Author Topic: The Toxic set [restructuring with ctrl alt store]  (Read 433290 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: The Toxic set [taking orders](Waiting on Cherry replica set)
« Reply #1400 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 15:10:00 »
Seems like a good idea to me as well -- or at least getting people to review/confirm the order they already placed, if possible. People that don't respond within a couple weeks could have their orders removed.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1401 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 18:09:20 »
http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,cherrymxkeys&pid=cf_5c_sku_grg

^^ that might go well with toxic

Won't it! :)

I wonder if CC would consider making a batch to go with the Toxic vendor set.  Although that would probably be too many, and his gnomes need to rest some time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline r3n_uneducated

« Reply #1402 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:09:13 »
wew...
this GB is still running?

Own: Rosewill 9000 Vintage Black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1403 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:20:00 »
wew...
this GB is still running?

Yes!

Although it is possible that everyone might have to submit their orders again, as some of the original participants are no longer active, and it would save a lot of time waiting for people to pay invoices.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1404 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:22:54 »
Yay, I will order some right now!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1405 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:24:42 »

No offense but if your broke should you be ordering more stuff?

Been there done that, it doesn't work out well.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1406 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 20:26:34 »

No offense but if your broke should you be ordering more stuff?

Been there done that, it doesn't work out well.

capnipz and tj are going to buy it(the CC), and I need a numpad set for the qazpad

Offline jinq-sea

« Reply #1407 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 03:54:10 »
Oh go on then. Order placed.

Offline doub

« Reply #1408 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 06:26:40 »
Would it be possible to order some extra blank 1x1 and 1x1.5 caps in either or both colors?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1409 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 11:54:21 »
Would it be possible to order some extra blank 1x1 and 1x1.5 caps in either or both colors?

Check http://www.keycapsdirect.com/inventorypdfs/DCSABSInventory.pdf

They already have stock blanks in the gray for 1x1 in all 4 rows.  Look for GX color code  Just none in 1.5 GX in stock.  For an order on anything that has to be manufactured it is minimum $100 order.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Lumune

« Reply #1410 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:05:17 »
I forgot what I ordered already, is there a way to check?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #1411 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:24:43 »
-nvm

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1412 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 16:57:50 »
I forgot what I ordered already, is there a way to check?

PM Daniel, although it is quite possible that all orders will need to be resubmitted to weed out those who ordered long ago and have now disappeared.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #1413 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 18:10:28 »
(very late) order sent!
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1414 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 18:16:30 »
(very late) order sent!

Still plenty of time.

Offline r3n_uneducated

« Reply #1415 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 20:27:00 »
lol
waiting for the remake :))

Own: Rosewill 9000 Vintage Black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1416 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 20:45:19 »
lol
waiting for the remake :))

Have you ordered your Toxic Set  yet?

If not, please do, in case there is NOT a reorder phase.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1417 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 21:57:44 »
With as long as this has been going I don't think there will be a reorder for a while.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1418 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 11:29:15 »
With as long as this has been going I don't think there will be a reorder for a while.

I believe what rowdy meant is basically starting this over since it's been going on for a while there might be a lot of drop outs or no longer interested parties.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1419 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 01:24:18 »

I believe what rowdy meant is basically starting this over since it's been going on for a while there might be a lot of drop outs or no longer interested parties.

Yeah, this.

Also SpAmRaY - you are still listed as ray4jc, this started so long ago ;)

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #1420 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 04:06:59 »
when it goes on here? something is happening here? starts in dec 12 ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1421 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 04:38:02 »
when it goes on here? something is happening here? starts in dec 12 ...

Still waiting for the first Cherry legends GB to finish.

Then this one can start collecting money.

This GB has not been forgotten!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1422 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:36:18 »
Good to know. I've been watching this one for a while.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1423 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:37:49 »
:eek:

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1424 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:41:11 »
So if there are 500+ sets, why isn't this through gmk now?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1425 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:42:32 »
Yea, I want a numpad set for my qazpad. Even has two extra x2 pieces to use

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #1426 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:43:53 »

Don't remember what the exact reasons were but this was discussed in this thread months ago.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1427 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:48:18 »

Maybe something to do with them charging (a lot) extra for custom colours?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1428 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:50:40 »

I'm pretty sure they didn't charge more for the custom colors for lysol's stuff.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1429 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:51:04 »

I'm pretty sure they didn't charge more for the custom colors for lysol's stuff.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1430 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:52:58 »

Moose, if your eyes pop out again in another thread, they'll probably, er, nvm.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1431 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:12:56 »

Daniel said he wants to stick to Signature Plastics because they are more flexible and can do custom legends (GH keys, chemistry keys).

Furthermore he thinks it wouldn't be fair to SP to make all these "negotiations" and then not do business.

One can argue that SP didn't really lose money in this and it's simply a GB that didn't go trough, but after all it's Dan's decision.

Maybe he could talk to Melissa and ask whether it would be a problem if we canceled this GB. I mean we do so much GBs through SP that they probably wouldn't mind...

