Author Topic: 1800 layout board available right now?  (Read 5577 times)

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
1800 layout board available right now?
« on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:09:43 »
Hi guys,

I'm about to receive my first custom build in a few weeks and already thinking about the next one :D
My first build is a 60% board, which I will be primarily use for gaming, and I also own a 65% board. Both have linear switches (Gateron Black Inks & Gateron Reds).

Sometimes, however, I miss my numpads and the f-Buttons, so I'm thinking about getting another board. After a bit of snooping around, I found the 1800-layout, that I really really liked.
The problem is that all the gbs are either over, far away in the future or just not available.

Is there any board that is readily available for me to purchase? Or something comparable to this layout?
I'm located in Germany, if thats important.

Cheers

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: 1800 layout board available right now?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:16:22 »
I would go with the Leopold FC980PD but yeah in EU 0 in stock only MX blue at Candykeys.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:23:29 »
I would go with the Leopold FC980PD but yeah in EU 0 in stock only MX blue at Candykeys.

Looks nice, but I'd rather have a board that I can build myself. I'm planing on using Zealios switches or Holy Pandas if I can manage to get a hold of them.

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:31:11 »
These should be in stock:

https://kbdfans.com/collections/diy-kit/products/pre-orderkbdfans-kbd19x-90-mechanical-keyboard-diy-kit

Yeah that's the only one I've found so far. Wondered if there were any alternatives, but there don't seem to be any.

Offline Gampela

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:37:47 »
Erm.. something like this?

https://kono.store/collections/all-products-list/products/kira-mechanical-keyboard?variant=12128969097316

Edit. I'm guessing these are not GBs either:

https://www.txkeyboards.com/en/shop/keyboards/tx-cp-v2-grey-detail

Edit2. ...or you could just save some money and buy Leopold FC980PD and resolder new switches. You get super nice doubleshot pbt keycaps as extra.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:47:18 by Gampela »

Offline Henrythewound

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 12:39:36 »
I have been interested in the compact 1800 layout as well and all the best options I found were listed above. The cheapest way to get one of these is the Leopold. I got the Topre version recently and like the layout but it a little cramped. Aesthetically it's nice but the keycap options are definitely lacking with Topre. Next step up in the DIY realm is that KBD19x but all the colors I want are sold out. That TX board is just too much $$ for me at this point although I really do like it a lot. If you find another option let us know.

PS- I forgot to mention I built up a 96% which is like that kono board above. You can get cheaper options with hotswap in the Melody96 or YMDK PCBs. Those are good options if you want all the keys but don't need the separation of the arrow keys and numpad (I do want that space so I'm looking to sell the board I built).

Offline FRANCO

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 15:15:05 »
Some TKC1800s are available
https://thekey.company/collections/tkc-1800

Though probably not in the colors you would want. They have a lot of stock of the unpainted ones though