Author Topic: GMK Mini packs (completed)  (Read 178964 times)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Re: GMK Mini packs (In production)
« Reply #900 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:32:43 »
I was unaware that the code key would be made in a color of GMK's choice,  I know it stated so in the OP.

Having said that, now that I know I am cool with it.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #901 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:39:43 »
I will gladly take any Code keys from those who are "disappointed".

It's a nice little extra that I'm greatful for.  I bought more than one Esc pack not because I wanted more Code keys, but because I wanted us to hit the MOQ.  I signed up for multiples of the other sets that didn't make it in the hopes that they would as well.  Be happy for what you're getting.

+1, sad that even gifts are complained about.

Thanks again Ivan.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #902 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 09:41:34 »
I am disappointed Ivan won't tell me where to go :(

I AM LOST IN A SEA OF GMK HAPPINESS IVAN. HELP ME

Offline gojira54

« Reply #903 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 10:25:49 »
This GB had interesting stuff - shame more didn't make it, freebie is also appreciated :)
Do GMK have the tooling for the caps top centered code key as per the OP pic?
If it exists it's a good contender for future mini pack or maybe add as extra option to grey set that IS going to make it real soon ;)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #904 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 10:58:14 »
I sent GMK the picture of the CODE key that is in the OP when I asked if they had it... so I am confused myself but it's OK. In the future if it is to be included in something or offered alone again I can make sure we get that one with all caps specifically.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #905 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 12:09:12 »
I think this is crazy exciting and love seeing more-and-more coming from GMK. We're slowly building credibility with them as a reliable source for special order. That's mostly because of Ivan and all his hard work putting these group buys together.

I can't thank you enough for all that you do for us Ivan.  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #906 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 12:10:32 »
I think this is crazy exciting and love seeing more-and-more coming from GMK. We're slowly building credibility with them as a reliable source for special order. That's mostly because of Ivan and all his hard work putting these group buys together.

I can't thank you enough for all that you do for us Ivan.  :thumb:

Ivan for president!  ;)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #907 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 12:42:47 »
My vote goes to him,  I nominated him when he got the MOQ lowered.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #908 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 16:04:54 »
I'd vote for him too lol
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #909 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 17:19:26 »
At least for the moment the original green code keys retain their value and rarity ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #910 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 17:24:31 »
At least for the moment the original green code keys retain their value and rarity ;)

As do the original blue code keys ^-^

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #911 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 21:07:35 »
I sent GMK the picture of the CODE key that is in the OP when I asked if they had it... so I am confused myself but it's OK. In the future if it is to be included in something or offered alone again I can make sure we get that one with all caps specifically.

I'm a bit upset if not heartbroken that it's not in all caps...
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline tbc

« Reply #912 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 00:45:43 »
ya, kinda upset that it's not in all caps.  i knew about the randomness of the color and actually liked that.  not a big deal in any case and i'm glad we're getting it, especially for free.  thanks again to ivan.

are people interested in a geekhack + code key mini pack?  i'd be super interested in a set of at least one of each with inverted colors or some other scheme where we might get it for cheaper.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline gojira54

« Reply #913 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 01:24:37 »
It all depends if GMK actually have the original style tooling - if not then what Ivan is giving us for free is as good as it gets :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #914 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 01:25:39 »
It all depends if GMK actually have the original style tooling - if not then what Ivan is giving us for free is as good as it gets :)

I'm guessing that's probably what happened. Would be awesome to find out for certain if they actually do have the all caps version.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #915 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 01:38:26 »
If they do and I go ahead with my supplementary to RGB/CMYK GMK pack GB, I will include a couple of different variants matching the original CODE keys in light green, light blue and some other variants based on IC as a pack. :D

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #916 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:51:26 »
FYI - The original code keycap molding process is a bit different from the other GMK caps I've seen - here's what the green one I have looks like from underneath (edit: the blue one is the same, btw):

versus modern GMK doubleshots (keycap on the right is GMK, the one on the left is SP - also, image credit goes to GH user amasokin):

The original code keycaps are quite old - like late 80's old - they've been out of production for a long time.  So yeah, GMK may not have the original tooling for upper-case code keycaps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 March 2014, 11:43:48 by Dianoda »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #917 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:56:46 »
That is a very clean double shot.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #918 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 11:10:26 »
not a CODE key but I also have keycaps from a TA typewriter, these old Cherry doubleshot are quite different I agree

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #919 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 11:12:15 »
FYI - The original code keycap molding process is a bit different from the other GMK caps I've seen - here's what the green one I have looks like from underneath:

Show Image

versus modern GMK doubleshots (keycap on the right is GMK, the one on the left is SP - also, image credit goes to GH user amasokin):

Show Image

The original code keycaps are quite old - like late 80's old - they've been out of production for a long time.  So yeah, GMK may not have the original tooling for upper-case code keycaps caps.