PS:

Yes, I would strongly prefer GMK keys, but I'll take a SP set if it's the only option  ;)
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:16:43 by LechnerDE »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1432 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:16:19 »

Daniel said he wants to stick to Signature Plastics because they are more flexible and can do custom legends (GH keys, chemistry keys).

Furthermore he thinks it wouldn't be fair to SP to make all these "negotiations" and then not do business.

One can argue that SP didn't really lose money in this and it's simply a GB that didn't go trough, but after all it's Dan's decision.

PS:

Yes, I would strongly prefer GMK keys, but I'll take a SP set if it's the only option  ;)

I was just curious considering the amount of orders and what he's been waiting for for nigh a year now

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #1433 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:34:11 »
Can the ISO kit have legends?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1434 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:44:14 »
Can the ISO kit have legends?

SP doesn't have the molds for the Cherry ISO enter key, but I'd very much prefer any legend over none. If we could get the same legend the Klaxon ISO enter had, I'd be very happy :)

Otherwise I will simply not order an ISO kit...

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #1435 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 07:57:06 »
It wouldn't be hard to add the extra ISO legends, black caps looks awful with a lettered set.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1436 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:21:54 »
We could probably use the 7bit legend for the iso enter (I think that is what klaxon used).

We could also potentially use GMK for the set, and our custom keys could come from SP. The only issue with that is selling enough to meet Signature Plastics minimum amount of plastic required for a new color. However if we do center stemmed stepped caps lock keys, spacebars in 8x and 10x size, vendor pack with tons of custom keys, and maybe some blanks then I'm sure we can do it.

It will also depend on of GMK can do the custom color based off of a pantone code, which I am looking into, and if people are willing to pay more money to go with GMK. I think we might need to simplify the sets a bit to bring prices down if we tried with GMK.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1437 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:26:11 »
I would seriously buy two sets if this went through GMK.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1438 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:27:15 »
Something tells me the price would probably kill it with GMK but it doesn't hurt to try!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1439 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:29:24 »
Massdrop it! I seriously think we need to give it a crack for just one GMK group buy, they have big mailing list already and their payment system is set up and ready to go.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1440 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:32:52 »
Massdrop it! I seriously think we need to give it a crack for just one GMK group buy, they have big mailing list already and their payment system is set up and ready to go.

I would agree here. It would be easy to get to MOQ with their help.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1441 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:35:28 »
We could also potentially use GMK for the set, and our custom keys could come from SP. The only issue with that is selling enough to meet Signature Plastics minimum amount of plastic required for a new color.

BEST IDEA EVER!

I think this is one of the very few sets that can actually reach the insane GMK MOQ.

Since I don't know anyone who prefers SP over GMK keys I think we have a good shot at it. Many members including me would probably help to reach the SP minimum for new colors just to make the GMK keys happen  :p

This GB has been going on for so long - it would be the perfect opportunity for a new interest check now.

I am totally for a reboot of the Toxic GB with GMK - we should at least try it ;)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1442 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 12:44:05 »
GMK MOQ for a custom color may be 1000 so don't get your hopes up. We are around 650 base sets right now which will drop for sure once you take into account those not into keyboards any more, those not willing to pay more for GMK, and I'm sure several other factors. If GMK can't do the color I'd want that would also be matched by our special keys at Signature Plastics then everything will be through SP as originally intended.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #1443 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:27:37 »
I have placed an order, but GMK would be insta-buy.

Right now, I am on the fence as to whether I am still interested or not, the fact that is thin SP DS repels me, but the uniqueness and aptness for my Methamphantomine still keeps me somewhat interested.

I would really love for this to be GMK. As sherry has shown, it is possible to get a full-size with WKL kit and 1.75-shift for under $100, so maybe just combining some kits and some modification, here and there would allow us to get some GMK goodness.

Offline nopunchespulled

« Reply #1444 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:10:25 »
I really want this set, love they layout and have placed ordered.

But as a keyboard noob can someone tell me the difference between SP and GMK keys?  I only have experience with my CM QFR and some key pop keys

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #1445 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:11:30 »
Whatever, i want toxic set. :)

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1446 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:17:18 »
I JUST WANT A NUMPAD SET

But seriously, get this **** started.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1447 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:37:32 »
But as a keyboard noob can someone tell me the difference between SP and GMK keys?  I only have experience with my CM QFR and some key pop keys

Signature Plastics makes the key pop keys. They are double shot ABS plastic and are considered "thin". Your CM QFR has pad printed or lasered legends on the keys that wear off, and I think they are the same or thinner than Signature Plastics. GMK has "thick" ABS double shot plastic so they feel more solid and sound different when you type on them.

PS: Also finally updated the order quantities and order list.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1448 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:40:40 »
Daniel did you ever see if there were any more price breaks from SP?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1449 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:41:31 »
I really want this set, love they layout and have placed ordered.

These are GMK doubleshots

Compare that thickness to your keypop keys :)

(pic by DangWang)