Author Topic: [IC] Proper ErgoDox case  (Read 40094 times)

Offline jalli

Re: [IC] Proper ErgoDox case
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 09:25:51 »
I think a core 2 piece design would be ideal with optional legs to increase the tenting.

Personally I would design the bottom with all the spacing so that both the bottom and top would have flat undersides, this way you could have a skirt on the top.

Unfortunately I'll be away until early January and won't have any internet access, not even sure about mains power but I'd be happy to collaborate or model a case in January, I've got fair to good NURBS modeling skills.

How about a new case? One ready to be printed at home using one 3D Extruder Printer?
We could create a new case merging Lister's idea (flat acrylic) into the Dox case.

I saw a few points into Dox's case that could be changed to make it possible:
1) The top has lots of bridges. We could change it in order to print this guy up side down, with the plate touching the printer heatbed.
2) Changing the top would require changes in the bottom, sure, these changes would be required to make the bottom fit with the top.
3) The bottom could be modular - we could print those large foots apart and then use some glue to fix it. This approuch would make possible to have both models - the flat one and the taller.
4) One extra top, to be glued or screwed above the plate.

Does it make sense?
My english does not help in large texts ...
Gosh
Antonia

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Re: [IC] Proper ErgoDox case
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:25:22 »
I'll try to draw some sketches.
I'm no Sketchup nor openscad expert but I can draw something to try to expose the idea.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:08:01 by agodinhost »
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB