Author Topic: [GB] Custom/Switch Stickers [Shipping]  (Read 105754 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] Custom/Switch Stickers [Shipping]
« Reply #400 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 15:48:22 »
Alright. I can't really do anything to help, but don't waste your time refunding my order.

Deal with your real life first, and us second.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 09:18:07 »
Ey MOZ, I also don't want a refund.

If there's anything I can do help, please PM me.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #402 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 11:34:14 »
I totally agree with the others before me.

Don't worry about this GB - your personal stuff is way more important right now!

Offline Chemisery

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 19:39:40 »
Yes Moz,  I agree with the rest, refund is not on my mind.. Just settle your stuff first! If there's anything I can help, let me know too!
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TK + Iron Mask II + GMK Dolch
WTB:
Riptide MX
Cosmic Dusk V2 MX
Nebulus V2 MX
Interstellar Blue V2 MX

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 15:08:46 »
Someone needs to revive this.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 15:23:54 »

Perhaps you didn't see these posts?

It's only natural to ask that question, and the answer is, no. I hate to say it, but it is true, along with all the packing stuff, the packaged stickers, and the unpackaged, almost all the stickers are now ashes.

The harsh reality is that, the stickers were one of the first to catch fire, and spread it, you can see power plug with naked wire coming out if it in the picture above. The place is still being fixed up, detoxified (Burnt vinyl is dangerous). I will try to find a way to mend things, just need time.

:(

Please, please, noone send me any money at this point of time. I will refund any such payments.

My first reaction to this whole fire thing and the GB was to refund everyone's money, but that is a little tricky with my PayPal setup. I can accept money, not send since it is not linked to any CC, which is required for PP India. I use my friends' accounts to pay for stuff when I need to. All funds in PP are auto-withdrawn to attached bank account every morning. So refund is a very long process involving several more bank/PayPal/ForEx charges.

Once things have settled down, I will try to get this back on track or refund the collected money, this will be a while. :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 15:36:34 »
I don't even use stickers anymore. Do what is best for you right now MOZ
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #407 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 18:17:51 »

It's only natural to ask that question, and the answer is, no. I hate to say it, but it is true, along with all the packing stuff, the packaged stickers, and the unpackaged, almost all the stickers are now ashes.

The harsh reality is that, the stickers were one of the first to catch fire, and spread it, you can see power plug with naked wire coming out if it in the picture above. The place is still being fixed up, detoxified (Burnt vinyl is dangerous). I will try to find a way to mend things, just need time.

Please, please, noone send me any money at this point of time. I will refund any such payments.

My first reaction to this whole fire thing and the GB was to refund everyone's money, but that is a little tricky with my PayPal setup. I can accept money, not send since it is not linked to any CC, which is required for PP India. I use my friends' accounts to pay for stuff when I need to. All funds in PP are auto-withdrawn to attached bank account every morning. So refund is a very long process involving several more bank/PayPal/ForEx charges.

Once things have settled down, I will try to get this back on track or refund the collected money, this will be a while. :(

I said revive.

I used that word specifically because I DID see those posts.
I said someone meaning not MOZ.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #408 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 18:47:38 »

I said revive.

I used that word specifically because I DID see those posts.
I said someone meaning not MOZ.

I'm sure if someone else could have done a dirt cheap switch stickers group buy they would have.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #409 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 19:06:03 »

Why don't you use stickers anymore?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 19:09:34 »
I don't have stickers on my current keyboards either now.  The stickerless look is cleaner, and SIP sockets/LEDs eliminate any wobble.  I don't believe stickers offer any dirt protection, after looking carefully at how they fit.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #411 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 23:04:18 »

Stickers are a huge pain in the ass, the tiny bit that sticks out gets debris stuck to it (hairs, dust, etc) and that becomes more visible and harder to dust away and remove. Plus how often do you look at your keyboard without keycaps on it? I also notice zero difference in movement of the housing when I am physically trying to move the housing in all kinds of directions, 95% of which it would not move in during regular typing. *Maybe* the top 1% of typists would notice a difference between stickered and non-stickered switches. It started in Korea and I'm calling bull****. Stickers look cool when you have no caps on your board, and that is it. It is akin to painting a car engine some badass color. If you have all time time and money in the world, by all means do it, but your car won't be faster. I'll keep a little extra change in my pocket and spend the time on something else.

