Author Topic: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (FINALIZING)  (Read 297267 times)

Offline justnits

[GB] GMK 9009 2016 (FINALIZING)
« on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 12:56:23 »
Reliving the classic series, GMK G80-9009HAU.

(NEW UPDATE)
We will be compiling the orders today, expect to receive invoices soon. Updates on the remaining orders will go up after we done compiling the orders, so everyone knows if they got it or not. Again, thank you all for your love and support in this groupbuy! Our biggest regret is not having enough to go for everyone who's interested. :(

Justin.

------------------------------------------------

hi everyone, we have receive a few requests of transfers.

we have to be fair to those in the waiting list, which means we will not entertain any request of transferring priority rights.
if those in the priority list orders something, we will invoice that person and ship to that person only. if we noticed the name of the person or the address is different or the paypal is different, we'll cancel your order.

we all know this is a nice set, and a lot of people wanted to get their hands on it. some asked as early as after the groupbuy ends. assuming if they are in the 6th position of the list, and one person from the first 5 didn't order the full set, it means #6 got the chance to get his/her full set. but what if someone from waaay down below in the list asked the person from the first 5 who didn't order to order for him/her, then in this sense, #6 was robbed of his/her full set. how would you feel if you are #6? we don't want that to happen, and hence we will try our best to make this a fair game to everyone.

we hope that everyone understands this and we hope that everyone will work together to keep this community a clean and faithful community of keyboard enthusiasts.

Justin.

FINALE Thu, 24 November 2016, 23:36:09

CLOSING DATE: 2 Dec 2016

We are finally coming to an end for this groupbuy despite the many hurdles and problems that we hit into along the way. A big thank you to all participants to make this a success! We appreciate your patience with us, and we are very sorry for the unwanted delays but FWIW we still manage to keep the time frame well within a year :), we have tried out new methods and we have learned much from it, we'll improve ourselves and we hope to see you in our future groupbuys!

A big shout out to kekkon for taking the baton from me when my hands are full. Without him, we would probably be in a state much worse than this. He spend a lot of effort and time doing the sorting by himself when the rest of us couldn't due to various reasons. In the end, we are all very happy to see the new owners of the 9009 set proudly posting their photos!

As promised, we now will go to the leftover phase. There isn't much left, which we felt both thankful and regretful at the same time. Thankful because we manage to ship out *all* our sets, regretful because we don't have enough for everyone. With that being said, we have compiled a waiting list based on the timestamp of PMs received, and as well as posts on the thread. This may not be the best way, but it is what we decided upon.

The first link contains a list of names in order of priority to order the set.
Sheet 1 - Name list
Sheet 2 - List of extras

Link 1 - List of names and extras

The second link is the Google form to submit your order. Don't have to wonder how many sets are left, just submit what you wanted to order and we will send out invoice accordingly.

Link 2 - Order Form

Justin.

[OLD]

Hi everyone,

We have receive quite a lot of request regarding shipping address changes, enquiries on orders status/what have I ordered, and also refund on extra shipping charges. Please fill in the form so that I can centralize all the requests.

https://goo.gl/forms/RzekVqr1qdcbXRZQ2

In case if you don’t fall into any of the category above and have not joined my Cherry Logo GB before, please fill in the form as well because of the way Paypal works, we only have email address instead of phone number. Even though Pos Malaysia accepts shipping without phone number, we do however thinks that it is a safer way to tag the phone number to the parcel. As of now, we only have phone numbers from the previous Cherry Logo GB spreadsheet BUT we are not sure if those numbers are still in use or not.

Thanks for the help and support throughout this GB, this is our second GB (first full keyset GB, if it matters) and we are still in the learning process.
This GB has given us a very tough but good experience and we hope to improve from here on. Perhaps it is our mistake for trying too many new things into this GB and thus causing such a huge mess on top of the mess that is going to come along the way.
We got demotivated when we face with so many obstacles and there are days where we just want to
put the GB right at the back seat. We apologize that we couldn’t keep a clean record like the Cherry logo GB, in fact we created an even longer time frame as opposed to what our initial objective is, and that is fastest GB delivery record.
We failed and disappoint you guys in that aspect, but right now we are trying to wrap this up with limited manpower. Please bear with us for a little while longer, this is a beautiful set and we want to see to it that everyone got theirs.

Justin.

