Author Topic: [IC] JTK Tripleshot Griseann and Royal Alpha (November 13 - December 4)  (Read 68820 times)

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: [IC] JTK Tripleshot Griseann and Royal Alpha
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 12:53:30 »
Minor update (I guess)

In order for JTK to feel comfortable running the set, it will require larger appeal of the Asia market. This will require some changes to be made.

These things include:
Green modifiers for Royal Alpha (and do away with the classic white modifiers)
No additional add-on kits outside of novelties and space bars (2 base kits, space bars, and novelties only)
Creation of a novelties kit (if anyone has some suggestions, feel free to suggestion them. So far I have: 4 leaf clover, pot of gold, Celtic knots, "I'm Lucky" enter key novelty)

Progress for this is slow but this project is not dead.

So no chance at white mods as an extra kit? That's disappointing.

What about a typewriter novelty for Royal Alpha?

Offline wencan008

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 14:43:21 »
Minor update (I guess)

In order for JTK to feel comfortable running the set, it will require larger appeal of the Asia market. This will require some changes to be made.

These things include:
No additional add-on kits outside of novelties and space bars (2 base kits, space bars, and novelties only)
Creation of a novelties kit (if anyone has some suggestions, feel free to suggestion them. So far I have: 4 leaf clover, pot of gold, Celtic knots, "I'm Lucky" enter key novelty)

No white modifiers for Royal Alpha is disappointing, would have gotten both Griseann and Royal Alpha but I guess it's just Griseann now. Would an interest check on the new Royal Alpha provide enough of a reason to convince JTK to add a white modifier extra kit?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 15:01:50 »
Minor update (I guess)

These things include:

Thanks for the update, Hoodrow. Any news on new molds for some of the legends ( 1.5u Backspace etc.)? Have JTK definitively agreed to do it?

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 17:03:02 »
Same for me, I wouldn't get Royal Alpha if it only has the green mods. If the white mods (or the green mods) were available as a kit, then that would make the set more accessible to everyone.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 17:08:52 »
seems like im in the minority for enjoying the green royal alpha mods. oh well, even better for me i guess

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 19:07:40 »
seems like im in the minority for enjoying the green royal alpha mods. oh well, even better for me i guess
I’m the same. Zero interest in the other mods so I’m fine with the decision.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 19:37:23 »
most people bought into RA for the green mods anyway so that's a fine change
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 20:14:37 »
Oh well, sad about the loss of white mods. I really only dog this / RA with white mods, so I hope they make it into a child kit.

Offline wil

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 21:21:00 »
bummed out hearing the white modifiers are going away. doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 05:11:54 »
Minor update (I guess)

These things include:

Such a shame. I was planning on getting Green mods with Griseann. Ah well.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline myflowsocold

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 16:40:31 »
absolutely in - can't wait for the grisean base  ;D
Nunu | Lyn Whale R2 | Bauer | Satisfaction75 | WKL Polaris | TGR x Singa Unikorn

Offline NRbigfoot

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 16:56:59 »
Wish royal alpha was still coming with the white mods, but I'll be in for griseann still
HBCP | FLX Virgo | aanzee | Mira SE | Leaf 80 | HHKB pro 1 | qxp | Rukia | IDB60 | equinox | No1Rev1 | Whale | Montage | 268.2 | Anniversary Whale | Jer80 | Evolv

Offline Uryftw

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 08:38:17 »
I am in. That griseann base kit is just way too sexy. Grabbing it 100%

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 11:40:44 »
Sorry this is taking so long but right now I'm in the process of novelties being designed.

Here are the next steps before I want to update the IC:
1) Novelties design shown to JTK, zF and Novelkeys for feedback
2) Get new renders done as well as create new IC form to ask some questions about proposed kits (2 base kits all inclusive with space bars, novelties, etc. OR 2 base kits, 2 space bar kits, 2 novelties set, OR 2 base kits, 1 space bar kit, 1 novelties set)
3) Once kitting is finalized, receive quotes (I've been told that it will likely be more expensive than your typical JTK set since all new molds)
4) Set a date and move into GB

There has been some major breakthroughs in this project but none that I want to share as of yet.

