Author Topic: Just wanted you all to know...  (Read 23737 times)

Offline Voixdelion

Just wanted you all to know...
« on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 10:22:11 »
I love you guys!  

I have not come across a place where I felt more immediately at home and enjoyed as much as geekhack.  Its odd and eclectic and wonderful and even grammatically correct more often than not.   I knew immediately after reading a few posts that I would register and I believe this place is my most prolific haunt besides p2pnet.net and in such a short time.   I have found the people here to be delightfully intelligent, kind, quirky and witty and wise (yes, webwit too!  Hmm, you think I could get him to come back if I did the topless keyboard thing?) There is a feeling of kindred spirit here that seems to extend beyond the obsession with switches and geekdom et al, evidenced by the fact that some of the most obscure references are familiar to me.  Its weird.

AND I LIKE IT!

and I really do have to go now if I am to have any chance of paying bob and spolia today!  

Cheers!
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav

Offline chimera15

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 10:31:10 »
Model the keyboard bra for us. lol  Maybe that'll bring Webwit back. lol
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
white fake simplified:   1x white smk-85, 1x Steampunk compact board hack
white real simplified: 1x unitek k-258
low profile: 1x mint m1242 in box
black: ultra mini wrist keyboard hack
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch
rainbow test boards:  mck-84sx

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 10:35:30 »
jeez voix, yea it can be a nice corner of the net to hang out in sometimes but you havent yet tangled with the nasties. Give it time, you've only been here since april ;)

and oh yea, you should dump your boyfriend :)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 11:59:13 »
(besides, i'm not sure how "wise" we are when our most helpful suggestion was to dance naked while balancing a keyboard on your head ;)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 12:01:22 »
Most of the nasties I can handle ok, provided I am in proper frame of mind.  I only really get upset when those close to me act nasty.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 13:44:47 »
Quote from: Voixdelion;200732
I only really get upset when those close to me act nasty.

so are you going to dump him? Go for a fresh start? You know its far worse to be in a bad relationship than to be alone. At least if you're single you have possibilities and hopes - you have neither of those when you're stuck to a loser who oppresses you every day.

Offline erricrice

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 14:32:59 »
Quote from: wellington1869;200756
so are you going to dump him? Go for a fresh start? You know its far worse to be in a bad relationship than to be alone. At least if you're single you have possibilities and hopes - you have neither of those when you're stuck to a loser who oppresses you every day.

Yeah I've got to second that with all my heart.  Bad people will cause bad things, even when you think they've made a change they often haven't.  Especially if they haven't made a change you shouldn't be giving them any headroom.

And having the freedom to see whoever you want is really a lot more fun that knowing you have someone who is just going to piss you off...get rid of him!
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Maņana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 14:36:09 »
Dump the cowboy and ride a Stallion.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 14:55:54 »
Quote from: itlnstln;200767
Dump the cowboy and ride a Stallion.

lol!

lose the lazy freak and date a keyboard geek

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 15:15:03 »
Quote from: erricrice;200765
Bad people will cause bad things, even when you think they've made a change they often haven't.  Especially if they haven't made a change you shouldn't be giving them any headroom.

in my experience is virtually impossible to change people. Like others I've wasted so much time trying, but its really an illusion. If they dont respond right away you need to take the loss and move on to the next trade. You dont want to sink 10 years into a bad foundation. He's not going to change and you're not a social worker.

I had a friend who was struggling with a bad relationship and she kept saying "but he has so much potential!". And my other friend said, girl, if its potential you want, date a convict in prison.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 17:23:29 »
Personal experience suggests that telling women to dump their ******* boyfriends is sound advice that is almost always ignored...

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 18:06:51 »
And here I was expecting an Airplane! reference.
Current collection: HHKB Pro 2 black on black, HHKB Pro 2 white/grey blank, [strike]Dell AT101W[/strike] (sold to SirClickAlot), 1992 Model M, Key Tronic Ergoforce KT 2001, BTC 5100 C. Dead boards: MS Natural Elite, MS Natural 4000.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 18:09:24 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses;200825

she's counting on us alright ;)

Offline erricrice

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 18:47:57 »
Quote from: ch_123;200808
Personal experience suggests that telling women to dump their ******* boyfriends is sound advice that is almost always ignored...

