Author Topic: [GB] KAT Lich - Shipping to vendors very soon! Production photos!  (Read 46824 times)

Offline crash822

Re: [GB] KAT Lich - R2 Samples are in!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 15:46:10 »
Have extras give on sale yet? Saw the shop date is September so I'm hoping I can still pick up this set

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 16:08:52 »
Have extras give on sale yet? Saw the shop date is September so I'm hoping I can still pick up this set

Hi there,

Extras have not gone on sale - they will do so once GB orders have shipped.

I do not have an updated shipping date - I have not asked for one as colour samples are not confirmed.

I am still waiting for the R3 samples to be shipped to me, though the pictures and feedback I've been sent are promising. I've just sent another email to confirm the current status of the samples.

Hopefully the samples will all be good and I'll be able to approve them, in which case I will ask for a new ETA and update everyone via the relevant channels.

It's worth noting that production on Lich will not commence until Eternal is completed, regardless of whether colours are confirmed (at least to my understanding).
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2020, 16:11:30 by eskimojo »

Offline crash822

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 16:32:26 »

Hi there,

Extras have not gone on sale - they will do so once GB orders have shipped.

I do not have an updated shipping date - I have not asked for one as colour samples are not confirmed.

I am still waiting for the R3 samples to be shipped to me, though the pictures and feedback I've been sent are promising. I've just sent another email to confirm the current status of the samples.

Hopefully the samples will all be good and I'll be able to approve them, in which case I will ask for a new ETA and update everyone via the relevant channels.

It's worth noting that production on Lich will not commence until Eternal is completed, regardless of whether colours are confirmed (at least to my understanding).

Thanks for that. Hoping I can get in on this set. My favorite of the kobosuba sets

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 14:57:38 »
Update: R3 Colour Samples

After a long wait, the next round of samples is in! I think Keyreative made massive progress with these, and I'll be happy to move forward with the majority of the colours.

I've contacted Keyreative again, with the following feedback:

Alphas (2085C)

(old top, new bottom)
The difference is hard to photograph, but in person the colour is noticeably lighter and less saturated. I think this is a good match for the intended colour.

Modifiers (4126C)

(old left, new right)
I previously stated that I was happy with R2's 4126C, but I believe this round's version is even better. It's a little lighter, which matches the renders better.

Main accent (2008C)

(old top, new bottom - note that the cap labelled 2008C is actually 2009C and vice versa)
I believe that the cap labelled 2009C (which is actually 2008C) is a really nice match for the intended colour. It looks marzipan in some lighting, and yellow in some others.

Secondary accent (4119C)

(old left, new right)
This is the colour I'm most conflicted about. The feedback I provided about R2 was that I felt it was too blue, not purple enough. This revision has fixed that, and it's resulted in a really nice purple.
That said, I'm worried that it's no longer dark enough - the Pantone has a nice "black-ish" quality in some lights (scroll up to the OP to see pictures of my chips). I've requested a darker revision of this colour to see if it's possible to achieve this.

I'm also a little worried that the renders of this colour are lighter and greyer than the real colour is. Ultimately this is my issue, I should have checked the renders against my Pantone chips better.
I'm leaning towards aiming towards matching the Pantone regardless, as I believe the darker colour matches the character inspiration better (Wiz's straps and bat wings), but I'm interested to see what other people think.

In summary, I'm very happy with all of the colours except the secondary accent used solely for arrows. The current revision of this colour is very nice, but I want to see if it's possible to get a better match.

I've also asked about the possibility of getting samples made with the Lich font - hopefully this is possible.

The production is still due to begin once Eternal is completed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2020, 14:59:11 by eskimojo »

Offline NachoMist

Re: [GB] KAT Lich - R3 Samples!
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 15:05:00 »
my cheeks hurt from goin full poggers

need this set yesterday my dude

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
Re: [GB] KAT Lich - R3 Samples!
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 18:36:59 »
In other news, I've created a personal Discord server for my projects! Feel free to join if you want to discuss the set, KeycapLendar, or anything else. It also allows you to sign up for Discord pings.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
Re: [GB] KAT Lich - Colours finalised!
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 14:52:10 »
Update: R4 Secondary Accent Samples

After a much shorter wait, the latest revisions of the secondary accent (used for novelty arrows) are in!

