Poll

Preferred port

Mini USB
74 (15.6%)
USB C
401 (84.4%)

Total Members Voted: 475

Author Topic: [IC] Rukia (GB form opens Thursday 5/23/19 @9pm PST, confirm your local time)  (Read 67503 times)

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Re: [IC] Rukia
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 04:59:50 »
Kidding aside, I won't be naming future boards weird Latin-inspired Japanese interpretations of names.
On another note, I just got home from work at the hospital to a couple packages...
3d printed prototype is in. PCB in USB-mini and USB-C versions are in. The USB-mini one is from the projectkeyboard.com GB, and the USB-C is for Rukia, and....

**FIT IS GOOD!!!**

Also, I have the plates in from projectkeyboard, and they fit great.

Everything is very tight in terms of my measurements for fit, but even with 3d printing tolerances, it is all a really nice and pleasant build experience. The plate is as tight as I've seen people struggle with on build streams. It's as tight as my EM7 plate was. Soldering was a BREEZE, though, afterward.
The typing angle feels really good to me.
The PCB works great with QMK. I built my .hex file a while ago, based off what I wish my EM7 could do, especially with tap dancing, and this layout with those features is PERFECT to me. Especially for gaming (well, WoW at least), typing, and Fusion360.

No pictures or video yet because I have to clean up the flash, and it's 3d printed so it's not indicative of how polycarb will feel, look, and sound.
But what I really wanted to make sure of was the USB port fit with both types, the adjusted angle, the fit with screw-in/clip in stabs, and the screw depth/placement.

It's all good. I'm..just....man. This is huge for me. The first board I put work into that is going to be made into a reality. It's not my original base design, I know. But I've put a lot of effort and work into this--all done at night after my family sleeps.
And this gives me so much more confidence for Irma.

Here's the thing, though: should I start the GB based off a 3D printed prototype without a polycarb version?
My opinion is yes. Absolutely yes. I'll be diligent to make sure that the polycarb fab is on point. I'll order a polycarb sample very soon.
But based off what I have in hand, I'm confident in my files. I'm confident in the manufacturer and my collaborators. I really think this is going to be special.

I don't think I'll drop the GB today (Friday 5/17/19).
But I will give 24 hours notice in this thread before posting the GB thread.
I'll also temporarily change the title of this thread to include the date and time of the GB form going live.
25 slots open to FCFS.
I'm still going through messages for the private GB. I think people would be scared if they saw my Discord throughout today. I've answered everyone on Discord, but not everyone who will be included has been notified or invoiced. It might come to you in the morning after I sleep a couple hours.
I still have to respond to some people who messaged through Geekhack and Reddit. Please be patient with me.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:01:52 »
Brass plate will happen. Just not in the main GB options.
I love the way brass sounds and feels with cutouts. But with the plate's odd shape, I want to make sure I place them correctly. There's not a lot of real estate.
For those who get in and want brass. It's gonna happen.

Offline evanmcferran

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:03:58 »
Amazing work! Can’t wait for the gb! Thank you for being able to make this a reality

Offline victorpre

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:05:43 »
Amazing news Jaxx!!
Great work so far! I'm in for opening the GB just with the 3d printed version!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #304 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 05:40:48 »
Rukia.
And then next Keeb is Ichigo.

Then there'll be a Hollow series with certain featues in its build or materials.
And then you get a whole filler season.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #305 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 06:47:30 »
I'm scared

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #306 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 07:43:18 »
Rukia.

Then there'll be a Hollow series with certain featues in its build or materials.

Hahahaha! or FIVE

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #307 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:19:31 »
Rukia.

Hahahaha! or FIVE

When you come into the series late enough that you can skip them all  :thumb:

Offline g_mr_p

« Reply #308 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:32:49 »
Sounds like the GB is just around the corner, can't wait to see the prototype unit in action.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #309 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 17:14:47 »
Man, it's such a cool layout. Every other ergo layout I've seen don't really cut it for me. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for future rounds if I don't get in on this one.