...and then looked back upon later as good advice that they should have taken...

in my experience anyway
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Maņana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 19:03:45 »
Actually, this was the point where you have to endure weeks of "OMG HE WAS SUCH A BASTARD I NEVER WANT TO HEAR HIS NAME EVER AGAIN I HAD NO IDEA HE WAS SUCH A ****HEAD"

I have a sort of 'gay best friend' relationship with a lot of my female friends. It has its ups and downs...

Offline gr1m

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 08 July 2010, 19:09:35 »
Dumb quote of the day:

Women think men are sexists because they only date the *******s.

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 01:48:31 »
Quote from: Voixdelion;200695
I have not come across a place where I felt more immediately at home and enjoyed as much as geekhack.  Its odd and eclectic and wonderful and even grammatically correct more often than not.
I felt the same way when I joined up about a year ago and I have to say that I was expecting to stick around, but for some of the reasons you brought up, the fit felt right. It's not too large and not too small. It's not too young and not just full of jaded oldies. There's a good mix of three things you don't often see together: IQ, fun, and sanity. Finally, it seems that a lot of people here really do care even as cantankerous as a lot of us can be (not all on the same days thankfully).

The more grammatically correct part than usual is more than an added bonus. There's nothing that gets older faster than a board full of people who write everything in shorthand like they're texting or in a chat room.

I've been parts of various online communities starting in the mid 80's. I've had a lot of online homes, but the Facebooks and MySpaces of the world took over, but those services just don't suit me well. Until I ran into GeekHack a year ago, I was without a place to hang my hat for the longest time since I got started.

iMav, thanks and to Ripster and everyone who spends a lot of time looking after this place in their own way, thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 July 2010, 01:54:37 by hyperlinked »
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Domes: Matias Optimizer, Kensington ComfortType, Microsoft Internet Keyboard
Scissors: Apple Full Sized Aluminum
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Displays: Apple Cinema Display 30", Apple Cinema Display 23"
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 02:25:13 »

My personal experience agrees with you, but with an exception. I think it's a lot easier for women to be honest with each other about who to dump. Some Women (Well, American Women at least) do this all the time and a new guy has to pass the review of the girlfriends panel of experts... not that the budding relationship comes to a quick end if the girlfriends don't like him, but they might help limit the damage.

When I've been faced with having to give this kind of feedback in the past with my female friends, I'd never be completely blunt until I felt pretty sure they were finally ready to hear it and willing to accept it and I don't know anyone who's willing to accept such a personal decision unless they feel like they've come to the conclusion herself or himself.

So for that reason, I find that it's more constructive to be supportive, but plant a seed of insight that may eventually contribute to an epiphany or give you something to build on the next time you need to have that discussion.
-

Topre: Realforce 103U Cherry: Filco Majestouch 104 (Brown), Ione Scorpius M10 (Blue)
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M1391401 ALPS: Apple Extended Keyboard II (Cream), ABS M1 (Fukka/Black), MicroConnectors Flavored USB (Black)
Pointy Stuff: Razer Imperator, Razer Copperhead, DT225 Trackball, Apple Magic Mouse, Logitech MX1000, Apple Mighty Mouse
Systems: MacPro, MacBook Pro, ASUS eeePC netbook, Dell D600 laptop, a small cluster of Linux Web servers
Ergo Devices: Zody Chair, Nightingale CXO, Somaform, Theraball, 3M AKT180LE Keyboard Tray

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 02:41:40 »
Quote from: ch_123;200842
I have a sort of 'gay best friend' relationship with a lot of my female friends. It has its ups and downs...

Wow, that explains so much already.
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline chimera15

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 05:04:57 »
It's probably just a geek best friend, same thing. Women like to keep geeks around to do crap for them, like fix their macs, then sleep with and date asshats.
Alps boards:
white real complicated: 1x modified siiig minitouch kb1903,  hhkb light2 english steampunk hack, wireless siig minitouch hack
white with rubber damper(cream)+clicky springs: 2x modified siig minitouch kb1903 1x modified siig minitouch kb1948
blue: Japanese hhk2 lite hack, 1x siig minitouch pcb/doubleshot dc-2014 caps. kb1903, 1x modified kb1948 Siig minitouch

Offline EverythingIBM

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 05:12:27 »
Quote from: chimera15;200932
It's probably just a geek best friend, same thing. Women like to keep geeks around to do crap for them, like fix their macs, then sleep with and date asshats.

