anyone who used money that they couldn't have gambled with at the casino should have known better.

I'd at least give the guy time to respond, he's not known to be super communicative. Like it's been stated, no one's getting their money back unless Ivan gives it to them anyways so there's not exactly some rush to convict.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #1322 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:23:14 »
Boy there are a lot people on this forum who are apperently ok with getting ripped off. We know the money is gone and it's not coming back. This is about causing as much trouble for Nicholas as possible under the law, IMO.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1323 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:37:13 »
Boy there are a lot people on this forum who are apperently ok with getting ripped off. We know the money is gone and it's not coming back. This is about causing as much trouble for Nicholas as possible under the law, IMO.
He got money from me in the BoB buy. I am not okay with getting ripped off, but I don't think any of this going after him business will do any good. It will only get peoples hopes up that there will be some kind of retribution. There won't be. The money is gone, there is almost nothing that can be done to cause trouble for him. The fact is, you have to be willing to lose the money when you join these buys. This is the only one I didn't make a scene about when it went south. I just never expected it from him, but I still only went in for what I was willing to lose.

It just is what it is. It sucks, but I don't think there is any justice that will be found  here of any kind.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline cozimkorean

« Reply #1324 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:38:44 »

They're upset because they didn't understand what they were getting into. It's an group buy run through an Internet forum. Shouldn't need to spell out that any money you put into these should be considered risky. Anyone who used money that they couldn't have gambled with at the casino should have known better.

I'd at least give the guy time to respond, he's not known to be super communicative. Like it's been stated, no one's getting their money back unless Ivan gives it to them anyways so there's not exactly some rush to convict.

So your basically saying that participating in a GB is as financially the same as gambling in a casino and that if you lose your money it's your own fault? Well there you go folks your better off on the slot machines than participating on GBs on GH.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:42:09 by cozimkorean »

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1325 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:42:33 »
So your basically saying that participating in a GB is as financially the same as gambling in a casino and that if you lose your money it's your own fault? Well there you go folks.

Do you view it differently? You are sending money to someone you (most likely) don't know, sometimes not even in the same country as you, in hopes that they will pull through and send you what you expected. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If you are expecting 100% of these things to go smooth you are very naive. That being said, some people seem trustworthy based on history. But as we have seen many times, history doesn't always guarantee future success.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #1326 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:43:45 »
He got money from me in the BoB buy. I am not okay with getting ripped off, but I don't think any of this going after him business will do any good. It will only get peoples hopes up that there will be some kind of retribution. There won't be. The money is gone, there is almost nothing that can be done to cause trouble for him. The fact is, you have to be willing to lose the money when you join these buys. This is the only one I didn't make a scene about when it went south. I just never expected it from him, but I still only went in for what I was willing to lose.

It just is what it is. It sucks, but I don't think there is any justice that will be found  here of any kind.

Why do you think the Des Moines, IA theft division wouldn't investigate him?

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1327 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:45:23 »

I honestly don't think they will care. But I'm pretty cynical.

Offline cozimkorean

« Reply #1328 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:46:23 »
So your basically saying that participating in a GB is as financially the same as gambling in a casino and that if you lose your money it's your own fault? Well there you go folks.

Do you view it differently? You are sending money to someone you (most likely) don't know, sometimes not even in the same country as you, in hopes that they will pull through and send you what you expected. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If you are expecting 100% of these things to go smooth you are very naive. That being said, some people seem trustworthy based on history. But as we have seen many times, history doesn't always guarantee future success.

Just to clarify I'm not part of this group and it was me I would of gotten my refund from paypal with the 180 days, after that I would agree with you that it is somewhat the buyers fault to trust the seller after that point on, however I believe that comparing to a casino is ridiculous. This is fraud, not gambling.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:50:26 by cozimkorean »

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #1329 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:47:21 »

Well I guess we're gonna find out. You really should stop trying to dissuade people from seeking justice on this.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1330 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:51:17 »

Well I guess we're gonna find out. You really should stop trying to dissuade people from seeking justice on this.
I don't think I am, I'm expressing my opinion, which I did all of one time,  and happens to be different from yours. If people want to join in going after him, I think that is perfectly fine. It's just not for me. I think it is perfectly fine to express a different view point.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1331 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:36:41 »
Everybody in here needs to take a step back and think critically about where they are directing their negativity and rage.  It's perfectly reasonable to be pissed off, because after all, it's looking more and more like there's no positive outcome from this.  And yes, doing "something" feels better than doing nothing.  But to get mad at someone for sharing a logical and reasonable outcome of said "something"?  Come on.  We're better than that.  If you want to yell at someone, yell at Ivan - that's it.  I'm sick of people on this forum calling others out and essentially shaming them for sharing a different opinion.  It doesn't help anything.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1332 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:41:27 »
Everybody in here needs to take a step back and think critically about where they are directing their negativity and rage.  It's perfectly reasonable to be pissed off, because after all, it's looking more and more like there's no positive outcome from this.  And yes, doing "something" feels better than doing nothing.  But to get mad at someone for sharing a logical and reasonable outcome of said "something"?  Come on.  We're better than that.  If you want to yell at someone, yell at Ivan - that's it.  I'm sick of people on this forum calling others out and essentially shaming them for sharing a different opinion.  It doesn't help anything.

Preach hoof.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1333 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:45:27 »

Your opinion is different from mine and I hate you.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #1334 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:58:29 »
This thread should be locked unless Ivan comes back. This isn't the spot to ****-fling unless it's at Ivan. If you have any ideas for something please post it to the thread over at site feedback.