In response to some new keys, JTK would like to create some "normal" keys, like the arrow HHKB backspace (vs the current one they have now) and some others.

I would love to offer white mods or do what is originally shown in the IC but it would not be feasible. JTK and zF both want to ensure that the final kitting appeals to the Chinese market, who is a large market for JTK. (Don't take this the wrong way, thinking I don't want to appeal to the US market, but I need to find the middle ground for both markets).

Please bare with me because this project was way more of an undertaking than I was expecting, but I'm excited to share the final results and hope to make y'all happy as well.

Thank you.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 12:06:56 »
Appreciate the update.

Offline huey

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 12:16:38 »
Glad to hear an update, do keep us posted :)

"like the arrow HHKB backspace (vs the current one they have now)"
Does this mean they're finally getting rid of the horrid xbox backspace?

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 12:18:22 »

I have the Xbox backspace on my jtk toxic, I feel personally attacked.

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 12:24:56 »

Yes we can make the x box go away but the original RA typewriter used the x box.
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline soilheart

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 13:01:53 »
How did I miss this? As an actual US Intl. user (there is dozen of us, dozen!) I would love to buy this, especially the Griseann version.

Some comments though (which I also made donut aware of on his PBT version) that would be awesome if they were to be fixed. In order of "importance" (to me =P). Mostly based on https://dry.sailingissues.com/keyboard-US-International.png (which is how Linux/Ubuntu does US Intl. IIRC):

1. 1.5u key over ANSI enter shouldn't have a backspace symbol as sublegend but ¬ and ¦. I would understand this change if there wasn't a 1.5u backspace and you wanted to save a key, but as there is one already in the set I don't see the meaning of deviating from the real layout for the non-backspace version.
2. The sublegends on numrow is somewhat weird... 2, 3 and - has their single sublegends up on top (even though they don't need shift to activate), while the rest with single sublegends have them at the bottom as expected.
3. I personally love an R3 1u ISO version of the 1.5u... i.e. an R3 1u \|¬¦ (instead of the current mix of UK ISO and US ANSI layout). Note: The ISO R4 key is perfect, no need to change that one ;)
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline tomu

• hi
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 02:58:22 »
Those renders are looking good!

I love Griseann but having owned JTK in the past, I'm not too confident in JTK's legends and font. Hoping this round will change my mind.
G80-3700 | HHKB Pro 2

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 04:32:20 »
Wow! Should try something new out. And a really nice touch to the classic BoW and WoB! Good luck!

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 19:29:41 »

Yes we can make the x box go away but the original RA typewriter used the x box.

I like the x-box for the nostalgia factor. Had it not been for the removal of the white modifiers for Royal Alpha, I would have gotten that and used a green (hhkb) backspace, like the original had. I'm in for Griseann though.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 14:35:11 »
Just learned about this and filled out the form before learning that the white mods will go away :(

Offline Topernicus

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 13:54:37 »
Minor update (I guess)

These things include:

That is unfortunate about the white modifiers.
I was going to be in for a set of Griseann and a set of Royal Alpha with white mods, and I already own two sets of GMK Royal Alpha with one of each mod color.

I was planning on doing this:

But if the white modifiers for Royal Alpha aren't going to be available, then I don't think I'll be in at all.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 23:36:31 »
Very interested in this set, very similar in terms of the Donutcat Royal Alpha key cap set I just bought, but I'm willing to get a hold of a few kits from this too! Mainly because I like green atm, lol.