Ahhh, so ch_123 essentially is being used to fix girls' macs while kishy does the sleeping. It all makes sense now...
Keyboards: '86 M, M5-2, M13, SSK, F AT, F XT

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 05:13:17 »
So.... this thread has somehow ended up turning into a group cry for the men. HTF did that happen? Guys... not the place to do the "women suck" thing.
-

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 05:40:48 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;200934
Ahhh, so ch_123 essentially is being used to fix girls' macs while kishy does the sleeping. It all makes sense now...

Most of the girls I know are smart enough to fix their own computers. Yes, there are girls who know how to use computers, amazingly enough.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 05:43:27 »

Actually, most of the girls I know are smart enough to fix their own computers. I'm not nearly stupid enough to get used like that.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 07:07:32 »
Quote from: Superfluous Parentheses;200825

Not sure if this is the one you were looking for, but it sure is my favorite:

hl=en_US&fs=1">
hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
[/youtube]

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 08:04:32 »
Quote from: hyperlinked;200935
So.... this thread has somehow ended up turning into a group cry for the men. HTF did that happen? Guys... not the place to do the "women suck" thing.

BWahahahaa!  LOL!

See?  It's GREAT here!  I think it's ****in' PERFECT! :peace:

Originally Posted by chimera15                             
             It's probably just a geek best  friend, same thing. Women like to keep geeks around to do crap for them,  like fix their macs, then sleep with and date asshats.

Fix their...MACs?  Who fixes MACs?
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 July 2010, 08:09:00 by Voixdelion »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 08:57:03 »
Quote from: gr1m;200847
Dumb quote of the day:

Women think men are sexists because they only date the *******s.

My dumb quote of the day:

"It's change we can believe in!"
-Barack Obama
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 09:00:55 »
Actually, that is a horrible quote. I don't even know what it refers to, but it sounds completely condescending and hollow. He needs better scriptwriters.

Offline gr1m

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 09:22:20 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;200961
My dumb quote of the day:

"It's change we can believe in!"
-Barack Obama

You're hopeless aren't you.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 10:34:51 »
Women like to keep geeks around to do crap for them, like fix their macs, then sleep with and date asshats.

lol, QFT

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 10:36:55 »
this is the one the thread title reminded me of:

hl=en_US&fs=1">
hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">[/youtube]

Offline chimera15

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 12:16:18 »
Quote from: Voixdelion;200949
BWahahahaa!  LOL!

See?  It's GREAT here!  I think it's ****in' PERFECT! :peace:

Originally Posted by chimera15                
Show Image

It's probably just a geek best  friend, same thing. Women like to keep geeks around to do crap for them,  like fix their macs, then sleep with and date asshats.

Fix their...MACs?  Who fixes MACs?

You know, like "How do you turn this on?" Or, " this stupid thing doesn't do what I think it should" when it's perfectly fine.

I had one girl_friend who locked herself out of her own computer and couldn't remember her own password.  I had to crack the windows installation for her. lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 July 2010, 12:25:38 by chimera15 »
Alps boards:

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 12:52:41 »
Quote from: chimera15;201012
You know, like "How do you turn this on?" Or, " this stupid thing doesn't do what I think it should" when it's perfectly fine.

I had one girl_friend who locked herself out of her own computer and couldn't remember her own password.  I had to crack the windows installation for her. lol

fixing macs - problem isnt a shortage of need for that, problem is finding qualified people to do it.  We have tons of mac users when we hire techs, but we have very few applicants who actually know how to fix macs. This isnt because macs dont break down -- the number of service calls we get from faculty with non-functional macs proves that; we can barely keep up with the demand for mac service calls -- rather, its because mac users generally are not tinkerers the way pc users are (because macs are not as amenable to tinkering, and mac ethos actively discourages tinkering) and whenever they had a problem they dropped it off at the mac store, paid hundreds of bucks, and magically got back a fixed mac.

As a result mac users we've seen rarely know how to actually fix their own machines, and we have a hell of a time hiring qualified mac techs. No problem finding enthusiastic mac users -- really hard time finding mac users who know how their systems actually work.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 12:57:45 »
As a Unix system, I'm sure that OS X is probably more tinerk-able than Windows is. I guess the issue is that tinkering with Unix requires prior knowledge or a particularly adventurous user...