All that being said if somehow my order comes through in the future I'll use some of the stickers and give away the rest. I'm not concerned in getting the stickers or my money back and am glad MOZ is alright.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #412 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 01:45:00 »

Stickers are a huge pain in the ass, the tiny bit that sticks out gets debris stuck to it (hairs, dust, etc) and that becomes more visible and harder to dust away and remove. Plus how often do you look at your keyboard without keycaps on it? I also notice zero difference in movement of the housing when I am physically trying to move the housing in all kinds of directions, 95% of which it would not move in during regular typing. *Maybe* the top 1% of typists would notice a difference between stickered and non-stickered switches. It started in Korea and I'm calling bull****. Stickers look cool when you have no caps on your board, and that is it. It is akin to painting a car engine some badass color. If you have all time time and money in the world, by all means do it, but your car won't be faster. I'll keep a little extra change in my pocket and spend the time on something else.

All that being said if somehow my order comes through in the future I'll use some of the stickers and give away the rest. I'm not concerned in getting the stickers or my money back and am glad MOZ is alright.

Thank you for the info.
From my earlier posts, any dis concern was unintended.
I've dealt with fire on two close accounts.
I'm glad MOZ is okay.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 11:05:33 »
Thanks a lot guys, I can't express how much this means to me.

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 13:39:51 »
Can somebody sell me their order?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 13:52:52 »
Can somebody sell me their order?

Read the thread dude.

Please take 5 minutes to do some research before asking questions.  Literally 90% of your questions could be answered by 5 minutes of looking at the thread or Googling.  I'm only saying something because it's becoming a bit absurd.

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:00:40 »
I read OP:

What we are getting
Show Image

Show Image

Switch Stickers - They make your board look pretty! The sticker is used to eliminate the small movement (left-to-right) in the plastic part of the switch, so it is not something major as oiling & greasing, but the sensitive keyboard enthusiasts could not stand that tiny flaw and made stickers that fit perfectly in that small crack of the switch.

Also helps with PCB switches, think about it, the plate already helps significantly in stabilizing the switch since it holds the bottom of the switch and the legs that hold the top half in place.  On PCB mounted switches you only have the contacts, legs, and potentially a diode or LED to stabilize it, but the top half of the housing has more room to wiggle and play.  So if the top is loose on PCB mounted, it will wobble more.  The sticker is supposed to make the top less wobbly and stabilize it more.

These stickers would go really well with this GB as it would show of your stickers!
Show Image

The Design
Vinyl used will be 3mil or 4mil depending on the vinyl. Below are the three designs that will be available:

Original:
Show Image

Moose (Better coverage IMO):
Show Image

The sheets will be 6"x12" and have 8x16 stickers.

My review of these stickers: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46665.msg992036#msg992036
The size problem has been corrected and now they fit perfectly.

Colors available
Switch stickers will be offered in two categories:
1. Fixed price. The price of each sheet has been fixed based on popularity of colors via a poll. The colors and their price are mentioned below:
More
Show Image

2. Tiered pricing. All the available colors except eh ones above will also be available, however due to smaller order quantity and sorting, the price of these would be decided based on total quantities ordered. These price tiers are not for an individual order but for the whole GB and irrespective of the shape of the sticker. We hit price tiers as following:
Price Tier 1: Initial price tier
Price Tier 2: 50 sheets ordered for given color
Price Tier 3: 100 sheets ordered for given color
More
Show Image

Plain Vinyl
You can also order plain vinyl if you want, you may want this for some projects of your own or get some plotting done by yourself, and since we are getting vinyls in bulk, you would be able to save money. The prices for a 1'x1' sheet are $1 for solid colors and $2 for all the other fancy stuff. Vinyl code and sample are in the below table. If you want to order in bulk or want other dimensions (In multiples of feet), PM me.
More
Show Image

Custom Stickers
If you have some design you want made into a sticker this can be arranged at the give prices below. Any design can be plotted as long as it is in black and white.
Eg:
More
Show Image
The black part will be made into a sticker

Complex designs can be printed on transparent sheet, thus having an opaque look or printed on white vinyl. They will then be cut along a borderline  based of your design.. Just like printing a sticker at home and cutting it out, except instead of being on paper it would be on clear or white vinyl.
Eg.
More
Show Image
The Pikachu would be printed and cut along the white part, it can be cut without a border but there is a limitation on the detail for small sized stickers.

Costing would be $ 0.02 per sq. inch printed or plotted.

