Author Topic: [IC] XDA Ghost - Jan 7 - More Renders / Kit Reorg  (Read 20240 times)

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

Re: [IC] XDA Ghost - Oct 16 - More Renders
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 05:17:42 »
I like it! I love the idea you had for the novelties, fits well with the theme. Imo the words don't even need to be in the accent color or maybe just a slightly different shade of grey, so it's more of a hidden message.
I'd also be in favor of the split space kit, but it wouldn't be the end of the world if you have to cut it.

Offline fireworm

Re: [IC] XDA Ghost - Jan 7 - More Renders / Kit Reorg
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 13:22:04 »
Updated kits and got some renders for them.

In other news, I'm reconsidering KAM.  Mainly due to KAM Wraith having a matte finish, and seemingly easier to get a hold of.

I've revamped novelties to be more robust, IMO.

I've removed the red text in favor of using pastel accents.  I think it's more suited at the moment.

I'm also going to bring back the St Croce font for another set of alphas, making it optional.
So two sets of alphas: One fancy, one normal.
Will get some renders of these new alphas 'soon'.

Kits:
Alphas: Yep, here they are.

TKL:

Numpad: For those spreadsheet users:

ISO: For those dozens of folks:

40s + Ortho:  Combining these to help them meet moq.

Split Space: I'm personally a fan, but not a 40s user, so let's offer it separate.

Novelties:  For that ghost in your keyboard.  Note the font will be darker than normal alphas, but still on alpha colored caps:

« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2020, 13:46:04 by fireworm »

Offline Vortex_Rikers

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 10:58:14 »
I love this set and the idea behind it! I wasn't around on GH since its inception but I've been hoping for an update from the moment I stumbled upon this thread!

I think XDA would be more suited than KAM for this set on account of it being more flat, but I have no hands-on experience with either profile, so ... I should get my hands on XDA keycaps soon though, which may change my mind.

Also, the novelties set has a "DON'T" but no "DO" key. Is this intentional ?

Offline Graysonneal14

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 21:17:47 »
Combining alphas and TKL and maybe removing or separating the alt colored mod keys would make this a day one join.

Offline ILikeShorts

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 14:45:20 »
No homing kit to automatically support colevrak+? This is a flat profile, no?

Offline fireworm

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 15:05:19 »
No homing kit to automatically support colevrak+? This is a flat profile, no?
Switching to KAM makes this easier, and likely supported.

I love this set and the idea behind it! I wasn't around on GH since its inception but I've been hoping for an update from the moment I stumbled upon this thread!

I think XDA would be more suited than KAM for this set on account of it being more flat, but I have no hands-on experience with either profile, so ... I should get my hands on XDA keycaps soon though, which may change my mind.

Also, the novelties set has a "DON'T" but no "DO" key. Is this intentional ?
I'll give it a little thought; thanks for the feedback, thanks for the support!

Combining alphas and TKL and maybe removing or separating the alt colored mod keys would make this a day one join.
What makes combining more appealing than two kits (with the same keys)?  Alphas are split so you can buy Alphas + Ortho or Alphas + TKL.

FWIW, going to KAM means I can likely split out accents, and not worry about MOQ.

Sorry about delays here.  Working with vendors is taking longer than I anticipated, esp. with LNY / Virus.

I'm targeting Q2 for GB launch.

Offline eas

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 13:06:20 »
I'd be delighted to join this if KAM and Ortho kit is its own kit, regardless of how long it takes.

Offline timescam

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 06:04:05 »
Just fond this IC.
As a colevrak user, KAM pleases me. As the way MOQ works makes a homing set for cloverak possible.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 12:53:26 »
A study in white:

Flash ON, Samsung Note 9.

I finally got in some color samples, and I wanted to compare to some white things I had lying around.

Short story, the base white I was using for the alphas is an impossible color, so I'm going to go down into lighter grays.  I'm gonna get more chips from SP, as well as a few Pantone plastic chips.  I'm also going to evaluate RAL colors, but worry a little bit, since I won't be able to get physical samples easily.

Longer story: I was planning on KAT Alpha as the base white, because for some reason, I thought it was white-white.  It's not.  The other color choices I made were based around this, so they are all off.  I poked around to see if anything else I had lying around was 'white'.  They are all not.  In fact, the MOD's appear bluer, and more 'white' than anything else here.  I was somewhat surprised at how yellow the yellow accent does appear, so I will likely keep it, or step it down to Carbon's creamy color.

Note that I consider all these 'white', but you can see how much they all vary.

Here's some more pics:

- Up close, flash.

- Cloudy day, no flash.

Also, here's a sample of the lightness I'm going for in the legends ('CAPS  *' is my choice):

It may help to print this out to verify.