===========================================

[PREVIOUS UPDATES]

firstly, fill in this Google form for full set order.
we need you to fill in this as soon as possible to make our task easier.
our priority is towards the people who orders full set and fills in the form. (please fill-in even if you don't want the tray, this is to let us know that you are aware of it.)
if you didn't fill-in the form yet, we will wait until you do so before we ship them out.

secondly, our sorting process are progressing well, once we are done with that, we'll be selling whatever the leftovers if we have any. stay tune for that.

Justin.

==============================

We are now sorting and packing your stuff.

UPDATE Thu, 14 July 2016, 22:21:18
Shipping from GMK to me! w00t!

=================================================

UPDATE Mon, 11 July 2016, 03:49:52
Well I'll be damned, look what we got here! :)

Please ignore the black censor lines in the centre portion of the email, those are meant for future projects  :)) :p

UPDATE Mon, 11 July 2016, 02:47:52
Hi everyone,

My apologies for not updating much or sign in for the past week due to a long holiday over here in Malaysia.
I am yet to receive any updates from GMK, but since now my schedule is back to reality, will call up GMK and get updates from them in email format as well so I could show it to everyone here.
Again, my deepest apologies for stirring up some of your worries. :(

I've received numerous PMs about extra/leftover sets, at the moment I am unable to confirm the number of units available until I receive the whole order and shipped out the pre-orders.

Justin.

=================================================

UPDATE Thu, 16 June 2016, 22:49:59

Well there's some slight delay, but here's a concrete promise by GMK. Hopefully we'll get good news from GMK about 10 days later!

Sorry, there's another email to attach here.

UPDATE Sun, 05 June 2016, 19:21:23
Sorry for the lack of updates and communication, I got absorbed into Overwatch universe. GMK has updated me that the estimate of delivery to me will be around mid of June! Invoicing will resume by batches. Those who only paid deposits will receive your invoice soon.

UPDATE Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:07:35
The wait is over (for some), the GB now resumes!

Order closed!
Last order @ 14 April 2016 11:59PM (GMT +8)

However, I'd like to point out that the sales of the spacebar is quite low. Here's the number for the spacebar order against 150 MOQ.

Spacebars ordered
White: <50%
Beige: <50%
Pink: ~70%
Olive: ~70%

The spacebar will be delivered even if it doesn't reach 150 units ordered, but what this means is the remaining spacebar will be out from my own pocket
and I probably can change my spacebar everyday without having to use the same spacebar twice.
I will appreciate it very much if you guys can chip to order some more spacebars for yourself or as a gift to others.

The order will close at 14 April 2016 11:59PM GMT+8.

=====
Alright, the reaction I get from you all are a bit unexpected, so I think I'll explain and clear it up.

First of all, yuktsi is not buying 50 sets and clobber up all the MOQ. Geez.

As radio_killah guessed it correctly, I wanted to "finalize" whatever order we have first and then make orders with GMK.
Seeing how the orders are quite slow, I am guessing probably due to the fact that the MKB community's trust in the forum GB style is at it's lowest point, no thanks to the Miami Night's drama.
So if I could get the proof of purchase from GMK early, and post it up, and then re-opens the GB, it'll regain the momentum from the community as there is valid proof to show that this GB will not go south and that this GMK 9009 set will happen.

The spacebar kits are probably just 20-30% ordered from the MOQ, but I really like the color of the spacebar and I don't want to disappoint you guys (I'm sorry that I have already make some of you felt disappointed from my announcement of the premature order closing.) who bought the spacebar kits, I will make sure the spacebar goes into production.

I will open up the GB again (no increase of price) after I have made payments to GMK next week.
Sorry again for causing the emotional turmoil :(
=====

New update - Updated render from GMK (refer below)

SURVEY FOR ISO USERS ONLY
Apologies to all ISO users as we overlooked the ISO enter key for this set.
The 1u ISO keys will be changed to follow the alpha colour instead of modifier colour.
The ISO enter is a different story. Kindly take this survey below so that we can decide what to do with it.
Survey form

After running the new Cherry logo keycaps groupbuy, we are back this time with the GMK 9009|2016. The GMK 9009|2016 is inspired by the Reuters Battlecruiser (G80-9009HAU) – credits to sixty from DT for the awesome shots.

This groupbuy will be offered in 4 separate packs which supports ANSI/ ISO/ 1800/ HHKB/ winkey/ winkey-less layouts.

Main kit (140 keys) – $140.00
LED pack (4 keys) – $9.00
Esc pack (4 keys) – $6.00
Spacebar pack (1 pair = 7u + 6.25u) – $6.00 for ONE colorway (3B or 3C or L9 or U9)

New Renders *NEW UPDATE*
Main kit - $140.00

**NOTICE**
New updated render from GMK with correct colour for the 2 ISO key and 1 HHKB key, extra scoops F and J key and nips numpad 5.
**NOTICE FOR ISO USERS**
The 3 1u keys for ISO that is in modifier colour in the render will be change to follow the alpha colour in the end product.

