Author Topic: [IC] Synth Labs 060  (Read 63955 times)

Offline TjarleN

Re: [IC] Synth Labs 060
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 23:18:26 »
That are great news, I hope I can get one. This is probably the best looking board I am waiting for.

Good to hear that the finishes are great, does that mean the coating problems the other prototypes had are completely gone?
(Except for the fitting issue of course).

Offline Nostril

• Synth Labs guy
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 13:53:44 »
Do you think we could maybe get an estimate for the GB date? (please say after febuary.... There are just too many other things come out in the next month or so.. 2-3 key sets, and 2-3 keebs..

Sale date will be announced when we have prototypes that verify that all issues have been worked out. That being said, it probably will be after February - but we'll see. I'm more inclined to open it up sooner rather than later, if all else is equal.

That are great news, I hope I can get one. This is probably the best looking board I am waiting for.

Good to hear that the finishes are great, does that mean the coating problems the other prototypes had are completely gone?
(Except for the fitting issue of course).

In short - yes, we should be in the clear.

To clarify further - the previous prototypes were made by other manufacturers, before keebwerk's involvement. With the other previous manufacturers, surface finish generally proved to be a challenge for them. We aren't seeing any issues with surface finishes with the prototype from keebwerk's manufacturer though. Keebwerk is confident in the surface finish quality they can provide for the other finishes as well, based on keebwerk's previous works with the manu as well as some of keebwerk's other collaboration projects' prototypes, which should be a good sample of their capabilities. In the end, this will all be QC'd tightly by keebwerk.

Hopefully, once the adjusted brass pieces are remanufactured and we get the prototype assembled, I'll be able to show detailed pictures when I have it in hand.
"Synth 060"

Offline Havattack

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 14:38:41 »
Thanks for taking the time to respond, it is very much appreciated. The holidays were bottomless pit for my cash, but i should be fine by the middle of Feb.

(Cerakote is a really thin coating if memory serves, just fyi I geuss..)

And i just read the inspiration for this... If you do another keeb, you should think about combining some audio stuff into a keyboard. I've been throwing my vaccum tube amp/DAC keyboard idea at everyone.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 January 2021, 22:51:28 by Havattack »