Author Topic: Pokémon GO!  (Read 118006 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Re: Pokémon GO!
« Reply #450 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 03:17:02 »
capture rates are still just as bad as before, I sent in a support request to Niantic threatening to charge back all my Pokecoin purchases since the previous update unless I get an explanation/response/ETA on a fix. I doubt I'll get a response, but I figure it's at least worth a try.

Just asking, you know how to make Great curved throws right?

does that actually have an impact on capture success rates? Niantic themselves openly admitted that capture success rates were "glitched" after the throw accuracy update from 8/4, which seems consistent even through this latest update.

It sure feels like it, no science though

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #451 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 03:28:56 »
capture rates are still just as bad as before, I sent in a support request to Niantic threatening to charge back all my Pokecoin purchases since the previous update unless I get an explanation/response/ETA on a fix. I doubt I'll get a response, but I figure it's at least worth a try.

does that actually have an impact on capture success rates? Niantic themselves openly admitted that capture success rates were "glitched" after the throw accuracy update from 8/4, which seems consistent even through this latest update.

Part of me wonders if Niantic reworked some math to combat those 3D printed throw templates that some people use :-X

Offline R1N3

« Reply #452 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 09:39:21 »

Part of me wonders if Niantic reworked some math to combat those 3D printed throw templates that some people use :-X
Lmao link please

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #453 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 09:45:43 »

Lmao link please

lawd, hop onto thingiverse and search for pokemon :))

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #454 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 10:42:22 »
just caught my first snorlax  :cool:

and yesterday I caught my first lapras
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #455 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 11:12:26 »
I made it to level 5!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #456 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 11:25:17 »
just caught my first snorlax  :cool:

and yesterday I caught my first lapras

Been a good week, eh?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:06:38 »
I made it to level 5!

Aha!  So there is someone lower level than I am :p

I reached level 9 today.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #458 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 06:15:56 »
I made it to level 5!

I reached level 9 today.

im at 16, ive kinda lost interest already :(

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
« Reply #459 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 07:14:47 »
I made it to level 5!

I reached level 9 today.

18.5 and honestly i think I've burnt out on it also, it did however rekindle my love of playing my 3DS and i went back and finished Pokemon ORAS and am starting xenoblade chronicles now.

I actually had all my purchases refunded on GO due to the massive changes and bugs, i only asked apple for one refund instead they refunded every single purchase which was like $40 in total.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #460 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 00:21:56 »

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #461 on: Sat, 13 August 2016, 00:25:54 »
Show Image

Haha just saw this one on reddit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #462 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 01:06:13 »
I made it to level 5!

I reached level 9 today.

18.5 and honestly i think I've burnt out on it also, it did however rekindle my love of playing my 3DS and i went back and finished Pokemon ORAS and am starting xenoblade chronicles now.

I actually had all my purchases refunded on GO due to the massive changes and bugs, i only asked apple for one refund instead they refunded every single purchase which was like $40 in total.

I don't get to play often - I can catch a few at work during the day, search the couple of times a week I go out for a walk, and on Saturday mornings when the family goes for a walk.

Maybe that will keep the flame alight a little bit longer for me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #463 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 18:04:26 »
Show Image

it's especially annoying when your GPS glitches out for a sec and it pops up when you aren't even moving
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #464 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 23:47:34 »

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
« Reply #465 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 09:19:51 »
You just now got that?  I think I picked that one up a few weeks ago.

I have realized that I actually get a better percentage of credit for distance travelled in the car over walking.  It's strange.  Maybe it's because I was driving.  :confused: :-[ :-X

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #466 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 09:28:37 »
Last night I had someone I've never met before recognize me by my Pokemon GO name as I was walking around my town.

Not sure how to feel about that...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #467 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 10:38:41 »
Last night I had someone I've never met before recognize me by my Pokemon GO name as I was walking around my town.

You're a Pokemon GO celebrity!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline mrhead

« Reply #468 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 12:39:19 »

You're a Pokemon GO celebrity!

That's... yeah not sure about that either.  Some people around here use their full names for their usernames.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #469 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 13:32:49 »
My username is the same as my username on here. I have used this username online for years.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 10:04:01 »
had a pikachu spawn at the office this morning, went to go try to catch it and the servers disconnected for like 2 minutes, when they came back up it was gone

dammit niantic stop teasing
tp thread is tp thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #471 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:00:28 »
I've reached level 14.