LED pack (4 keys) – $9.00

Esc pack (4 keys) – $6.00

Spacebar pack (1 set = 7u + 6.25u) – $6.00 for ONE colorway (3B or 3C or L9 or U9)

About this group buy
Unlike most of the other groupbuy, this gb will proceed regardless whether the MOQ is achieved or not, simply because we love the vintage look of the Classic Beige (CB) colorway with a little hint of light colours.

The order will be placed with GMK by end of March. We hope to achieve a groupbuy with a short lead time, just like the Cherry logo pack.

Shipping
Flat rate $15 with tracking per main kit or full set (main kit + LED pack + Esc pack + Spacebar pack).
$10 if you order other kit(s) without the main kit.
If you order more than one main kit or full set, or a large quantity of the child kits, we will calculate the shipping cost upon checkout.

How to order
Order close!
*UPDATE* Realizing it may hold back people from joining this GB as ordering means paying the full amount at the point of checking out.
We will provide an alternative for all of you who have not join the GB yet.
You can opt to pay 20%, 30% or 50% of your total order first, and pay the remaining when we are at the sorting/packing stage.
Shipping will be held until the outstanding amount has been cleared off.
Why we do this is because we want to achieve a fast turnaround time for this GB and we require co-operation from everyone to make this possible.
Use one of these coupon codes if you can't/don't want to pay the full amount yet.

Coupon Codes:-
910910 - 20% deposit
911911 - 30% deposit
912912 - 50% deposit

Deposit Refund Policy *NEW* (Tue, 15 March 2016, 03:13:05)
While we don't enforce a non-refundable policy (people still can trigger a dispute anyhow). We strongly encourage participants to not request for a refund as we use the deposits for the initial payment to GMK, while we pay the remaining, just so we could get the production to start as soon as possible.

NOTICE:
To those wanting to pay in RMB/CNY, can order from taobao. Yongjk is helping me to handle the orders in taobao.

MOQ
There will be 150 MOQ for each of the add-on packs but no MOQ for the Main set. Depending on the final order count of the Main set, the MOQ of the add-on packs may be renegotiated with GMK.

Fulfilment
Production estimated to end around May or June 2016.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 December 2016, 23:16:50 by justnits »
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Giorgio

Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:23:28 »
Sorry if I missed something. Wasn't it said that scoops plus bars were included?
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:27:35 by Giorgio »

Offline mtzgr

• My youtube
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:42:49 »

Shipping
Flat rate $15 with tracking per main kit or full set (main kit + LED pack + Esc pack + Spacebar pack).

I'm trying to just order spacebars and it's charging me $15 for shipping.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:43:24 »
Very nice
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 16:52:15 »
When does the group buy end officially? I have money incoming around the 27th

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 17:16:38 »
Looks pretty nice, will likely be ordering.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 17:17:45 »
Ordered.

Offline logomachy

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 17:19:25 »
31st. Looks like you're good.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:19:03 »
what's the deal with the spacebars? $6 per pair (7u & 6.25u)?

edit: also, how long will this be open?

Offline GSimon

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:31:59 »
Going in on the Esc kit, and 1 spacebar  ;D

digging the Easter colorway haha

Yes

Offline lootbag

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:33:46 »
Just wondering, where is this shipping from?
Debating if I should join here or on Taobao.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:57:10 »
Is the grey on the modifiers the same grey that classic beige sets have?

Offline justnits

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:57:17 »
Sorry if I missed something. Wasn't it said that scoops plus bars were included?

Yes, there is an extra scoops F and J keys which is not in the render here.

GB period is till end of this month (31 March)

Shipping

I'm trying to just order spacebars and it's charging me $15 for shipping.

Sorry about the technical issue in the site, we'll fix it. The shipping for small kits without main kits is at $10.

Shipping will be from Malaysia.

edit: also, how long will this be open?

Yes, the spacebars comes in a pair (7u + 6.25u) for $6 per pair.
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline ntw

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 18:58:06 »
these should be shipped from Malaysia either way.
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline justnits

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 19:15:34 »
Is the grey on the modifiers the same grey that classic beige sets have?

They should be, it's the closest colour we can get from GMK's standard colour tone, which is the U9.
| | | |

Offline amharris

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 19:47:20 »
Oooh, this looks very interesting. If I could scramble the funds together, I may be interested! :)

Is there any possibility of a Dvorak add-on set? ...and, to be fair to others, I suppose one should give some love to Colemak (and, potentially, Workman) users too.

