Author Topic: [IC] Synth Labs 060 - a Gasket-Mounted 60% keyboard (New Renders 06/01/2020)  (Read 36648 times)

Offline thestateofmay

Please consider HHKB PC.

Offline theside123

when gb start?

Offline GaNeBaL

any chance for diff plate materials or halfplates?
Obsessed with 60%

Offline Nostril

• aaron-hong.com
when gb start?

Haven't gotten that far yet, but there will be more details on it when I know. If you want to leave an email on the interest form, I'll let let everyone on there know the details once it's figured out.

any chance for diff plate materials or halfplates?

I've been leaning mostly toward just having the one option to keep costs lower. I'm open to releasing plate files after the GB though.

Offline productkun

Will we get renders with the new revision? :)

Offline Nostril

• aaron-hong.com
Will we get renders with the new revision? :)

I'll update the renders this weekend!   :thumb:

Offline Nostril

• aaron-hong.com
I placed orders from a new manufacturer and reordered the PCBs. The quoted lead time is 15 business days, so hopefully I'll receive the prototype by June 22nd.

On a side note, I'm looking into those polycarb options again, but no promises as of now.

Also added new renders to the original post.

Offline thestateofmay

Wait my bad it already comes with HHKB layout. Any chance it'll come iwith half plate and/or PC plate options?

Offline Nostril

• aaron-hong.com
Wait my bad it already comes with HHKB layout. Any chance it'll come iwith half plate and/or PC plate options?

I won't be ordering other plate layouts through the manufacturer, for the purposes of keeping prices lower for the GB. I'll release the plate files after GB though, but people will have to get these produced on their own. Stay tuned though, as I do have some ideas regarding this and I might have something to announce later.

Offline Glueeater

Polycarb renders look sick - hope it happens :)

Offline Maxferfra

This keyboard looks amazing!! how can I sign up for a spot in the group buy?

Offline zoo

Looks good! Feel like the backweight could use more fins, though.

Offline Nostril

• aaron-hong.com
This keyboard looks amazing!! how can I sign up for a spot in the group buy?

Working on more details at the moment - I have some more significant changes in the works. Feel free to fill out the interest check form on the original post, and you can leave an email to be notified about GB / availability details when that's finalized.

Offline santela

Wow, this is definitely one of the more interesting designs I've seen in a long while. Not even sure if this is for me, but I might jump on it just for how different it looks from all the other keyboards. Great work!

Offline Ptaty

Glad to see this project is coming along, I've been supporting it since the start! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing its culmination and hopefully purchasing one for myself!
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 June 2020, 15:13:07 by Ptaty »

Offline MadsMe

Glad to see this project is coming along, I've been supporting it since the start! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing its culmination and hopefully purchasing one for myself!

Echo!

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
Synth Labs....I was expecting pressure sensitive pads or a batch of faders or something "synth-esque". As it stands, even without my expectations this is a beaut. I'll be watching and hoping this correlates with my spending budget.

Offline n0rvig

I love the back, and the vertical usb port. This thing is bold. GL!

Offline HugEBear

i have fallen in love with this design...i want..no, i NEED it. a black and brass combo would be perfect! though i like how a black and dark nickle plate would look in my head also. cant wait for if/when this becomes a reality.

Offline FakeJesus