Author Topic: Zealios V2 heavyness feel vs MX browns  (Read 8442 times)

Offline mgrass

Zealios V2 heavyness feel vs MX browns
« on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 17:06:53 »
Hi,

I'm building a new board and want to try out a new switch, I'm looking at zealios switches and am wondering if any of you guys have any comparisons between zealios switches and MX browns.
I like light switches, MX browns feel good in that regard and are my most used switch, but I have gotten Zealios suggested to me.

I was looking at haata's force curves (https://plot.ly/~haata/419)  for the Zealios switches and they look lighter than the MX browns even though most of the Zealios switches have a higher spring weight (I think browns are at about 62g, might be mistaken). Regardless, the force curves looks really promising as they start lighter and have a longer travel to peak resistance than the browns do.

I would love to hear your opinions on the Zealios switches compared to MX Browns in heavyness feel!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Zealios V2 heavyness feel vs MX browns
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 18:49:01 »
Zealio V2's are going to be significantly more tactile than the MX Browns.

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 04:51:45 »
Yeah, speaking of which, pretty sure those plots you linked to are v1

Offline TeacherGeek

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 14:34:36 »
i also think that the weighting detailed is for bottoming out.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 17:25:34 »
If you're talking about V2, the Zealios 62 gr is closest to MX Brown. Not surprising, since it uses a similar spring weight. The 62 gr Zilents (Silent Zealios) are definitely closer to MX Brown than other weights.

Zealios have their tactile bump right at the top, with no pre-travel. Then, it's a fast bottom-out. The 62 gr Zealios are definitely more tactile than MX Browns.

If you're talking about V1 Zealios, on the other hand, these were more directly based on MX Clears, and were so smooth and grit-free that the 62 gr felt lighter than MX Browns to me, even though it wasn't. I think you had to go to 65 gr Zealios V1 in order for it to be more familiar-feeling to MX Brown users.

I've mostly been using Zilents, instead of regular Zealios. The 62 gr are just right, coming from MX Browns. Maybe even a little too light. 65 gr just feel slower and deeper than they need to, the 67s moreso. I wonder if 63.5 would be the ideal weight for Zilents, and maybe Zealios.