Cheers.

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 20:02:37 »
I'm definitely in for the base set, will need to get some money together in the coming week or so!

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 20:31:34 »
Who is organizing this GB on Taobao? is it YongJK?

I already joined GB on Taobao through proxy, thinking whether I should join this too or not...
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 21:19:28 »

I suggest this should be added to the OP.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline justnits

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 21:57:35 »

Thanks for reminding! :) Added to OP.
| | | |

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 22:32:10 »

Thanks for reminding! :) Added to OP.

Is the number 5 key with a nipple on numpad also included?
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 March 2016, 21:05:24 by luckyryan333 »
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 22:41:50 »
Ordered!

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 22:58:36 »
Any chance of an extra color mod pack or something else to add some more of the awesome color scheme to the layout?

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 23:00:01 »
Another great GB from Malaysian community. :thumb: Will order when i get paid :D
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline ntw

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 23:12:18 »
Oooh, this looks very interesting. If I could scramble the funds together, I may be interested! :)

Is there any possibility of a Dvorak add-on set? ...and, to be fair to others, I suppose one should give some love to Colemak (and, potentially, Workman) users too.

Cheers.
my 2cents, additional keys to support *unique* layout will drive the price up and I doubt it will reach MOQ if offered in separate pack.

Who is organizing this GB on Taobao? is it YongJK?

I already joined GB on Taobao through proxy, thinking whether I should join this too or not...
in terms of fulfillment, they are going to be shipped from Malaysia. so there's no difference from where you place the order
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline mtzgr

• My youtube
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 13 March 2016, 23:57:15 »
Ordered some extra spacebars. Keep up the good work.  :thumb:

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 01:56:22 »
Add it in the title too. You don't know what these religious fanatic are capable of :-D

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 02:47:09 »
In for 2!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline t8c

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 02:48:54 »
Anyone wanna split a main kit? I only need the unstepped caps lock. And maybe ISO stuff and beige num enter!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 March 2016, 02:54:01 by t8c »

Offline t8c

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 02:52:23 »
Deleted*

Offline skuko

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 03:14:18 »
OH SNAP! classic beige, here i come! :D

one question justnits, will you be marking the packages as gifts of like 20$? i would hate to have to pay EU import fees on these :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 March 2016, 03:26:44 by skuko »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 03:44:44 »
yay classic beige!  ordered 2 sets plus some of the extras.  thanks, guys. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 04:21:48 »
Awesome Set! Ordered one of everything!
I like keyboards

Offline justnits

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 04:45:23 »

one question justnits, will you be marking the packages as gifts of like 20$? i would hate to have to pay EU import fees on these :(

you can put that in the Notes/Remarks at the order form. :)
| | | |

Offline skuko

Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (with F and J scoops keys)
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 08:05:18 »

you can put that in the Notes/Remarks at the order form. :)

that's exactly what i did :)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 08:16:24 »
Ordered LED keys and Esc pack. I wish there was a standalone enter key pack. I would totally buy one.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 08:21:43 »
Ordered!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 08:31:57 »
I have only just realized why the Cherry Logo Pack had that specific Green/Pink extra key... ha ha ha... Nicely done!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 08:48:55 »
Supports 1800s as well (meaning Compact SQ1800) I think this set just might be for me.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 09:14:13 »
I'm in. Finally something that doesn't scream colors.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 09:20:01 »
Just a side note, but shouldn't the two 1u ISO keys be L9 instead of U9?

Offline rddm

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 09:34:17 »
And why not ISO enter in the same colors as ansi enter?

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 11:16:46 »
Any chance of an extra color mod pack or something else to add some more of the awesome color scheme to the layout?

This is suppose to be a subtle set  >:D lol
Buy cmyw if you want colors

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 12:14:21 »

Good eye, I didn't even notice.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 13:21:30 »
Congrats on the subtle, classic look. I think this set would look dandy on my G80-1800.

Classic look for a classic board ... very tasty!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 13:22:36 »
Lots of 1800s this set will be on

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 13:44:07 »

Also the R1 pipe-slash 1u key.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 14:44:51 »
Damn you wallet hack!

IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline ArnavM

• Student of Metaphysics
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 14:57:00 »
This and royal alpha...

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 March 2016, 15:01:27 by ArnavM »
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 14 March 2016, 15:00:35 »
This and royal alpha...

[ Money Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
FTFY :))