Author Topic: GMK Mini packs (completed)  (Read 179759 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: GMK Mini packs
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 00:21:12 »
When these packs make it to production there are going to be so many sad people that didn't order.  Just like the CMYK and Purple mods...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 03:29:13 »
When these packs make it to production there are going to be so many sad people that didn't order.  Just like the CMYK and Purple mods...

But for me, I wouldn't need 1/2 of the items from the retro mods  :(
So yeah..
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #452 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 04:19:24 »

That's why there's a "Classifieds" section to make your money  :thumb: .

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 06:50:20 »
ordered... this would complete my Poker 2 in its aluminium- case...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 12:18:44 »

That's why there's a "Classifieds" section to make your money  :thumb: .

I've already ordered multiples of most items.   :thumb:  Just sayin.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #455 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 13:05:30 »
Code key will be B profile, bottom row. Oddly enough the C key is in the same row... C is for CODE.

Our modifiers packs are always going to have extra keys you might not put into use right now, but it doesn't mean you might not mick up some old winkeyless or ISO keyboard on the cheap someday, or build a custom and then you have nice keycap for it. Be prepared, for any keyboard!

Offline Broadmonkey

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 15:10:06 »
That is exactly why I like these buys. I wanna be able to make custom keyboards without having to think about if I have modifiers that fit or if I will be able to get them.
Apropos, does anybody have white-on-black 1.5 mods, 6.25 spacebar and a single 1.25 mod? :))

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 15:49:42 »
White on black, it's in the other buy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #458 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:01:34 »

So where are they now?

A shame GH cannot send bulk emails to members advertising new GBs - that would let everyone know about it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #459 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:06:15 »

So where are they now?

A shame GH cannot send bulk emails to members advertising new GBs - that would let everyone know about it.

Wow! Why not? What if there was an opt-in program? I.e. the only way that you can get an email is if you deliberately sign up. I would love to get emailed every time Ivan launches a GB for instance...

Topre REALFORCE

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #460 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:14:41 »
Can always visit the Group Buys sections and scan the first page.  Group buys take at least a month to close, normally, so plenty of time to join even if you look once a month.  I'm sure those who haven't joined didn't do so for a reason, whatever that may be.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline tbc

« Reply #461 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:17:27 »
i can't be the only one who gets blurry-eyed trying when trying to read seemingly randomizedly captialized words.  also ,can't be the only one who sees similiar titles day to day and doesn't realize some of them were separate groupbuys.

groupsbuys stay around for a LONG time and people are creatures of habit that will ignore stimulus that doesn't change very often.  not to mention, GBs that jump up to 11 pages within the first 2 days makes it look like an old thread.

the organization of threads in this forum makes it hard for that new GB to stand out among 23 old ones.

why did we decide that it was a bad idea to make two separate forums?   one for GBs taking orders, another for questions during production and shipping.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:20:26 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #462 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:22:04 »
i can't be the only one who gets blurry-eyed trying when trying to read seemingly randomizedly captialized words.  also ,can't be the only one who sees similiar titles day to day and doesn't realize they were all separate groupbuys.

There are various intricacies to make that happen, including various checks to not spam your e-mail account with random group buys from anyone who posts in the group buys section.  And beyond that, I feel like this is a community for keyboard discussion--not an on-line store or massdrop to send out newsletters.  If you participate in the community and want GMK keycaps, you'd probably be checking the Group Buys section and Classifieds periodically anyway.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #463 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:29:52 »

So where are they now?

Wow! Why not? What if there was an opt-in program? I.e. the only way that you can get an email is if you deliberately sign up. I would love to get emailed every time Ivan launches a GB for instance...

I've got some down-time over the coming weeks so I'll be figuring out Python and writing the Group Buy Visualiser I've been planning. I'll make sure I add in subscription support to be notified of new group buys.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tbc

« Reply #464 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 01:51:32 »
i can't be the only one who gets blurry-eyed trying when trying to read seemingly randomizedly captialized words.  also ,can't be the only one who sees similiar titles day to day and doesn't realize they were all separate groupbuys.

There are various intricacies to make that happen, including various checks to not spam your e-mail account with random group buys from anyone who posts in the group buys section.  And beyond that, I feel like this is a community for keyboard discussion--not an on-line store or massdrop to send out newsletters.  If you participate in the community and want GMK keycaps, you'd probably be checking the Group Buys section and Classifieds periodically anyway.

