Author Topic: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CLOSED]  (Read 92170 times)

Offline pcire

Re: [GB] HEAVY METAL KEYBOARDS [CLOSED]
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 11:02:22 »
I don't know why the customers have to be the ones to post the updates on the GB thread, but here it is:

Thanks for the update!

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #401 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 11:28:47 »
I don't know why the customers have to be the ones to post the updates on the GB thread, but here it is:

You should know very well that it is not your business posting updates.

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 13:56:22 »

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

(I'm not the person who originally posted that response, but I wholeheartedly endorse it here. People in GB have an expectation that a product will be produced in a manner and timeframe as described by the runner. Any changes should be communicated in a timely and transparent manner. Most people are reasonable, and we all know 2020 has been a year of adjusted expectations. That said, it does not eliminate the need for ongoing communications because most people don't feel like throwing ¥/£/€/$ out the window.)
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:17:56 by azzipa »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:08:12 »

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Completely warranted to be honest. People have been getting in his face for months now, totally understandable that he'd be defensive when someone making him to be a ****head by posting the updated he'd just posted on discord.

If you want to be nice to the participants and want to post something like that before waiting for the OP to do so himself (which is kinda weird to begin with, especially when it had just happened), at least omit the bit where you are disrespectful and condescending.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:29:13 »

Eh... wtf? Seriously...

Definitely uncalled for.

Completely warranted to be honest. People have been getting in his face for months now, totally understandable that he'd be defensive when someone making him to be a ****head by posting the updated he'd just posted on discord.

If you want to be nice to the participants and want to post something like that before waiting for the OP to do so himself (which is kinda weird to begin with, especially when it had just happened), at least omit the bit where you are disrespectful and condescending.

The update on Discord was posted 1h before I posted it on the thread. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to copy some text and paste it here, so why wasn't it posted?

I wonder how much longer the GB runner would have waited if it wasn't for my comment, because most of the other updates were either late, not posted at all, or posted by a customer.

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 14:32:57 »
And you should know very well to cross post information to all mediums that you use. It takes less than a minute to open up forums and copy paste the same message from Discord.

Btw, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106072.msg2937238#msg2937238.

Offline bliss

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:02:56 »
It's not a matter of who posted what where and when, it's about disrespectful tone.

I'm here for keyboards, and you?

Offline perry4761

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:07:10 »
Thank you for the update, plastik! Looking forward to receiving my HMKB :)
Mechs are not a hobby, they're a god damn addiction.

Offline ponchofreedo

• personal
« Reply #408 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 15:27:53 »
it's the OP's thread and groupbuy...why not just let the OP post their own updates? that response was totally warranted.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 16:36:56 »
The update on Discord was posted 1h before I posted it on the thread. It literally takes less than 30 seconds to copy some text and paste it here, so why wasn't it posted?

Do you truly think one hour is a long time? Maybe he wanted to post something slightly different on here, maybe he had something come up, who are you to make up random conjectures regarding why it was not instantly copy pasted just because that's what you would have done?

I wonder how much longer the GB runner would have waited if it wasn't for my comment, because most of the other updates were either late, not posted at all, or posted by a customer.

That's a great question. I guess we'll never find out because you kindly reposted a screenshot of what was said on discord an hour after it was released.

Maybe we can find out next update.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 01 December 2020, 17:32:28 »

Do you truly think one hour is a long time? Maybe he wanted to post something slightly different on here, maybe he had something come up, who are you to make up random conjectures regarding why it was not instantly copy pasted just because that's what you would have done?

That's a great question. I guess we'll never find out because you kindly reposted a screenshot of what was said on discord an hour after it was released.

Maybe we can find out next update.

And yet, he posted basically the same thing.

We already found this out with a previous update that was posted on discord on September 9th, and had to be posted on GH by a user on Septermber 13th: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106072.msg2957302#msg2957302

Honestly, some of you need to start being less cucky toward GB runners and stand up for yourselves as customers. If nobody had started complaining, this GB would be in the same situation it was in 2 months ago.

And this is my last post in this thread as I don't want my order to be cancelled.

Offline Rilow

« Reply #411 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 03:28:31 »
Who do I contact regarding shipping address change?

« Reply #412 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 03:57:41 »

Don't bother right now.
You might move once again before actual shipping for what I know.

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 04:59:01 »
Don't remember where this was mentioned, but plastik said he would do address changes all in one go once units are closer to being sent.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 16:26:36 »
Got my refund so I'm just happy the money can go towards something else since 2x of the boards I ordered were intended as Christmas presents which I obviously won't be happening now.

Even if not for that time frame, going from "production won't take more than a couple weeks" and saying silence = everything is ok to "i can confidently say Q4" and blaming the amount of time spent on discord for the delays to "its coming in 9 more weeks and i won't be humouring any more questions until then" would have me wanting to salvage any money I can from this mess. If you think the level of "hostility" is unwarranted, look to the attitude displayed towards someone sharing an update and it doesn't take much imagination to get a sense of the attitude towards the group buy participants in general. I was still skeptical but at least thankful for some kind of update until seeing the continued hostile attitude towards customers and decided that's enough for me. Even the refund email was kinda obnoxious and self righteous but hey, but at the end of the day at least the refund happened. So that's the last I'll be saying in this thread.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 December 2020, 16:28:36 by nathanchere »

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:09:30 »
I hope plastik wakes up from ****ty behaviour. He lied about cases in production in earlier updates and keeps on changing deadlines. People are fine with delays but there has got to be transparency. Delays without any real communication will always end up in KKINGKKONG situation. I hope this does not end up that way. Plastik is quick to compare delays to other GB's but never compares his poor communications to other GB's. People can tell if you are not interested in sharing updates. I wish him all the best

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 13:39:23 »
Allegations:

1. lying about case production
2. changing deadlines
3. no transparency/communication

Answers:

1. Untrue. The first update in which I announced that the cases are in production was in the last update. In an earlier update, I announced that PCB production had started. You maybe confuse something with production of pre production units or earlier prototypes.