As a reminder; the alphas, mods and main accent were finalised in the previous revision. The secondary accent was not, and I requested a darker variant.

Keyreative gave me two variants of varying darkness, and I think the darker of the two is exactly what I'm looking for!

I will concede that it is darker than the original provided pantone, however I believe that this colour both better represents the inspiration (Wiz's wings/straps on her cloak) and better matches the renders. Most importantly, it looks really good with the other set colours!

It has a quality I really like, where it's identifiably purple but in some lights is almost black-ish.

As you may have noticed, the latest samples have the Lich font, Signika! I think the sizing for these is perfect.

The below image should only be used for reference for the legends - it's not the final colour.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the colours we've landed on! I hope all of you will be as pleased as I am once production is completed and these ship out!
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 August 2020, 15:21:39 by eskimojo »

Offline raykcy

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 23:54:03 »
Can't for for mine to come in! Keyreative said you are very sensitive to colors and indeed you are ;D Thank you for your hard work!

Offline paysen

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 07:08:20 »
Awesome looking set. Hope to get an extra set since I missed the GB.

Offline Bayonett Priest

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 10:28:23 »
any updates of the set?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 10:56:42 »
any updates of the set?

Afraid not. I've emailed zFrontier multiple times in the last month and have not received any response.

NovelKeys has updated their status to the following:

Expected Ship Date: Jan. 2021
Status: Based on other sets we expect this to be delayed until January 2021.

Really though, until we get a response, it's up in the air. Expect delays, and be pleasantly surprised if something different happens.  :(

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 04:56:16 »
Status update

Good news! This morning I received an update from Alex of zFrontier.

Lich should be able to ship out to vendors in mid January. Keyreative is currently finalising KAM Wraith, and Lich is in the QA and sorting stage.

I should receive some manufacturing pictures this weekend.

Offline Vortex_Rikers

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 08:14:26 »
Great news indeed!  :thumb:

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 10:45:29 »
Surprise update

For those who haven't seen, Keyreative have released a 2021 update regarding the status of KAT, which you can read here. I recommend reading it all - there's some promising new developments, along with some progress updates for sets in production.

Speaking of - it includes Lich production photos! This took me by surprise, since they weren't in the Chinese version of the post.

I think it looks amazing, and I'm so hyped for it to ship out to vendors (which should be very soon, according to the update).

Offline Tyson

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 10:52:53 »
Surprise update

For those who haven't seen, Keyreative have released a 2021 update regarding the status of KAT, which you can read here. I recommend reading it all - there's some promising new developments, along with some progress updates for sets in production.

Speaking of - it includes Lich production photos! This took me by surprise, since they weren't in the Chinese version of the post.

I think it looks amazing, and I'm so hyped for it to ship out to vendors (which should be very soon, according to the update).

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I regret not getting normal mods and only alphas and ortho mods. I pray I can get an extra mod kit when extras go up!

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 11:37:15 »
I regret not getting normal mods and only alphas and ortho mods. I pray I can get an extra mod kit when extras go up!

A few people have said similar things to me - I hope the vendors don't get stuck with too many alpha kits  :p

Offline Tekilashot

Re: [GB] KAT Lich - Shipping to vendors very soon! Production photos!
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 13:13:08 »
Will the deskmat still be produced later ?

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
Re: [GB] KAT Lich - Shipping to vendors very soon! Production photos!
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 10:32:55 »
Will the deskmat still be produced later ?

I followed up with Mike from Novelkeys yesterday regarding the possibility of getting the ball rolling on deskpads. That said, I'm not too hopeful just yet as the original reason they didn't run in January last year was because we couldn't get samples before CNY. CNY is once again approaching, so this may throw a spanner in the works. I will post here (and on my Discord) if I get anywhere.