I would slap myself silly and dress up in a leotard for a complete set of keycaps like that code key.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #920 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 11:12:28 »
Can you show the legends on those two keycaps

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:35:51 »
Well they said they had it... so I guess something got mixed up when whoever went and pulled the tooling. They have some legends that are the 'same' with some minor variation. I would think that something like this happened similar to what happened with the mistake legends on the white/purple set with the differences of the alignments on the 2.25 shift and 1x Ctrl keys. I think the only thing we can do is ask for a check photo before the order is ran in the future to make sure they are using the exact specific legend version we are after.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #922 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 21:56:53 »
Anyone in the Des Moines IA area? I could probably use a bit of help getting all this stuff packed up. If you are and have some time to help out PM me.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #923 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 07:59:08 »
Sorry for the delay getting orders mailed. I have only gotten Austrian, most of Australian orders finished then my printer decided it no longer wants to function at all. :(
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 April 2014, 08:00:43 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #924 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 09:14:01 »
psh, USA, USA, USA!

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #925 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 09:24:25 »
Go [C]anada!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #926 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 09:26:26 »
I am way too far to help, but I'd really love to do it. All this hard work you give to the community is just so awesome.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #927 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 14:29:36 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #928 on: Fri, 04 April 2014, 16:00:55 »
I'd help but I'm NY based :(

I trust you to get it sorted, though. You're good at that.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #929 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 05:54:10 »
Sorry for the delay getting orders mailed. I have only gotten Austrian, most of Australian orders finished then my printer decided it no longer wants to function at all. :(

Go Team Alphabet! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #930 on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 07:56:00 »
Go Team Alphabet! :D

Did you mean this?
Australia
... very long long list ...
USA 
 :))
I like linear switches

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #931 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 00:19:42 »
A huge thanks to HoffmanMyster for coming down and helping me out. Orders from the following countries will be shipped on Monday...
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, China, Deutschland, Denmark, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Macedonia, Malaysia.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: GMK Mini packs (shipping)
« Reply #932 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 01:26:31 »
Woo!

Thanks Hoff!!

:)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #933 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 02:02:03 »
A huge thanks to HoffmanMyster for coming down and helping me out. Orders from the following countries will be shipped on Monday...
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, China, Deutschland, Denmark, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Macedonia, Malaysia.
Does this means that I finally might get something faster than all the CONUS folks here?  :))
Props to Mr.Hoffman and to of course to you Ivan for doing this, thanks!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #934 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 02:12:21 »

Thanks Hoffman.

India? Might as well just write MOZ

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #935 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 04:17:10 »
Thank you Hoffman and Ivan!

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #936 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 05:55:38 »
I think that's actually prety cool that non US orders are shipping first. Good job fellas!

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #937 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 06:10:16 »

Thanks Ivan and HoffmanMyster for your efforts!

My daughter has her fingers crossed for Purple and Pink spacebars. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #938 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 06:17:44 »
Mind you, even with alphabetical postage, its going to take probably 3 to 4 weeks to get to Australia anyway, so most of you will have yours weeks before me :p

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #939 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 09:43:19 »

Oh damn Malaysia first. UK why ?  :(
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #940 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 10:53:33 »
Nice! I'm hype.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #941 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 13:52:33 »

It seems they are using alphabetical order for the job.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #942 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 14:38:06 »
I like to mix up the send order in different ways. Sometimes I do it by order date, or paid date, or username... this time I did it by country order.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #943 on: Sun, 06 April 2014, 14:46:46 »

It seems they are using alphabetical order for the job.

It's okay ! As long as I receive it  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #944 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 01:41:38 »
Thank you, Hoff! I wish I lived even remotely close -I'd have definitely helped =/
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #945 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 02:08:12 »

Happy to help! I had a lot of fun and enjoyed hanging out and packing orders. Glad I decided to make the trip.

Also, to everyone else: these sets are absolutely stunning and I promise you will all be completely satisfied with them.    ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #946 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 02:18:08 »

Happy to help! I had a lot of fun and enjoyed hanging out and packing orders. Glad I decided to make the trip.

Also, to everyone else: these sets are absolutely stunning and I promise you will all be completely satisfied with them.    ;D

It's GMK - what other reaction could we possibly have?

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #947 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 07:45:47 »

I think it's hysterically cool that the "Man of Mystery" was the one on the scene to lend aid. Awesome.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #948 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 08:02:54 »
Ivan just curiosity, how many people from Macedonia ordered?
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #949 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 08:03:14 »
Ivan just curiosity, how many people from Macedonia ordered?
I guess only me? :D
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.