Offline justinm

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 03:18:24 »
very epico

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 21:48:38 »
Interested

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 16:51:21 »
this is cool good luck

Offline tempo

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 00:06:22 »
These look great

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 21:19:57 »
I am super anxious for this set to be released, any updates? :D

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 14:45:21 »
I am super anxious for this set to be released, any updates? :D

Same here, count me in for 2-3 kits  ;D

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: [IC] JTK Tripleshot Griseann and Royal Alpha (New Kitting)
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:01:42 »
Update for today:

New kitting posted
Header image is outdated (will try to get an updated render for it since original Royal Alphas is no longer available)
New quotes incoming

Sorry this one is taking a long time, it set requires a lot of assistance from JTK, zF, and Novelkeys to make this dream come true for me.

Offline jouz

• bemeier.com
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:28:02 »
Thanks for the update, love the spacebar kits!

Btw, are the bottom two rows same profile (i.e. R4 R4) or different profile (R4 R5)?
(might be obvious but I'm not familiar with JTK)

Also, is there still any chance for a 1.75u Control key (i.e. with "Control" in the primary legend, like the bottom row one)?
Since you're already adding the HHKB backspace, I thought it would make sense to also get a proper HHKB control key :)
(but I could live without it, as the current kit at least has "Control" in the secondary legend)

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 08:41:59 by jouz »

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:41:28 »
Update for today:

New kitting posted
Header image is outdated (will try to get an updated render for it since original Royal Alphas is no longer available)
New quotes incoming

Sorry this one is taking a long time, it set requires a lot of assistance from JTK, zF, and Novelkeys to make this dream come true for me.

- Pipe key in Royal Alpha base set should have the right legends in light green, not dark

Both sets:
- :eek: Top right symbol in += key should be ÷ instead of +
- ², ³ and ¥ in their respective 2@, 3# and -_ keys should be in bottom right, not top right  (those were also wrong in the GMK version)
- 5% is missing € symbol in bottom right  (in GMK version it was in top right, this JTK version doesn't have the symbol).
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:58:00 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline soilheart

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 11:33:31 »
Update for today:

New kitting posted
New quotes incoming

- Pipe key in Royal Alpha base set should have the right legends in light green, not dark

Both sets:
- ², ³ and ¥ in their respective 2@, 3# and -_ keys should be in bottom right, not top right  (those were also wrong in the GMK version)
- 5% is missing € symbol in bottom right  (in GMK version it was in top right, this JTK version doesn't have the symbol).

I pointed out a few of these a while ago but didn't get any reply, I think. Anyhow for completeness, the «» sublegends on the [] keys are also in the wrong spot for what it matters.
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 14:06:51 »
Update for today:

New kitting posted
New quotes incoming

Both sets:

I pointed out a few of these a while ago but didn't get any reply, I think. Anyhow for completeness, the «» sublegends on the [] keys are also in the wrong spot for what it matters.

Å on the W key has a dot over it instead of a circle. I pointed this out earlier but I also don't think I received a reply for that. If new renders aren't made for the GB then I won't know if this will be corrected in the physical product unless it is confirmed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 August 2020, 14:08:34 by Zurg Eon »

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 06:53:04 »
Keen to see the prices on these!

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 09:40:41 »
Update for today:

New kitting posted
New quotes incoming

Both sets:

Update for today:

New kitting posted
New quotes incoming

Both sets:

Update for today:

New kitting posted
New quotes incoming

Both sets:

Å on the W key has a dot over it instead of a circle. I pointed this out earlier but I also don't think I received a reply for that. If new renders aren't made for the GB then I won't know if this will be corrected in the physical product unless it is confirmed.

Let me look over all of these and get it changed.

Work has been a bit of a **** show.

In response to pipe key, I presume you mean this one
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2020, 09:45:14 by HoodrowThrillson »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 09:43:35 »
Thanks for the update, love the spacebar kits!

