Author Topic: [GB] The Enabler [Shipped] Shared on OshPark  (Read 73669 times)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB] The Enabler [Shipped]
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 09:17:00 »
Mine arrived yesterday, just like @swill, surprisingly quick to Canada.

Thanks, now to figure out what to make...

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 13:35:07 »
As the designer of the PCB I have no issues with the files being released for anyone to use, however the idea was Melvang's, so it is up to him now. I believe he will release the files once the GB is complete.

Offline oystein.krog

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 12:09:36 »
I received mine yesterday, which is not bad at all considering I live in Norway:P

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 12:12:51 »
As the designer of the PCB I have no issues with the files being released for anyone to use, however the idea was Melvang's, so it is up to him now. I believe he will release the files once the GB is complete.

I will get files posted this weekend.

I received mine yesterday, which is not bad at all considering I live in Norway:P

Hope they live up to expectations.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 12:34:57 »
Melvang, do you have pictures of the spacebar PCB? I'm curious how that looks like.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:26:36 »
okay, another question that might already have been answered elsewhere ... The diodes are directional, of course. So, does that make assumptions about where the Teensy / et al. are? And, what about serial expanders ... as much for the experience as for using an already-bought item, I was hoping to use an 18-pin board, I would need 20 to go in straight lines without creative wiring (which I haven't ruled out) but reading Soarer's documentation, I guess the exander has to drive what it's attached too, which would be the columns ...

So, do I want the uController to the left of the control key, or the right of the enter key? Or alternately, below the space, or above the numbers (assuming a moderately conventional layout for those mental images)?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 02:55:34 »
There are no assumptions regarding the location of the Teensy, it is for you to choose, even with the diodes, yes, they are directional, but if you want you could mount ALL the diodes in the opposite direction, and things would still work.

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 10:54:58 »
I got mine today, many thanks. Although I wish you had written something under $20 for the value as putting $30 on it meant it cost me $18 in extra fees. Oh well.

British customs massively over shot on this one... I've got to pay £18 in customs + £8 from Royal Mail. Good job British gov't!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 16:10:53 »
Been completely buried with work, but just wanted to say that my order arrived safe and sound. Thanks Melvang!  :thumb:

I'll try and get some picks posted soon.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 16:27:21 »
Same here. The order arrived a couple of days ago
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 04:29:25 »
Finally picked mine up from the post office, turns out the customs charges were less excessive than I'd initially thought. Many thanks to Melvang and Moz for this GB!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 03:58:56 »
Now available on Techkeys.us
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 12:20:24 by MOZ »

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 09:58:58 »

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #263 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 23:59:46 »
I'm so curious if anyone has built anything with these to date yet? I really wanna see some pictures of what people have made/ideas of what they're thinking of making with these!

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 08:10:06 »
I'm digging back here a bit, but has anyone completed a project with the enabler? I'm interested in trying something with it.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 08:14:18 »
I'm digging back here a bit, but has anyone completed a project with the enabler? I'm interested in trying something with it.

I know what I want to build, no time yet. :(

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #266 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 08:15:13 »

Okay, well maybe you can explain how you are supposed to structurally connect each PCB.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #267 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 08:31:17 »

Okay, well maybe you can explain how you are supposed to structurally connect each PCB.

Each PCB solders to each switch and then the switch clips into the plate.  This was meant for plate mounted switches.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 08:34:15 »

Each PCB solders to each switch and then the switch clips into the plate.  This was meant for plate mounted switches.

Ahhh, that makes a lot more sense.

Offline nandop

• May your keystrokes always be true.
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 19:36:02 »

I will get files posted this weekend.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!! :)

I have 62 of them waiting for SMD Resistors. They look so cool.

Do you personally interconnect them with bare or covered wire? I quickly found out how time consuming it is to cut the covered wire.

Do you have a keyboard you could show a picture of how you interconnected the individual PCBs as opposed to using the 3x2 example as a reference? Its ok if you don't, I'm just curious.
Sprit 60%, White MX 78g Au | Planck Ortholinear 40% Clear MX | Phantom TKL Browns 110g Au

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 19:49:23 »
I do not have a completed board yet, I actually haven't started my projects yet.  But either one will work.  I would personally recommend magnet wire if time is of the essence.  As you can solder right to the wire without physically removing the insulation.  Though it is a little rough and dirty on the iron tips.  Though bare wire can be used I personally wouldn't recommend it for both rows and columns.

Offline pkircher

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 00:11:11 »
are the pcb files going to be released ? and if they are already where could i find them ? thanks

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 12:51:22 »
Files have been shared on OshPark.

Links to be provided in OP.

Offline pkircher

Re: [GB] The Enabler [Shipped] Shared on OshPark
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 13:05:40 »
awesome .. thanks alot !