Release stickers (Area around sticker not needed removed and a clear tape added on top to peel the sticker to stick it somewhere and then remove the tape) would cost $0.09 per sq. inch.

Shipping weight for 1sq inch of vinyl is 0.175g.

All custom stickers requested so far: http://goo.gl/UdiTWe

Size (net) is the actual size of the sticker
Size(gross) is the size of the vinyl used for cutting the sticker as there are extras (around 2-3mm on each side) to accommodate releasing and cutting the stickers.
Weight and price is calculated based on the gross size of the sticker.

Minimum Order Quantity
There is no MOQ on any sticker sheet however there will be a 10 sticker MOQ on custom stickers. There is also no MOQ for plain vinyls.

Costs + Shipping
Each sheet will contain 8x16 stickers = 128 stickers folded in half and be mailed in a CD/DVD bubble mailer by Registered Indian Post.

The price for any sheet will be as it is mentioned for each color in the table above

Weight of bubble mailer + some extras (Surprise!) = 25g
Weight of one sticker sheet = 12g

Shipping will cost (Same worldwide):
$4 for first 100g
$1 for every additional 100g

So you can get upto 6 sheets in the base shipping cost ($4), and upto 7 more for each extra 100g ($1).

Weight of 1'x1' for plain vinyls is 25g.

Weight of custom stickers is mentioned in the spreadsheet above.

Maximum weight is 2000g. If you want to order more, I will have to use bulk mailer, contact me via PM as shipping varies depending on location for bulk orders.

PayPal will be the only mode for payment.

These costs have been mentioned factoring all costs such as productions, costs for getting these to me, bubble mailer package, etc as well as PayPal fees. So what you see is what you pay.

Ordering
You can place your orders here: http://goo.gl/1yZMD1

Last date to submit orders is 15th-October.
Most of the invoicing would be done in two days after that followed by payments by the end of October.
I will then order the materials and get them shipped by Novemeber end.

Please note that the order form has a second for embedded for the tiered price switch stickers.

Acknowledgements
I would like to thank the following members:
mkawa - inspiring me to go ahead and do this
infiniti - for cutting and tetsing the true first batch of the stickers
BlueBar - Providing scans of the Korean Sticker Sheet
jdcarpe - Volunteering to inspect quality of the sticker sheet
pillon - For original design files at KBDMania

Bulk Orders
I would like to invite vendors to contact me for bulk orders if they would like to stock these in their online stores, I will opt for bulk ordering options in those cases and see if prices can be reduced further by eliminating extras that ship out to other members.

And I read

So I think people do not want sticker so I buy.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:03:45 »
I read OP:
More

What we are getting
Show Image

Show Image

Switch Stickers - They make your board look pretty! The sticker is used to eliminate the small movement (left-to-right) in the plastic part of the switch, so it is not something major as oiling & greasing, but the sensitive keyboard enthusiasts could not stand that tiny flaw and made stickers that fit perfectly in that small crack of the switch.

Also helps with PCB switches, think about it, the plate already helps significantly in stabilizing the switch since it holds the bottom of the switch and the legs that hold the top half in place.  On PCB mounted switches you only have the contacts, legs, and potentially a diode or LED to stabilize it, but the top half of the housing has more room to wiggle and play.  So if the top is loose on PCB mounted, it will wobble more.  The sticker is supposed to make the top less wobbly and stabilize it more.

These stickers would go really well with this GB as it would show of your stickers!
Show Image

The Design
Vinyl used will be 3mil or 4mil depending on the vinyl. Below are the three designs that will be available:

Original:
Show Image

Show Image

My review of these stickers: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46665.msg992036#msg992036

Colors available
1. Fixed price. The price of each sheet has been fixed based on popularity of colors via a poll. The colors and their price are mentioned below:
More
Show Image

2. Tiered pricing. All the available colors except eh ones above will also be available, however due to smaller order quantity and sorting, the price of these would be decided based on total quantities ordered. These price tiers are not for an individual order but for the whole GB and irrespective of the shape of the sticker. We hit price tiers as following:
More
Show Image

Plain Vinyl
You can also order plain vinyl if you want, you may want this for some projects of your own or get some plotting done by yourself, and since we are getting vinyls in bulk, you would be able to save money. The prices for a 1'x1' sheet are $1 for solid colors and $2 for all the other fancy stuff. Vinyl code and sample are in the below table. If you want to order in bulk or want other dimensions (In multiples of feet), PM me.
More
Show Image