2. Untrue. I have never ever set any deadline. I have only given estimates.

3. IMO, I had shared quite detailed what caused the delay. I had also detailed why I chose to limit further insights going forward.

Would you please show me some proof that you are actually a part of this group buy? Thanks.

Offline bliss

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 14:36:40 »

Offline Hugs94

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 17:42:59 »
If Plastikschnittstelle ever makes it out of this mess - I'd love to review the board. But only once people start getting theirs

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #419 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 18:23:58 »
If Plastikschnittstelle ever makes it out of this mess - I'd love to review the board. But only once people start getting theirs
ooo hell yea bro, would love to see a lit review on ur channel! could u link it for me? im boutta hit that sub button and drop a fat BELL CLICK on your ish if u kno what i mean haha bro yea keep it up keep hustlin' u gon' make it big bro

Tented Iris ||| idb60 ||| Jer Mini ||| P3d Prime-E ||| Tex Shinobi ||| P3d Phoenix45

Offline honoka

« Reply #420 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 01:27:55 »
this community has lost all of it's patience and is has become a bunch of entitled cry babies.
this is not a company that you have placed and order with. it's a one person thing so stuff can get overwhelming, especially at these volumes.
i'm all for keeping gb runners accountable, but my dudes, this isn't it. nothing has gone south except for the time plan. it's a group buy, it happens.
i'm pretty sure that you could sell your spots at anytime if you fear for your money being lost. and i'm also sure you could cancel your order if you asked nicely.

please don't start up a discussion with me if you feel targeted, just chill and stop spreading negativity and we will all be fine.

Offline Liub

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 02:07:17 »

Are you asking for a free board? Lol. You can review it when the extras come out, and that is after the GB participants get theirs lol.

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 04 December 2020, 13:45:16 »
Well, I have also joined the refund ranks. Like it has been said many times before, the problem has not been fully the delays and waiting. And besides, ease of manufacturing and the aggressive Q3 estimate was one of the primary selling points for a lot of people. Like others have said, the issue was saying that silence = no problems, only to be told on the month the boards were projected to be shipped that production hadn't even started. This was accompanied by a new Q4 'estimate', in order to be 'sure it would be delivered on time'.

2 more months passed, only for it to be announced that the status had not changed and that production hadn't even started. The main obstacle was still the same: plastik didn’t know how to store the keyboards. I understand that the logistics of running a GB are incredibly complicated, but something like this should have been thought out before the GB was run, or at least in the beginning stages post-payments. Not 2 months after boards were expected to be shipped. We all know that this year has been a **** show, and if plastik cited delays due to corona nobody would bat an eye. But, he explicitly stated that this had nothing to do with covid.

As far as the participants were concerned, until the most recent December update the expected shipping was still supposed to be Q4. Of course, most of us saw that this was totally unrealistic. Unsurprisingly, the boards are now expected to be produced by February. With QC and packaging, who knows when they will eventually be shipped - most likely not before April 2021. I have been confused by these aggressive timelines that plastik has set for himself. First 4 months for Q3 and then 3 months for Q4. Surely with his previous GB (which lasted around a year), he must have known that these were not tenable. Many of us have explained that, yes, the delays suck but are understandable. What is frustrating are unrealistically aggressive timelines, with communication gaps, only to be told right before the 'deadline' that no progress has been made and that there will be further delays. This is the process which many have said eroded participant's trust. If in the first delay update  he had said that he simply didn't know when boards would be shipped, or even said Q2 2021, most of us would probably understand and be okay with it.

Many people have justifiably complained, and some have done it overtly destructive and negative ways. But instead of recognizing how participants have felt throughout this process, plastik doubled down and increasingly reacted with his own hostility.  This included cancelling somebody's order, not being straight-forward about the reasons, and pretending that he would fix the 'mistake'. Only to never do so. I understand where his reaction comes from, but there were many other ways of going about this in a less passive-aggressive manner. Subsequent actions and updates have shown a lack of reflexivity and absolving of guilt on plastik's part. There is a shifting of blame onto participants, without acknowledging how he has contributed to the current dynamic.

Amidst all of this I am grateful to have been given a refund, which is not something Plastik needed to grant. It also seems that there are many participants that are quite happy with how things are progressing. I personally am happy to cut my losses and move on to other pastures. It does seem that with production starting at least there is movement, and there is now a new phase with this  GB. I hope plastik's new tactic of minimized updates works out for him, and wish everybody well in the rest of this GB.

Offline lush_bunny

• CLACK CLACK M**********R
« Reply #423 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 03:15:48 »
nothing has gone south except for the time plan. it's a group buy, it happens.

To play devil's advocate, the time frame, supported by how easy production is supposed to be (folding a couple of cut steel sheets), was considered one of the prime selling points of the group buy.