Btw, are the bottom two rows same profile (i.e. R4 R4) or different profile (R4 R5)?
(might be obvious but I'm not familiar with JTK)

Also, is there still any chance for a 1.75u Control key (i.e. with "Control" in the primary legend, like the bottom row one)?
Since you're already adding the HHKB backspace, I thought it would make sense to also get a proper HHKB control key :)
(but I could live without it, as the current kit at least has "Control" in the secondary legend)

Thanks again!
I opted to not have the HHKB control because the sublegend already exists

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 10:00:19 »
The + to ÷ change for the sublegend is going to get made for sure.
5% is missing € symbol is going to get made for sure.

Placement of sublegends and the differences between GMK and the correctness of it, this is something I'll need to think about a little bit more.
A part of me says to follow what was done before me, but another part is telling me that since these are new molds I might as well make it right.

Please give me the weekend to think this over.

Offline soilheart

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 14:54:33 »
The + to ÷ change for the sublegend is going to get made for sure.
5% is missing € symbol is going to get made for sure.

Placement of sublegends and the differences between GMK and the correctness of it, this is something I'll need to think about a little bit more.
A part of me says to follow what was done before me, but another part is telling me that since these are new molds I might as well make it right.

Please give me the weekend to think this over.

I totally understand wanting to keep the GMK Royal Alpha legends intact as that's what some people expect.

I also have to be admit, to completely honest, my interest in this set as is (i.e. more or less copy of the GMK Royal Alpha) has kind of cooled down, as I got donutcat's enjoyPBT version, which is close enough to real US Intl. to me*.

With that said, if the sub-legends would be corrected (after all, the TA sublegends has some wierd decisions, such as keeping ²³ as "superlegends" while ¼½¾ is "sublegends"... both being accessed just by Alt Gr.), I would probably buy a kit or both, both as I would love correct US Intl. legends, and to support the effort/getting the "correct" US Intl. molds done =P I understand that I'm probably the minority here though, so I totally understand if you keep the set as it its (after fixing the most obvious errors, such as +÷ etc.)

*After he added a R2 1.5u \|¬¦ key and an ISO R2 1u with the same legends, (see https://i.imgur.com/ziiFHDg.png).
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 August 2020, 15:06:15 by soilheart »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 21 August 2020, 17:00:31 »
New kits look great. Although you can get rid of 1.75u space in all of your spacebar kits since the set doesn't have any 40s support (1.75u space is only used on 40s boards).

Is there any chance of getting “Print”, “Scroll”, “Num” legend molds made for this set? Also “⭠” for the 1.5u Backspace. I believe you've said that JTK would be open to doing this. And sorry if you've already answered this somewhere.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 01:42:27 »
Do we have a target GB date?  :)

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 02:03:57 »
every time I see this thread I always think it says grosjean. Hopefully this set doesn't crash like he does lol

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 22 August 2020, 16:31:52 »
every time I see this thread I always think it says grosjean. Hopefully this set doesn't crash like he does lol
If it does - it was Ericssons fault!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 23 August 2020, 16:34:58 »
I'm in for both of these! Royal Alpha is a GOAT set

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 06:49:20 »
New renders in queue for the fixes.

This weekend I spent a good deal of time reflecting on what I wanted this set to look like and it really boiled down to me wanting GMK Griseann but never being able to get it.
With that being said, I understand that the sublegends aren't 100% accurate (and I hate to do this) but it's more aesthetic. I really hate having to use the aesthetic defense as a means of getting what I want. Everyone's concerns are valid and I understand them.

New renders will show the ÷, will fix the sublegend color issue on that one key, and the 5 will have the euro sign on it.

After these changes, I don't expect any more since we're ready to move this into GB. The overarching reason why some changes didn't happen (addition of keys, addition of more tripleshot keys like the EU ones, etc.) is going to be the cost. New molds are very very very expensive and the cost of these are going to be trickled down to y'all. We'll try to make prices competitive but there's only so much I can do on my end to make it the same price as typical JTK sets.

Thank you all.

Offline gilbert

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 07:12:30 »
Love this!
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 09:32:17 »
Please make a supporting banner for your GB.

Offline Eigencat

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 24 August 2020, 11:12:29 »
So excited for this!