Why are people here so against organization?  People 'abusing' community is a function of user attitude, not of the forum software.  Is the belief that a relatively bad marketplace 'keeps people honest'?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #465 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 02:33:32 »
I need another 7x spacebar to complete a board. Hopefully the deadline for the spacebar run is soon :P

I can mail you a brown one in DSA :3

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #466 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 04:41:34 »
For the record, if you want to be notified of new topics in this subforum you can click the Notify button when viewing the group buys subforum.  This will send you an email any time a new thread is opened.  That's what I did to stay up to date on all the happenings around here.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #467 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 05:28:37 »
Yeah notify is the way to go. Except when someone makes a topic in the wrong place and I get excited for nothing.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #468 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:44:14 »

Random colors spacebars (6.25 and 7 size one of each) - price: €3 / $4

Show Image

Do I get a random color or do I get to pick?
Also can I opt out of 7x?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #469 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:51:50 »
No you have no color choice, and no you can't opt out of included key.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 23:11:56 »
Ivan: Which one of the space bar colors matches the alphas of an original cherry white and beige set closely?

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #471 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 23:12:49 »
No you have no color choice, and no you can't opt out of included key.

Ah I see. A GMK spacebar for $4 is good enough tho

how did you come to that arrangement with GMK? You still had to hit 400 MOQ but with different colors now right?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 09:35:17 »
Depends which white set really. CP and L9 are probably the 2 biggest match, followed by 3K and 2M. But Cherry used about 8 or so different shades of 'white' at least that I have encountered, which are not stock GMK colors.

Right, still had to make 400, but can have random mix color by agree they can use whatever leftover plastics material not enough to make a usual production run.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 10:45:25 »
Thank you for the detail explanation about the color matching for the different shades of "white".

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 18:53:26 »
I really wanted that mod pack :( oh well.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #475 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 20:32:06 »
I am still surprised there have not been more orders everything in this GB. people really want spacebars lol

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 20:42:57 »
I am still surprised there have not been more orders everything in this GB. people really want spacebars lol

Everyone wants spacebars cause they're $4
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Beca

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 21:09:20 »

the escape pack is pretty cheap too. I guess people aren't interested in esc keys though..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #478 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 05:42:06 »

the escape pack is pretty cheap too. I guess people aren't interested in esc keys though..

Don't know why - it's great putting a keycap set on, then selecting a random coloured Esc to finish it off!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 08:47:20 »
I think I will go ahead an close the spacebars on 1 Jan as planned, and let the rest keep running for awhile and see if they go anywhere.

Offline dante

« Reply #480 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 09:54:47 »
I think I will go ahead an close the spacebars on 1 Jan as planned, and let the rest keep running for awhile and see if they go anywhere.

yea!!!! :) :) :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #481 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 09:55:24 »

Hopefully seeing pics of some new Cherry stuff will give people a kick in the arse.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #482 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 16:56:49 »

Hopefully seeing pics of some new Cherry stuff will give people a kick in the arse.

Probably end up with a bunch of people whinging about the colour space bar they got, and lots of WTT threads springing up.

Offline Beca

« Reply #483 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:04:35 »

Don't know why - it's great putting a keycap set on, then selecting a random coloured Esc to finish it off!

it really is! i wish more ppl would sign up :(

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:12:26 »
But I have so many other novelty caps.. No space for ESC keys. But that orange set get emm

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #485 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:18:23 »

Probably end up with a bunch of people whinging about the colour space bar they got, and lots of WTT threads springing up.

space bars will be the new currency!

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:20:15 »
I predict that all the winkeyless people will just relax and get whatever 7x bar they want for free

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #487 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:29:34 »
But I have so many other novelty caps.. No space for ESC keys. But that orange set get emm

That orange set is smexy, needs more orders.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:41:22 »

space bars will be the new currency!

Need to start calculating the exchange rate for Clacks vs. GMK space bars.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #489 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:47:01 »
Updated, really want a hot pink spacebar. :D
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #490 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 17:50:55 »

Go second best and get the Esc pack :)

Otherwise, good luck!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #491 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:10:09 »
Ordered 2... or three of those I think now. ;)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #492 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 18:19:47 »
Excellent!  The Esc pack is nearly half way there, which is a little sad.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #493 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 22:25:25 »
How about random Esc? I'd go for atleast a few.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #494 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 04:02:40 »

An interesting idea ...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 09:28:52 »

An interesting idea ...

Not just interesting. This is one of the best ideas ever.

I'd quite literally buy at least 8 of them. Maybe 10 so you can get a nice even number.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #496 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 09:33:11 »
Yeah I'm working on getting every different variation of Cherry Esc, I would probably buy like 20 Esc keys.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #497 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 09:58:31 »
I'm not sure if GMK will give same random color mix concession for doubleshot, but I can see about it once they are back in the office in January.

Offline dante

« Reply #498 on: Thu, 26 December 2013, 10:07:48 »

If I get a hot pink spacebar you are the man I'll be contacting.  All I want is plain black.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #499 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 00:12:34 »
I'm not sure if GMK will give same random color mix concession for doubleshot, but I can see about it once they are back in the office in January.

Possible white or black on random colors.