Visited a gym for the first time last weekend.

Failed miserably.

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #472 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 22:16:58 »
Not very strong but...
146148-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 21:56:11 »
There's no Pokemon out today.

The cold weather must have put them off.

60% battery gone for nothing.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 22:13:01 »
Didn't find any when I opened it so I just closed the app.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #475 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 05:49:45 »

According to Pokeassistant he's 97%, so that's pretty cool.

Also caught this guy today
pls gief bbv2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #476 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 05:49:59 »
I found some eventually - pretty much nothing all day, then half a dozen or so in the late afternoon, like the last half hour of work.

Offline mrhead

« Reply #477 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 12:52:59 »
Show Image

According to Pokeassistant he's 97%, so that's pretty cool.

Also caught this guy today
Show Image

Was Mr. Mime found near a school, or jail?  That guy's just plain creepy.

I am almost level 23 now and have 92 of 100 Pokemon discovered.  Saw a Charizard but he was NOT ready to be caught even with ultraballs and berries.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #478 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 16:09:55 »
I'm almost level 7 :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #479 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 05:42:27 »
After using a lucky egg and doing some evolving, I'm at level 15!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #480 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 10:57:22 »
Sweet!  I pretty much only catch pokemon while I'm picking up my son from school or my wife from work ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #481 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 04:45:28 »
Sweet!  I pretty much only catch pokemon while I'm picking up my son from school or my wife from work ;)

I get a few walking to the station in the morning, and again home from the station in the afternoon, hence my egg-hatching exploits.

I can also get a few from the back window at work where there are two Pokestops that are usually accessible after a few seconds of standing at the back window.

It's starting to get a bit slow progressing through the levels - I think you really have to start going to gyms after a certain point, otherwise it is starting to become a balancing act of catching Pokemon and dropping potions so I can collect more Poke balls.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #482 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 12:27:06 »
I'm almost out of pokeballs.. I don't regularly reach any pokestop :o

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #483 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 21:55:50 »
I've run out of normal ones, but got about 40 super poke balls.

My bag is full too, mainly potions and revives.

If I don't get to visit some gyms soon, I'll have to start dropping other things in bulk.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 08:16:59 »
I regularly drop a bunch of items. I don't fight a lot and mainly play the game for the collecting aspect.
pls gief bbv2

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 08:32:55 »
146747-0

vaporeon army ftw
tp thread is tp thread

Offline mrhead

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 09:49:44 »
Nice!  I have a Jolteon/Arcinine army.  Is Arcinine pronounced "Ark-in-Een" or "Arse-uh-nine"? 

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #487 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 09:57:35 »
Nice!  I have a Jolteon/Arcinine army.  Is Arcinine pronounced "Ark-in-Een" or "Arse-uh-nine"?
I pronounce it Arkee-Nine
pls gief bbv2

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 10:04:23 »
proper spelling is Arcanine, and therefore i assume the proper pronunciation is ar-kay-nine
tp thread is tp thread

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 10:05:19 »

I always pronounced it with an "s" since "arsinine" sounds like something on fire.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 11:15:32 »
You guys are crazy, it has canine in the word. It's definitely ar-canine.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #491 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 11:26:13 »
Top kek

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 11:46:38 »
cant tell if romevi is trolling and insinuating this is asinine

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 13:51:21 »
cant tell if romevi is trolling and insinuating this is asinine

:raveparrot:

Offline brighenne

« Reply #494 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 14:39:21 »
Romevi top **** poster.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #495 on: Tue, 30 August 2016, 15:46:18 »

Offline mrhead

« Reply #496 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 09:57:21 »
proper spelling is Arcanine, and therefore i assume the proper pronunciation is ar-kay-nine

I should have known that.  I was being lazy and didn't check before posting.  It's tricky sometimes.  It took me a while to figure out 'Magikarp' is pronounced 'Use-less-until-evolved'.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #497 on: Wed, 31 August 2016, 20:52:36 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #498 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 13:48:07 »
I say Arc-ah-nine.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #499 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 21:26:19 »
I say Arc-ah-nine.

You say it right then.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)