Not trying to start a riot, but can we stop bumping this dead GB? If Ivan comes back he should be able to unlock it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1335 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:04:39 »
This goes to show you that if you feel it in your gut to dispute your payment, you should. These people telling your different aren't going to give you your money back. You guys did the same thing to fire brand when he disputed his payment when that whole CC thing went down. It was extremely selfish to make another person feel bad because they feel they have been wronged and want to do something about it.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1336 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:10:54 »
This thread should be locked unless Ivan comes back. This isn't the spot to ****-fling unless it's at Ivan. If you have any ideas for something please post it to the thread over at site feedback.

Not trying to start a riot, but can we stop bumping this dead GB? If Ivan comes back he should be able to unlock it.
+1. If there is any update or relevant information someone has, they can share it with the mods, that can update us all on. Same goes for the other two GB threads.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1337 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:28:47 »

+1. If there is any update or relevant information someone has, they can share it with the mods, that can update us all on. Same goes for the other two GB threads.

Or.. you know... not? There isn't any "**** flinging" going on. Closing this will only look shady.

And no mods this isn't a "personal attack" against moz. I don't need another BS warning like the one I got the last I replied to him.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1338 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:29:41 »

Or.. you know... not? There isn't any "**** flinging" going on. Closing this will only look shady.

And no mods this isn't a "personal attack" against moz. I don't need another BS warning like the one I got the last I replied to him.

+1

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1339 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:39:33 »
Its a fake. Removing posts.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1340 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:40:29 »
Fake account. Chill.
I wouldn't be so sure. The avatar is a match, so I think it's the real deal.

username has ivan in it so pretty legit

literally

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #1341 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 14:21:55 »

"there isn't any **** flinging"

lol.

How would closing it look shady? What's the point of keeping the GB open? I'm sure the mods can update the OP just like they did for sprit's posts. What's the point of people *****ing over and over and over while a handful of other pretend they are not getting robbed.

At the end of the day this GB is not moving forward since we have confirmation from GMK that this never even got submitted.

Why do you want to keep this open?

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1342 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 14:26:26 »

lol.

How would closing it look shady? What's the point of keeping the GB open? I'm sure the mods can update the OP just like they did for sprit's posts. What's the point of people *****ing over and over and over while a handful of other pretend they are not getting robbed.

At the end of the day this GB is not moving forward since we have confirmation from GMK that this never even got submitted.

Just to be 100% clear, I am not acting like I didn't get robbed. I am acting cynical that threatening action is going to result in anything positive for the people who have lost money. And I'm still not really sure why that personal view point is that bad.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #1343 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 14:33:22 »

lol.

Just to be 100% clear, I am not acting like I didn't get robbed. I am acting cynical that threatening action is going to result in anything positive for the people who have lost money. And I'm still not really sure why that personal view point is that bad.

I was mainly aiming at demik. Though I agree in the grand scheme of crime this is something too small for police to really create a case for. I'm not sure what outcome people really want anyways. I think some people think this will be like an episode of Cops. Police busting in and all.

Personally I'd like to see people get their money back and maybe we can have restrictions placed in for future GBs.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1344 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 14:38:50 »

lol.

Why not? People are letting out their annoyance from the whole situation. They're giving their opinion and others are commenting on it. How is that **** flinging? Locking this isn't going to change anything so what's the point? Mor censorship?

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #1345 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 14:42:32 »

lol.

I was mainly aiming at demik. Though I agree in the grand scheme of crime this is something too small for police to really create a case for. I'm not sure what outcome people really want anyways. I think some people think this will be like an episode of Cops. Police busting in and all.

Personally I'd like to see people get their money back and maybe we can have restrictions placed in for future GBs.

I really don't think stealing tens of thousands from people online is such a small crime that his local police wouldn't be interested. Just so we're clear, what he did is a felony. I don't think anyone thinks he'll actually be arrested or face jail time. I would personally consider it a win just to have him investigated.

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #1346 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 14:50:30 »

lol.

Why not? People are letting out their annoyance from the whole situation. They're giving their opinion and others are commenting on it. How is that **** flinging? Locking this isn't going to change anything so what's the point? Mor censorship?

This thread wasn't  about crying. It was about a GMK GB.

Again I'm not saying people can't be pissed or vent their frustration. Just at this point it's off topic and the attention should be directed at finding a solution not solely on whining.

More censorship? What censorship?

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1347 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:00:50 »
Keeping this open will help swimmingbird's attempt to collect evidence, which is the prerequisite for any kind of legal action, civil or penal, whether it will happen or not and whether it can be successful by any measure or not.

So please everyone submit your information, even if you don't believe in a successful outcome. Let's at least get the numbers straight on this, even if it's only for us.

I think since this is happening in one of the few countries with a working legal system, pressing charges with the PD is the least we can do. Not doing it would send a bad signal to future tempted scammers. I don't expect to get any money back and probably no one should, as everyone knows there is a certain risk with GBs like this, but I see no reason not to do what we can to make this as "uncomfortable" as possible for Nicolas.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #1348 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:10:29 »
I honestly don't think this thread should be locked and forgotten just yet. This is all to fresh and early. There might even be people who don't check GH daily who aren't aware of any of this crazy **** yet.

This is one of the most controversial things to happen in recent GH history. Of course there are going to be differing opinions.

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #1349 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:18:13 »
I for one do not believe Ivan is a scammer as such. My impression is that he's run into some real life trouble (for which he may have used the GB funds, but maybe not - the only thing that is confirmed is that he did not place an order). If I were in his shoes and wanted to steal the money right from the start, I would go to ground as soon as I had the money.

Anyway, I am very disappointed (well not really surprised) that it's all pitchforks and lynching here now. And not about justice but about revenge ("lets make as much trouble as we can ..."). That's what we need now, right? RIGHT? Well grow up.