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 13:51:04 »

Quote from: ch_123;201028
As a Unix system, I'm sure that OS X is probably more tinerk-able than Windows is. I guess the issue is that tinkering with Unix requires prior knowledge or a particularly adventurous user...

It's a modified BSD distro basically, and it's all there to tinker with, it's just hidden away from people that, to use a generalisation, should stick to designing pretty things, rather than mucking around with various system settings.
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 14:30:39 »
Quote from: EverythingIBM;200934

Where did I come into this?

I'm not an asshat anymore. Read more carefully.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 14:48:39 »
EIBM, it's "*******" not "asshat."  Those are two entirely different people.

Me = *******

Kishy = asshat (I don't care what you put on your title, you already admitted it)

Offline Infinite north

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:06:22 »
I <3 womans.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:09:36 »
so voix, have we convinced you to dance naked while balancing an M on your head yet? Some pretty persuasive arguments for it in this thread, no? :)

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:12:28 »
As a professional photographer, with plenty of model/glamour Portfolio's shot, I'll volunteer to do tasteful shots of it :tongue:
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:13:48 »
Quote from: InSanCen;201057
As a professional photographer, with plenty of model/glamour Portfolio's shot, I'll volunteer to do tasteful shots of it :tongue:

More like "tasty" shots...

Do you have any of sheep?  Not for me, of course.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:14:33 »
Quote from: InSanCen;201057

now thats a generous offer.  For my part I volunteer to save them all to my hard disk for safekeeping.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:15:57 »
InSanCen is from Wales, cool.  
Everything I know about Wales comes from... you know, I dont think i've ever seen a movie set in wales.

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:29:11 »
Quote from: wellington1869;201063
Everything I know about Wales comes from... you know, I dont think i've ever seen a movie set in wales.

The best Welsh movies are very... erm... underground ones...

"Saucy Sheep 3" for instance, teaches you the very important lesson that, at the edge of a mountain or cliff, they push back.

As for sheep pictures, they're expensive... ;-)
:

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 15:51:12 »
Quote from: gr1m;200976
You're hopeless aren't you.

You're right. I'm "Change-less" too.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 16:08:36 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;201072

You know, me too.  Ever since I started using my Debit/Credit card for all my purchases, I never have any change, either.

Offline InSanCen

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 16:12:12 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;201072

Am I the only one thinking "B&"???
:

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 16:29:17 »
Quote from: wellington1869;201063

Original black & white Wolfman with Lon Chaney?

Offline hyperlinked

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 16:38:38 »
Quote from: wellington1869;201025
As a result mac users we've seen rarely know how to actually fix their own machines, and we have a hell of a time hiring qualified mac techs. No problem finding enthusiastic mac users -- really hard time finding mac users who know how their systems actually work.

I seriously doubt that there's this huge disparity between cluelessness amongst owners of one platform vs another with the exception of Linux (since you have to have some chops just to install that). People who buy the cheapest PC possible and people who spend extra money on a Mac for the sole reason that it's a Mac and they believe it's less hassle have a lot in common. They both are more likely than not to have a low technical IQ.

Rather, I'd venture to say the reason why you get more clueless Mac users is because there are fewer Mac users so if something breaks down, the average person might not have a handy fix-it friend to hit up for a free fix. Whenever someone asks me what computer they should buy, my response is "What do your more tech savvy friends own? Get that. You'll need to have someone sympathetic to call when something gets screwed."

I'm that friend for a lot of people in my town so I get called before the repair shops do. I know a lot of people and most of these requests for advice on their computer problems are for PCs and the reason is simple. There are far more PCs and people will avoid having to pay for computer repairs if at all possible. By the time you get a call, a PC may have already gone through two or three people like me who'll weed out all the easy issues.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 July 2010, 16:43:35 by hyperlinked »
-

Offline British

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 09 July 2010, 16:43:22 »
Actually, after taking a look at IMDB, there's quite a few things that happened in Wales.
To name a few that actually ringed a bell to me:
- Torchwood: I am yet to see any episode... but at least I've heard about it
- Cadfael: only ever seen bits of it
- Dog Soldiers: I actually saw that one... memory sucks though, looks like I'll have to watch it again someday

Hope I helped :wink: