Author Topic: [ GH60 Satan ] Keyboard no longer recognized in Win/Linux  (Read 1250 times)

Offline derlg

[ GH60 Satan ] Keyboard no longer recognized in Win/Linux
« on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 18:33:30 »
I have a gh60 satan that I have been using for a long time now- then all the sudden the other day, it stopped working.  I had it plugged into windows laptop at the time and windows says that there was a malfucntion with the device and that " a request for the usb device descriptor failed ".    When i unplug/plug it in, all the leds turn on and the system recognizes that its been attached but the above error ensues.  I tried launching EasyAvr and detecting it there- thought maybe it somehow got flashed or something. Nothing shows up.

I figured it was a driver issue- but no longer see any amtel drivers on that system. The windows laptop wont let me install any unsigned drivers- so I tried using a generic driver to see if I can get the keyboard running that way. No dice.  I tried having the harddisk scanned, that didnt work.  I launched easyav

I plugged it into my linux rig and it does the same thing- though I havent tried debugging it from there aside form trying to detect it using EasyAvr.

I'm all out of ideas and I'd really hate to have to put it to the curb... help, please?

Edit::
Voltage values: usb:5.05v   esc(next to usb):4.75v   ~`(opposite end of row):3.78v     tab(under esc):2.79v   return:4.55v    shift(under return):4.79v   ctrl(under shift):3.09v     aside from ~` key, each key in each row has the same value except some rows have different values than others

Edit2::
When doing continuity test: LEDs read 1064, usb 1628, every key holds a different- fluctuating value.

Edit3::
Talked to blitzkraft and Boobuigi at #geekhack irc channel, and did a continuity test said mentioned above- but to the usb.  I had one probe inside the male usbA port contacting each of the pins while the other was contacting the pins on the rear of the mini usb smd.  It had appeared that some of the pins were not consistently making contact- so I had decided to desolder it out for inspection.  In the midst of doing so- I ended up destroying the mini usb smd and had to order a new one off Ebay(here's hoping it comes in soon- but with the current USPS slowdown, who knows?).  blitzkraft suggested parting out a device with a mini-usb already in it and try using that.  That might be my only option right now with circumstances as they are. I will update this further after I have resoldered a mini usb back in and tested it.

Many thanks to blitzkraft and Boobuigi
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 13:49:18 by derlg »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [ GH60 Satan ] Keyboard no longer recognized in Win/Linux
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 21:22:14 »
Check around the processor and make sure all the diodes are still attached and showing continuity.

I had this exact same issue with a GH60 and it turned out I had ripped off a diode.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline derlg

Re: [ GH60 Satan ] Keyboard no longer recognized in Win/Linux
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 23:38:55 »
Backstory:: first time soldering this much on a single project;  first time desoldering(didnt have sip connectors in the switches initially);  had to replace mini usb connector at one point because keyboard fell with cord still inside.  Board was previously working in this condition. I've tried EasyAvr and QMK Config tools.
https://imgur.com/a/sa7n1SZ

« Last Edit: Tue, 11 August 2020, 11:27:17 by derlg »