Custom Stickers
If you have some design you want made into a sticker this can be arranged at the give prices below. Any design can be plotted as long as it is in black and white.
Eg:
More
Show Image

Complex designs can be printed on transparent sheet, thus having an opaque look or printed on white vinyl. They will then be cut along a borderline  based of your design.. Just like printing a sticker at home and cutting it out, except instead of being on paper it would be on clear or white vinyl.
Eg.
More
Show Image
The Pikachu would be printed and cut along the white part, it can be cut without a border but there is a limitation on the detail for small sized stickers.

Release stickers (Area around sticker not needed removed and a clear tape added on top to peel the sticker to stick it somewhere and then remove the tape) would cost $0.09 per sq. inch.

Size(gross) is the size of the vinyl used for cutting the sticker as there are extras (around 2-3mm on each side) to accommodate releasing and cutting the stickers.

Minimum Order Quantity
There is no MOQ on any sticker sheet however there will be a 10 sticker MOQ on custom stickers. There is also no MOQ for plain vinyls.

Costs + Shipping
Each sheet will contain 8x16 stickers = 128 stickers folded in half and be mailed in a CD/DVD bubble mailer by Registered Indian Post.

The price for any sheet will be as it is mentioned for each color in the table above

$4 for first 100g

So you can get upto 6 sheets in the base shipping cost ($4), and upto 7 more for each extra 100g ($1).

Maximum weight is 2000g. If you want to order more, I will have to use bulk mailer, contact me via PM as shipping varies depending on location for bulk orders.

These costs have been mentioned factoring all costs such as productions, costs for getting these to me, bubble mailer package, etc as well as PayPal fees. So what you see is what you pay.

Ordering

Most of the invoicing would be done in two days after that followed by payments by the end of October.

Please note that the order form has a second for embedded for the tiered price switch stickers.

Acknowledgements

Bulk Orders
I would like to invite vendors to contact me for bulk orders if they would like to stock these in their online stores, I will opt for bulk ordering options in those cases and see if prices can be reduced further by eliminating extras that ship out to other members.

And I read

If you look at this page and the last one, you'll see they were made and all of them were burned in a fire.

Offline awong

• ★★★★★★★★★★★★
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 02 August 2014, 14:04:47 »
I read OP:
More

What we are getting
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The Design

Original:
Show Image

Show Image

Colors available
More
Show Image

More
Show Image

Plain Vinyl
More
Show Image

Custom Stickers
Eg:
More
Show Image

Eg.
More
Show Image

Minimum Order Quantity

Costs + Shipping

$4 for first 100g

Ordering

Acknowledgements

Bulk Orders

And I read

If you look at this page and the last one, you'll see they were made and all of them were burned in a fire.

Oh. :-[

Offline lewi

« Reply #419 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 01:04:32 »
hmm, how's going?
we have to forget stickers and money? or ...

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #420 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 02:18:43 »
hmm, how's going?

For now, yes. Once I have things back on track, I will refund all the money collected in the GB, if it means anything I haven't participated in any GBs or bought any keyboard related stuff since the accident at me place, since i don't think it is right for me to do so, in fact, I have been pretty inactive on the forums because I am pretty embarrassed of what has happened. However I will be ever present to answer any questions, via PM or my threads.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #421 on: Sun, 03 August 2014, 12:36:40 »
hmm, how's going?

For now, yes. Once I have things back on track, I will refund all the money collected in the GB, if it means anything I haven't participated in any GBs or bought any keyboard related stuff since the accident at me place, since i don't think it is right for me to do so, in fact, I have been pretty inactive on the forums because I am pretty embarrassed of what has happened. However I will be ever present to answer any questions, via PM or my threads.

What happened wasn't your fault so you shouldn't feel embarrassed.

I had a small order, and don't want a refund since I feel that's insensitive since you took a bigger hit.

Hope you're doing well.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #422 on: Mon, 04 August 2014, 02:26:16 »
I've temporarily moved to Jo'burg, SA to get a fresh start on things, thanks. :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #423 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 12:24:51 »
That's quite the move.

GL.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline AlexJP

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 21:50:46 »
soo... no stickers?

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #425 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:01:25 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #426 on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 22:01:55 »
:facepalm:

perhaps this thread can be locked since things didn't work out?