Offline krazysamurai

« Reply #310 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:26:20 »
Man, sucks to be a new user to the forum if we're getting excluded. I mean, I get it. Flippers ruin everything. You gotta do what you feel is right & fair for the community.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:53:31 »
Man, sucks to be a new user to the forum if we're getting excluded. I mean, I get it. Flippers ruin everything. You gotta do what you feel is right & fair for the community.
New accounts are not excluded.
English is not the barometer for legit-niss.
Like I said, shady people are sometimes very bad about hiding their shadiness.
Asking for 10 slots for people in one’s home country will get you excluded. Can those 10 people not use a keyboard to contact me? Why then are they buying this expensive a$$ keyboard?
Seriously. Google translate. Or not. A message to me in odd syntax is fine. A message to me in mandarin, Russian, korean, Portuguese, whatever is totally okay. I will answer you back in a horrible attempt at your language.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:55:49 by Jaxxstatic »

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #312 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 21:56:43 »
For those who messaged me on GH and not discord, please be patient with me. I’m at work but I’ll get to your message. I apologize for the wait.

Offline freespam

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 22:37:35 »
Here's the thing, though: should I start the GB based off a 3D printed prototype without a polycarb version?
My opinion is yes. Absolutely yes. I'll be diligent to make sure that the polycarb fab is on point. I'll order a polycarb sample very soon.
But based off what I have in hand, I'm confident in my files. I'm confident in the manufacturer and my collaborators. I really think this is going to be special.

I have no experience in this stuff, but fwiw, I'd feel more comfortable with a prototype based on seeing other buys where the runner got one and wasn't satisfied with it for whatever reason.  OTOH, there's a side of me that just wants this to be made ASAP assuming I can get in on the buy!

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #314 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 23:08:39 »
To clarify:
I’m not talking about people combining orders to try to save on shipping. That just makes sense and of course I’ll let people proxy. Also shipping will be done via the preferred means of the buyers. They’re paying for the shipping anyways.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 17:54:47 »
Purple poly is dope

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline iaman

« Reply #316 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 18:31:31 »
Purple poly is dope
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Extremely good 💜

Offline elpepe21

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:14:26 »
Purple poly is dope
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

when and where?

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:16:02 »
Purple poly is dope
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

when and where?

head over to group buys.

It's name is MXSS

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:29:37 »

Offline jaang

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:31:15 »

Offline evanmcferran

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:31:58 »
!!!

Offline victorpre

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:36:48 »

Offline vegs

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:37:55 »
 :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline demonahz

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:39:32 »

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 02:58:04 »
 :)

Offline pnkpanther65

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 08:34:19 »
Set it off :D good luck

Offline Lormania

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:10:38 »
Ooo hope I get one :)

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 09:33:26 »
This is going to be my hype board of 2019 \o/

Offline Furikurichemy

Is the buy going to start when the page goes up (like e65), or will it just announce a later date?

Offline KingOfMemes

Is the buy going to start when the page goes up (like e65), or will it just announce a later date?
9PM PST on Thursday the 23rd

Offline Furikurichemy

Awesome thanks!

Offline raphaelf

I'm confused. Isn't PDT active now?

Offline neojonathan

I'm confused. Isn't PDT active now?

Today is wednesday..

Offline radam

He means PST vs PDT.
Down with DST.

Offline flippanteer

I can understand going ahead with the GB with just the 3D print proto, but can we have any images of the proto? I want confirmation of design.
Current boards: FLX Virgo w/ NK Drys, E8.5 w/ NK Drys, LZ Physix w/ H1s,  Moon TKL w/ MX Zilents, HAD66 [Alice layout] w/ NK Creams, KBD75v1 w/ Zealios 67g v1

Purchased boards: Infinitum

Past boards: Trinity w/ Tealios v2, Lubrigante w/ Holy YOK Trash Pandas, Kumo w/ Novelkeys Cream, Diverge 2 w/ MX Browns, Planck w/ MOD-H, Anne Pro w/ MX Blue

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon

Offline pnkpanther65

YES

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
Oh. GB link is active. Same pics in there

Offline flippanteer

Beautiful, thanks!
Current boards: FLX Virgo w/ NK Drys, E8.5 w/ NK Drys, LZ Physix w/ H1s,  Moon TKL w/ MX Zilents, HAD66 [Alice layout] w/ NK Creams, KBD75v1 w/ Zealios 67g v1

Purchased boards: Infinitum

Past boards: Trinity w/ Tealios v2, Lubrigante w/ Holy YOK Trash Pandas, Kumo w/ Novelkeys Cream, Diverge 2 w/ MX Browns, Planck w/ MOD-H, Anne Pro w/ MX Blue